Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #34681 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Member
 
rmcgowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
The TV is definitely capable of [email protected] Are you sure that the content is 60fps? I think most US TV shows are filmed at 30fps (the NTSC standard) and most movies are filmed at 24fps.

If it should be 60fps and is only giving 30fps one of the first checks people here recommend is always the cable. If you don't have a 18Gbps cable then you can't get [email protected]
Thanks. I had been careful with the cable from the receiver to the TV, but forgot about the cable from the Roku to receiver. (Doh!) Let me try a better cable.

I hate when you forget the basics. Thanks for the reminder.
rmcgowen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34682 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 11:39 AM
Member
 
starforsaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, looks like I'll be a new P50-C1 owner soon, delivery's on the way. First, I'd like to thank the OP for the very useful info in the first post. Good job

I was wondering is anyone here was using a "TV cart" (basically, a TV stand on wheels like you'd see at trade shows). I want to use my new TV in the bedroom, and ideally at the end of the bed, so I can't really fix it on a wall (there's a walk-in there anyway).

At first I was looking at normal stands, but they were never the correct height, and I was worried that the TV and cables would always be in the way. With a rolling TV cart like the one pictured below, I'll be able to easily move it/tilt it to the sweet spot, and then roll it in a corner whenever I'm not using it.

Here are my questions :
1- Is anyone using one of those? Would you recommend it?
2- Does anyone have a better idea? I was also looking at a lift cabinet but the TV is a bit too big and it would be a lot more expensive, plus I wouldn't be able to move it to another room as easily.
3- I'd probably use the bottom shelf for a Xbox One S or PS4 Pro (or both if there's enough space). I wouldn't have a spot for a sound bar however. Is a sound bar necessary with this TV or are the speakers good enough? Any way to clip the soundbar to the TV (like some PC monitors) or make it work without placing it on that shelf? There's a pretty low weight limit apparently so I can't just stack them up.
4- So far, I've looked at Vivo and Mount-It mostly, but there are tons of alternatives and they honestly pretty much all look the same. Is there a particular brand that would be recommended? I'm in Canada and would probably buy it from Amazon, unless there's a better option.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	téléchargement.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1796529  
starforsaken is offline  
post #34683 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Has anyone found decent screen protectors that fit the tablet remotes. I don't trust the cats to not knock them over
TacticalDev91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34684 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,777
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 4061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post
So it basically seems like all ports for 4k... HDMI 1-4 an HDMI5 are similar

HDMI 1-4
*HDR
*Little higher input lag in Game Mode (37ms)

HDMI 5
*No HDR
*Will upscale 1080p to 4k and accepts 4k native
*Lower input lag
My rule of thumb for the 2016 Vizio P-series is this:
  • HDMI 1-4 is for up to 4K sources with optional HDR - good input lag (fine for many games and players)
  • HDMI 5 is for up to 1080p sources with no HDR - best-in-class input lag
  • All inputs upscale to the TV's native 4K resolution

This is based on the current beta and future firmware. Yes, HDMI 5 can be set up to accept some 4K sources, but it's not really what it was made for. I would recommend sticking to the above rule-of-thumb to avoid possible confusion and incompatibility.
Karnis2 likes this.
DaverJ is online now  
post #34685 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by starforsaken View Post
Hello all, looks like I'll be a new P50-C1 owner soon, delivery's on the way. First, I'd like to thank the OP for the very useful info in the first post. Good job

I was wondering is anyone here was using a "TV cart" (basically, a TV stand on wheels like you'd see at trade shows). I want to use my new TV in the bedroom, and ideally at the end of the bed, so I can't really fix it on a wall (there's a walk-in there anyway).

At first I was looking at normal stands, but they were never the correct height, and I was worried that the TV and cables would always be in the way. With a rolling TV cart like the one pictured below, I'll be able to easily move it/tilt it to the sweet spot, and then roll it in a corner whenever I'm not using it.

Here are my questions :
1- Is anyone using one of those? Would you recommend it?
2- Does anyone have a better idea? I was also looking at a lift cabinet but the TV is a bit too big and it would be a lot more expensive, plus I wouldn't be able to move it to another room as easily.
3- I'd probably use the bottom shelf for a Xbox One S or PS4 Pro (or both if there's enough space). I wouldn't have a spot for a sound bar however. Is a sound bar necessary with this TV or are the speakers good enough? Any way to clip the soundbar to the TV (like some PC monitors) or make it work without placing it on that shelf? There's a pretty low weight limit apparently so I can't just stack them up.
4- So far, I've looked at Vivo and Mount-It mostly, but there are tons of alternatives and they honestly pretty much all look the same. Is there a particular brand that would be recommended? I'm in Canada and would probably buy it from Amazon, unless there's a better option.

Thanks in advance for your help!
https://www.fitueyes.com/collections/tv-cart-2
I have there plain stand that tilts foward if needed, seems like a solid unit, but no wheels.
dirtydansv is offline  
post #34686 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JaremyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 1,395
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
I bought a Tivo Bolt this weekend, and I am having some real trouble with it on the P Series.

Whenever I fast forward, rewind, skip 30 sec, replay button... anything that shifts the time, the entire display goes black for like 1-5 seconds. Makes it quite literally impossible to use the box.

I've tried all combinations (other than trying on another TV, which is next... Just such a pain because it's nestled into my entertainment center now). I've tried different HDMI cables, including the one that shipped with it and a Blue Jeans one. I've tried restricting the output to only 1080p, only 1080i, etc. I've tried removing the tuning adapter and running cable straight in. I've tried bypassing my AVR and plugging directly into the TV.

This leads me to believe that it's an issue with either the TV or the device itself.

Before I ship this thing back to where it came from, anyone else experience this and solve it? Or does anyone have a Bolt and this doesn't happen to them? Gonna try and look in a Bolt owners thread as well.

Thanks.
Yep. Set the Bolt to just output 1080p and for audio set it to just PCM. The black screening should stop. Accept the fact that the Bolt is just a (awesome) DVR and don't bother with any other features or apps. Buy a Roku or something instead. That's what I've done. You'll save yourself much trouble.
theSTEREO. likes this.
JaremyP is offline  
post #34687 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 2
firmware version?

Can someone please enlighten me on what is the exact up to date firmware version? I'm getting two different answers and I cannot find it in this thread. Thank you!
jwh9983 is offline  
post #34688 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
It's the middle of November and we are making very good progress on our release. All of the fixes targeted are not in and we haven't done the complete set of regression testing. However, the release has been very stable for internal testers so I have decided to release it to the group here.

If you sent me your serial number before... you are enabled. Please let me know if you want to be removed from the early release group. This is a test release and it is likely that there are bugs and maybe some adverse behavior.

The release is an early version of our Sprint 1.3. It has the following additions and fixes:

- GoogleCast v1.21 which adds support for Google Home voice commands
- 4:4:4 improvements in Computer Picture Mode
- 4:2:[email protected] rewrite to support HDR gaming
- Improvements to WIFI stability
- Improvements for P50 low IRE flicker
- CEC and ARC improvements
- SoftAP/WIFI improvements
- PQ improvements and updates to DolbyVision 3D LUTs
- Firmware update improvements (solves hang at 100% etc)
- Numerous HDMI and EDID bug fixes, improvements
- OOBE improvements
- Stuttering and frame drop fixes
- Hundreds of other bug fixes across the system

The team is still working on a couple of issues that are not yet in this release. This includes the Black Drop outs on HDMI sources and frame doubling and blurring seen by some users. In addition we will be improving the P50 flicker issue and fixing a bunch of issues with 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 as we finish up this release. Also, this release does not separate HDR and DolbyVision PQ engines (that will be in Sprint 2 which will land in Q1 2017).

Despite this, I felt many people would still like to get the hands (display) on this release and start enjoying HDR gaming... especially with the Holidays approaching. So, hammer away, report any issues you are seeing and we will take your feedback as we work towards a final Sprint 1.3 release over the next weeks.

I'll be traveling this week but checking the forums every time I can and rolling up feedback for the team. Again, if anyone wants to be removed from the early list please let me know.

Happy testing and thank you for your patience!

Matt
My SN is LTM7TMAS0750330

Thanks,
AgentDatch is offline  
post #34689 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
@Matt McRae Thanks a lot for getting me on the beta firmware. I have really enjoyed the improvements, particularly the Xbox One S HDR compatibility and the Google Home compatibility. I was wondering if Vizio and/or Google plans to expand support for Google Home to let it actually control the TV power, inputs, volume, etc. That would be really cool if possible. Thanks.
I just received my Google Home this morning and set it up. I only got to mess around with it for a few minutes, but it casted Spotify to my TV (beta firmware) perfectly and would turn it on (with AVR) if it was powered off. It can control the volume "Hey Google, turn it up", but it only does so in increments of 1 unless I can't figure out the correct voice command.

Does anyone know if the TV will turn off automatically if left on the Cast input after some time? I couldn't find a setting and could only test leaving it there for 20 minutes before having to head out.
thoughts1053 is offline  
post #34690 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgowen View Post
Thanks. I had been careful with the cable from the receiver to the TV, but forgot about the cable from the Roku to receiver. (Doh!) Let me try a better cable.

I hate when you forget the basics. Thanks for the reminder.
I have a Roku Ultra and am using the Amazon basic cables. I can check if I'm getting [email protected] when I get home. What content are you trying to watch?
thoughts1053 is offline  
post #34691 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh9983 View Post
Can someone please enlighten me on what is the exact up to date firmware version? I'm getting two different answers and I cannot find it in this thread. Thank you!
I believe the current firmware is 2.2.7.4. Based on the recent info within this thread there appears to be a newer version on the horizon.
Keo Sutherland is offline  
post #34692 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Member
 
rmcgowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughts1053 View Post
I have a Roku Ultra and am using the Amazon basic cables. I can check if I'm getting [email protected] when I get home. What content are you trying to watch?
There wasn't anything in particular I was trying to watch, it was more the warning from go.roku.com/hdr that had me concerned. It states:

"Note: Some 4K HDR content partners like Netflix will not show 4K HDR content unless your TV supports 4K UHD HDR at 60 fps. 4K HDR TVs that only support 4K HDR at 30 fps cannot be used to watch content in 4K HDR on these partner channels. You can still watch 4K non-HDR content on these partner channels."

Mainly I want to use the Roku for Amazon content. I am fine with the Vizio casting for everything and wish the stupid Amazon/Google spat would end.
rmcgowen is offline  
post #34693 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Senior Member
 
godfatherip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughts1053 View Post
I just received my Google Home this morning and set it up. I only got to mess around with it for a few minutes, but it casted Spotify to my TV (beta firmware) perfectly and would turn it on (with AVR) if it was powered off. It can control the volume "Hey Google, turn it up", but it only does so in increments of 1 unless I can't figure out the correct voice command.

Does anyone know if the TV will turn off automatically if left on the Cast input after some time? I couldn't find a setting and could only test leaving it there for 20 minutes before having to head out.
Cool, I didn't know it could already do volume. I knew it could power it up when a cast was sent, just like casting from other Android devices, but it can't turn it off (when you tell it to turn it off it just stops casting). Changing inputs would be nice and maybe toggling picture modes. The TV is already controlled by an Android device so it would seem that the Home should be able to do everything the Smartcast app does. Full compatibility with Vizio TVs probably isn't high on Google's priority list at the moment though considering how few "skills" it currently has compared to Alexa.

The display has an auto power off feature, it is supposed to be set to 10 minutes by default. It should be under display settings>timers.
godfatherip is offline  
post #34694 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
godfatherip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by starforsaken View Post
Hello all, looks like I'll be a new P50-C1 owner soon, delivery's on the way. First, I'd like to thank the OP for the very useful info in the first post. Good job

I was wondering is anyone here was using a "TV cart" (basically, a TV stand on wheels like you'd see at trade shows). I want to use my new TV in the bedroom, and ideally at the end of the bed, so I can't really fix it on a wall (there's a walk-in there anyway).

At first I was looking at normal stands, but they were never the correct height, and I was worried that the TV and cables would always be in the way. With a rolling TV cart like the one pictured below, I'll be able to easily move it/tilt it to the sweet spot, and then roll it in a corner whenever I'm not using it.

Here are my questions :
1- Is anyone using one of those? Would you recommend it?
2- Does anyone have a better idea? I was also looking at a lift cabinet but the TV is a bit too big and it would be a lot more expensive, plus I wouldn't be able to move it to another room as easily.
3- I'd probably use the bottom shelf for a Xbox One S or PS4 Pro (or both if there's enough space). I wouldn't have a spot for a sound bar however. Is a sound bar necessary with this TV or are the speakers good enough? Any way to clip the soundbar to the TV (like some PC monitors) or make it work without placing it on that shelf? There's a pretty low weight limit apparently so I can't just stack them up.
4- So far, I've looked at Vivo and Mount-It mostly, but there are tons of alternatives and they honestly pretty much all look the same. Is there a particular brand that would be recommended? I'm in Canada and would probably buy it from Amazon, unless there's a better option.

Thanks in advance for your help!
1) I haven't used a TV cart, I have a stationary stand by Whalen furniture that I ordered on Amazon that is great but they don't seem to make rolling carts.

2) They make some wall mounts that have long swivel arms that might allow you to move it in and out of position. This won't allow you to move between rooms of course and even the longest arms may not be enough for your purposes. If you do get a long arm mount, make sure it is attached to the wall very well as the further out it gets the more force it will place on the wall. There are also ceiling mounts and even fold up ceiling TV mounts that look interesting. Again proper installation will be important so it doesn't fall down.

3) The TV speakers aren't great but can work in a pinch. A soundbar would definitely be a big improvement. You can hang one off the mount so the soundbar sits below your TV using mounting brackets like this (that was just the first result on Amazon there may be better ones). Just make sure your TV+soundbar weight is below the capacity of your stand.

4) A lot of the products on Amazon are rebranded and sold under lots of different names. I always feel better if the "brand" has its own website so you can see that it is a real company, but sometimes you might have to go with a mystery company. In the end I'd probably just go for whatever looks sturdy and has 100+ reviews and a rating above 4 stars.

Good luck and enjoy your new P50, it's a great TV.
godfatherip is offline  
post #34695 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Newbie
 
Dilat3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Good afternoon @Matt McRae

I'd like to sign up for the beta firmware .. my s/n for my P65-C1 is:
LTMATLBS3550678

Thanks for the opportunity!
Dan
Dilat3d is offline  
post #34696 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
godfatherip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgowen View Post
Thanks. I had been careful with the cable from the receiver to the TV, but forgot about the cable from the Roku to receiver. (Doh!) Let me try a better cable.

I hate when you forget the basics. Thanks for the reminder.
The receiver itself also has the potential to cause problems. If it isn't working with a good cable then you might want to bypass the receiver and plug straight into the TV to see if that fixes it. That will at least help narrow the problem down.
godfatherip is offline  
post #34697 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Newbie
 
Dilat3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself .. I'm a new owner of a P65-C1, coming from a Panasonic TCP42G that I've had for about 7 years now!

Needless to say, the jump in picture quality is pretty surprising! For those who are wondering, the Panny is still going strong and it's going to be used in my gaming room.

Here's a shot of my current setup, walls will be painted in the near term (just moved into new home):



I have a Yamaha RX-V467 which is my current AVR, I will most likely run all my video inputs into the TV and then run an optical cable to the AVR. Not 100% set on that yet as I haven't confirmed if my receiver supports ARC. I have two Polk Audio TSi200 book shelf speakers for my L/R and a Polk Audio CS10 for my center channel. The sub is from Yamaha, don't remember the model off the top of my head. I have two Yamaha surround speakers but they're currently not setup.

Quick question, I noticed a similar issue that others haven encountered involving subtitles. Specifically, when subtitles appear on screen, they cause the lower 3rd of the screen to brighten and then dim once the subtitles are gone. Beyond changing the subtitles to yellow, like in Netflix, has anyone else found a solution or tweak/fix to at least minimize this effect?

Dan
markrubin, stikle and rightintel like this.
Dilat3d is offline  
post #34698 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Member
 
rmcgowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
The receiver itself also has the potential to cause problems. If it isn't working with a good cable then you might want to bypass the receiver and plug straight into the TV to see if that fixes it. That will at least help narrow the problem down.
I had ran in to problems with the receiver at first. It is a Pioneer VSX-90 and only the BD, HDMI-1, and HDMI-2 inputs support HDCP 2.2. It is supposed to support 4K/60p unless I am missing something.

Non-symmetric inputs and cable woes seem like a step back. I liked when hdmi just worked and you didn't have to worry about it

Last edited by rmcgowen; 11-29-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Correct my own grammar
rmcgowen is offline  
post #34699 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,777
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 4061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilat3d View Post
Quick question, I noticed a similar issue that others haven encountered involving subtitles. Specifically, when subtitles appear on screen, they cause the lower 3rd of the screen to brighten and then dim once the subtitles are gone. Beyond changing the subtitles to yellow, like in Netflix, has anyone else found a solution or tweak/fix to at least minimize this effect?
Hey Dan - this is probably a result of Full-Array Active LED backlights. The bright white letters causes the texted portion of the screen to be brighter than the rest of the screen.

If it bothers or distracts you, turn off Active LED -- but you'll loose the wonderful deep black level.
beardontwalk123 likes this.
DaverJ is online now  
post #34700 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can anyone tell me if the Vizio p65-c1 is currently able to see HDR from the Nvidia Shield.

I can't get HDR work when viewing Netflix through the Nvidia Shield or through kodi.

I searched the forums but am still confused.

Thanks,
Floyd Campas is offline  
post #34701 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Member
 
whizzer4113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Campas View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Vizio p65-c1 is currently able to see HDR from the Nvidia Shield.

I can't get HDR work when viewing Netflix through the Nvidia Shield or through kodi.

I searched the forums but am still confused.

Thanks,
Yes, I now get HDR with NetFlix on my Shield. At least Marco Polo is. It looks great BTW. This is with all the latest firmware. I doubt any HDR content is available via Kodi. Well, unless maybe you ripped something and had it stored on a local NAS or file share.
whizzer4113 is offline  
post #34702 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer4113 View Post
Yes, I now get HDR with NetFlix on my Shield. At least Marco Polo is. It looks great BTW. This is with all the latest firmware. I doubt any HDR content is available via Kodi. Well, unless maybe you ripped something and had it stored on a local NAS or file share.
Which firmware the beta?
Floyd Campas is offline  
post #34703 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Member
 
whizzer4113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Campas View Post
Which firmware the beta?
Correct.
whizzer4113 is offline  
post #34704 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mcrae View Post
it's the middle of november and we are making very good progress on our release. All of the fixes targeted are not in and we haven't done the complete set of regression testing. However, the release has been very stable for internal testers so i have decided to release it to the group here.

If you sent me your serial number before... You are enabled. Please let me know if you want to be removed from the early release group. This is a test release and it is likely that there are bugs and maybe some adverse behavior.

The release is an early version of our sprint 1.3. It has the following additions and fixes:

- googlecast v1.21 which adds support for google home voice commands
- 4:4:4 improvements in computer picture mode
- 4:2:[email protected] rewrite to support hdr gaming
- improvements to wifi stability
- improvements for p50 low ire flicker
- cec and arc improvements
- softap/wifi improvements
- pq improvements and updates to dolbyvision 3d luts
- firmware update improvements (solves hang at 100% etc)
- numerous hdmi and edid bug fixes, improvements
- oobe improvements
- stuttering and frame drop fixes
- hundreds of other bug fixes across the system

the team is still working on a couple of issues that are not yet in this release. This includes the black drop outs on hdmi sources and frame doubling and blurring seen by some users. In addition we will be improving the p50 flicker issue and fixing a bunch of issues with 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 as we finish up this release. Also, this release does not separate hdr and dolbyvision pq engines (that will be in sprint 2 which will land in q1 2017).

Despite this, i felt many people would still like to get the hands (display) on this release and start enjoying hdr gaming... Especially with the holidays approaching. So, hammer away, report any issues you are seeing and we will take your feedback as we work towards a final sprint 1.3 release over the next weeks.

I'll be traveling this week but checking the forums every time i can and rolling up feedback for the team. Again, if anyone wants to be removed from the early list please let me know.

Happy testing and thank you for your patience!

Matt
04ltmwtnas50710
kma5wf is offline  
post #34705 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer4113 View Post
Correct.
Ok, thank you! Patiently waiting for the public release!
Floyd Campas is offline  
post #34706 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kma5wf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mcrae View Post
it's the middle of november and we are making very good progress on our release. All of the fixes targeted are not in and we haven't done the complete set of regression testing. However, the release has been very stable for internal testers so i have decided to release it to the group here.

If you sent me your serial number before... You are enabled. Please let me know if you want to be removed from the early release group. This is a test release and it is likely that there are bugs and maybe some adverse behavior.

The release is an early version of our sprint 1.3. It has the following additions and fixes:

- googlecast v1.21 which adds support for google home voice commands
- 4:4:4 improvements in computer picture mode
- 4:2:[email protected] rewrite to support hdr gaming
- improvements to wifi stability
- improvements for p50 low ire flicker
- cec and arc improvements
- softap/wifi improvements
- pq improvements and updates to dolbyvision 3d luts
- firmware update improvements (solves hang at 100% etc)
- numerous hdmi and edid bug fixes, improvements
- oobe improvements
- stuttering and frame drop fixes
- hundreds of other bug fixes across the system

the team is still working on a couple of issues that are not yet in this release. This includes the black drop outs on hdmi sources and frame doubling and blurring seen by some users. In addition we will be improving the p50 flicker issue and fixing a bunch of issues with 4:2:0 and 4:4:4 as we finish up this release. Also, this release does not separate hdr and dolbyvision pq engines (that will be in sprint 2 which will land in q1 2017).

Despite this, i felt many people would still like to get the hands (display) on this release and start enjoying hdr gaming... Especially with the holidays approaching. So, hammer away, report any issues you are seeing and we will take your feedback as we work towards a final sprint 1.3 release over the next weeks.

I'll be traveling this week but checking the forums every time i can and rolling up feedback for the team. Again, if anyone wants to be removed from the early list please let me know.

Happy testing and thank you for your patience!

Matt
04ltmwtnas50710
Sorry, I hit post prior to typing my message....my S/N is 04LTMWTNAS50710

I would like to receive the beta firmware if you see this. Thanks!
kma5wf is offline  
post #34707 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Everything is added or being added as we speak - except for Visitor Messages which I can't get AVS to display this morning. Will check back later today and attempt to pull those messages.

Thanks for feedback on testing. We are looking into the SOE comments now. The green flashes etc are known issues in the build and usually the last thing we clean up before going full release.

Matt
Please add serial number 36LTMATBS50079

Thanks!
Floyd Campas is offline  
post #34708 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So...

When setting up a PS4 Pro to this TV, once I turn HDMI Colorsampling on, I have the option to set the resolution to 2160p - YUV420 or 2160p - RGB.

Can someone ELI5 the difference between the two and how they apply to 4k and HDR content - and if relevant explain the whole 4:4:4 and 4:2:0 things?

I keep coming across these things and don't really have a good enough understanding of any of it.

Thanks.
Ignited is offline  
post #34709 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Just updated serials numbers into the system (went through all posts and PMs). Will take a couple of hours for them to go live.

We have been verifying issues reported here and being queued for fix in coming release:
- Gamma was swapped
- Motion processing on in HDR when it should be off
- P50 flicker is improved, but will be improved more in final release
- Black drop outs on Xbox was not in this release but we have root caused issue (see below)
- Colored flashes on resolution or signal change
- Fine tune of PQ

Like I mentioned before, the PQ fine tune is the last thing we do in a firmware release... so that will be improved until the day before the final release.

On the black screen events for Xbox... Most HDMI sources send data island packets (4000-5000 in signal for delineation and alignment of data). The Xbox 1S is sending 150,000 data island packets in a flood. The excessive amount of concatenated null packets corrupts the data and our software send a re-auth request which causes a re-synch. We are working on a way to handle this flood in a more robust way but have also talked with the Xbox team to find out why they are sending a Null Packet Flood and whether they can modify their software as well. Note - this is limited to HDMI 2.0 with HDCP.

Stay tuned...
My correct serial number is 36LTMATLBS50079 please add to the beta list.

Thanks!
Floyd Campas is offline  
post #34710 of 64343 Old 11-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Member
 
jblakeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well I've done all I can to try and figure out why the audio jeeps dropping on hdr content. Tonight I tried using a premium monster cable rate for 27gbs and it did nothing to resolve the audio drop outs berween the ps4 and the p50. Everything is directly connected to HDMI 1 on the display. Setting set to 2160p RGB. As soon as hdr content starts to be played the audio will start dropping out within seconds. Problem persists unless I shut off hdr playback.

So I've replaced the ps4 pro. Didn't fix it.
Tried premium cables fully rated for 4k 60fps. Didn't fix it.
The only thing left is the display. Or firmware on either end.

I've contacted vizio support but haven't heard back in 5 days now. Kinda sucks, though I understand I'm not the only one in this boat with hdr issues. If firmware can't fix this, then we've gotten something that can't do what it's supposed to.
jblakeney is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off