Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1378 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288563Likes

post #41311 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
No it only needed the SOC to decode it... Not pass it.
Now they are saying it can be decoded via software.

...sent from my Axon7 using Tapatalk
I just hope they figure something out so AVRS can do passthrough without a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41312 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5156 Post(s)
Liked: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
I know it's fairly common, and it's a minor thing compared to all the other issues we discuss here almost daily, but I'm wondering just how many of you have had the charging cradle for your Vizio Tablet crap out?
Mine stopped charging the tablet a few days ago, so I contacted Vizio support about it. they told me they would send me packing materials and I could return the cradle AND tablet. Once they received it, they would ship out a replacement. The entire process would take two weeks or so, during which time I'd be without a tablet to control the display with (Yes, I could use my iPhone, but it sometimes doesn't connect, and I'm not the only ones who uses the tablet to cast). I'm one of the few who actually prefers using the tablet, as opposed to my phone. not to mention, I just picked up an E40-D0 to use as a PC monitor replacement, so my tablet is doing double-duty now.
I tried to explain that there was nothing wrong with the tablet itself (it charges fine when bypassing the cradle), but the support rep said they cannot just send out a replacement cradle (which seems like a wasteful business practice). After the issues i had getting the tablet to sync after my first P75 was repaired, then replaced, I'm reluctant to give up a working tablet, just for the convenience of the charging cradle.
I've been lucky here so far. No issues on the tablet or the cradle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
Here we go again: Watching a local file with Kodi on the SHIELD and paused for a few minutes and the screen froze and static lines flickering. Switching to Cast input has screensaver, switching back to AVR input is still frozen and have to restart TV.

Continue watching movie and like clockwork the picture freezes or blanks out momentarily every 53 seconds. Switch over to Live Channels for OTA viewing and it's doing the same, though perhaps taking 55 seconds. (Trying to watch stuff and hit the lap button on the stopwatch is multi-tasking.) Rebooted the SHIELD during a commercial break and within 20 seconds of getting back into Live Channels, the picture froze requiring restarting the TV.
I use a NAS with the Hdhomerun Grey app all the time. It's my main streamer. Record a ton of shows too.
Have you tried new cables?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, XBox One & (X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #41313 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
Quote:

Yeah, they're giving out firmware binaries. I assume it's easier to go with a dedicated SOC, but cheaper going the SDK route, no additional silicon and PCB board. It's a lot of code work though.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41314 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by XlKlonelx View Post
The purple bar has been randomly happening to me since I got it. I tried to see if the receiver was part of the problem, but didn't spend enough time on it to figure it out. Instead I programmed a sequence on my harmony to turn the hdmi output off and on from the AVR, which re-syncs it and fixes the issue.

I received the purple light strip across the top of the screen for the first time since owning the P55. It's like the green line I would get from Xbox one s but this time it was purple and through the 2017 Nvidia Shield when I started it up. Haven't seen it again on anything else though. I have the latest firmware that just released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #41315 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
I just got a Roku Premier+ which supposedly supports 4K & HDR. I mainly got it to replace my Gen3 AppleTV so I can run Plex and not have to transcode everything to M4V. I haven't played a lot with it yet, but this seems like a good thing to test. Can you send me a link to a specific YT video so we're comparing Apples to Apples?

There's a DSE blob almost dead center. I can see it in pretty much all content if there's panning of any kind, regardless of background color. Obviously it shows up the best (worst) on light backgrounds. Pictures of DSE are kinda hard to take, but I tried anyway.

DSE Picture

(Short DSE Video - sideways, but you can still see the DSE.)

DSE short video clip

I just don't know what to do about it...it's taking away from my enjoyment of the most expensive display I've ever purchased.
I've exactly the same experience here...right in the middle too! Hopefully my replacement will be better. The brightness/sharpness/colors have been fantastic.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #41316 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Oh btw,. My brother in-law just bought a p65 so I'll have that one to Calibrate as well.

Hi, can you elaborate on what you mean by calibrate? I assume you mean adjusting settings and I've read through many threads about obtaining the best settings, but am I the only P Series owner who has not changed any setting yet? I've been looking for a TV that I wouldn't have to "tinker" with until later down the road, but this TV has looked amazing right out of the box!

Anyone else? The LGs, Sony, and SAMSUNG I tried, all edge-lit needing adjustment straight out the box, but this TV looks righteous, knock on wood.

5/4a775ea729cd71291e417c625c5e1356.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
post #41317 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 211
My P65 got 3.0.14.0 today and the analog audio out volume control issue has been fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbroome View Post
@Matt McRae ,

Can we please have a way to officially report bugs for these betas and then get feedback for which ones are and are not fixed in follow-up releases?

The issue I reported below may not be a big deal for many, but it is for me and Vizio already broke and then corrected this exact behavior in the Dec/Jan betas. It re-broke in 3.0.13.5 and since there is no way to officially report bugs and the what was beta 3.0.13.5 is now production, I can only assume this will remain broken.
Ph8te, shoman94 and vulsker like this.

Vizio P65-C1
post #41318 of 64353 Old 02-24-2017, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatz8 View Post
Hi, can you elaborate on what you mean by calibrate? I assume you mean adjusting settings and I've read through many threads about obtaining the best settings, but am I the only P Series owner who has not changed any setting yet? I've been looking for a TV that I wouldn't have to "tinker" with until later down the road, but this TV has looked amazing right out of the box!

Anyone else? The LGs, Sony, and SAMSUNG I tried, all edge-lit needing adjustment straight out the box, but this TV looks righteous, knock on wood.

post #41319 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
No idea. I have everything running through the AVR as I've been able to do since last April because my previous 2015 M60-C3 never had anything like this happen. All the freezing began with the arrival of the P65 three weeks ago.

Quote:
I've been lucky here so far. No issues on the tablet or the cradle.

I use a NAS with the Hdhomerun Grey app all the time. It's my main streamer. Record a ton of shows too.
Have you tried new cables?

I can say with authority that this problem is not related to an AVR or cables, because I'm using neither and I have this problem regularly. Dirk and I have commiserated about this bitch of a glitch. I wish I knew what triggers the issue to present itself because it doesn't happen every time I watch the TV. For example I watched the last third of a movie last night and then a show in Dolby Vision and both displayed flawlessly.

I think the TV knows it's on the chopping block and it's trying to behave itself enough to instill enough hope in me that I will keep it. I think they installed a SOC to detect rage.

In all seriousness, how many others have experienced this 53 second interval screen freeze/glitch? Any other P65 owners or any other sizes? I'd love to get a sense of how common this issue is and if there are any commonalities among those affected.
post #41320 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 628
So I finally got around to hooking everything up to my P65-C1 last night. Unfortunately, I'm not getting any sound at all on my Denon x1100 via ARC. Doesn't matter if it's an input or being casted. I've doubled checked every setting I could think of in regards to settings on both the AVR and the Vizio. Turning on the Vizio will power on the AVR and the volume buttons on the tablet will adjust volume on the AVR.

Only thing I haven't done is swap HDMI cables, and I have a few coming today. I do have a certified HDMI cable currently that supposedly supports ARC. I did test this cable with both the PS4 Pro and Roku Premiere+, which both detected as being able to pass up to 4k/60/HDR. I never experienced any drop outs with either device.

Am I simply going crazy and forgetting something? Searching this thread didn't return any results.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #41321 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
So I finally got around to hooking everything up to my P65-C1 last night. Unfortunately, I'm not getting any sound at all on my Denon x1100 via ARC. Doesn't matter if it's an input or being casted. I've doubled checked every setting I could think of in regards to settings on both the AVR and the Vizio. Turning on the Vizio will power on the AVR and the volume buttons on the tablet will adjust volume on the AVR.

Only thing I haven't done is swap HDMI cables, and I have a few coming today. I do have a certified HDMI cable currently that supposedly supports ARC. I did test this cable with both the PS4 Pro and Roku Premiere+, which both detected as being able to pass up to 4k/60/HDR. I never experienced any drop outs with either device.

Am I simply going crazy and forgetting something? Searching this thread didn't return any results.
This may be a silly question, but are you setting the Denon input to TV Audio? I have the Denon x1200w and that is the input name so I would assume it is the same.

Vizio P55-C1 | Denon AVR-X1200W
[5] DefTech ProMonitor 1000s | ProCenter 2000 | SR-8040BPs [.1] SVS PB1000 [.2] Micca R-8C
Nvidia Shield | Zidoo X9S | Popcorn Hour VTEN
post #41322 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
It is just wishful thinking, or am I now seeing improved Active Backlight timing on my P50 with 24hz material with the new (beta?) firmware 3.0.14.0?

If not, please don't tell me - I would rather be happy in ignorance. Everything looking and working great on this end!
I had been away from the forums for a couple weeks and hadn't even heard a new beta was in the works nor had I checked the version in the app menu. So I go to watch a movie last night (all lights off) and begin to notice the depth on the black bars being better than usual. I chalk it up to something unique with the movie and continue on. About halfway through the movie, I begin scratching my head about it, and I actually fire up another movie and flip through a few scenes including the credits. Its at this point that I begin thinking my mind isn't playing tricks on me and that a new f/w must've been loaded the night or two prior. So I grab my phone, load the app, and sure enough, I'm at 3.0.14.0

Moral of the story: It's not wishful thinking on your part. Something definitely changed for the better with the backlighting algorithm to produce deeper blacks. Let's just hope they don't regress from this like they did with 2.2.7.4
DaverJ likes this.
post #41323 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatz8 View Post

Yeah, just use one of the calibrated modes and turn off the usual picture processing options. I set Gamma to 2.2, turned color up a few points, set backlight to around 60. The picture looks absolutely fantastic!! I find myself wanting to watch some things on the P65, over my new LG OLED. Granted the oled is 55" compared to the 65", so for movies it is much more fun to watch on the bigger screen, even though I sit much closer with the 55". But....I find the brighter scenes are more vibrant on the P65, could be more light output from the bigger screen, but the fact I am comparing an led to an oled, says how amazing this set can be.

Don't copy any of the settings people post on here or on any sites. It will most likely make the picture worse(I use to do that with tvs in the past and it never helped). Chances of improving the picture are very small and very high you will mess it up. The people who calibrate this tv are looking for a bit more accuracy. I find it more of a hobby for people, than anything to worry about for 99% of people. You won't enjoy whatever you are watching any more. TVs in the past did benefit much more from calibrations, but the TVs now are coming with presets that can get you 95% there.
blatz8 likes this.
post #41324 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
I know it's fairly common, and it's a minor thing compared to all the other issues we discuss here almost daily, but I'm wondering just how many of you have had the charging cradle for your Vizio Tablet crap out?
Mine stopped charging the tablet a few days ago, so I contacted Vizio support about it. they told me they would send me packing materials and I could return the cradle AND tablet. Once they received it, they would ship out a replacement. The entire process would take two weeks or so, during which time I'd be without a tablet to control the display with (Yes, I could use my iPhone, but it sometimes doesn't connect, and I'm not the only ones who uses the tablet to cast). I'm one of the few who actually prefers using the tablet, as opposed to my phone. not to mention, I just picked up an E40-D0 to use as a PC monitor replacement, so my tablet is doing double-duty now.
I tried to explain that there was nothing wrong with the tablet itself (it charges fine when bypassing the cradle), but the support rep said they cannot just send out a replacement cradle (which seems like a wasteful business practice). After the issues i had getting the tablet to sync after my first P75 was repaired, then replaced, I'm reluctant to give up a working tablet, just for the convenience of the charging cradle.
Same thing happened to me. Took 2 weeks. Luckily my iPhone works great.
post #41325 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpcz View Post
I just got the 3.0.14.0 update on my P50 (i'm in the beta list). Also, my vizio tablet got an update as well, but, not sure what new features it has since it's still booting, maybe it is android 6.

Edit: confirmed! The tablet just received android 6.0.1.

Has anyone else gotten a tablet upgrade to Marshmallow...or is this bull$h!t?
C0pp3r likes this.
post #41326 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:

I think a lot of people including some vocal AV experts just assumed an SOC was needed because that was the only implementation/option for a while.

The possibility of decoding DV in software was always there and was even mentioned in the original white paper from Dolby.

Here is also a quote from Matt himself several months ago:

Quote:
There is no DV chip... DolbyVision is a format + processing/mapping SW. It was up to VIZIO to build a system to handle the processing requirements (and the backlight, color filters etc to create a display that could achieve the quality possible by DV). We worked with Dolby for nearly 3 years on doing it right... a lot of the TV system had to be redefined or reinvented by VIZIO to achieve what the format was capable of... however there are usually hardware dependencies because the level of processing is absolutely massive (so we designed a special block in our SoC to offload this).
Anyway, I'm glad to see this finally happen! I think it will make a big difference in wider adoption of DV!
Brandon B and shoman94 like this.
post #41327 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey Guys,
I have had a P-50 for about 3 months now, everything is perfect except for one thing. Every time a turn the TV on, the Vizio logo pulsates a lot. Like if the backlight is flashing. But that is it, after the Vizio logo disappears and I get the image of whatever I am watching, everything works fine.
Does anybody else have this issue? I am pretty sure it started with one of the firmware updates, I have done a few factory resets but the problem persists.
post #41328 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by movd View Post
This may be a silly question, but are you setting the Denon input to TV Audio? I have the Denon x1200w and that is the input name so I would assume it is the same.
I am. It automatically goes into TV Audio. Just no audio. No clicks, pops or squirrel noises. Very strange.

Admittedly, this is my first time ever using ARC for anything, but feel it shouldn't be this complicated. I may be missing something.

post #41329 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
I am. It automatically goes into TV Audio. Just no audio. No clicks, pops or squirrel noises. Very strange.

Admittedly, this is my first time ever using ARC for anything, but feel it shouldn't be this complicated. I may be missing something.
Did you enable CEC (ARC) in the settings?
post #41330 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogolisk View Post
Did you enable CEC (ARC) in the settings?
I did. I know on the Vizio it's set to ARC only by default. I changed it to on/engaged but that didn't seem to make a difference. It's almost as if the Denon is registering it as connected but not receiving an audio signal. I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting on the Denon.

post #41331 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniocmn View Post
Hey Guys,

I have had a P-50 for about 3 months now, everything is perfect except for one thing. Every time a turn the TV on, the Vizio logo pulsates a lot. Like if the backlight is flashing. But that is it, after the Vizio logo disappears and I get the image of whatever I am watching, everything works fine.

Does anybody else have this issue? I am pretty sure it started with one of the firmware updates, I have done a few factory resets but the problem persists.

Dude who cares ? You wrote a post about he vizio logo . Lol cmon

post #41332 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Dude who cares ? You wrote a post about he vizio logo . Lol cmon

If you don't want to help your post is not necessary. I just think it might be a bad sign that the backlight is flashing in any case.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #41333 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
If you don't want to help your post is not necessary. I just think it might be a bad sign that the backlight is flashing in any case.

You said it only happens at the beginning ... not when watching anything . Seems like your set is just fine . Again we are talking about the vizio logo for crying out loud . Cmon

post #41334 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
You said it only happens at the beginning ... not when watching anything . Seems like your set is just fine . Again we are talking about the vizio logo for crying out loud . Cmon

I didn't care about the issues you were having with arc or with Roku, but I didn't come here to tell you to stop talking about it. So, if you don't have anything to add, just keep it to yourself.
N T and Noregrebt like this.
post #41335 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't care about the issues you were having with arc or with Roku, but I didn't come here to tell you to stop talking about it. So, if you don't have anything to add, just keep it to yourself.

The thing is you don't have an issue at all . You said your tv is fine so why post about something that isn't wrong? Let it go .

post #41336 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
The thing is you don't have an issue at all . You said your tv is fine so why post about something that isn't wrong? Let it go .

Does the Vizio logo flash when you start your TV? If not, then that is an issue with my tv.
Noregrebt likes this.
post #41337 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Does the Vizio logo flash when you start your TV? If not, then that is an issue with my tv.

Dude you are talking about the vizio logo lol. Your hdmi cable is making the handshake thats it . If it was flashing during use and while watching movies or tv then that is an issue . 500 pages of this thread are nonsense like this that doesn't matter .

post #41338 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5156 Post(s)
Liked: 3624
Quote:

Dude seriously, he just asked a question. No need to jump down his throat.

To answer, I would say if you are not seeing anything after that boot screen, you are good. Normally during boot up it's cycling thru and getting to the proper input and video settings so don't judge the backlight based on it booting.

Noregrebt likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, XBox One & (X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #41339 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6649 Post(s)
Liked: 6475
Quote:
Hey Guys,

When the TV starts up, it hasn't engaged any settings. You'll see MANY more anomalies during that Vizio splash screen. If you're not seeing it during normal viewing, ignore it.

DaverJ and Srycantthnkof1 like this.
post #41340 of 64353 Old 02-25-2017, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Liked: 4062
Quote:
I did. I know on the Vizio it's set to ARC only by default. I changed it to on/engaged but that didn't seem to make a difference. It's almost as if the Denon is registering it as connected but not receiving an audio signal. I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting on the Denon.
Not really a solution, but have you tried an optical cable from TV to Denon? This could rule out something on the Vizio side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page