Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1376 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288702Likes

post #41251 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeronetFi View Post
I have noticed in the past month that YouTube Videos are only coming through in Stereo now Not sure if this is because of the Cast update or if Google changed it that this now only works with the Chromecast. I tried searching the G for this but only come up with Chromecast Ultra results :P Anyone have the 411 on why our TV's no longer provide Dolby Pro Logic II from Youtube casting?
Youtube does not have surround sound. If you are getting it through Chromecast then your AVR is simulating that.
mpgxsvcd and NeronetFi like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41252 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2969 Post(s)
Liked: 2627
Got my second P75 and at first glance it does appear to be flawless. I haven't inspected it with a fine toothed comb yet but it doesn't have the split screen effect like the last one did or the wireless issues that the first one developed. Everything just worked perfectly out of the box. DSE is there but I must say perhaps a little less than the other two. It appears that this one could be a new build as opposed to the last one that I received which was a refurb with glaring defects.

I am still on the current official firmware since this P75 is not on the beta list yet. Hopefully @Matt McRae will add serial number LTMATKBS3450070 to the Beta list so I can try out the new firmware as well.

Glad that I can finally get back to watching movies with my daughter. It was a bumpy road but at least I have a working TV now. Maybe I can finally do that Video Games review I have always wanted to do. Unless I just jinxed myself by mentioning that.
post #41253 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5739 Post(s)
Liked: 3835
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Got my second P75 and at first glance it does appear to be flawless. I haven't inspected it with a fine toothed comb yet but it doesn't have the split screen effect like the last one did or the wireless issues that the first one developed. Everything just worked perfectly out of the box. DSE is there but I must say perhaps a little less than the other two. It appears that this one could be a new build as opposed to the last one that I received which was a refurb with glaring defects.

I am still on the current official firmware since this P75 is not on the beta list yet. Hopefully @Matt McRae will add serial number LTMATKBS3450070 to the Beta list so I can try out the new firmware as well.

Glad that I can finally get back to watching movies with my daughter. It was a bumpy road but at least I have a working TV now. Maybe I can finally do that Video Games review I have always wanted to do. Unless I just jinxed myself by mentioning that.
Finally!

...sent from my Axon7 using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41254 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1934 Post(s)
Liked: 1160
Quote:

Hell yeah, back in the game.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #41255 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpcz View Post
I just got the 3.0.14.0 update on my P50 (i'm in the beta list). Also, my vizio tablet got an update as well, but, not sure what new features it has since it still booting, maybe it is android 6.

Edit: confirmed! The tablet just received android 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whaaaaaattttt

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
post #41256 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpcz View Post
I just got the 3.0.14.0 update on my P50 (i'm in the beta list). Also, my vizio tablet got an update as well, but, not sure what new features it has since it still booting, maybe it is android 6.

Edit: confirmed! The tablet just received android 6.0.1.

Took long enough for the tablet!

Of course mine still hasn't seen it. So stupid that it's rolled out so slowly. My phone's aren't that way and it's never an issue.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+

Last edited by shoman94; 02-23-2017 at 02:36 PM.
post #41257 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp300 View Post
I recently purchased a Vizio P65-C1. I've had no issues when using the display, however, when the display is powered off, it periodically makes a very loud "chime" sound through the internal speakers, several times a day, seemingly at random. I reset the display to factory defaults, then disabled the internal speakers through the Settings menu, but this has not solved the issue. The only device connected to the display is a Yamaha TSR-7790 via HDMI-1, which is also powered off when the chime occurs. I've searched the manual, Google, and this thread, but haven't found any answers (possibly because the search terms are too generic).

Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated. If I can't figure it out, my wife wants the TV to go back to the store.
I too have a random chime/beep sound every 3-5 minutes and its driving me nuts...although mine happens while the display is powered up.

Anyone else have this issue?

post #41258 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Youtube does not have surround sound. If you are getting it through Chromecast then your AVR is simulating that.
It use to trigger Dolby Pro Logic through my AVR when I would cast youtube to it. If you look at my original post I had quoted, I said that I hope Google implements the Dolby Pro Logic II algorithm into Google Play Music as well. So at one time it did

Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570
post #41259 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It use to trigger Dolby Pro Logic through my AVR when I would cast youtube to it. If you look at my original post I had quoted, I said that I hope Google implements the Dolby Pro Logic II algorithm into Google Play Music as well. So at one time it did
To be honest I didn't even think it was possible to "trigger" Pro Logic II. Since Pro Logic II is just an AVR taking a stereo signal and converting it to surround I don't understand how youtube could trigger your receiver to use it. In fact I would not even want that as a feature, since it would mean I didn't have the option of listening to the audio in its true form.

If you put your avr in Dolby Pro Logic II mode your Youtube will have Pro Logic II surround. If your Avr is not set for it then it won't.
post #41260 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To be honest I didn't even think it was possible to "trigger" Pro Logic II. Since Pro Logic II is just an AVR taking a stereo signal and converting it to surround I don't understand how youtube could trigger your receiver to use it. In fact I would not even want that as a feature, since it would mean I didn't have the option of listening to the audio in its true form.

If you put your avr in Dolby Pro Logic II mode your Youtube will have Pro Logic II surround. If your Avr is not set for it then it won't.
I don't think it's possible either.

NeronetFi likes this.

post #41261 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:

I don't remember ever changing the settings. I just cast youtube and set my AVR to DPLII then switch to netflix and it changed to DD+, I switch to Youtube Music and that came through in DPLII. I know that before I didn't get DPLII on youtube music. Not sure, but thank you for your input Shortyg83

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570
post #41262 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

I understand it to work this way as well. Many moons ago, when I first got a receiver that supported this, I recall reading that the idea was to give the user the option to take a stereo input and permit the receiver to process it in a way which simulates surround sound.

I thought it did a decent job of isolating dialog on stereo tracks from my VCR back in the day, so that the center channel speaker in a 3.1 or 5.1 setup produced the dialog.

I remember having to set the receiver to perform the processing, it wasn't triggered by the source device.
NeronetFi likes this.
post #41263 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 03:05 PM

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me :P But I do know for sure that YT Music wouldn't come through in surround so I would always switch to regular youtube and watch Music vids that I enjoyed to fill the room with the music, more then just stereo :P Thank you everyone b/c I know now that I can at least turn on DLPII while casting youtube and Netflix will still come through in DD+ I have my surround music back and I enjoy it. Thank you again

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570
post #41264 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 03:50 PM

My P55 will not stay on the Xbox input. It keeps switching back to the cast screen. This is getting infuriating.

post #41265 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
A few quick observations...HDR looks excellent, LG Chess demo really pops. DV test of Cosmos Laundromat sees the same, a bit more pop in the image. Not sure if the clipping issue in DV has been resolved, after the firmware update it set BL to 50 even though I had it at 40. Signal sync seems a bit quicker now. White subtitles on a low level image still causes the screen to dim. Going to try & switch between different refresh rates to see if I can trigger the green line at the top of the image. Will also double check Atmos on VUDU. Continuing to monitor the backlight for latency issues.
post #41266 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me :P But I do know for sure that YT Music wouldn't come through in surround so I would always switch to regular youtube and watch Music vids that I enjoyed to fill the room with the music, more then just stereo :P Thank you everyone b/c I know now that I can at least turn on DLPII while casting youtube and Netflix will still come through in DD+ I have my surround music back and I enjoy it. Thank you again
Just an FYI. Depending on your receiver, there are settings that will use Pro Logic II only when actual Surround sound is not present.
I assume you accidently changed this setting. What Model Receiver do you have?
post #41267 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srycantthnkof1 View Post
My P55 will not stay on the Xbox input. It keeps switching back to the cast screen. This is getting infuriating.

Do you have an app open on the tablet that is still casting? VUDU seems to do this often if you leave it open on the tablet.
Anago and Srycantthnkof1 like this.
post #41268 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Just an FYI. Depending on your receiver, there are settings that will use Pro Logic II only when actual Surround sound is not present.
I assume you accidently changed this setting. What Model Receiver do you have?
Denon AVR-X1100 ☺️. If I set DPL II while casting YouTube, it save this but does DD+ on Netflix ☺️

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570

Last edited by NeronetFi; 02-23-2017 at 05:10 PM.
post #41269 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholthaus View Post
Do you have an app open on the tablet that is still casting? VUDU seems to do this often if you leave it open on the tablet.
Dammit that was it. Lol

blatz8 and mcholthaus like this.
post #41270 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

Welcome back...
mpgxsvcd and Mattopotamus like this.
post #41271 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 25
SmartCast app on iPhone is still broke with 3.0.14.0. Also updated the app on my phone tonight. . Still have to re pair my tv every few minutes...

And by re pair I mean I have to delete my tv from the app and run the device set up again. Takes several several minutes to complete each time.

Last edited by GCM707; 02-23-2017 at 07:01 PM.
post #41272 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM707 View Post
SmartCast app on iPhone is still broke with 3.0.14.0. Also updated the app on my phone tonight. . Still have to re pair my tv every few minutes...

And by re pair I mean I have to delete my tv from the app and run the device set up again. Takes several several minutes to complete each time.

I've been using the iPhone app all night, and I'm not have any issues with my P65 on 3.0.14.0 and the updated (today) iPhone app.
shoman94 likes this.
post #41273 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:

Glad to hear you finally got a working P75!

You mention DSE -- for some reason tonight I made the mistake of the looking at the 10 IRE gray field test pattern. Holy crap what a uniformity disaster. Oh well -- at least it doesn't manifest in normal viewing, and thank god I don't have noticeable banding from my viewing position. I guess it's all about what anomalies you're willing to live with. I'm just not big on playing the panel lottery at this late date, especially since everything else on my set has been solid (knock on wood). I suppose I have my extended warranty to fall back on should things really go to hell...

Anyway, sorry to hijack your post -- glad you're back in the game and here's hoping that your current set does well over the long haul!
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #41274 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 4241
It is just wishful thinking, or am I now seeing improved Active Backlight timing on my P50 with 24hz material with the new (beta?) firmware 3.0.14.0?

If not, please don't tell me - I would rather be happy in ignorance. Everything looking and working great on this end!
post #41275 of 64686 Old 02-23-2017, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
It is just wishful thinking, or am I now seeing improved Active Backlight timing on my P50 with 24hz material with the new (beta?) firmware 3.0.14.0?

If not, please don't tell me - I would rather be happy in ignorance. Everything looking and working great on this end!
Im sure its possible, but sadly until someone tells us what was changed we can only guess.
But Placebos work just as good as real results so maybe just keep believing and don't check back just in case lol.
My tv just got the update and I sware I can see a difference, but I can't tell if I would have noticed the difference it didn't say my firmware was just updated when I turned it on.
post #41276 of 64686 Old 02-24-2017, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Still seeing some latency on FALD during some scene changes, especially when the image has a lot of one color, example, when a blue sky occupies a large portion of the screen. This was during playback of 24Hz material. Really didn't notice any issues at higher refresh rates. Also white subtitles on a low IRE scene still dims the entire image.
post #41277 of 64686 Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 963 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
You mention DSE -- for some reason tonight I made the mistake of the looking at the 10 IRE gray field test pattern. Holy crap what a uniformity disaster. Oh well -- at least it doesn't manifest in normal viewing, and thank god I don't have noticeable banding from my viewing position.

I'm starting to become less and less ok with the DSE present on my P75. I see it all the time and it's probably just a mind trick but I swear it's getting worse. That's the only issue I have right now. Argh.
mpgxsvcd likes this.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #41278 of 64686 Old 02-24-2017, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2969 Post(s)
Liked: 2627
Has anyone been able to get the Chromecast Ultra to play youtube HDR properly lately. I tried straight into the receiver and I still couldn't get it to work. I might have to try a different input on the receiver though. I think only a few of them actually support HDR.

HDR worked perfectly with the Chromecast Ultra directly into the TV when I first got it. It doesn't work at all now.
post #41279 of 64686 Old 02-24-2017, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6997 Post(s)
Liked: 7067
Quote:
Has anyone been able to get the Chromecast Ultra to play youtube HDR properly lately. I tried straight into the receiver and I still couldn't get it to work. I might have to try a different input on the receiver though. I think only a few of them actually support HDR.

HDR worked perfectly with the Chromecast Ultra directly into the TV when I first got it. It doesn't work at all now.

I think there are a "few" issues with CU and P series. Supposedly Google is working on a fix (it's been posted about a couple times here).

mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #41280 of 64686 Old 02-24-2017, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
I'm starting to become less and less ok with the DSE present on my P75. I see it all the time and it's probably just a mind trick but I swear it's getting worse. That's the only issue I have right now. Argh.
I'm the same way about the non-uniformity. I can go months without thinking about it and then something will spur me to display a test pattern and I wind up pissed off. Like you, that's the only issue I have, so I'll live with it, but yeah...argh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page