Originally Posted by HVAC Guru
Hopefully by low level improvements he means bugs with casting and whatnot.
My GF was trying to watch Netflix and it stopped working again, and apparently the delete data hack didn't work. She switched to Crave, then it too apparently stopped working. I came home to see her watching Netflix in the bedroom LOL. She was quite frustrated. Even more so when it worked for me when I turned everything back on.
Thanks for taking the time to come on here and keeping us so informed @Matt McRae
I think NetFlix is a bit problematic when casting via Google Cast. My P75-C1 frequently gives me Error 16003, and sometimes
similar 1600x error codes. I have to fiddle with it for a while to be able to cast NetFlix again. I haven't found one uniform way
of regaining the ability to cast NetFlix again. Other streaming apps exhibit no problems, but I've only used a couple of others.
To be fair, my Chrome Cast Ultra is just as finicky with NetFlix and starts generating the same 16003 error after a series of uses.
Usually hard stopping the NetFlix app and clearing its cache and saved state, along with a reboot of either the P75 or CCU brings
it back. I do sometimes have to go further and factory reset to get NetFlix back.
I don't think the problem can be blamed on Vizio. If you search the Internet for the error codes, you'll find this problem predates
Vizio's inclusion of Google Cast and affects earlier (and contemporary) generations of Chrome Cast devices too. I think NetFlix
is using Google Cast in a somewhat different way than other Google Cast streaming apps and doesn't appear to be acknowledging
that they have a problem. I find their app extremely fragile. Perhaps they're using some optional security extensions of the API or
something. I can only guess.