Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1158 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288555Likes

post #34711 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post
Thanks.

So it basically seems like all ports for 4k... HDMI 1-4 an HDMI5 are similar

HDMI 1-4
*HDR
*Little higher input lag in Game Mode (37ms)

HDMI 5
*No HDR
*Will upscale 1080p to 4k and accepts 4k native
*Lower input lag
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
My rule of thumb for the 2016 Vizio P-series is this:
  • HDMI 1-4 is for up to 4K sources with optional HDR - good input lag (fine for many games and players)
  • HDMI 5 is for up to 1080p sources with no HDR - best-in-class input lag
  • All inputs upscale to the TV's native 4K resolution

This is based on the current beta and future firmware. Yes, HDMI 5 can be set up to accept some 4K sources, but it's not really what it was made for. I would recommend sticking to the above rule-of-thumb to avoid possible confusion and incompatibility.
I forget who it was on here that told me to run my comcast X1 HD cable box on hdmi 2, and my older xbox 360 on hdmi 5. Is this good? Why can't the cable box go on hdmi 1? /

And does the p/m let you remove hdmi's so there's less to cycle through if you only have 2 things hooked up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughts1053 View Post
I just received my Google Home this morning and set it up. I only got to mess around with it for a few minutes, but it casted Spotify to my TV (beta firmware) perfectly and would turn it on (with AVR) if it was powered off. It can control the volume "Hey Google, turn it up", but it only does so in increments of 1 unless I can't figure out the correct voice command.

Does anyone know if the TV will turn off automatically if left on the Cast input after some time? I couldn't find a setting and could only test leaving it there for 20 minutes before having to head out.
You should be able to say "Google turn up volume by 50%"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgowen View Post
There wasn't anything in particular I was trying to watch, it was more the warning from go.roku.com/hdr that had me concerned. It states:

"Note: Some 4K HDR content partners like Netflix will not show 4K HDR content unless your TV supports 4K UHD HDR at 60 fps. 4K HDR TVs that only support 4K HDR at 30 fps cannot be used to watch content in 4K HDR on these partner channels. You can still watch 4K non-HDR content on these partner channels."
So the P and M will both do 60 frames a sec?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34712 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgowen View Post
There wasn't anything in particular I was trying to watch, it was more the warning from go.roku.com/hdr that had me concerned. It states:

"Note: Some 4K HDR content partners like Netflix will not show 4K HDR content unless your TV supports 4K UHD HDR at 60 fps. 4K HDR TVs that only support 4K HDR at 30 fps cannot be used to watch content in 4K HDR on these partner channels. You can still watch 4K non-HDR content on these partner channels."

Mainly I want to use the Roku for Amazon content. I am fine with the Vizio casting for everything and wish the stupid Amazon/Google spat would end.
Just checked. Switched from 4K UHD HDR TV to 4K UHD TV and back. I get a checkbox on 4K HDR at 60 frames per second. I have HDMI subsampling on for Input 1, but I'm also on the beta firmware. I'm pretty sure it was the same on the previous firmware as well.
post #34713 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34714 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoscia View Post
Cool let me know. That is true, buying the TV upgrades me to BestBuy elite status, so I have up till Jan 30th to exchange it. Wonder if they will help me take it off the wall when they bring the replacement.
They are not supposed to - liability, in case something goes wrong and also, it's a paid service that Geek Squad offers.

That said, I had a good team who helped me take the old one downstairs to mount and then helped me put the new one on the wall. They had a big debate with each other beforehand though.
imobilizer likes this.

Spoiler!
post #34715 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblakeney View Post
Well I've done all I can to try and figure out why the audio jeeps dropping on hdr content. Tonight I tried using a premium monster cable rate for 27gbs and it did nothing to resolve the audio drop outs berween the ps4 and the p50. Everything is directly connected to HDMI 1 on the display. Setting set to 2160p RGB. As soon as hdr content starts to be played the audio will start dropping out within seconds. Problem persists unless I shut off hdr playback.

So I've replaced the ps4 pro. Didn't fix it.
Tried premium cables fully rated for 4k 60fps. Didn't fix it.
The only thing left is the display. Or firmware on either end.

I've contacted vizio support but haven't heard back in 5 days now. Kinda sucks, though I understand I'm not the only one in this boat with hdr issues. If firmware can't fix this, then we've gotten something that can't do what it's supposed to.
Sorry you're experiencing ****. I have my 3rd ps4 pro here and am testing things for my 55 cause I'm experiencing blackout video/audio issues from HDR. Can you notify me if any breakthrough or changes happens on your end? I'm starting to think this is actually a VIZIO issue and not a you or me issue. Hoping for the best for you.
post #34716 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ1 View Post
That makes me want to simultaneously cry cause I can't sell my 55 and pay the difference for that, and pee at the sheer excitement of having that thing in my living room.
post #34717 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
@Matt McRae

27LAUATZBS2701746 if you are still collecting serial numbers for beta testing

edit: corrected the serial number

Last edited by beeryurt; 11-29-2016 at 07:18 PM.
post #34718 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
You should be able to say "Google turn up volume by 50%"
Doesn't work. Still changes it by one (sometime 2). Saying "Hey Google, turn the volume to level 1" lowers it by a few at least.
post #34719 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
Cool, I didn't know it could already do volume. I knew it could power it up when a cast was sent, just like casting from other Android devices, but it can't turn it off (when you tell it to turn it off it just stops casting). Changing inputs would be nice and maybe toggling picture modes. The TV is already controlled by an Android device so it would seem that the Home should be able to do everything the Smartcast app does. Full compatibility with Vizio TVs probably isn't high on Google's priority list at the moment though considering how few "skills" it currently has compared to Alexa.

The display has an auto power off feature, it is supposed to be set to 10 minutes by default. It should be under display settings>timers.
Found the setting and looked it up in the manual. That will only work if there is no video or audio signal. Don't think it applies if its on the cast input.
post #34720 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignited View Post
Sorry you're experiencing ****. I have my 3rd ps4 pro here and am testing things for my 55 cause I'm experiencing blackout video/audio issues from HDR. Can you notify me if any breakthrough or changes happens on your end? I'm starting to think this is actually a VIZIO issue and not a you or me issue. Hoping for the best for you.
I've got 1 day left in my return policy. I really want to keep the set as the picture quality is greater than anything else I'll get at the price, but hdr is unusable because of audio drop out. Talked to vizio support tonight and they couldn't offer any suggestions. Perhaps a future firmware update but obviously unsure.

May have no choice but to return sadly. The 50" sets are backordered now, though im not sure another set would be any different.

Could play the waiting game for firmware but risk being stuck with a set where hdr can't be utilized which is silly.
post #34721 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:

I feel bad for guys because I haven't had any issues with the PS4 Pro and my P65. Do you have everything set to Auto on the PS4 and the display? Have you tried a factory reset on the display?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #34722 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:

I feel bad for guys because I haven't had any issues with the PS4 Pro and my P65. Do you have everything set to Auto on the PS4 and the display? Have you tried a factory reset on the display?

post #34723 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've not yet received the beta firmware. I provided my serial number to @Matt McRae , but not sure if there is something specific I should be looking for. Did those who received the beta firmware have to do anything other than provide a S/N? Should I be performing a reset on the display to seek out the update?
post #34724 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 07:30 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholthaus View Post

Yup. Everything is on auto and factory reset was the first thing vizio asked me to do. Issue happens on RGB settings which is what auto detects.

That's what I don't get....is how its not a common issue. Are you gaming in hdr or just streaming video off the ps4?
post #34725 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Has anyone experimented with a base mount vs mounting it to the wall? Someone doesn't want me making holes in the wall, so I started looking around and found

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-TV...kAAOSwLnBX5I8g

Just wanted to know if there are some of you who actually own a base stand like this? My setup is messed up to where my desk is not that large (barely fit the P50) and it doesn't help that the legs are so far apart as well on the TV, since I got a giant soundbase. Worse case scenario I drill a couple of holes in the wall, but just seeing if anyone can vouch for some base stands.
post #34726 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Yup. Everything is on auto and factory reset was the first thing vizio asked me to do. Issue happens on RGB settings which is what auto detects.

That's what I don't get....is how its not a common issue. Are you gaming in hdr or just streaming video off the ps4?

Both. I have played The Last of Us in HDR and several other non HDR games.

post #34727 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholthaus View Post
Both. I have played The Last of Us in HDR and several other non HDR games.

Last of Us is exactly what I've tried playing where my audio cuts out badly. Maybe it's worth another shot at a replacement if it's working fine for you.
post #34728 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:29 PM
RRF

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ1 View Post
Better act quickly...price expires today !

The Extended warranty is a good deal also for the $100...brings the warranty up to 5 years.
post #34729 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF View Post
Better act quickly...price expires today !

The Extended warranty is a good deal also for the $100...brings the warranty up to 5 years.
Actually, costco reduced the price and it's $89 now!

And what's the normal deal on that 75"?

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller

post #34730 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6622 Post(s)
Liked: 6437
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keo Sutherland View Post
I've not yet received the beta firmware. I provided my serial number to @Matt McRae , but not sure if there is something specific I should be looking for. Did those who received the beta firmware have to do anything other than provide a S/N? Should I be performing a reset on the display to seek out the update?

Nothing but be connected to the internet and have your TV off. When it is off it will check for new firmware. It will automatically load once you have been "green lit". Also have patience (a lot of it). Matt will post again when he has a chance and has added serial number since his last post. There is no real need to post multiple tribes that you didn't get it

Bootnylee likes this.
post #34731 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Not to go off topic, but this same firmware will work for the 2016 M series too, right? I think I read it will.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #34732 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I too have the exact same issue. Everything set to auto, I've done the factory reset & anytime HDR Subsampling is on I get frequent black screen dropouts with the PS4 Pro. I'm using Blue Jeans HDMI cables, The PS4 Pro is the only 4K device in my setup giving me the blackouts.
post #34733 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5122 Post(s)
Liked: 3612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoscia View Post
Cool let me know. That is true, buying the TV upgrades me to BestBuy elite status, so I have up till Jan 30th to exchange it. Wonder if they will help me take it off the wall when they bring the replacement. Damn it, you are tempting me to play the lottery gaming. Which is against all my better judgement...haha. Let me know how you make out with the panel.
The way it was explained to me is that becoming an elite plus member do not count for the items you purchased that put you in that status.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #34734 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 44
P75C1 compatibility issues?

Ordered the P75 yesterday and want to get my ducks in a row. I have an Onkyo TX-NR929, an Nvidia Shield Android TV, a Google Home (along with 6 Chromecast Audios). I also have a Verizon (Frontier) STB, HTPC, and a NAS. I'll be replacing my OPPO BDP83 hopefully in December with a OPPO UBD203.

The Nvidia Shield and the OPPO are 4K rated but I think the Onkyo is only rated for 4K passthrough. I might get a temporary pass on the Onkyo because the OPPO has two HDMI outputs, one to the tv and one for sound to the Onkyo. That might even work for the Shield to the OPPO's HDMI input thereby splitting the video and sound in the OPPO again to the tv and prepro.

I've been out of the loop for a couple of years and not sure of the compatibility of everything especially the P75 and the TX-NR929. I'm considering the Marantz SR-6011 for the 4K and also for Atmos but not immediately.

Will all of my 2 or 3 year old HDMI cables have to be replaced?

BTW, noticed Costco dropped my tv price another c note today.

TIA

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick Collins; 11-29-2016 at 08:54 PM.
post #34735 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post
I too have the exact same issue. Everything set to auto, I've done the factory reset & anytime HDR Subsampling is on I get frequent black screen dropouts with the PS4 Pro. I'm using Blue Jeans HDMI cables, The PS4 Pro is the only 4K device in my setup giving me the blackouts.
It's got to be firmware on someone's side. I just don't know who's. Audio over a headset works fine, no dropout. But I got some screen flashing still this evening. I'd like to get the new firmware and see if that helps any.
post #34736 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I noticed a few people commented on the extended warranty for this TV. I've been told conflicting things about the value of the warranty versus endorsing the TV onto my homeowners policy. What are people's thoughts?
post #34737 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 09:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2048 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne_ View Post

Has anyone experimented with a base mount vs mounting it to the wall?

Interesting, as I just came across the FitUeyes link today, so I ordered it!:

50" Universal TV Stand - Pedestal

ShopJimmy ($46.11 Free USA Shipping)

FitUeyes (Left-Right Swivel) ($44.10 - To Ohio - 10% Discount Code fbf2016 - Free Continental USA Shipping)

eBay ($140 Free Continental USA Shipping)

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #34738 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
My rule of thumb for the 2016 Vizio P-series is this:
  • HDMI 1-4 is for up to 4K sources with optional HDR - good input lag (fine for many games and players)
  • HDMI 5 is for up to 1080p sources with no HDR - best-in-class input lag
  • All inputs upscale to the TV's native 4K resolution

This is based on the current beta and future firmware. Yes, HDMI 5 can be set up to accept some 4K sources, but it's not really what it was made for. I would recommend sticking to the above rule-of-thumb to avoid possible confusion and incompatibility.
I have these input made for my Vizio P65-C1 gaming:

PS4 HDR:

HDMI 4 for PS4 Pro games with HDR

PS4 4K:

PS4 Pro games with non-HDR features or where Input lag is critical

***As of now none of the big FPS games have HDR-- TF2,CODIW, or BF1

From what I understand HDMI 5 will look the same as HDMI 4 will in these cases.
Mustang66 and beeryurt like this.
post #34739 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilat3d View Post
I noticed a few people commented on the extended warranty for this TV. I've been told conflicting things about the value of the warranty versus endorsing the TV onto my homeowners policy. What are people's thoughts?
Thought are. But it from costco using the costco Visa card. If you don't have one, get one! That will give you 4 years of FREE coverage AUTOMATICALLY when you use that card. THEN, you can add on 3 more years for $49 if it's less than $1,000 I think it is, and $89 if over $1,000. Crazy not to do it!!!!

So, that means I have a 80" Vizio that I paid $89 for a total of 7 years of warranty.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #34740 of 64312 Old 11-29-2016, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2048 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

This same firmware will work for the 2016 M series too, right? I think I read it will.

Not the Beta 3.0.6.4 Firmware - it's a P-Series-only thing, AFAIK.

mpgxsvcd likes this.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page