Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1330 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288467Likes

post #39871 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
@jeffrey suchocki ;

Vudu has an internal speed test you can run so you know the speed you are getting between Vudu and you which is the most important one. Run that and see what you get for a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I know. But where the hell is the speedtest option in the Vudu Vizio Casting app? I can find it just fine with the Vudu app on my Roku Premiere+ (which incidentally says I have sufficient bandwidth for UHD streaming). But I've looked at every menu/setting on the Vizio Vudu app, and I can't find that speed test option available. I'm either having a total brain fart and simply not "seeing" it in the app for some reason, it's called something different in the Vizio Smartcast Vudu app relative to the Roku Vudu app (and I'm failing to recognize that), or it's not available in the Vizio Vudu app (for whatever reason). If the Vudu speedtest is there in the Vizio Vudu app, if you wouldn't mind pointing me to it (which menu options?), I'd greatly appreciate it. I just don't see it. I can find it fine on my Roku Vudu app, but those options aren't available on the Vizio Vudu app.

The difference matters (perhaps) for two reasons--the Roku is using Wifi and is connected via HDMI, while the Vizio is hardwired via powerline (though as mentioned on a prior post, the Vizio Smartcast app speed test doesn't vary much whether I have the Vizio hardwired or via wifi) and is obviously using Cast. So want to test the same "tunnel", for lack of a better term, as I would be using when Casting.

I may try troubleshooting the DNS server issue another poster mentioned. I'll have to Google it to see how I do that. Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39872 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Is there a way to cast 4k .Mp4 and mkv files to the P75 that are on a network storage drive without using an external device like Roku.
post #39873 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dymek View Post
just purchased one today from best buy. it comes next monday!!

Mine is coming Tuesday $1599 seems like a great price for this set

vulsker and inPicton like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39874 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Hey all, does this set allow you to access you vids via the USB port and display any sort of file system? I'd imagine not with all the functionality being built into the tablet but was wondering if USB attached devices would work or not.
post #39875 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1825 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
I'm glad I could help at least one person. 😎

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Make that two.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
post #39876 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
If anyone is interested in rooting this tablet, I heard this works, plus it's very simple to do. If you're not familiar with rooting, please read everything under the support section first.

https://root-android.kingoapp.com
Kingroot scares me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
rolldog likes this.
post #39877 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Lahey View Post
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2016 P55-C1 and had a question. How can you tell if you ended up with a decent vs a flawed panel?

Specifically I notice that in a completely dark room, there is a fair bit of light bleed, particularly in the corners.

I've uploaded a photo taken on my Galaxy S7 in pitch black. The TV was set to HDMI 4 and in Game mode.

Is this amount of light bleed typical/normal or do I have a dud? Not sure if I should be asking for a replacement unit or not.

Would really appreciate advice from any veteran P55 owners.

Cheers,

R
Is that with active led on or off?

post #39878 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharun18999 View Post
Hey all, does this set allow you to access you vids via the USB port and display any sort of file system? I'd imagine not with all the functionality being built into the tablet but was wondering if USB attached devices would work or not.
It played my basic .mp4 files, but there is no controllability. I would suggest setting up a Plex server or getting something like a Roku.
reallynotnick likes this.
post #39879 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
@ffactoryxx

I was amazed that your previous post of your 10% Flat Field showed such a colorful grid pattern.

I checked my patterns moments ago, and I see the same!

Seems the recent Firmware did this?

Anyone else seeing this? Check all your Flat Fields.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ffactoryxx [2017 01 24] [10pc].jpg
Views:	259
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1928937  

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #39880 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesguy3 View Post
Thanks again. Did plug into the wall via a USB adapter, and it has come back to life, to the extent that it will power on. That, however, did not charge the battery a lick, and it was still sitting on 0% after 30-40 minutes of charging. Did what you suggested and pulled the plug on the dock and used it to directly charge the tablet. Now at 70%, so I'm thinking that has done the trick.

The charging dock is going into storage. Not sure what the problem was, but it was just somehow heating the tablet without charging it at all. Appreciate the help!
No problem. I bought a Qi wireless charging pad to put on my desk, and I would sit my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on it to charge without having to plug it in. I experienced something similar. My phone, and the charging pad, would get really hot, and with my phone connected to WiFi and syncing email and such periodically, it was using the same amount of power that it was getting from the wireless charger, so my battery level would never go up. It only prevented my battery from going down. Needless to say, it went in the garbage. I'm not sure if wireless charging has got better since then, but if people are expected to use it, it needs to improve. I just bought a new car, and it has a wireless charger built into a small storage area in the dashboard, just large enough for a phone, but I haven't even tried it. If I did, then I wouldn't be able to read emails and surf the web while I'm driving.
post #39881 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srycantthnkof1 View Post
Kingroot scares me.

Yea, but it's an easy way for someone to root it. I wouldn't use Kingroot on my phone, but on this tablet, I can live with worst case scenario.
post #39882 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 211
@Matt McRae The analog audio volume control problem that I reported with the first 3.x beta is back with the most recent beta.

Summary: when the speakers are turned off and the variable analog output is used, attempting to change the volume results in '0 Audio Subsystem' shown on the display and no volume changes.

It's a bit frustrating that this previously reported and fixed issue showed up again. I would have hoped it would have been added to the list of regression tests for new release candidates.
post #39883 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Interesting. I never updated anything since two weeks ago initial setup. My version shows 3.0.12.2

I didn't opt in for any betas or anything.

Is that yours as well. Maybe it's a firmware issue I'm having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
@ffactoryxx

I was amazed that your previous post of your 10% Flat Field showed such a colorful grid pattern.

I checked my patterns moments ago, and I see the same!

Seems the recent Firmware did this?

Anyone else seeing this? Check all your Flat Fields.

Last edited by ffactoryxx; 01-29-2017 at 04:42 PM.
post #39884 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Yea, but it's an easy way for someone to root it. I wouldn't use Kingroot on my phone, but on this tablet, I can live with worst case scenario.
The problem with Kingroot is it is using vulnerabilities in Android to force superuser privileges then installing its own files. Since Kingroot is Chinese based that is what worries me.

Brandon B likes this.
post #39885 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6276 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Suchocki View Post
Yeah, I know. But where the hell is the speedtest option in the Vudu Vizio Casting app? I can find it just fine with the Vudu app on my Roku Premiere+ (which incidentally says I have sufficient bandwidth for UHD streaming). But I've looked at every menu/setting on the Vizio Vudu app, and I can't find that speed test option available. I'm either having a total brain fart and simply not "seeing" it in the app for some reason, it's called something different in the Vizio Smartcast Vudu app relative to the Roku Vudu app (and I'm failing to recognize that), or it's not available in the Vizio Vudu app (for whatever reason). If the Vudu speedtest is there in the Vizio Vudu app, if you wouldn't mind pointing me to it (which menu options?), I'd greatly appreciate it. I just don't see it. I can find it fine on my Roku Vudu app, but those options aren't available on the Vizio Vudu app.

The difference matters (perhaps) for two reasons--the Roku is using Wifi and is connected via HDMI, while the Vizio is hardwired via powerline (though as mentioned on a prior post, the Vizio Smartcast app speed test doesn't vary much whether I have the Vizio hardwired or via wifi) and is obviously using Cast. So want to test the same "tunnel", for lack of a better term, as I would be using when Casting.

I may try troubleshooting the DNS server issue another poster mentioned. I'll have to Google it to see how I do that. Thanks for the feedback.

The difference DOES matter connect your Roku using the same connection currently used for the Vizio, then test again. Otherwise you aren't really testing the line your Vizio is using. The Vizio internal test has been "broken" for years, always best to ignore it you may also want to try connecting you Vizio to your Wifi to see if you have the same issues (if you don't then you can start troubleshooting your PowerConnect setup).

post #39886 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2016 P55-C1 and had a question. How can you tell if you ended up with a decent vs a flawed panel?

Specifically I notice that in a completely dark room, there is a fair bit of light bleed, particularly in the corners.

I've uploaded a photo taken on my Galaxy S7 in pitch black. The TV was set to HDMI 4 and in Game mode.

Is this amount of light bleed typical/normal or do I have a dud? Not sure if I should be asking for a replacement unit or not.

Cheers,

R

Is that with ALED on?? If it is, then you have an issue there. I have the 55 and it never looks like that but I do get booming corners if I turn brightness all the way up in the super dark room and its black...or if I turn the ALED's off.

Vizio P65-F1 - Vizio P55-C1 - Xbox One X - Playstation 4 Pro
post #39887 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Vizio is having a sale this week for the superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
Mine is coming Tuesday $1599 seems like a great price for this set

Last edited by Mark Dymek; 01-29-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: fix typo
post #39888 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srycantthnkof1 View Post
Kingroot scares me.

its just a automated way of rooting a device. it puts your device in fastboot mode and uses adb to push the file onto the device. only works with certain devices though. i don't think it would work with the vizio tablet.
post #39889 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 05:21 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
If you haven't already....Do a factory reset.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
The reset actually helped out. I was skeptical but it did fix the issue I was seeing. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
inPicton likes this.
post #39890 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseTU View Post
Glad to hear I was wrong about the 4K. I did read that wrong.

It seems no one else is having a firmware issue that prevents the built in cast feature to work. That seems really odd... if it is a firmware issue, wouldn't it be a widespread problem?

Also, if there is a new beta firmware, would the force update work? I'll be danged to remember what it is, but the tech had me wiggle and hold some magic button combo to force an update before.
I'm having the same issue. Unable to cast. Replacement P55-C1 has same issue. On-screen message after going through set-up says that Connection has been lost and to re-do setup. Tried setup from Note 4 cellphone, same. Am able to connect tablet and cell to display, able to turn on and off, go through various hdmi, able to go into setup and make changes. "Network" say am connected. Have tried Ethernet, too. Talked to Vizio USA and they said it's an "ISP issue" and get them to fix. Have updated Firmware to 2.2.7.4

Am able to cast using Roku.

This and previous P55 just doesn't want to connect to Internet.

Don't know what to do next...
post #39891 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6276 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dymek View Post
its just a automated way of rooting a device. it puts your device in fastboot mode and uses adb to push the file onto the device. only works with certain devices though. i don't think it would work with the vizio tablet.

Kingroot is how people have rooted their tablets in the past. If you search back there are a few posts on it and some of the drawbacks...

post #39892 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Was there mention of HDR input lag being reduced with this last update? I just popped Resident evil 7 in (One S) and input lag seems nonexistent via input 1 with hdr running. Lag was somewhat noticeable yesterday. Maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me?
post #39893 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 08:49 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Just so you're aware, if you root the tablet with this method, you won't be able to accept any future OTAs. It modifies the system partition and you cannot restore it due to the lack of factory images.
post #39894 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked: 4030
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmandts View Post
Was there mention of HDR input lag being reduced with this last update? I just popped Resident evil 7 in (One S) and input lag seems nonexistent via input 1 with hdr running. Lag was somewhat noticeable yesterday. Maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me?
Rtings re-tested input lag a week or so ago on the current wide-release (non-beta) firmware.

They found:
SDR on input 5 is 16.3ms for both 1080p and 4K
SDR and HDR on inputs 1-4 is 43.8ms for 4k

Interestingly, they found 1080p lag on inputs 1-4 to be 50.8ms - I assume because of upscaling..?
post #39895 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Hello all,

Cheers,

R
I wouldn't put too much weight on how the "no signal" screen looks like. Based on some investigation Thomas did a while ago, FALD may not engage when there is no source signal. Make sure FALD (Active LED) is turned on and try it with a real signal (like a black screen with some white text/credits).
post #39896 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Rtings re-tested input lag a week or so ago on the current wide-release (non-beta) firmware.

They found:

Interestingly, they found 1080p lag on inputs 1-4 to be 50.8ms - I assume because of upscaling..?
Their findings don't apply, as I'm specifically talking about the latest beta that was released 3 or 4 days ago. I reached out to Matt via twitter for confirmation. I played Gears of War 4(hdr) for a few minutes, and it also seems to have quicker response time.

I know he said that they were going to cut hdr lag by 15ms or 30ms(dont recall which), but wasnt expecting it until the next non-beta update.
post #39897 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Hello all,

Cheers,

R

This is mine on game mode with ALZ set to on. With it off I also have light bleed, not as bad as yours but it's definitely a huge difference between it being off and onClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1929817

post #39898 of 63935 Old 01-29-2017, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

They found:

Has anyone seen data for the input lag for the component input?
Bahn Yuki likes this.
post #39899 of 63935 Old 01-30-2017, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I'm really glad the full screen DIM, when subtitles were on, is now fixed. Now that is is gone, i don't know how i managed to watch all of those movies with subtitles before! BAH!
reallynotnick likes this.
post #39900 of 63935 Old 01-30-2017, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by inPicton View Post
I'm having the same issue. Unable to cast. Replacement P55-C1 has same issue. On-screen message after going through set-up says that Connection has been lost and to re-do setup. Tried setup from Note 4 cellphone, same. Am able to connect tablet and cell to display, able to turn on and off, go through various hdmi, able to go into setup and make changes. "Network" say am connected. Have tried Ethernet, too. Talked to Vizio USA and they said it's an "ISP issue" and get them to fix. Have updated Firmware to 2.2.7.4

Am able to cast using Roku.

This and previous P55 just doesn't want to connect to Internet.

Don't know what to do next...

What type of router are you using ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page