Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288487Likes

post #35821 of 64010 Old 12-15-2016, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 49
So after the new update, I now seem to have a small smudge on the bottom left of my screen. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161216_000105_1481868245698.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1833713  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35822 of 64010 Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Updated my set, don't have any issues so far. Will try a few games once I get back home, but playing Amazon in 4K and hdr through my Xbox one S so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #35823 of 64010 Old 12-15-2016, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
26LTMWTNAS50367
@Matt McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35824 of 64010 Old 12-15-2016, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 44
[QUOTE=Matt McRae;49011625]I am in the process of enabling 3.0.10.7 which is our latest beta firmware. This is likely our (near) last test code but I want to get it out early to everyone for the weekend for testing. There are a couple of known regressions which I will describe but those are already fixed for what we hope is final code next week. However, we (VIZIO and you) may find a couple more that we will squash before final release.

Thanks as always for the updates. I should have the update by the time I wake up in the AM. I' definitely can not wait to rest it out since I'm off tomorrow and have a few 4K movies on UHD blu-ray & on VUDU. Just curious if there is an update in the Final Release that will add the option to turn off power to the USB ports for Bias Lighting users in the settings. Thanks in advance Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #35825 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 12:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post

So after the new update, I now seem to have a small
smudge on the bottom left of my screen. Any ideas?

It's the infamous Beta Bug! Known to eat Displays!

That's strange, indeed. Can ya get a macro close-up of that critter?

Have ya tried a Power-Cycle or Factory Reset?

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #35826 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I just played about an hour of FFXV on the new Vizio beta firmware. Did both day and night game cycles, everything looked good on this end.

Sorry you are having problems. Maybe unplug the TV for a bit...? Also, which scene on the Vizio are you using for you console? I'm on Calibrated.

Calibrated Dark. Also on PS4 Pro, forgot to mention.
post #35827 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

My 'By-Eye' Color Tuner Adjustments here, in the Beta 3.0.6.4 Thread.

EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #35828 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
I am in the process of enabling 3.0.10.7 which is our latest beta firmware. This is likely our (near) last test code but I want to get it out early to everyone for the weekend for testing. There are a couple of known regressions which I will describe but those are already fixed for what we hope is final code next week. However, we (VIZIO and you) may find a couple more that we will squash before final release.

Notes:
1. Instances of green flash or other synch artifacts have been removed
2. Audio issues when re-synch or switch inputs fixed
3. Fixed color wash out issue on Component input
4. Fixed auto brightness control during HDR playback
5. Fixed looping on DirecTV Now
6. Final fixes for P50 backlight flicker
7. Fixed black out experienced with Playstation 4
8. New OOBE implementation
9. Fixed play/pause behavior for OK button on playback
10. Substantial improvement on Xbox OneS black out issues
11. Fixes to WIFI drop outs in Quick Start mode
12. CEC/ARC improvements
13. Fixed signal drop outs on some UHD bluray players
14. Fixed gamma swap
15. Other PQ fine tuning
16. Numerous other low level improvements

One #10 , as I mentioned earlier... the Xbox OneS is periodically sending Null packet floods that is causing a resynch. We have improved this significantly but a total fix is on Microsoft side and they are working on a new firmware to fix issue (we have tested it and confirmed it works - it just needs to go through their QA and release process).

There are a couple of regressions we are working on. One to note is that Youtube will lose AV synch if you trick mode (FF or rewind). Restarting the stream fixes it... a fix is already patch in for next week's release.

Normally we would run this through final QA and release in the next couple of week's as a final drop. but I know there are many that wanted to get these fixes ASAP. So we are releasing it now and expect a final release very soon.

Happy testing. Please report any new issues and we will work to fold in improvements as time permits to this final release.

Thanks everyone.

Matt

@Matt McRae

Please add me to the beta testing my S/N is
18LAUAUAAS01158
post #35829 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
I am in the process of enabling 3.0.10.7 which is our latest beta firmware. This is likely our (near) last test code but I want to get it out early to everyone for the weekend for testing. There are a couple of known regressions which I will describe but those are already fixed for what we hope is final code next week. However, we (VIZIO and you) may find a couple more that we will squash before final release.

Notes:
1. Instances of green flash or other synch artifacts have been removed
2. Audio issues when re-synch or switch inputs fixed
3. Fixed color wash out issue on Component input
4. Fixed auto brightness control during HDR playback
5. Fixed looping on DirecTV Now
6. Final fixes for P50 backlight flicker
7. Fixed black out experienced with Playstation 4
8. New OOBE implementation
9. Fixed play/pause behavior for OK button on playback
10. Substantial improvement on Xbox OneS black out issues
11. Fixes to WIFI drop outs in Quick Start mode
12. CEC/ARC improvements
13. Fixed signal drop outs on some UHD bluray players
14. Fixed gamma swap
15. Other PQ fine tuning
16. Numerous other low level improvements

One #10 , as I mentioned earlier... the Xbox OneS is periodically sending Null packet floods that is causing a resynch. We have improved this significantly but a total fix is on Microsoft side and they are working on a new firmware to fix issue (we have tested it and confirmed it works - it just needs to go through their QA and release process).

There are a couple of regressions we are working on. One to note is that Youtube will lose AV synch if you trick mode (FF or rewind). Restarting the stream fixes it... a fix is already patch in for next week's release.

Normally we would run this through final QA and release in the next couple of week's as a final drop. but I know there are many that wanted to get these fixes ASAP. So we are releasing it now and expect a final release very soon.

Happy testing. Please report any new issues and we will work to fold in improvements as time permits to this final release.

Thanks everyone.

Matt
I have yet to receive this FW update and when I press Service Check on the tablet..nothing happens, I'm not sure what is suppose to happen but I just know after I press that option on the tablet, nothing further happens on the tablet or TV.

And did I just read "Final fixes for the P50 backlight flicker"....man that would be sweet news. Eh if not I know which route to take but hopefully it fixes it. With games it isn't bad by any means but movies are unwatchable at times. Well heres to hoping...I'm still waiting for my replacement since the first one they sent me which was recertified and suppose to have the P50 flicker fix arrived cracked through the screen.
post #35830 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
[QUOTE=Dcboii03;49025505] @Matt McRae

Please add me to the beta as well! Thanks so much.

51LTM7TMAR50265
post #35831 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post

I have yet to receive this FW update and when I
press Service Check on the tablet..nothing happens.

I'm not sure what is suppose to happen but I just
know after I press that option on the tablet,
nothing further happens on the tablet or TV

Assuming you already sent your Serial Number to Matt either with this or the previous Beta:

After a Service Check, wait, let say, 10-to-20 seconds, then turn off the unit for at least 30 minutes if not more.

When turning back on, if you don't get the new Beta, I suppose your Display hasn't reached the loading dock server just yet.

reallynotnick likes this.

post #35832 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 4031
Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
And did I just read "Final fixes for the P50 backlight flicker"....man that would be sweet news. Eh if not I know which route to take but hopefully it fixes it.
The previous beta firmware mostly fixed the P50's backlight flicker, but the issue has returned (maybe worse?) with yesterday's firmware update for me.

Really hoping Matt McRae can look into this for the next stable firmware update.
post #35833 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

The previous beta firmware mostly fixed the P50's
backlight flicker, but the issue has returned
(maybe worse?) with yesterday's firmware update for me.

Really hoping Matt McRae can look into
this for the next stable firmware update.

I left my Display on the last 48 hours or so, hence, no new Beta just yet for me.

If the audio-dropping is fixed, I just may grab the new Beta.

Gotta gets some sleep. I was up all last night. (Yawn.) Later, everyone.

post #35834 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

I still have sync flashing...
Quote:
anybody else still have flashing?
Quote:

Green Push is also not fixed
Quote:
serial numbers, but it seems to fix very little
Quote:
does ANYONE ELSE still have flashing?
Quote:
no, it's this colored digital garbage that fills the screen when turning on the set.
Quote:
so here's what's still up:

-Flashing (on my P65) on startup is not fixed.
-Green/yellow Bias (on my P65) is not fixed.

Gamma is fixed though.
Quote:
either goes away in a few seconds, or you have to turn it off an on again.

Dude...Chill out
post #35835 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 154
For those not already aware, an easier (in my opinion) way of triggering the firmware update is just setting up a new device in the smartcast app. It doesn't mess anything up, it simply runs you through the setup process again and part of that is checking for an update after you've connected to wifi.

I only watched for a bit last night, but I haven't seen any oddities on the new firmware and the gamma swap does seem fixed.
bboysvlad and Bevmo like this.

Sony 55X900e
Vizio P50-C1 - My Calibration Settings
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro

Last edited by chad473; 12-16-2016 at 06:53 AM.
post #35836 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 70
With every firmware update i like to see what the Vizio tech folks like to put their default picture settings at. so i do a picture reset in Calibrated and Calibrated Dark

Calibrated now has a back-light of 95. i think it was 85 before.
Calibrated Dark is still at 35 i believe.
i haven't checked yet to see if there are any changes to the def settings when playing a DolbyVision or HDR10 title.

i also noticed some high value or push with white. i don't have calibration tools so maybe my eyes are just seeing things.

-----

ill try and mess with it some more this weekend and see if BvS looks better in the batman night rain scene.
post #35837 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Seems that DirecTV Now is back to looping again on 2.2.7.4. I guess AT&T made some sort of change on their end. Is it working correctly now for those on beta firmware?
post #35838 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 130
@Matt McRae

I immediately found what I believe to be an audio bug after installing the new firmware update. I'd like someone else to verify.

My Xbox One S is no longer able to send audio via HDMI bitstream to my P65 (where it then gets sent to my receiver via optical). In the Xbox audio settings, whenever I try to set HDMI audio to anything other than stereo, it tells me my receiver (The P65) doesn't support it. It was working fine immediately before the update.

Additionally, I watched the first episode of Man in the High Castle season 2 last night through the new Xbox app, so it was in HDR. The show looked wonderful. However, for the first time, I noticed the white credits on a black screen made a whole column of dim white under the credits. I'd never noticed that before. It almost made it look like the TV was edge lit. Anyone notice this? Is this a problem? I'm not super concerned, since during the show it looks great. Just a black screen with credits in the middle makes a column of white under the credits.
post #35839 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
S/N: 18LTM7TMAS50141

@Matt McRae
post #35840 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
@Matt McRae

I immediately found what I believe to be an audio bug after installing the new firmware update. I'd like someone else to verify.

My Xbox One S is no longer able to send audio via HDMI bitstream to my P65 (where it then gets sent to my receiver via optical). In the Xbox audio settings, whenever I try to set HDMI audio to anything other than stereo, it tells me my receiver (The P65) doesn't support it. It was working fine immediately before the update.

Additionally, I watched the first episode of Man in the High Castle season 2 last night through the new Xbox app, so it was in HDR. The show looked wonderful. However, for the first time, I noticed the white credits on a black screen made a whole column of dim white under the credits. I'd never noticed that before. It almost made it look like the TV was edge lit. Anyone notice this? Is this a problem? I'm not super concerned, since during the show it looks great. Just a black screen with credits in the middle makes a column of white under the credits.
I posted regarding the same audio issue via the M-series thread. If you are connected to a receiver from your TV (for me it is through optical currently), the TV itself is only outputting 2.1 instead of 5.1 as it did on the previous firmware. Selecting or unselecting "Surround Sound" in the Audio settings does not resolve. It appears the Xbox One S only understands the TV as a stereo setup because of this, which is why we both received the same error message. For now, I'm running an additional Optical Out from the Xbox One S so I can at least watch blu-rays in 5.1 but casting sources will be 2.1 or 5.1 via ProLogic.
post #35841 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@Matt M cBae

04LTMWTNAS50017

I'd like the beta update also. I was hoping my tv would update but it still hasn't
post #35842 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How do I edit my post?
post #35843 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruse Missle View Post
How do I edit my post?
I don't think you can until you have reached a certain post count. But when you can there will be a edit button on the bottom of your posts.
post #35844 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFingTwist View Post
I posted regarding the same audio issue via the M-series thread. If you are connected to a receiver from your TV (for me it is through optical currently), the TV itself is only outputting 2.1 instead of 5.1 as it did on the previous firmware. Selecting or unselecting "Surround Sound" in the Audio settings does not resolve. It appears the Xbox One S only understands the TV as a stereo setup because of this, which is why we both received the same error message. For now, I'm running an additional Optical Out from the Xbox One S so I can at least watch blu-rays in 5.1 but casting sources will be 2.1 or 5.1 via ProLogic.
On my M series, with the old firmware, I had a similar issue anyway. I have the same set up. Xbox One S connected to the Vizio by HDMI and then the TV is outputting optical audio to my receiver. I got the same exact error and the Xbox would not let me select HDMI bitstream as the output. However, I went into the audio settings on the Vizio and change audio out to bitstream. Once I did that, I was able to set the Xbox One S to HDMI bitstream and it's now passing surround sound through properly to my 5.1 system.
post #35845 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
hey guys!! Got my P75-C1 Wednesday from Costco and trying to figure out my HDR issues. So I am running 2.2.7.4 firmware, and my Xbox One S is running the latest 10.0.14393.2152... I have my Xbox plugged into HDMI 4, and trying to play Gears Of War.. but it never switches to HDR mode, only states 2160p Stereo across the top banner??

What am I missing?

TIA!
post #35846 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekie999 View Post
hey guys!! Got my P75-C1 Wednesday from Costco and trying to figure out my HDR issues. So I am running 2.2.7.4 firmware, and my Xbox One S is running the latest 10.0.14393.2152... I have my Xbox plugged into HDMI 4, and trying to play Gears Of War.. but it never switches to HDR mode, only states 2160p Stereo across the top banner??

What am I missing?

TIA!

It doesn't work with the current firmware. The only HDR that works is uhd blu-rays. The beta and soon to be released new firmware should fix it.

reallynotnick and tekie999 like this.
post #35847 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:

What am I missing?

TIA!
Are you using a High Speed 2.0 HDMI cable? Turning on subsampling?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #35848 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post
Are you using a High Speed 2.0 HDMI cable? Turning on subsampling?

Yes I am.. and Sub Sampling is on... but from the response above you looks like I need the beta installed.. which I have sent my SN to Matt already... so crossing my fingers I will get added soon..

Thanks everyone!
post #35849 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Yes I am.. and Sub Sampling is on... but from the response above you looks like I need the beta installed.. which I have sent my SN to Matt already... so crossing my fingers I will get added soon..

Thanks everyone!
Good luck. Mine from Costco will be here in 1 hr. Was yours delivered white glove?

Mine is stardard delivery. So should I debox it and plug is before signing off on it? I figure if there is an issue Costco will fix regardless.

post #35850 of 64010 Old 12-16-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastblack View Post
It doesn't work with the current firmware. The only HDR that works is uhd blu-rays. The beta and soon to be released new firmware should fix it.

Makes sense then.. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page