Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1365 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288557Likes

post #40921 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharp View Post
So are not the certified HDMI 2.0 cables not good enough? Isn't that what certification supposed to do? I have this cable in a 20-foot run and am experiencing drop outs.
Ok here is the issue with cables. Before 4k/hdr there really was never enough bandwidth to cause problems. But now with everything being so much higher the cable you buy actually matters, and it matters on 2 fronts. While premium certified should tech be enough , it doesn't always work out that way.
If you bought that cable you have 10 times it is possible for 5 of them to work perfect and 5 of them not to. Because the signal is pushing real near the limits of the cables. Outside of that things in the handshake between devices (EDID, HDCP) cause issues as well. Certain cables have worked better than others just depending on what device they are connected to.

Now to your issue. You say it isn't cheap to change cables because you need 20foot cables. So are you saying you have multiple devices hooked to the tv via several 20ft cables? The problem is that HDMI is normally set to run at 6ft. So while some devices can pass a device 20ft on those cables it is very possible that other devices lose just enough signal on them to cause black outs.

Next topic. Assuming you have multiple 20ft cables running to your tv, and you are only getting drop outs with one then why would you have to replace every cable? Just get 1 20ft blue jeans cable for that device. But keep in mind while that may fix the issue it isn't guarenteed. Since once again these devices were made to transmit a signal 6ft not 20.

Last which HDMI port do you have the the shield connected to and what firmware are you on?
Also do you have an AVR hooked up at all?
If you don't have any AVR hooked up then make sure ARC is turned off.
naustin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40922 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 9
So the P65-C1 supports Dolby Atmos over ARC?
post #40923 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
Quote:
For that kind of cost I'd rather wait until there's a proper AVR that can push through 4K HDR and use the one cable.

What kind of "proper" AVR are you waiting for? I have a Denon X6200W that passes everything through it just fine - Atmos, DTS:X, 4K UHD/HDR/WCG.

One 10' $6.50 AmazonBasics cable going from the 6200 to the P75.

It all just works...
I too will wait for a avr that I know will pass through upcoming dolby vision hdr blue ray players. Hopefully, both will show up this year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40924 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter01 View Post
In theory it does but results seem to vary depending on AVRs and cables and luck. I have constant audio drop outs when sending Atmos over ARC on my P50.
post #40925 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1821 Post(s)
Liked: 1166
Quote:
So are not the certified HDMI 2.0 cables not good enough? Isn't that what certification supposed to do? I have this cable in a 20-foot run and am experiencing drop outs.
I really do feel your pain. The problem is who is actually testing/certifying and will they stand behind their product. Monoprice puts a halographic sticker on theirs and Amazon just says "latest spec". As I said earlier if you have problems upgrade to a better cable.
post #40926 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter01 View Post
Yeah, I have a denon x2300 receiver and I get atmos from the Vudu movies that have it, through arc on the TV. I did have to replace my supposedly high speed hdmi cable with another one, because I couldn't get atmos with it. Cables are really important with 4k atmos.
johnnytex likes this.
post #40927 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I really wish my problems were due to cables (have tried BJC, Monoprice Certified, and Vizio cable). At this point I'm not sure what to do. My Nvidia Shield simply will not reliably handshake with my P55-C1 when subsampling is enabled on HDMI ports 1-3. HDMI port 4 works fine. This started happening right after I received 3.0.12.2 and continues to be a problem w/3.0.13.5. I've contacted Vizio about this but they don't think it's a problem with the HDMI ports since my Roku Ultra works fine on ports 1-3. They say I should talk to Nvidia but I don't see how it could possibly be a problem with the Shield if it's working correctly on port 4. Apparently, I am the only one to report this issue so far. If anyone can shed some light on why this might be happening, or what I can do about it, it would be most appreciated.
post #40928 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
Yeah, I have a denon x2300 receiver and I get atmos from the Vudu movies that have it, through arc on the TV. I did have to replace my supposedly high speed hdmi cable with another one, because I couldn't get atmos with it. Cables are really important with 4k atmos.
What cables did you try? I tried this one at 10ft.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #40929 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
My post was for Kanis_lupus. If you go to Blue Jeans Cables and read about "premium certified" cables, I think that might help with the possible difference between what they mean and the "certified" cable that you have.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #40930 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfucci View Post
I really wish my problems were due to cables (have tried BJC, Monoprice Certified, and Vizio cable). At this point I'm not sure what to do. My Nvidia Shield simply will not reliably handshake with my P55-C1 when subsampling is enabled on HDMI ports 1-3. HDMI port 4 works fine. This started happening right after I received 3.0.12.2 and continues to be a problem w/3.0.13.5. I've contacted Vizio about this but they don't think it's a problem with the HDMI ports since my Roku Ultra works fine on ports 1-3. They say I should talk to Nvidia but I don't see how it could possibly be a problem with the Shield if it's working correctly on port 4. Apparently, I am the only one to report this issue so far. If anyone can shed some light on why this might be happening, or what I can do about it, it would be most appreciated.
My shield works great, but it's fed through my Denon 3200. Denon is not doing the upscale. Do you have an AV receiver? Have you tried changing the Shield HDMI output settings?
post #40931 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I have the 2015 Shield 16GB edition 5.0.2 firmware, and a P65 with 3.0.13.5. The Shield is plugged into HDMI1, works fine with subsampling on or off.

My P65 and Shield didn't get along where it came to subsampling enabled until 3.0.12.2, and has worked fine since that firmware release.
post #40932 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
I really wish my problems were due to cables (have tried BJC, Monoprice Certified, and Vizio cable). At this point I'm not sure what to do. My Nvidia Shield simply will not reliably handshake with my P55-C1 when subsampling is enabled on HDMI ports 1-3. HDMI port 4 works fine. This started happening right after I received 3.0.12.2 and continues to be a problem w/3.0.13.5. Apparently, I am the only one to report this issue so far. If anyone can shed some light on why this might be happening, or what I can do about it, it would be most appreciated.
Are you connecting the SHIELD (and other devices) directly to the P55 or running through an AVR? Which version of the SHIELD is it - the OG 2015 or new 2017?

FWIW, I haven't had any handshake problems with my OG 2015 SHIELD --> Denon X2200W --> P65, but I initially was having static flashes after updating to 3.0.12.2 (haven't received the latest yet) and then entire screen freeze-ups that looked like the attached photo while audio continued which required power cycling the TV until I yanked the power cord and pressed the power button to drain energy a 2nd time; the 1st time fixed the flashing.

While, "I'm not having your problem," in response is the typical Internet useless reply, perhaps my questions and experience will provide an insight for possible diagnosis avenues to explore. These electronics with the various copy-protections are so finicky now. Turning on HDR on my PS4 for The Last of Us Remastered turned the screen pink like a bad handshake on my PS3 with my old TV (three TVs back) and it turned out it was the Denon's 4K scaling being on that caused that glitch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vizio Freeze Screen.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	1970561  

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.2.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X700 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #40933 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer4113 View Post
My shield works great, but it's fed through my Denon 3200. Denon is not doing the upscale. Do you have an AV receiver? Have you tried changing the Shield HDMI output settings?
Nope, it's a direct connection to the TV. I've tried changing output settings on the Shield to no avail. The handshaking dropouts are less frequent at lower bandwidth settings but are not eliminated. This made me think that it had something to do with the cables which is why I was super-surprised to find out that HDMI 4 works fine regardless of which cable I use.
post #40934 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzarias View Post
Vizio support asked me to perform a Factory Reset and see if the problem was fixed. I had my doubts, as I had no issues with ARC under 3.0.12.2. I went ahead and did the Factory Reset, and the issue remains.
Similar Problem...
I had ARC audio working well with 3.0.12? version to a Denon X3300W after changing Vizio Audio settings to Speaker=Off and Digital Audio Out=Bitstream. Received update to 3.0.13.5 about a week ago and I am now back to popping, cutouts and other artifacts on the ARC channel which is nearly identical to when the previous settings were at the "Auto" values.
I have worked with Vizio, tried different HDMI cables and reset to factory defaults. So far they are unable to resolve the issue and have suggested using a fiber connection for the audio or a different receiver or a soundbar. This all worked fine before the firmware update.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
post #40935 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
Are you connecting the SHIELD (and other devices) directly to the P55 or running through an AVR? Which version of the SHIELD is it - the OG 2015 or new 2017?

FWIW, I haven't had any handshake problems with my OG 2015 SHIELD --> Denon X2200W --> P65, but I initially was having static flashes after updating to 3.0.12.2 (haven't received the latest yet) and then entire screen freeze-ups that looked like the attached photo while audio continued which required power cycling the TV until I yanked the power cord and pressed the power button to drain energy a 2nd time; the 1st time fixed the flashing.

While, "I'm not having your problem," in response is the typical Internet useless reply, perhaps my questions and experience will provide an insight for possible diagnosis avenues to explore. These electronics with the various copy-protections are so finicky now. Turning on HDR on my PS4 for The Last of Us Remastered turned the screen pink like a bad handshake on my PS3 with my old TV (three TVs back) and it turned out it was the Denon's 4K scaling being on that caused that glitch.
It's a 2015 Shield connected directly to the display. Subsampling was working on all HDMI ports w/ 3.0.10.7. The problems started immediately after receiving 3.0.12.2. Vizio says that the firmware was installed without issue according to their logs and that it's not possible for the firmware to have corrupted (or affected) only certain HDMI ports. I'm not sure if I believe that, though.

Last edited by mfucci; 02-15-2017 at 04:23 PM.
post #40936 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankIt View Post
Similar Problem...
I had ARC audio working well with 3.0.12? version to a Denon X3300W after changing Vizio Audio settings to Speaker=Off and Digital Audio Out=Bitstream. Received update to 3.0.13.5 about a week ago and I am now back to popping, cutouts and other artifacts on the ARC channel which is nearly identical to when the previous settings were at the "Auto" values.
I have worked with Vizio, tried different HDMI cables and reset to factory defaults. So far they are unable to resolve the issue and have suggested using a fiber connection for the audio or a different receiver or a soundbar. This all worked fine before the firmware update.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Your experience with Vizio support matches mine. I let them know that ARC was broken prior to 3.0.12.2, worked with 3.0.12.2, then back to broken with 3.0.13.5. Nothing else in my setup changed. In my case, the support person assigned to the case indicated that it was likely due to something that changed in the firmware push, and that they would get the information in my ticket over to the firmware dev team for further review.
post #40937 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzarias View Post
Your experience with Vizio support matches mine. I let them know that ARC was broken prior to 3.0.12.2, worked with 3.0.12.2, then back to broken with 3.0.13.5. Nothing else in my setup changed. In my case, the support person assigned to the case indicated that it was likely due to something that changed in the firmware push, and that they would get the information in my ticket over to the firmware dev team for further review.
Have you had any luck with a workaround? Setting Digital Audio Out=Dolby D gives the same result. PCM is clean but downmixes everything to stereo. Unfortunately this seems to be my only option for now.
post #40938 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankIt View Post
Have you had any luck with a workaround? Setting Digital Audio Out=Dolby D gives the same result. PCM is clean but downmixes everything to stereo. Unfortunately this seems to be my only option for now.
Same results for me. I don't know of any workarounds, aside from resorting to optical? But as I have no optical cables, I have no way of confirming it would work.
post #40939 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 06:10 PM

Just purchased the p series and noticed clouding. When active led is off its pretty bad but when it's on i still notice it a little unless I turn the back lighting below 4. Is this normal? I tested it using YouTube HD black screen.
post #40940 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 06:25 PM

Liked: 13
Ok, so this tv does not support hdr via YouTube while casting. My Xbox One S YouTube app doesn't seem to support hdr either. Is there going to be an update to the tv in the future that has hdr YouTube casting?
post #40941 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotnick View Post
I don't think ARC even supports 5.1 AAC (nor do most receivers), so the TV would have to convert it to 5.1 DD or 2 channel PCM.
I've been using the Plex profile in my signature for awhile and it's worked well for me, but I'm testing out to see how well it works without it. Only tested DD and DD+ so far, but both seem fine.
I just tried your profile and casting local content on my computer from the tablet still only sends sound as stereo. What could the issue be? My sound bar is connected via hdmi-arc.

Did a little more testing, and it seems if the MKV file shows up as DTS 5.1 in plex, it only gets sent as stereo. MKVs encoded as Dolby Digital works as is.
Bevmo likes this.

Last edited by hydroponik; 02-15-2017 at 07:00 PM.
post #40942 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Turn Tablet Into Universal Remote?

ABF delivered my 65" P series today. Since I intend to wall mount it, it may be this weekend before I can recruit several sufficiently strong friends to help me get it on the wall. In the meantime I unpacked it enough to get the tablet out and put it on the charger.

The tablet feels as well made as the Apple gadgets I'm inclined to buy. Pardon me if I am asking something that has already been answered in this massive thread, but I know absolutely nothing about Android, other than it is a mobile device OS. Is it possible to download an app that will allow the tablet to function as a full featured universal remote control? In my use I would need some sort of device that could convert the commands from the tablet to IR, and I am not sure such a gadget is even made. I really like my Harmony One, but it is many years old and isn't going to last forever. I realize the tablet would have no hard buttons (desired by many) but I can deal with on screen buttons, so long as they are predictably responsive.

This may be a stupid question, but I have always figured if I don't know the answer it is not a stupid question for me.

MIKE

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
--H. L. Mencken
post #40943 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post

Notice the curves banding around the light. Looks like pixels from a crappy Signal.
I seem to only see it around lights in darker scenes. Movie is green room, time stamp is 29:02 i think it starts a second or two before that.

The more I look at it I think it may be compression artifacts that are just made more visible but the lighting difference. I don't think I have ever seen it when actually watching a blu ray or uhd disc.
Just checked this on my setup (streaming from SHIELD) and I have the banding in the smoke. I also look at it on my phone and the banding is there as well. Sure seems like an overcompressed source. This is why streaming shouldn't be replacing properly mastered physical media.

Posted by sheer force of will from my Nexus 6P!

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.2.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X700 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #40944 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
HDMI 5 flickering with PS3

So I decided to hook up my PS3 to see how this handles gaming, and there is constant flickering on the HDMI 5 input (see youtube link). If i switch to another port, it is fine. Is there something wrong with the port or my settings?

post #40945 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Liked: 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
OK this whole thing is off topic. BUT....

The reason I got upset is because you are telling people that a smaller TV will be the exact same thing as a larger one, if they sit closer. All you are basing it on is the screen filling your peripheral vision. Yes, that equation shows that the tv will fill your peripheral vision the same amount, if you sit closer.

You forget that the size of the images on the screen are constant, regardless of where you are looking at them from. In your house, you have frame of reference objects, like your walls, speakers, TV stand etc and your brain can determine the size of an object, regardless of how far or close you are. If a person is standing in the spot that the TV is in, I can tell how tall or big they are, regardless of how close I am to them. Our brains are good like that. So when a larger TV has a life size person on the screen, you can tell how big the object is and you can tell it's bigger than whats on a smaller TV. The hobbit example you gave, works, because there is no frame of reference to the image size, our brains have nothing to compare it to, its an illusion. On top of that, people with a home theater want the theater feel and that comes from watching a large screen from a further distance.

You are telling people they won't be losing anything by buying a smaller screen and that is 100% wrong. The way an image looks on a larger screen and even the movie theater feel that you lose all contribute on top of many other visual factors. Simply saying something fills your peripheral the same is just ONE factor and small one at that. There is no way watching a 40" TV closer than a 65+" TV will give you even remotely the same visual/viewing experience than a larger screen. I have actually compared the two, thinking if I moved the viewing area much closer I could get away with a 55" and I was completely wrong, it's not the same thing regardless of viewing area. Yes, it helps to sit closer to a smaller TV, but does not replace the screen size.
I knew I was missing something from my viewing experience. Next time I'll have my girlfriend or daughter stand next to the display while viewing content. To think this whole time I had no perspective of the size of the content objects to that of real live objects. My priorities were in the wrong place. Thanks for the tip broski.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
DirkBelig likes this.
post #40946 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Ok here is the issue with cables. Before 4k/hdr there really was never enough bandwidth to cause problems. But now with everything being so much higher the cable you buy actually matters, and it matters on 2 fronts. While premium certified should tech be enough , it doesn't always work out that way.
If you bought that cable you have 10 times it is possible for 5 of them to work perfect and 5 of them not to. Because the signal is pushing real near the limits of the cables. Outside of that things in the handshake between devices (EDID, HDCP) cause issues as well. Certain cables have worked better than others just depending on what device they are connected to.

Now to your issue. You say it isn't cheap to change cables because you need 20foot cables. So are you saying you have multiple devices hooked to the tv via several 20ft cables? The problem is that HDMI is normally set to run at 6ft. So while some devices can pass a device 20ft on those cables it is very possible that other devices lose just enough signal on them to cause black outs.

Next topic. Assuming you have multiple 20ft cables running to your tv, and you are only getting drop outs with one then why would you have to replace every cable? Just get 1 20ft blue jeans cable for that device. But keep in mind while that may fix the issue it isn't guarenteed. Since once again these devices were made to transmit a signal 6ft not 20.

1 Last which HDMI port do you have the the shield connected to and what firmware are you on?
2 Also do you have an AVR hooked up at all?
3 If you don't have any AVR hooked up then make sure ARC is turned off.
(added numbers to your questions for reference)
1) I originally was using HDMI 1, Subsampling on, now it's on HDMI 2. Was experiencing this with 3.0.1.12, although I just got the new firmware and it continues (although feels less frequent)
2) Yes, but the shield is directly connected via the certified cable and I'm running an optical back to the AVR for audio only.
3) ARC is off completely, HDMI is actually not plugged into anything.

What really puzzles me (and pisses me off) is that the shield was working fine previously, and nothing has really changed to cause these issues. Now I also seem to have a new problem with the new firmware - HDR no longer shows as on when watching Amazon Prime! FML.
post #40947 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
(added numbers to your questions for reference)

1) I originally was using HDMI 1, Subsampling on, now it's on HDMI 2. Was experiencing this with 3.0.1.12, although I just got the new firmware and it continues (although feels less frequent)

2) Yes, but the shield is directly connected via the certified cable and I'm running an optical back to the AVR for audio only.

3) ARC is off completely, HDMI is actually not plugged into anything.

What really puzzles me (and pisses me off) is that the shield was working fine previously, and nothing has really changed to cause these issues. Now I also seem to have a new problem with the new firmware - HDR no longer shows as on when watching Amazon Prime! FML.

Just an fyi, to get hdr to work on Amazon you must start the show from the uhd menu on Amazon other wise the show will play without hdr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce Richwine likes this.
post #40948 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2048 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Active Firmware 3.0.13.5 Links now over here in Post Number 1 Update.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #40949 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Just an fyi, to get hdr to work on Amazon you must start the show from the uhd menu on Amazon other wise the show will play without hdr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No that wasn't it. I was starting the show from the exact same spot as always.

What did bring back HDR, was to change the colour space to 4:2:2 from Rec.709 to Rec.2020.
Previously Rec.2020 didn't work with firmware xx.12, not even once. With 2020 the HDR sign is back and dropouts are at an all time high. I *was* definitely getting HDR on .709 prior to this new firmware, but that seems to have gone away.

My only hope is that I carved out a good niche for my TV mount behind the TV, and I could possibly just connect the shield behind it as it's small enough and controlled via bluetooth. That solution will ultimately fail for future HDR devices as they won't be as convenient.

Last edited by razrsharp; 02-15-2017 at 08:27 PM.
post #40950 of 64317 Old 02-15-2017, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I had this TV a few months back and returned it because color issues and input lag for HDR. I'm considering giving this TV another shot. My question is can anyone confirm if this TV will switch settings automatically between HDR and non HDR for games? Or do you have to switch settings based if the content is HDR or non HDR?

For example on the KS8000 in game mode if you load a game that is HDR you have to manually go in and change the backlight to max. Then when exit the game it goes non HDR and the backlight light is still at max and is blinding.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page