Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288495Likes

post #33391 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
Who owns an Xbox One S? I tired putting this in the Xbox owners thread but it seems dead as of right now and figured theres a lot of people with the new Xbox One S in here. I am curious because I gave my OG XB1 to my brother and I purchased the Xbox One S. Long story short when the system is off (I do not have it set to Instant On, its on energy save) I can hear a constant buzzing noise (like you would hear on a power line, that subtle buzz noise) coming from where you connect the power cord to the back of the unit. Its only when it is off, and the only thing I can find searching google is about fan noise which mine does not have. The buzz noise is only heard if the room is dead silent and you are close to the system while it is off. I'm deeming it as normal but I'm not sure, my OG XB1 didn't sound like that but it also had a power brick and the XB1S has the power supply inside the system now.

I bought the GOW4 1TB Xbox One S bundle, problem is if I go to do an exchange or return after I downloaded GOW4 from the code that comes with the system (since they don't give you the hard disc, you have to use a code to DL) I accidentally misplaced it and cant find it anywhere. So I'm not really sure if BB will let me exchange or if I will have to exchange at a more expensive route meaning they might charge me for the game since I no longer have the whole bundle. I haven't tried yet, and am hoping I don't have too and hoping this buzz noise is normal.
Hey, I have an Xbox One S but have not experienced a buzzing while the console is on. I think you got a bad one. I would try exchanging it while you're still able to. I doubt BB will hassle you over the code. They'll probably just check to make sure the console itself is in the box.

I will say, however, I have an old Xbox 360 headset that I use with my Xbox One. The audio cable is plugged into my Vizio P but the USB to power the headset I have plugged into my Xbox One S. When the console is on there is a constant static played through the headset. When the console is off and I am watching something on the TV there is no static played through the headset. I used the same headset with my original Xbox One and never had any static issues like this so it has to be the S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33392 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar Dog View Post
I just purchased an Xbox One S [Gears of War Edition - Manufactured August 2016] a week ago and noticed the faint buzzing noise when powered off.
I only noticed it because I was listening to the fan noise when powered on and when I powered it off I could hear the fan spinning down and then a faint noise continued even when the Xbox One shut down.
It is very noticeable through the top fan vent holes.

I have it set to not run in standby mode or eco mode or whatever the settings are to shut down completely.

I have heard it on two different Xbox One's and now you have confirmed that it is happening elsewhere.

It bothers me enough [Not the faint noise, just the fact that it is happening] that I unplug it when done using it.

Anyone with a fairly new white Xbox One S that can see if they hear this when powered off.
Maybe it's just a bad batch of GOW Red one's with this issue...
I just checked mine and it has a faint buzzing too. I have the day-one white model. I also noticed that the input icon stays lit up during selection. Meaning, that even though the XB1S is off, input 1 stays available for selection. On the PS4 Pro, you can't select input 2 until you turn on the system. Both are connected to my OLED TV, not my P-Series.

65JS8500, P50-C1, 55C6P, K8500, PS4 Pro, XB1S, Nvidia Shield
post #33393 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Not going into pricing, but Costco carries the 65" P series finally!

I am a little worried though, the Samsung KS8000 has been priced more aggressively now so that may be the better choice for many, but at least we are seeing the P series finally start to come down now too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33394 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
I have the P50 and haven't noticed any of the scene change flickering described here. I just tested using various VUDU movies (4K 24p) and everything looked fine to me when it went from light to dark. Maybe I'm not sensitive to it or maybe it is just certain sets that have a problem.
I wonder if it is more of an issue with lower resolutions being upscaled by the set. Due to my poor internet I am only able to 1080p maximum to the set. Maybe try to watch some movies in 1080p and see if you see the minor 'flash' going from light to dark.

Jutter is gone..zipadeedoodah zipadeeday!!!
post #33395 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
not going into pricing, but costco carries the 65" p series finally!

I am a little worried though, the samsung ks8000 has been priced more aggressively now so that may be the better choice for many, but at least we are seeing the p series finally start to come down now too.
ouch!!!!!!
post #33396 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
I have more clarity on the 45' Monoprice Cabernets that I've been using with the P75. I have two of them and experience the following:

Cable 1: quick to lock on to any signal, even 18 Gbps signals. It has a large quantity of white pixel sparkles though when the bandwidth goes over the 10/11 Gbps range. So it sparkles with 4:4:4 8bit 60Hz output as well as 4:2:2 output. 4:2:0 output of any frame rate or at 10bit does not.

Cable 2: horrendous at locking on to any signals. Takes up to minutes and sometimes won't lock on at all. Once it does get a signal, it does also sparkle at higher bandwidth but much much less than cable 1.

The 40' Celerity cable for me could not lock on to anything at higher bandwidth.

This is all going through an AV7702mkII. I have tried the 2 Cabernets on either output of the preamp and they act the same regardless. The Celerity though failed even going source direct to the display at high bandwidth.

I have several 40' Cabernets that I'll be installing this week. I hope shaving the 5' makes a difference. I'm so close to having a solid working setup, just need the signaling without the sparkles.

Tonight I'm going to test one more time going source direct to the display through either Cabernet and see what I get.

Specifically, my Roku Ultra, Chromecast Ultra, and PS4 Pro sparkle. The TiVo and K8500 do not. The Xbox does not. The PC sparkles if set to 4:2:2 or 4:4:4, but not at 4:2:0.

The Roku Ultra only sparkles when set to output to a UHD HDR display. If set to output just as UHD, then it does not.
You are just wasting your time with the Monoprice Chinese crap HDMI cables they will never work properly.

At 45 feet the only cables that will work are the Blue Jeans Cables series 1 cables.
You can get them here:
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/...hdmi-cable.htm
Karnis2 likes this.
post #33397 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
You are just wasting your time with the Monoprice Chinese crap HDMI cables they will never work properly.

At 45 feet the only cables that will work are the Blue Jeans Cables series 1 cables.
You can get them here:
BJC may be superior, but I haven't had any problems with Monoprice cables for shorter distances and their prices are hard to beat. I recently got a 15' "certified premium" cable and it passes 4K 60Hz RGB no problem. The only problem I have with it is how thick it is, it sounds like the BJC FE would be thinner but costs 4 times as much.

45' is going to be tough for any passive cable and even BJC only guarantees Cat 2 speed up to 25ft in their series 1 cables.
post #33398 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
BJC may be superior, but I haven't had any problems with Monoprice cables for shorter distances and their prices are hard to beat. I recently got a 15' "certified premium" cable and it passes 4K 60Hz RGB no problem. The only problem I have with it is how thick it is, it sounds like the BJC FE would be thinner but costs 4 times as much.

45' is going to be tough for any passive cable and even BJC only guarantees Cat 2 speed up to 25ft in their series 1 cables.
The Series FE is only 28awg, that's why it's premium certified only up to 15 ft while the Monoprice is certified up to 20ft... For passive, thicker is better, that's why if you really care about longer runs you either can't complain about thickness or need to go with an active solution.
post #33399 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It worked guyz, thanks alot !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	j3fp5Ps.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1770233  
post #33400 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
The Series FE is only 28awg, that's why it's premium certified only up to 15 ft while the Monoprice is certified up to 20ft... For passive, thicker is better, that's why if you really care about longer runs you either can't complain about thickness or need to go with an active solution.
Yeah, I understand why it is thick, it's just a bummer as it is even thicker and less flexible than I expected and I'm using it in my living room to occasionally hook up a laptop so the super thick cable is a pain to deal with. I might get an ultra slim active cable to replace it, I just wish I had thought of that before I bought the passive one.
post #33401 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post

You can get them here:

Are blue jeans cables not made in China too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #33402 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, I understand why it is thick, it's just a bummer as it is even thicker and less flexible than I expected and I'm using it in my living room to occasionally hook up a laptop so the super thick cable is a pain to deal with. I might get an ultra slim active cable to replace it, I just wish I had thought of that before I bought the passive one.
Well, at least there are actual affordable active systems that work now, just a year ago you'd have to go HDMI over fiber or some uber expensive solution. :/
post #33403 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Are blue jeans cables not made in China too?
The ones labelled as such are, the others are American cable stock *assembled* (terminated, etc) in China.
post #33404 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Are you positive it hasn't dropped you to 30Hz or 4:2:0? RGB 4K 60fps requires more data than HDMI 1.4 supports according to everything I have read on the subject.

When using HDMI 1.4 on my computer the Nvidia control panel only lets me do 60Hz 4:2:0 or 30Hz RGB. Using displayport I can do 4K RGB at 60Hz (using the club3D displayport to hdmi adapter and hdmi 4 on the TV). My computer doesn't have a hdmi 2.0 port so I can't directly test a HDMI 2.0 output to the Vizio's HDMI 5 to see how it works.

Maybe there is something weird with the port and it is HDMI 2.0 hardware with HDMI 1.4 firmware allowing it to beat the spec somehow, I don't know.
You are correct. It did drop down to 4:2:0

I was wrong, apologies for the misinformation I posted earlier.
post #33405 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 481
This is an excellent thread if you are interested in information on PS4, Xbox, or HDMI cables.
Not so much for a potential buyer looking for information about the display itself. #sad. 😏
Schwa and Brandon B like this.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #33406 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3128 Post(s)
Liked: 2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
This is an excellent thread if you are interested in information on PS4, Xbox, or HDMI cables.
Not so much for a potential buyer looking for information about the display itself. #sad. 😏
on the contrary, all of this stuff is about the display's functionality... The set's been out long enough if you want commentary on the picture quality or performance there's tons of reviews and resources out there. Now it's time to actually use the thing with new 4k devices.
post #33407 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 57
HDMI Color Subsampling

Been a while since I posted, but I'm still enjoying the heck out of my P-55. But I'm wondering if someone can tell me what HDMI Color Subsampling actually does and if I need it for HDR games on my PS4?

I replaying the Last of Us, and have HDR enabled. It looks great (using HDMI 4), definitely a noticeable difference vs. HDR off, and the Vizio app says HDR=Yes. But I have Subsampling turned off. I thought subsampling had to be turned on for HDR HDMI sources, but is that only for movies? I hear "subsampling" and I automatically think I must be giving something up by enabling it, but that may be a misconception.

Can anyone give me any input about the subsampling setting, and if I should enable if I only care about HDR gaming (not movies)?
post #33408 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Picture quality is flat out awesome. It's getting the source picture to display and show up properly where all the work is required.
Bootnylee likes this.
post #33409 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
If you have a question, just ask. I'm sure someone would love to help out, and there are over 1000 other pages of info already here.
I WANT MORE likes this.
post #33410 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1169 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 3382
Test firmware enabled

It's the middle of November and we are making very good progress on our release. All of the fixes targeted are not in and we haven't done the complete set of regression testing. However, the release has been very stable for internal testers so I have decided to release it to the group here.

If you sent me your serial number before... you are enabled. Please let me know if you want to be removed from the early release group. This is a test release and it is likely that there are bugs and maybe some adverse behavior.

The release is an early version of our Sprint 1.3. It has the following additions and fixes:

- GoogleCast v1.21 which adds support for Google Home voice commands
- 4:4:4 improvements in Computer Picture Mode
- 4:2:[email protected] rewrite to support HDR gaming
- Improvements to WIFI stability
- Improvements for P50 low IRE flicker
- CEC and ARC improvements
- SoftAP/WIFI improvements
- PQ improvements and updates to DolbyVision 3D LUTs
- Firmware update improvements (solves hang at 100% etc)
- Numerous HDMI and EDID bug fixes, improvements
- OOBE improvements
- Stuttering and frame drop fixes
- Hundreds of other bug fixes across the system

The team is still working on a couple of issues that are not yet in this release. This includes the Black Drop outs on HDMI sources and frame doubling and blurring seen by some users. In addition we will be improving the P50 flicker issue and fixing a bunch of issues with 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 as we finish up this release. Also, this release does not separate HDR and DolbyVision PQ engines (that will be in Sprint 2 which will land in Q1 2017).

Despite this, I felt many people would still like to get the hands (display) on this release and start enjoying HDR gaming... especially with the Holidays approaching. So, hammer away, report any issues you are seeing and we will take your feedback as we work towards a final Sprint 1.3 release over the next weeks.

I'll be traveling this week but checking the forums every time I can and rolling up feedback for the team. Again, if anyone wants to be removed from the early list please let me know.

Happy testing and thank you for your patience!

Matt
post #33411 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
It's the middle of November and we are making very good progress on our release. All of the fixes targeted are not in and we haven't done the complete set of regression testing. However, the release has been very stable for internal testers so I have decided to release it to the group here.

If you sent me your serial number before... you are enabled. Please let me know if you want to be removed from the early release group. This is a test release and it is likely that there are bugs and maybe some adverse behavior.

The release is an early version of our Sprint 1.3. It has the following additions and fixes:

- OOBE improvements

The team is still working on a couple of issues that are not yet in this release. This includes the Black Drop outs on HDMI sources and frame doubling and blurring seen by some users. In addition we will be improving the P50 flicker issue and fixing a bunch of issues with 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 as we finish up this release. Also, this release does not separate HDR and DolbyVision PQ engines (that will be in Sprint 2 which will land in Q1 2017).

Despite this, I felt many people would still like to get the hands (display) on this release and start enjoying HDR gaming... especially with the Holidays approaching. So, hammer away, report any issues you are seeing and we will take your feedback as we work towards a final Sprint 1.3 release over the next weeks.

I'll be traveling this week but checking the forums every time I can and rolling up feedback for the team. Again, if anyone wants to be removed from the early list please let me know.

Matt
Thanks much for updating us! Sent you a message with my S/N But wanted to also voice here that I think its super cool you take time to come here and chat with us and keep us informed.
post #33412 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Third time's the charm for me, though HDR isn't working for me.

I kow it's been asked to death, but:

HDMI Subsampling: On right?

When I do that on the PS4 Pro with TLOU and Infamous, it just screws up the image quality completely.

Tried all the hdmi inputs and 4 different cables. 2 different versions of Amazon basic, the one that came with the TV, and some Twisted Veins cable. All had the same exact image distortion for HDR on HDMI 1-4. 5 is obviously not HDR compliant.

Tried YUV420, and RGB. Nothing works.

I'm not crying about it since I didn't get the TV for HDR, but I still wanna play around with HDR.

Mad Lust Envy

Last edited by Raven Crimson; 11-14-2016 at 06:09 PM.
post #33413 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:11 PM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Exclamation RGB, YCbCr, and Chroma Subsampling

BT.709 (or Rec.709) and BT.2020 (or Rec.2020) are RGB Color Spaces. RGB Color Spaces, also known as Color Models, are generally labeled R’G’B’ (pronounced “R-prime, G-prime, B-prime”) by color scientists because they are “gamma-corrected” spaces. Color scientists reserve RGB to refer to non-gamma-corrected (or “linear”) spaces that use red, green, and blue primaries.

[For more on Color Space, see my post >> HERE <<]

With the exception of a few rare cases, every pixel on your screen is made up of Red, Green, and Blue sub-pixels. Therefore, everything sent into your display becomes RGB at some point. However, not everything sent to your display starts off as RGB.

Even though video cameras physically measure RGB values, and displays are made using RGB primaries, video is stored, transmitted, and processed in a color encoding system called YCbCr (or Y′CbCr). When your TV receives a YCbCr signal (e.g. from a Blu-ray player), it processes that signal and converts it to RGB - since that is what the TV uses to display images.

So why do we have YCbCr and RGB? It’s a long story. Let me just say that it involves and goes back to Black & White TV, the transition to color, and human visual perception. In practical application, YCbCr is no different than RGB in terms of quality since humans are far more sensitive to black-and-white information (luminance) than they are to color information (chrominance) - especially in moving images.

Chroma subsampling is a process where color information (chroma) is “sacrificed” in order to reduce bandwidth and file sizes. By a convoluted method of trial and error, and lots of testing, they discovered that they could actually throw out half or even three fourths of the color information and most people wouldn’t even notice. Subsampling (or downsampling) is what happens when you don’t sample 1:1 - which means you throw out some of the data.

Note: Chroma subsampling only applies to YCbCr encoding systems. An RGB color model implicitly does NOT use any chroma subsampling. You can’t have a 4:2:2 RGB stream. What would this mean? What’s the meaning of half green and half blue? Nor can you have a 4:2:0 RGB stream. What kind of image would it be if it can never have blue at all? When you’re talking about RGB, all three channels must contain the same number (i.e. 4:4:4).

YCbCr is the color encoding system used for video sources. It has a native "limited" color range of 16-235 (for 8-bit sources), where everything below 16 is considered "Blacker-than-Black" and everything above 235 is "Whiter-than-White". All video discs, including Blu-rays and UHD Blu-rays, are encoded as YCbCr. Most HDMI devices (Blu-ray players, Satellite receivers, Cable boxes) will output a YCrCb signal. It is usually best to set these source components to output a YCbCr signal not RGB.

For instance, Blu-ray movies are encoded in YCbCr 4:2:0. If you set your Blu-ray player to output an RGB signal, the player needs to first upsample the YCbCr 4:2:0 encode to YCbCr 4:4:4 and then convert it to RGB before sending it to the TV. When you set it to output a 4:2:2 signal, the player first scales the 4:2:0 encode up to 4:2:2, sends that signal to the TV, and then the TV does the upscaling to 4:4:4, converts it to RGB, and sends it to the display controller. If you set it to output a YCbCr 4:4:4 signal, the TV doesn't need to do any upscaling at all since the player takes care of the upsampling, but it still needs to process that signal and convert it to RGB.

In practice, resampling (whether upsampling or downsampling) the color portions of an image is very much like scaling an image from one pixel size to another. Subsampling is in effect a very simple lossy compression scheme, throwing away portions of the image that are less important for perception (the detailed color information) in order to devote more resources to the important stuff (the black-and-white details).

In a Y’CbCr encoding system, the luminance information (or luma signal) is transmitted separately from the color information and a "color difference system" is used to derive green. Y′ (pronounced Y-prime) is the luma component and Cb & Cr are the blue-difference and red-difference chroma components - they are derived from B-Y’ and R-Y’.

Therefore, the luma signal (Y′) can be stored in high resolution and transmitted at high bandwidth, and the two chroma components (Cb and Cr) can be bandwidth-reduced, subsampled, compressed, or otherwise treated separately for improved system efficiency.

If the maximum possible quality of a full color image of a YCbCr signal is "12".
  • 4:4:4 = 4+4+4 = 12, or 100% of maximum possible quality
  • 4:2:2 = 4+2+2 = 8, which is 66.7% of 4:4:4
  • 4:2:0 = 4+2+0 = 6, which is 50% of 4:4:4

Therefore, if a 4:4:4 uncompressed frame is 24 MB, then a 4:2:2 frame will be reduced to 16 MB, and a 4:2:0 will be 12 MB. Note: This is before any compression has been applied.

For 4:4:4, each of the three YCbCr components have the same sample rate, thus there is no chroma subsampling. For every 4 Y pixels, there are 4 Cb and Cr pixels on the even scan lines and 4 Cb and Cr pixels on the odd scan lines. This scheme is sometimes used in high-end film scanners and cinematic post production.

For 4:2:2, the two chroma components are sampled at half the sample rate of luma: the horizontal chroma resolution is halved but the full vertical resolution is retained. For every 4 Y pixels, there are 2 Cb and Cr pixels on the even lines and 2 Cb and Cr pixels on the odd lines. This reduces the bandwidth of an uncompressed video signal by one-third with little to no visual difference.

For 4:2:0, both the horizontal and the vertical chroma resolution is halved since the Cb and Cr chroma channels are only sampled on each alternate line. For every 4 Y pixels on the even scan lines, there will be 2 Cb and Cr pixels and for every 4 Y pixels on the odd scan lines there will be 0 Cb and Cr pixels. For television broadcasts, videos, and movies, 4:2:0 subsampling reduces the file size by half - before any compression has been applied.

However, while subsampling can easily reduce the size of an uncompressed image by up to 50% with minimal loss of quality, the final effect on the size of a compressed image is considerably less - this is because image compression algorithms also remove redundant chroma information.

The important thing to understand and remember is, when it comes to viewing movies, TV shows, or videos, very few people will be able to notice any difference in quality between 4:4:4 and 4:2:0 subsampling.

Richard
post #33414 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

- OOBE improvements

Matt

This is great news Matt!! Thanks a lot for the awesome work.

I have been doing some testing on my P50 connecting my gaming laptop to it. But i am getting horrible results. My laptop has a gtx 870m so i play games at 1080p 60fps.

Hooking up the laptop to hdmi 5 i get this issue.

Then i hooked it to Hdmi 4 and the weird flickering colors stopped. However, there i see a line during the game that is not normal. It looks like when you have vsync off (which i don't).

Finally, i tried to play doom and i can't adjust the resolution over this.

post #33415 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Crimson View Post
Third time's the charm for me, though HDR isn't working for me.

I kow it's been asked to death, but:

HDMI Subsampling: On right?

When I do that on the PS4 Pro with TLOU and Infamous, it just screws up the image quality completely.

Tried all the hdmi inputs and 4 different cables. 2 different versions of Amazon basic, the one that came with the TV, and some Twisted Veins cable. All had the same exact image distortion for HDR on HDMI 1-4. 5 is obviously not HDR compliant.

Tried YUV420, and RGB. Nothing works.

I'm not crying about it since I didn't get the TV for HDR, but I still wanna play around with HDR.

Leaving everything on Auto, display and PS4 Pro, worked for me. TLOU looks very good in HDR (small exception for really dark scenes that Naughty Dog is supposed to be working on a fix for)

post #33416 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
New firmware 3.0.6.4 installed! Thanks!!
post #33417 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Great to see the new firmware announcement. Downloading now and looking forward to giving Forza Horizon 3 some testing later tonight.

Sony 55X900e
Vizio P50-C1 - My Calibration Settings
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #33418 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
New firmware 3.0.6.4 installed! Thanks!!
Already? How did ya get it? I think I am part of the early group but do not have it yet.

Should I try the repairing thing?
post #33419 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:

- OOBE improvements

Matt
Is this for anyone who got the early fw before or just people who requested this one early? Thanks
Edit: It's happening!

Last edited by lordj; 11-14-2016 at 06:45 PM.
post #33420 of 64064 Old 11-14-2016, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Benjamin View Post
Already? How did ya get it? I think I am part of the early group but do not have it yet.

Should I try the repairing thing?
In the SmartCast app, Settings, System, System Information, System Check, and then confirm. Turn off your tv for 20 minutes, and it should be updated when you turn it back on. This will only work if you previously submitted your serial number for a previous firmware update on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page