Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1212 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288477Likes

post #36331 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Anyone have luck getting Amazon HDR to work on any shows through Xbox One S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNation View Post
Have been trying to watch HDR shows on Amazon Prime via Xbox One S, (Man in the High Castle, Mozart in the Jungle) but HDR is not enabled? Went on Display Information and it says "NO" under HDR.

Any help or fix would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36332 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Black crush was gone to, you got those deep blacks followed by lighter shades. With the latest beta after a factory reset, I've got more image detail from clothing, faces and other textures. For some reason Chefs Table France for me has been affected positively by the last beta. Detail is amazing, black levels are great, its very bright when it needs to be, but its at its best when it shows night scenes with neon in China. Its like sight seeing through a spotless car window at night.

Highlights still pop in those night scenes, reflections. Just awe inspiring.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Should I be doing a factory reset each time these updates come out? If so, is this just done in the application on the tablet? Thanks
post #36333 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Anyone have luck getting Amazon HDR to work on any shows through Xbox One S?
Yes. Last week Amazon accidentally pushed a new Amazon Prime app to Xbox that enables HDR. But since then they have pulled it and even emailed everyone that got it asking them to delete it. Which is very strange.

That said, I am not deleting it because man in the high castle HDR is awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36334 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Why are these TVs such a mess? Second delivered today, line down the middle is worse and the screen has faint yellow and pink bands on it. $3000, really disappointing.
post #36335 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Black crush was gone to, you got those deep blacks followed by lighter shades. With the latest beta after a factory reset, I've got more image detail from clothing, faces and other textures. For some reason Chefs Table France for me has been affected positively by the last beta. Detail is amazing, black levels are great, its very bright when it needs to be, but its at its best when it shows night scenes with neon in China. Its like sight seeing through a spotless car window at night.

Agree. Just got the newest beta a couple nights ago and the black level is excellent while bringing out some low-level detail with material I'm familiar with in HDR. For example, the LG OLED HDR10 demo "Cymatic Jazz" has a guy playing his stand up bass near the start, the dark wood of the bass was a bit crushed in 3.0.6.4. With the new 3.0.10.7, the dark shades can be better appreciated. This is the P75-C1.

So far, I can't say I have noticed any problems with this new beta watching a few HDR10's, Netflix streaming, playing games including HDR10 Shadow Warrior 2 on my nVidia GTX 1080 game PC. Note that I have not fooled around much with the calibrations, just using the TV in "Dark Calibrated" mode and HDMI1 subsampling with ARC to my HDMI 2.0 receiver (Yamaha RX-V781) and good 15' HDMI 2.0 cables. I figure no point doing much fine tuning until the next formal release. To reiterate with what others have said, make sure you have good HDMI cables! I was experiencing strange blanking out and video took awhile to sync until I realized that I needed better cables.
post #36336 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 138

Well my Vizio tablet bit the dust. Battery seems to have expanded and created a bubble on the back and is also pushing up on the screen a little. Already called Vizio and they are sending me a new one but I may not use the wireless charger in the future.
post #36337 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy2sl0 View Post
Why are these TVs such a mess? Second delivered today, line down the middle is worse and the screen has faint yellow and pink bands on it. $3000, really disappointing.
Quote:

Well my Vizio tablet bit the dust. Battery seems to have expanded and created a bubble on the back and is also pushing up on the screen a little. Already called Vizio and they are sending me a new one but I may not use the wireless charger in the future.
I am considering getting that extended warranty.

Last edited by forresto; 12-19-2016 at 03:29 PM.
post #36338 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Liked: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinms View Post
Should I be doing a factory reset each time these updates come out? If so, is this just done in the application on the tablet? Thanks
Yes

thomasfxlt likes this.
post #36339 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Beta 3.0.6.4 WAYYYY Better

Matt,

Please revisit 3.0.6.4 before sending out final code. This new BETA is way worse. I'm deciding it just gets worse and worse in terms of the bleeding and blooming and backlight visibility in general.

The 3.0.6.4 was pretty good with HDR and performed well with the black levels.
post #36340 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:

You are getting great black levels and no bleeding with 3.0.10.7? Mine was pretty good with 3.0.6.4 but now its awful.
post #36341 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Prezbindowski View Post
You are getting great black levels and no bleeding with 3.0.10.7? Mine was pretty good with 3.0.6.4 but now its awful.
I have a P55, it worked when I did a factory reset.

vulsker likes this.
post #36342 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiejester View Post
I tried casting Meridian to test out Netflix HDR (on current beta firmware) and the screen went pink on my P75 about halfway through. Anyone know why this is or how to fix? (thanks!)
It's because it is running at 60hz, the display evidently can't run 4k at 60hz.
It play fine until it ramps up to 4k.
post #36343 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post
You've been given a solution multiple times. PM Matt to be taken off the list. In the meantime, yes it may suck to deal with some bugs but the tv is not bricked and it didn't light your house on fire. Complaining on here isn't going to help you.
You're right, my house didn't light on fire. I guess that would be the only reason to complain about tech on a tech enthusiast forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon11 View Post
This is why we can't have nice things, not surprised we don't see Matt show up in the thread often anymore, there's too much childish bickering and whining about things we wanted or asked for and didn't get, or didn't ask for but got anyway. Just in time for the Christmas season, you're all acting like a bunch of spoiled brats on Christmas morning, good job.
Everyone here appreciates what Matt does. Everyone here knows this was an accident. In my mind, it's just as bad to blindly defend someone or some thing. We are not complaining about Matt or Vizio in general. We are complaining about this one thing. Can you differentiate between the two? I'm sorry but paying $4000 for a TV and expecting it to work as advertised has nothing to do with being "spoiled brats".
rightintel likes this.
post #36344 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:00 PM

Factory Reset

Now I've done a factory reset and half of my tablet functions don't work??
post #36345 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I have a P55, it worked when I did a factory reset.

I just now tried that and half the functions on my tablet in the tv settings don't work...
post #36346 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Prezbindowski View Post
I just now tried that and half the functions on my tablet in the tv settings don't work...
Ok, something must have went wrong with pairing, did it again and everything was fine function wise.

But after factory reset still horrible backlighting and bleeding for me on a P65 that wasn't there with beta 3.0.6.4.
post #36347 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 2453
Quote:

Is it best to leave the tablet off the charger when fully charged? I ask because of this post and because I usually leave it on the charger all the time when not in use and sometimes I don't use it for weeks as I prefer the iOS app better.

lujan
516 Ultra HD
727 HD
4 SD
post #36348 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:21 PM

Just a suggestion / request:

How do we go about getting a Vizio P series thread with no price talk and no beta firmware talk?
Just start one?

Firmware could also have its own section that can have threads for different issues in the firmware.
post #36349 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Is it best to leave the tablet off the charger when fully charged? I ask because of this post and because I usually leave it on the charger all the time when not in use and sometimes I don't use it for weeks as I prefer the iOS app better.
Bulging battery = bad.
Leave it off. If there is any danger of it catching on fire because it was left on you want to reduce the risk.
post #36350 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 1829
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydansv View Post
It's because it is running at 60hz, the display evidently can't run 4k at 60hz.
It play fine until it ramps up to 4k.
Meridian now has a 4k 60fps SDR version that casts to the Vizio perfectly fine. So it is not the framerate. The Dolby Vision version is the one that glitches out.
post #36351 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post

How do we go about getting a Vizio P series thread
with no price talk and no beta firmware talk?

Firmware could also have its own section that can
have threads for different issues in the firmware.

Check my links in the signature line below to see if this helps (I have a P50-C1 Thread going.) :

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #36352 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
So now I'm experiencing another weird issue, hoping this forum can help:

My Visio p65 freezes sometimes on HDMI 1 input. It's connected directly to my receiver (Onkyo tx-nr809), so you can hear the sound continuing but no movement in picture. Doesn't matter what source the receiver is getting, it seems to have happened on at least 3 sources, on average about 1x/day.

What's weird is that the tv is still functioning and i can switch to the Cast input, which works. Menus are still visible on the TV. Restarting the receiver doesn't fix it, however restarting the TV does. Switching the input on the receiver also does not work. It's highly annoying and a potential return issue for this tv.

I haven't yet upgraded to a HDMI 18gbps/2.0 cable (I have a single run of 25 feet) but I can't see how that would fix it as my receiver is of the age of HDMI 1.4.

Anyone else know of or experience this issue? Thanks in advance.
post #36353 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturne1 View Post
Yep. Certainly at least a few minute sequence. Have only seen the first episode so far - but it seems that it's used for stylistic effects, rather than full time. I also noticed looking back that you also have a Roku Ultra - that will only do HDR10. I watched it casting from the Netflix app - which will do Dolby Vision.
Sorry, new to 4K/HDR-10/DV so have a question related to above post. I was watching Marco Polo on Netflix through Roku Ultra, and Smartcast did report it as being HDR. Roku's HDR section of their website actually highlights Marco Polo (see https://www.roku.com/en-ca/hdr)

If the Roku does not support DV, and Netflix is DV only (is it?) then that would seem like false advertising if what you said is accurate.

Thanks in advance for any more light you can shed on this. I'll try streaming from the app vs Roku and see if there are any obvious differences.

Thanks.
post #36354 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Rented Blu-ray of Don't Breathe via Redbox and just as others have noticed, fald is not working properly on a few of these sets with latest firmware. During some dark basement scenes, some zones that would normally go dark, are not. Other than that, and Gears 4 not looking as crisp as it did on last beta, no other issues have manifested. I will never opt out of early release, enjoying the process thus far

Last edited by spoonmandts; 12-19-2016 at 05:21 PM.
post #36355 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 1829
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityS4 View Post
Sorry, new to 4K/HDR-10/DV so have a question related to above post. I was watching Marco Polo on Netflix through Roku Ultra, and Smartcast did report it as being HDR. Roku's HDR section of their website actually highlights Marco Polo (see https://www.roku.com/en-ca/hdr)

If the Roku does not support DV, and Netflix is DV only (is it?) then that would seem like false advertising if what you said is accurate.

Thanks in advance for any more light you can shed on this. I'll try streaming from the app vs Roku and see if there are any obvious differences.

Thanks.
Netflix is not DV only. It supports both HDR10 and DV.
post #36356 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharp View Post
So now I'm experiencing another weird issue, hoping this forum can help:

My Visio p65 freezes sometimes on HDMI 1 input. It's connected directly to my receiver (Onkyo tx-nr809), so you can hear the sound continuing but no movement in picture. Doesn't matter what source the receiver is getting, it seems to have happened on at least 3 sources, on average about 1x/day.

What's weird is that the tv is still functioning and i can switch to the Cast input, which works. Menus are still visible on the TV. Restarting the receiver doesn't fix it, however restarting the TV does. Switching the input on the receiver also does not work. It's highly annoying and a potential return issue for this tv.

I haven't yet upgraded to a HDMI 18gbps/2.0 cable (I have a single run of 25 feet) but I can't see how that would fix it as my receiver is of the age of HDMI 1.4.

Anyone else know of or experience this issue? Thanks in advance.
Change to port 2, ARC is the issue.

post #36357 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmandts View Post
Rented Blu-ray of Don't Breathe via Redbox and just as others have noticed, fald is not working properly on a few of these sets with latest firmware. During some dark basement scenes, some zones that would normally go dark, are not. Other than that, and Gears 4 not looking as crisp as it did on last beta, no other issues have manifested. I will never opt out of early release, enjoying the process thus far
Have you done a factory reset?

Tomaay likes this.
post #36358 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
Yes. Last week Amazon accidentally pushed a new Amazon Prime app to Xbox that enables HDR. But since then they have pulled it and even emailed everyone that got it asking them to delete it. Which is very strange.

I'm not deleting mine either, but it won't launch anymore for me
post #36359 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post

Interesting. I don't see the option to watch that in HDR on the Roku Ultra. Is there a reason for this? Just not supported for that site in the app yet or something? Mozart in the Jungle looks good in HDR, so at least some shows are capable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #36360 of 63952 Old 12-19-2016, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturne1 View Post
Yep. Certainly at least a few minute sequence. Have only seen the first episode so far - but it seems that it's used for stylistic effects, rather than full time. I also noticed looking back that you also have a Roku Ultra - that will only do HDR10. I watched it casting from the Netflix app - which will do Dolby Vision.
So I just rewatched the scene you're taking about (stunning -- not sure why I didn't renege this morning but as soon as I saw it I remembered). Tried with a Fire TV Stick (1080p SDR), the Roku Ultra (4K HDR10), and casting to the TV's Google Cast (4K DV HDR). There's a big difference in resolution I can see between 1080p and 4K, and the HDR versions generally do indeed pop more. I couldn't really see much of a difference between the two HDR types, though, and honestly if blind tested while sitting far enough from the TV, I might not even be able to pick 1080p vs 4K -- the normal HD still looked really good.

Perhaps most interesting is that the SDR seems a bit less washed out (less of a gray haze over everything). Any opinions on this, or suggestions? It's not dramatic, but definitely noticeable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page