Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288614Likes

post #36211 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
I'm on 3.0.10.7 and did not sign up for any beta firmware. This update has completely ruined the FALD on all material once again. Anytime there is a light to dark scene switch or subtitles the screen visibly dims and brightens. I truly never thought this would come back. It was the one thing I hated about this TV when it first came out in March.
Did you ask to be put on a list for early firmware release?
Quite some time ago Matt stated that the list would be used for testing and if people wanted to be removed to msg him. But people just kept asking to be added.

You are correct, FALD is currently terrible. Much worse than it ever was before, but I am sure it will be fixed soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36212 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
I am in the process of enabling 3.0.10.7 which is our latest beta firmware. This is likely our (near) last test code but I want to get it out early to everyone for the weekend for testing. There are a couple of known regressions which I will describe but those are already fixed for what we hope is final code next week. However, we (VIZIO and you) may find a couple more that we will squash before final release.

Notes:
1. Instances of green flash or other synch artifacts have been removed
2. Audio issues when re-synch or switch inputs fixed
3. Fixed color wash out issue on Component input
4. Fixed auto brightness control during HDR playback
5. Fixed looping on DirecTV Now
6. Final fixes for P50 backlight flicker
7. Fixed black out experienced with Playstation 4
8. New OOBE implementation
9. Fixed play/pause behavior for OK button on playback
10. Substantial improvement on Xbox OneS black out issues
11. Fixes to WIFI drop outs in Quick Start mode
12. CEC/ARC improvements
13. Fixed signal drop outs on some UHD bluray players
14. Fixed gamma swap
15. Other PQ fine tuning
16. Numerous other low level improvements

One #10 , as I mentioned earlier... the Xbox OneS is periodically sending Null packet floods that is causing a resynch. We have improved this significantly but a total fix is on Microsoft side and they are working on a new firmware to fix issue (we have tested it and confirmed it works - it just needs to go through their QA and release process).

There are a couple of regressions we are working on. One to note is that Youtube will lose AV synch if you trick mode (FF or rewind). Restarting the stream fixes it... a fix is already patch in for next week's release.

Normally we would run this through final QA and release in the next couple of week's as a final drop. but I know there are many that wanted to get these fixes ASAP. So we are releasing it now and expect a final release very soon.

Happy testing. Please report any new issues and we will work to fold in improvements as time permits to this final release.

Thanks everyone.

Matt
Matt,

Just FYI, HDR on Xbox One S for me was much better on 3.0.6.4. But of course im not sure if it was as good as it good be. At any rate, on 3.0.10.7, the backlight is much worse as I can see bleeding and blooming all over the place, black levels are bad.

Much more noticeable curtain effect on the screen, black skies look very non-HDR now and flat. (Can see backlight).

It may just be my imagination, but i think there is a little more aliasing.
post #36213 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Did you ask to be put on a list for early firmware release?
Quite some time ago Matt stated that the list would be used for testing and if people wanted to be removed to msg him. But people just kept asking to be added.

You are correct, FALD is currently terrible. Much worse than it ever was before, but I am sure it will be fixed soon.
I never asked to be on this firmware. The last firmware I asked to be on was several months ago. It's a terrible shame that this poor update was pushed upon me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36214 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So many Xbox complaints.

On Christmas, when I turn on my xbox one s for the first time on the non-Beta firmware.
If I just want things to go smooth is that going to happen?
post #36215 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 4945 Post(s)
Liked: 2958
Quote:
No what you are seeing is different. The handshake issues just display NO INPUT on the screen. I have gotten what you are seeing once on chromecast ultra , but switching inputs back and forth fixed that. I have never seen it during start up like on your display. As a test try unhooking every device connected to the tv and then turn the tv on and see if that blinking still happens.
That's right, they don't look like this but we get either a "no signal" message on the screen or there is video but no audio.

lujan
619 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #36216 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I finally got the right screws to hang my new P65 on the wall last night.
The display is so awesome that I regret not spending the extra $1000 to get the P75 To say it's 10 times better than the d830 I got half a year ago would be an understatement.
Oh well, I guess I will use this for a few years and get a OLED TV, if that technology is proven to last.

Right now, I'm just happy that 1. the optical output back to my 10 year old receiver works, and 2. HDMI pass through from my 10 year old receiver works.
I think I'll eventually get used to the lack of UI on the TV.
post #36217 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@Matt McRae
here is my serial# for the beta firmware
I have the Xbox One S with the M65-D0
27lauauads03365
post #36218 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2869 Post(s)
Liked: 1668
Quote:
I never asked to be on this firmware. The last firmware I asked to be on was several months ago. It's a terrible shame that this poor update was pushed upon me.
There is no asking to be put on one early firmware update list. Matt specified before and if you failed to read it, then that is not his fault. The list is for ALL pre-release testing. If you do not want to be on the list, then I suggest you pm him in the AVS forums or on twitter.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
pearsco and Bootnylee like this.
post #36219 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 167
@Matt McRae

This is my set after the 11/15 beta.

This happens 50% of the time on start up.

It'll happen even if there's nothing connected to it.

This is what I call "the flashing".

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.

Last edited by Fanboyz; 12-18-2016 at 03:28 PM.
post #36220 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

This is my set after the 11/15 beta.

This happens 50% of the time on start up.

It'll happen even if there's nothing connected to it.

This is what I call "the flashing".
I have never seen anything like this on any firmware I have been on. If you have already eliminated everything else as the cause, then it may be time to start the replacement procedure.

post #36221 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Are you getting DD + / Atmos on Vudu UHD?

The display is processing DD+. I've never gotten Atmos to work Casting from the P. All my Pio SC-95 sees is DD 6.1. I use a DSP and upsample to 5.1.4. Disks via HDMI work fine from the K8500

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #36222 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
There is no asking to be put on one early firmware update list. Matt specified before and if you failed to read it, then that is not his fault. The list is for ALL pre-release testing. If you do not want to be on the list, then I suggest you pm him in the AVS forums or on twitter.

Maybe YOU didn't read what I wrote properly. I didn't ask to be on ANY early firmware testing. I only ever asked to be first to receive a normal firmware update a few months ago.
post #36223 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
I have never seen anything like this on any firmware I have been on. If you have already eliminated everything else as the cause, then it may be time to start the replacement procedure.

yeah, but some other guy has the same issue after the beta. So nothing's broken.

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.
post #36224 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
I'm pretty confident this dimming bug will be fixed quickly. On the upside, the VUDU UHD casting issue is gone.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #36225 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe YOU didn't read what I wrote properly. I didn't ask to be on ANY early firmware testing. I only ever asked to be first to receive a normal firmware update a few months ago.
Maybe YOU didn't understand. There is no list to be first to receive "normal" firmware update. There is only pre-release and full release. If you provided Matt with your serial, then you were put on the pre-release list. The only way you can get off is by PM on the AVS forums or Twitter. Ranting on these forums will not solve your issue.

post #36226 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe YOU didn't understand. There is no list to be first to receive "normal" firmware update. There is only pre-release and full release. If you provided Matt with your serial, then you were put on the pre-release list. The only way you can get off is by PM on the AVS forums or Twitter. Ranting on these forums will not solve your issue.

Listen, when a normal firmware first comes out it organically goes out to serial numbers in a specific order. If one would like to get the firmware sooner, they have the option of PM'ing Matt the serial number and he will push it out to you. This is a very basic concept and I hope you can grasp it. This is completely different than asking to be a beta tester for unfinished firmware. I've already PM'd Matt. I'm simply voicing my opinion publicly as well.
post #36227 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Listen, when a normal firmware first comes out it organically goes out to serial numbers in a specific order. If one would like to get the firmware sooner, they have the option of PM'ing Matt the serial number and he will push it out to you. This is a very basic concept and I hope you can grasp it. This is completely different than asking to be a beta tester for unfinished firmware. I've already PM'd Matt. I'm simply voicing my opinion publicly as well.
I know how firmware is pushed out. It's in waves. He never offered a way to be put on the first wave. There is only one list he ever offered anyone to be on. The pre-release list.
Like I said. You misread. Continuing this rant is pointless. You only have 2 options to resolve your issue. Anything else you do is redundant.

post #36228 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I know how firmware is pushed out. It's in waves. He never offered a way to be put on the first wave. There is only one list he ever offered anyone to be on. The pre-release list.
Like I said. You misread. Continuing this rant is pointless. You only have 2 options to resolve your issue. Anything else you do is redundant.

You're wrong and continuing to deny that fact is sad. Hundreds of people here have offered their serial numbers to be first in line to receive normal firmware.
Bevmo likes this.
post #36229 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You're wrong and continuing to deny that fact is sad. Hundreds of people here have offered their serial numbers to be first in line to receive normal firmware.
If I am wrong, then please provide a link to his post saying he would start a list for first wave normal non pre-release firmware. I have been following this forum for over 5 months and have not seen this post. Any search I have found did not reveal this.

The only thing I can think of was a firmware update a couple months ago that was pushing in waves. Matt offered people to get the update early with a serial sent to him, but you would be put on the pre-release update list. Like I said. You misread. Get over it.

post #36230 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Hey, I don't like the newest beta firmware either, but Vizio has a great track record of ironing these things out. I bet we'll get a fixed release next week. It's not permanently broken and it'll be taken care of in a week or two. Really, it's only a TV FFS. I think I'll manage as long as an updated firmware is pushed in a timely manner -- and there's no reason to think that won't be the case.

Now, I can definitely understand the frustration of those who got the beta firmware they didn't know they'd signed up for, especially since there's no way to roll back. However, if you knowingly signed up for beta firmware and are surprised by a buggy interim release, then the joke's on you because that's the nature of betas.
post #36231 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1127
Quote:

Actually your wrong, Matt did do this. I was one of the members who PM'ed my S/N. This was after so many had such a long wait for first firmware release. This request was for the HDR10 firmware. When it was determined that HDR gaming didn't work on ONE S, one member offered to be a Guinea pig. Matt came in to the thread and offered it to everyone. 3.0.6.4 was the first actual beta, and here we are.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
post #36232 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Firmware version 2.2.7.4 is now enabled for 2016 M and P Series displays. The roll out begins now and will accelerate over the coming 10 days.

I took the liberty of taking ALL of the serial numbers posted here and PM'd to me during the last roll out and put them in front of the queue. If you don't want to be first with this update - let me know and I can bump your serial number to later next week. If you want to be added and you did not post or PM your serial last time - please send me your serial and I will periodically put those into the update engine over the next few days.

See my previous posted for the improvements etc. In addition to those items we also fixed an issues where network would drop over time and a bunch of improvements on pairing with Nexus 6P (and other Android devices).
Quote:
If I am wrong, then please provide a link to his post saying he would start a list for first wave normal non pre-release firmware. I have been following this forum for over 5 months and have not seen this post. Any search I have found did not reveal this.

The only thing I can think of was a firmware update a couple months ago that was pushing in waves. Matt offered people to get the update early with a serial sent to him, but you would be put on the pre-release update list. Like I said. You misread. Get over it.

Above is a quote by Matt to be first on a list to receive a normal firmware update. This has nothing to do with a beta list.
Bevmo likes this.
post #36233 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Hey, I don't like the newest beta firmware either, but Vizio has a great track record of ironing these things out. I bet we'll get a fixed release next week. It's not permanently broken and it'll be taken care of in a week or two. Really, it's only a TV FFS. I think I'll manage as long as an updated firmware is pushed in a timely manner -- and there's no reason to think that won't be the case.

Now, I can definitely understand the frustration of those who got the beta firmware they didn't know they'd signed up for, especially since there's no way to roll back. However, if you knowingly signed up for beta firmware and are surprised by a buggy interim release, then the joke's on you because that's the nature of betas.
Yes. I don't understand why anyone would sign up for beta firmware when they appear to be so buggy and there is no backout. Even if they said you get the beta and can't back out for 2 days might be acceptable.
There is very little upside to running these betas.
post #36234 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Above is a quote by Matt to be first on a list to receive a normal firmware update. This has nothing to do with a beta list.
The update was a full release, but in order to get it early you needed to provide a serial for the update list. This the beta list. I also asked to be on this list and have received all beta and normal updates early as has anyone else who asked to be on the update list. He never specified a normal non-beta early update list.

post #36235 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
So many Xbox complaints.

On Christmas, when I turn on my xbox one s for the first time on the non-Beta firmware.
If I just want things to go smooth is that going to happen?
My p65 w/ beta firmware works great. Gears of war is probably the best graphics I have seen so far. Without the beta firmware hdr will not be active.
post #36236 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 4945 Post(s)
Liked: 2958
Quote:
I've been having problems lately with the "No Signal" or no audio using the X6200W connected to a Vizio "P" series TV. I don't know if it's the Denon or the TV but it seems to be more likely the Denon because it's also happened with my Oppo UHD player where I will get video but no audio meaning the TV is getting a signal. I've called Denon CS two times now complaining about it but at the time it seemed to be only happening on HDMI 1 using multiple devices and multiple HDMI cables. Denon keeps saying that it's because the devices I've tried are older and not compatible with the Denon. The Oppo is brand new and is connected to a different HDMI port and it's happened on this other port as well. The TV is a Vizio which is currently under a beta firmware but not sure if the TV could cause the Denon to lose audio signal? Sometimes if I turn everything off and then back on the audio and/or video comes back. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try to isolate the problem so that I know for sure what device is causing this? Thanks!
I know that I've read in previous posts that there is a solution to HDMI handshake issues usually by powering them up in a certain order. Anyone remember the order?

AVR first
TV second
Component third maybe?

for instance?

lujan
619 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #36237 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The update was a full release, but in order to get it early you needed to provide a serial for the update list. This the beta list. I also asked to be on this list and have received all beta and normal updates early as has anyone else who asked to be on the update list. He never specified a normal non-beta early update list.

Actually sorry but you may want to read the thread a bit more. I see you only joined here in October so maybe that is your issue. A long time ago Matt did come into the forum and ask for peoples firmware who wanted to get the firmware on release day , and have their serial number pushed to the front of the Queue. This was not a Beta list it was just having your serial number pushed to the front of the full rollout firmware.
It was not until much later after multiple firmwares that Matt came here and said the list (the same one used before) would be switch to an early release beta list, and asked if anyone wanted to be removed to MSG him. This was in response to mainly one or two posters begging for firmware to come out before it was ready. 90% or so of people on this list, were not originally joining a beta firmware list, they were just getting the firmware on release day as opposed to waiting for the 1-2 week firmware rollout.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.

Last edited by shortyg83; 12-18-2016 at 04:50 PM.
post #36238 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I know that I've read in previous posts that there is a solution to HDMI handshake issues usually by powering them up in a certain order. Anyone remember the order?

AVR first
TV second
Component third maybe?

for instance?
I am not sure that will actually matter much. If you have your tv set to ARC only, it still controls the AVR even though it shouldn't. So once you power on TV the AVR will then turn on as well. Also everytime you change an input on your AVR it rehandshakes with the tv so it would make using an order kind of pointless.
post #36239 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Actually sorry but you may want to read the thread a bit more. I see you only joined here in October so maybe that is your issue. A long time ago mad did come into the forum and ask for peoples firmware who wanted to get the firmware on release day , and have their serial number pushed to the front of the Queue. This was not a Beta list it was just having your serial number pushed to the front of the full rollout firmware.
It was not until much later after multiple firmwares that Matt came here and said the list (the same one used before) would be switch to an early release beta list, and asked if anyone wanted to be removed to MSG him. This was in response to mainly one or two posters begging for firmware to come out before it was ready. 90% or so of people on this list, were not originally joining a beta firmware list, they were just getting the firmware on release day as opposed to waiting for the 1-2 week firmware rollout.
I didn't say I joined 5 months ago. I said I have been following for more than 5 months. I also know how the list was presented. He never presented the list as a normal non-beta early update list only. You are right that he said if you do not want to be on the list anymore to pm him. So if anyone who is on the beta and didn't want to be, it isn't Matt's fault. If you didn't pm him to remove yourself from the update list, then you only have one person to blame. Yourself.

This also doesn't change the fact that there is and always has been one list for early updates.

Last edited by skschatzman; 12-18-2016 at 05:01 PM.
post #36240 of 64469 Old 12-18-2016, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Upscaling is so subjective. Some people love the look of oversharpening while others hate it. I prefer a natural image myself. I own a Darbee 5000S but ended up disconnecting it because I saw that it added little benefit to an already compressed image. What size Vizio do you have and how far do you sit from it?
75"... sit about 10 feet from it. Looks awesome for 1080 and above content.

I sit a little closer with my lg 65b6p which is what I'm using as my comparison for nicely upscale 480p/sd content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page