Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1257 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288527Likes

post #37681 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5080 Post(s)
Liked: 3590
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_06 View Post
SO... Any Ideas anyone?! lol
Thanks, Phil B.
Yea, download it to a USB and update it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinberg View Post
Scratch that, looks like it's only supported on Samsung TVs. So I guess we're all in the same boat. How stupidly limiting...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yea pretty dumb. These partnerships are annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Guru View Post
Thanks for the info, I never thought of using a raspberry. Something to think about.

I should say that we're overall very happy with the P as a display. Movies are awesome, and playing PS4 Pro has been a real treat.
But I won't lie, the tablet can be frustrating. I'm fairly tech inclined, but she however is not. So when things go wrong she gets fed up and just turns everything off and goes to watch TV in the bedroom.

I was just venting earlier since we just finished dealing with it acting up and she was getting quite frustrated trying to cast something. Then I get mad when she starts talking about how easy the old TV setup was lol. That's when I figured I would ask if others have tried it out.

Whatever option I go with I would like to be able to use my Harmony to make it as easy to use as possible. There's been a few times watching something on Netflix and you need to pause it, but the tablet won't issue the command or something. It's much easier to just hit pause on the remote.
Are you using harmony software with a hub? You might need better hub placement? Maybe for your sanity a Roku 4 ultra might be best.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
HVAC Guru likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37682 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Thanks for the info, I never thought of using a raspberry. Something to think about.

I should say that we're overall very happy with the P as a display. Movies are awesome, and playing PS4 Pro has been a real treat.
But I won't lie, the tablet can be frustrating. I'm fairly tech inclined, but she however is not. So when things go wrong she gets fed up and just turns everything off and goes to watch TV in the bedroom.

I was just venting earlier since we just finished dealing with it acting up and she was getting quite frustrated trying to cast something. Then I get mad when she starts talking about how easy the old TV setup was lol. That's when I figured I would ask if others have tried it out.

Whatever option I go with I would like to be able to use my Harmony to make it as easy to use as possible. There's been a few times watching something on Netflix and you need to pause it, but the tablet won't issue the command or something. It's much easier to just hit pause on the remote.
Not sure I'd it helps, but you can use the TV's remote to play/pause content that's streaming. It won't do anything besides that, but for me that's usually enough.

HVAC Guru likes this.
post #37683 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
This and other threads got me going enough so that I spent $80 on games I have no intention of playing. However, I bought both Shadow warrior 2 for the PC and uncharted 4 for the 1080p PS4. Both games are HDR compatible now with their respective platforms. I was able to get both of them to show HDR = Yes with the Vizio P75 on HDMI input 1.

I am doing a whole review on this tomorrow. However, the cliff notes version is "Wow HDR gaming on the Vizio P75 is better than I could have ever imagined". Remember, you can enable GLL with HDR and that makes all the difference in the world. HDMI 5 with 1080p @ 120 FPS is still the best playing experience with ultra low input lag. However, the input lag I experienced tonight was perfectly fine on HDMI 1 as long as GLL was enabled with HDR. Without GLL input lag is atrocious with HDR.

Expect a full HDR gaming post tomorrow. Hopefully, I can do a video review for it as well. I have a 2015 non-HDR Vizio M55 to compare it with. That should show the benefits of HDR gaming really well.

Look forward to that!

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37684 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
This and other threads got me going enough so that I spent $80 on games I have no intention of playing. However, I bought both Shadow warrior 2 for the PC and uncharted 4 for the 1080p PS4. Both games are HDR compatible now with their respective platforms. I was able to get both of them to show HDR = Yes with the Vizio P75 on HDMI input 1.

I am doing a whole review on this tomorrow. However, the cliff notes version is "Wow HDR gaming on the Vizio P75 is better than I could have ever imagined". Remember, you can enable GLL with HDR and that makes all the difference in the world. HDMI 5 with 1080p @ 120 FPS is still the best playing experience with ultra low input lag. However, the input lag I experienced tonight was perfectly fine on HDMI 1 as long as GLL was enabled with HDR. Without GLL input lag is atrocious with HDR.

Expect a full HDR gaming post tomorrow. Hopefully, I can do a video review for it as well. I have a 2015 non-HDR Vizio M55 to compare it with. That should show the benefits of HDR gaming really well.
What settings do you guys use for HDR gaming on HDMI 1.

Also when you calibrate what picture setting do you change? Vivid, calibrated dark etc?

How in depth do you calibrate as I have seen photos with what looks like graphs for color corrections.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #37685 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 10:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked: 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post
What settings do you guys use for HDR gaming on HDMI 1.
Previously I had my consoles set to Calibrate default mode, but lately I prefer the consoles on Game Mode + Active LED=on w/ Clear Action on. The flicker of CA takes a few minutes for the eyes to adjust and only really noticeable on bright white screens, but the PQ is worth the distraction IMO. My PC is on Computer mode (mostly default I think), but for fast games like Doom I'm now switching to the same Game Mode settings as the consoles.

Whichever mode you choose for gaming, make sure Game Low Latency always on.

Last edited by DaverJ; 01-04-2017 at 07:40 AM.
post #37686 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Previously I had my consoles set to Calibrate default mode, but lately I prefer Game Mode + Active LED=on w/ Clear Action on. The flicker of CA takes a few minutes for the eyes to adjust, but the PW is worth it. The PC is on Computer mode (mostly default I think), but for fast games like Doom I'm now switching to the same Game Mode settings as the consoles.

I am almost in the same boat. I use Calibrated with GLL on. I never stop seeing flicker from Clear Action so I just don't use it. I haven't had any issues related to those settings so far.
post #37687 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Interesting, good to know. I don't know much about them, I've never seen a Fire TV stick running in person to form an opinion or experience it for myself.
The "stick" is limited to 1080p/2K. You'll need the FireTV "box" to get 4K (but no HDR).
jfcarbel and HVAC Guru like this.
post #37688 of 64230 Old 01-03-2017, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Previously I had my consoles set to Calibrate default mode, but lately I prefer Game Mode + Active LED=on w/ Clear Action on. The flicker of CA takes a few minutes for the eyes to adjust, but the PW is worth it. The PC is on Computer mode (mostly default I think), but for fast games like Doom I'm now switching to the same Game Mode settings as the consoles.

So you just used the default calibrated pitcure setting on the TV with no adjustments. Interesting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #37689 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Are you using harmony software with a hub? You might need better hub placement? Maybe for your sanity a Roku 4 ultra might be best.
I have an old Harmony 700 that's still getting the job done. That Roku 4 Ultra is nice, and on sale at my local BB right now

Quote:
Not sure I'd it helps, but you can use the TV's remote to play/pause content that's streaming. It won't do anything besides that, but for me that's usually enough.
Really? I don't think I've even used it once. If that's the case, you would think the pause/play function on the Harmony should work? I may have to set it to Device - Vizio. Worth a try.
It's annoying when the tablet wont pause a show, then we're scrambiling to grab one of our Pixel XL's to do it. Usually if one doesn't work the other does. I went from one remote to fumbling with a bunch of stuff lol. First world problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
The "stick" is limited to 1080p/2K. You'll need the FireTV "box" to get 4K (but no HDR).
Good to know, thanks. She wont care about no HDR, I'm concerned about it being user friendly.
I'm sure this whole setup will improve with time, I bet in 2017 Vizio will bring out some nice FW updates and stream line the P Series.

Living Room: Sony XBR55X800E / Sony UBPX800 / Vizio SB3651-E6
HT Setup: LG OLED55E6P / Panasonic DMP-UB900 / PS4 Pro / Denon X4200W / KEF Q700's / KEF Q200c / KEF Q100 Surrounds / Rythmik FVX15
post #37690 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
If you told Usain Bolt he could gain 6ms reaction time he wouldn't even care. He is a professional sprinter where hundredths of a second matter but thousandths of a second don't. They don't even keep track of the 100m dash world record to the thousandth of a second. Hundredths of a second is plenty to distinguish the winner.

The argument that 6ms matters is just not logical and is an unreasonable conclusion. I would even argue that 17ms which is 1 frame of 60 FPS video is not even significant. The whole point of 60 FPS video over 30 FPS video is that it was scientifically proven that most brains can't process motion faster than 1/30 of second.

Some would argue "why use 120 FPS then". Actually I think that is a good point. However, in the case of the Vizio P-series 1080p @ 120 FPS opens up several features that no other resolution or frame rate has. 1080p @ 120 FPS allows low input lag without using GLL and it has the best motion handling without needing to resort to the motion interpolation controls.

How many HDR games are there that actually work completely with 4K @ 60 FPS HDR right now? I think there is one for the computer(Tomb Raider) and maybe a few for the consoles. Why is it again that you are so up in arms over HDR with gaming right now? It barely even exists at the moment.

I can certainly see the difference between 24, 30, 40-45 (between 43-45 is near where that double image motion judder starts 'joining' to my eyes), 48 (what I call poor man's 60), 60, 80fps. However, upon testing 80fps refresh vs 120fps, I can say I would likely fail the test. There is a smoothness at 80 that isn't in 60, but after that, 80/120/144 looked essentially the same to me. At 80+, it looked like soap opera effect was always on without the motion artifacts/input lag

The non-standard refreshes were done testing PC displays with programmed fps caps, and selectable custom refresh limits.

I actually played Gears 4 in its entirety with a 40fps cap on my 80hz overclocked display. 40fps is a nice boost over 30. My Alienware couldn't run it near 60 without destroying image quality, but more like 40-ish give or take, hence the cap. Worked out well.

I think if more people did some thorough testing of refreshes above 60, they'd see a difference in quality of motion. That being said, I'm happy with 60, especially with non-sample and hold to remove eye tracking blur.

I also think PC gamers here with this display (or any 4K display) owes it to themselves to also try custom resolutions in case your games don't quite hit 4k/60. You can try setting a custom res of 3840x1600), for an Ultrawide 1600p image on your 4k displays without any scaling. You'll just have the movie standard black bars. The reduction in pixel count could then possibly push your fps closer to 60, if you were struggling before. Assuming you have a good gpu, of course.
DaverJ likes this.

Mad Lust Envy

Last edited by Raven Crimson; 01-04-2017 at 04:39 AM.
post #37691 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have an old Harmony 700 that's still getting the job done. That Roku 4 Ultra is nice, and on sale at my local BB right now

Really? I don't think I've even used it once. If that's the case, you would think the pause/play function on the Harmony should work? I may have to set it to Device - Vizio. Worth a try.
It's annoying when the tablet wont pause a show, then we're scrambiling to grab one of our Pixel XL's to do it. Usually if one doesn't work the other does. I went from one remote to fumbling with a bunch of stuff lol. First world problems.

Good to know, thanks. She wont care about no HDR, I'm concerned about it being user friendly.
I'm sure this whole setup will improve with time, I bet in 2017 Vizio will bring out some nice FW updates and stream line the P Series.
Yes you have to customize the play pause to work on the Vizio.

bboysvlad and HVAC Guru like this.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #37692 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
I know changing one of the Color Temperatures is global, as is changing the Color Space. If everything in a Custom Setup is going 'Global', then that is strange.

If you would, please... Detail the procedure you do for creating a Custom Picture Mode.

Thanks for the support - I did not respond earlier because I was waiting for the technician to come over and replace the part. It turns out that the part was actually the main board for the TV being replaced! Quite the effort to fix what I thought was a software issue. After the board was replaced, and we rebooted and updated the Vizio, I am still getting the same problem so I don't know what Vizio will suggest next short of replacing the full TV - it still seems odd that my TV would be the only one so far that I have been able to see that has this particular issue. I am impressed with the Vizio support but this problem is odd.

The process I use is the following. Start from an existing mode (e.g. Calibrated or Calibrated Dark) and make the modifications as suggested by the calibration settings put forward by Shoman (excellent work btw and so thanks!). I then save the custom mode under the Picture Edit menu and it saves it correctly. The problem is that now both the original Mode and the new mode have been changed by these new colour calibration settings. If another mode is created (e.g. using the DV or HDR10 settings for example) so that I would end up with say two or three custom modes, each time the "child" mode is created, the colour settings are adjusted globally to each and every mode that was both custom or from which the original settings were created from. I have tried Smartcast from both the included tablet (Android) and an Ipad, same results. If a new custom mode is created from say a different original picture mode (e.g. Standard), then those changes do not get replicated to the other custom or original picture modes created from Calibrated or Calibrated Dark. Same for Vivid so this is a child-parent settings problem. Any help or advice wold be appreciated. I should mention that now the new main board does not recognize HDR content that is being cast from Youtube so I will have to figure out what is going on there as well. Thanks.
shoman94 likes this.

Vizio P75-C1
Anthem MRX 1120
OPPO 203
OPPO 103D
B&W CDM 7.1.4 with Yamaha speakers in ceiling
post #37693 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Yes you have to customize the play pause to work on the Vizio.

You shouldn't need to customize anything. It just works with casting content.

post #37694 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:

Re: Fire Box, why not get a Roku Ultra/Premiere instead? It plays Amazon content in 4K HDR, and all other providers (including Google Play, which often has nice freebies on movies - I've gotten probably 10 over the past year). I'm not sure about Roku and Kodi, though, since I don't use the latter, so maybe you're stuck with a Fire Box for that?

Incidentally, what makes Kodi worth even using? Does it have any content other systems don't? And are the streams actually reliable and in high quality?

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
post #37695 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You shouldn't need to customize anything. It just works with casting content.

What I'm saying is I don't think the Harmony software automatically sets the Play/Pause button on the harmony remote to send the Play/Pause signal to the Display. I think you have to manually set the remote software to do it. It's very easy and no big deal.

post #37696 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
What I'm saying is I don't think the Harmony software automatically sets the Play/Pause button on the harmony remote to send the Play/Pause signal to the Display. I think you have to manually set the remote software to do it. It's very easy and no big deal.
Ah! Right, makes sense.

post #37697 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyben View Post
Thanks for the support - I did not respond earlier because I was waiting for the technician to come over and replace the part. It turns out that the part was actually the main board for the TV being replaced! Quite the effort to fix what I thought was a software issue. After the board was replaced, and we rebooted and updated the Vizio, I am still getting the same problem so I don't know what Vizio will suggest next short of replacing the full TV - it still seems odd that my TV would be the only one so far that I have been able to see that has this particular issue. I am impressed with the Vizio support but this problem is odd.

The process I use is the following. Start from an existing mode (e.g. Calibrated or Calibrated Dark) and make the modifications as suggested by the calibration settings put forward by Shoman (excellent work btw and so thanks!). I then save the custom mode under the Picture Edit menu and it saves it correctly. The problem is that now both the original Mode and the new mode have been changed by these new colour calibration settings. If another mode is created (e.g. using the DV or HDR10 settings for example) so that I would end up with say two or three custom modes, each time the "child" mode is created, the colour settings are adjusted globally to each and every mode that was both custom or from which the original settings were created from. I have tried Smartcast from both the included tablet (Android) and an Ipad, same results. If a new custom mode is created from say a different original picture mode (e.g. Standard), then those changes do not get replicated to the other custom or original picture modes created from Calibrated or Calibrated Dark. Same for Vivid so this is a child-parent settings problem. Any help or advice wold be appreciated. I should mention that now the new main board does not recognize HDR content that is being cast from Youtube so I will have to figure out what is going on there as well. Thanks.
I'm walking in late on this one but the color calibration as stated is global. You have 9 total. Normal, Computer and Cool for SDR, DV and HDR10. So if you input DV settings for Normal.... They will follow Normal for every picture mode custom or not when playing DV content. Same goes for SDR and HDR10.

What issue did you get the mainboard replaced for?
Ph8te and beardontwalk123 like this.

post #37698 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Re: Fire Box, why not get a Roku Ultra/Premiere instead? It plays Amazon content in 4K HDR, and all other providers (including Google Play, which often has nice freebies on movies - I've gotten probably 10 over the past year). I'm not sure about Roku and Kodi, though, since I don't use the latter, so maybe you're stuck with a Fire Box for that?

Incidentally, what makes Kodi worth even using? Does it have any content other systems don't? And are the streams actually reliable and in high quality?
I'm going to get a Roku 4 Ultra today since it's on sale

It's for the gf, she wants to be able to watch some content on there. The quality is so so, depends on what you want to watch.

Living Room: Sony XBR55X800E / Sony UBPX800 / Vizio SB3651-E6
HT Setup: LG OLED55E6P / Panasonic DMP-UB900 / PS4 Pro / Denon X4200W / KEF Q700's / KEF Q200c / KEF Q100 Surrounds / Rythmik FVX15
post #37699 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

If I were you I would wait till after CES and see if they announce a new Shield. I have a shield hooked up to another TV at it is by far the best streaming box you could ask for. It has a IR receiver built in so you can use any harmony remote to control it. You can also side load the amazon prime app but for now it only supports 1080p. The netflix app does support 4k and HDR10 though.

My wife is in the same boat as your GF. She just doesn't like using the tablet and I don't blame her one bit. It is clunky and has too many bugs to ever be considered an easy device to use. The casting just isn't consistent enough yet. So my plan is to get another Shield if they announce a new one and my wife can use the shield for day to day watching and I can always use my phone or tablet to cast 4k/HDR stuff easier when I want to watch, because honestly she doesn't give a **** about HDR.
HVAC Guru likes this.
post #37700 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Need some help here. I started trying to do my gaming review and all of a sudden the TV wouldn't pair with the remote. I tried my phone the same thing. I tried pairing over wireless. No dice there either. I tried everything except for a full factory reset which I don't want to do because I am afraid I will lose the beta firmware.

Is anyone else having pairing issues all of a sudden with the P75 or other P-series. I can't adjust any settings without pairing a remote with the Display. Right now I am dead in the water. Please help.
post #37701 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 17
So I assume Battlefield 1 for Xbox is NOT HDR? I made sure HDR was enabled on the xbox S and using input 1 on Vizio, had color sampling on and I never got HDR = ON when checking system status on iphone. I kinda hope it is NOT HDR so I can switch to HDMI 5 input for lower input lag.

Also, are there any settings in GAME picture mode (i.e. active LED, clear action, etc.) that would increase input lag? I am just getting into FPS online and playing with some friends and I am just wanting to eliminate any disadvantages I have (i.e. higher input lag). Right now I have Active LED Zone ON, Clear Action ON and Game Low Latency ON.
samorist likes this.

Jutter is gone..zipadeedoodah zipadeeday!!!
post #37702 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Just an anecdote on how I was able to get Amazon HDR for "cheap" -

Sling is offering a promotion where if you pay for one month of sling ($20) you get a free Roku stick ($40 value). However, apparently they are out of them because I read on the internet most people, lately, are getting Roku Premiere's instead ($80 value). So I tried my luck. Sure enough, yesterday, I received a Roku Premier. I promptly took it to best buy and unopened and asked if I could exchange for a Premiere+ ($100) and pay the difference and they let me. So I got a Roku premier+ for $20 plus the $20 for a month of slingtv.

All this because I was tired of waiting for Amazon to update the app on xbox.
post #37703 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCF34 View Post
So I assume Battlefield 1 for Xbox is NOT HDR? I made sure HDR was enabled on the xbox S and using input 1 on Vizio, had color sampling on and I never got HDR = ON when checking system status on iphone. I kinda hope it is NOT HDR so I can switch to HDMI 5 input for lower input lag.

Also, are there any settings in GAME picture mode (i.e. active LED, clear action, etc.) that would increase input lag? I am just getting into FPS online and playing with some friends and I am just wanting to eliminate any disadvantages I have (i.e. higher input lag). Right now I have Active LED Zone ON, Clear Action ON and Game Low Latency ON.
Turning off Active LED zones will give you a bit less latency. But it's not worth the PQ decrease imo.
post #37704 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Need some help here. I started trying to do my gaming review and all of a sudden the TV wouldn't pair with the remote. I tried my phone the same thing. I tried pairing over wireless. No dice there either. I tried everything except for a full factory reset which I don't want to do because I am afraid I will lose the beta firmware.

Is anyone else having pairing issues all of a sudden with the P75 or other P-series. I can't adjust any settings without pairing a remote with the Display. Right now I am dead in the water. Please help.

I don't think a factory reset would clear the beta. I did one on mine with the first or 2nd beta and nothing was lost. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoman94 likes this.
post #37705 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:

Try a factory reset and then "add a new device". It won't affect the firmware.
shoman94 likes this.
post #37706 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I don't think a factory reset would clear the beta. I did one on mine with the first or 2nd beta and nothing was lost. Hope you get it figured out.

How do I do a factory reset? I talked with Vizio Support for about 30 minutes and he had me do everything except for the factory reset. We got cut off just before that.

I am confused about how to do a factory reset without pairing the device to the TV. I can't access the menu for the TV because it won't pair.

Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 01-04-2017 at 09:14 AM.
post #37707 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCF34 View Post

You're correct, Battlefield 1 on Xbox is not HDR... yet. No word on the timing for the HDR patch.
Srycantthnkof1 likes this.
post #37708 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BShmal View Post
You're correct, Battlefield 1 on Xbox is not HDR... yet. No word on the timing for the HDR patch.

You want to make sure the game latency is on if you want smoother transitions hint less lag.

post #37709 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Is there anyway to do a factory reset without using the tablet? My tablet cannot connect to the TV anymore so there is no way to get to the factory reset option. It almost looks like the wireless and blutooth in the Tv doesn't work anymore at all.
post #37710 of 64230 Old 01-04-2017, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Is there anyway to do a factory reset without using the tablet? My tablet cannot connect to the TV anymore so there is no way to get to the factory reset option. It almost looks like the wireless and blutooth in the Tv doesn't work anymore at all.

Try using the smartphone app see if you can connect and reset that way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page