Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1380 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288563Likes

post #41371 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5156 Post(s)
Liked: 3624
Well, I think my display is starting to go bad or the firmware introduced this which I doubt.
Almost the the lower left corner I have a pinkish blob showing up now. I see it with a white background... So skiing and snowboarding etc....

Here are a couple of photos....

This blows.... Now I'm going to have to go thru all this crap again..... Sigh.
@Matt McRae do you know why this happened?

...sent from my Axon7 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, XBox One & (X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41372 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Costco warranty question:

From reading this thread, you can buy an extended warranty through Costco even if you didn't buy your display from them. Do I have until the Vizio factory warranty runs out to purchase, or have I waited too long now that my P65 is approaching 11 months old?

No current problems, but I expect to hold onto my P for a while and the warranty would probably be a good idea.
blatz8 likes this.

Vizio P65-C1
post #41373 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbroome View Post

From reading this thread, you can buy an extended warranty through Costco even if you didn't buy your display from them. Do I have until the Vizio factory warranty runs out to purchase, or have I waited too long now that my P65 is approaching 11 months old?

No current problems, but I expect to hold onto my P for a while and the warranty would probably be a good idea.
https://www.costco.com/squaretrade-tv.html

"Plan must be bought within 90 days of TV purchase." Did you use a credit card that automatically extends coverage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41374 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I bought mine right away. I don't know if there is a time limit for purchase. FAQ on the square trade site might have your answer.

mr.pope likes this.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, XBox One & (X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #41375 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:

Absolutely false. You cannot buy a Square trade Warranty through Sam's or Costco. However, you can purchase one via square trade online or Amazon. The TV has to be purchased within the last 30 days. The reason I know this is because I bought an open box P 65 - c 1 from Best Buy within the last month, and I didn't want to pay 500 for a Best Buy warranty so I saw on this thread where you can buy a SquareTrade warranty through a big box club and I priced it online. For this TV it is $188 with the 10% discount. I was just in Costco last Saturday waiting to see if I should buy the square trade online or if it'd be cheaper through Costco , but the managers at Costco said they do not offer one through Costco because it's a discounted TV and the warranty coverage would only be for the TV bought from Costco.

I'm about to buy my SquareTrade warranty through their website this week.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Oldways7 likes this.

Last edited by blatz8; 02-26-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added screenshot
post #41376 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatz8 View Post
Absolutely false. You cannot buy a Square trade Warranty through Sam's or Costco. However, you can purchase one via square trade online or Amazon. The TV has to be purchased within the last 30 days. The reason I know this is because I bought an open box P 65 - c 1 from Best Buy within the last month, and I didn't want to pay 500 for a Best Buy warranty so I saw on this thread where you can buy a SquareTrade warranty through a big box club and I priced it online. For this TV it is $188 with the 10% discount. I was just in Costco last Saturday waiting to see if I should buy the square trade online or if it'd be cheaper through Costco , but the managers at Costco said they do not offer one through Costco because it's a discounted TV and the warranty coverage would only be for the TV bought from Costco.

I bought my warranty through Costco online. No problem with doing it that way.
Schwa, Brandon B, promike and 4 others like this.
post #41377 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Absolutely false. You cannot buy a Square trade Warranty through Sam's or Costco.
I purchased mine last year via Costco, and I am not even a member.

"Costco Members may buy plans for new TVs purchased from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized U.S. retailer."
promike, shoman94, Furyus and 2 others like this.
post #41378 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwilli1 View Post
Where did you buy the TV?

post #41379 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post
I purchased mine last year via Costco, and I am not even a member.

"Costco Members may buy plans for new TVs purchased from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized U.S. retailer."
Good to know. Lol. Where did you purchase the TV? I bought mine from best buy and they say nay nay.

post #41380 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Good to know. Lol. Where did you purchase the TV? I bought mine from best buy and they say nay nay.

I bought my P75 from Best Buy online, from the recommendations on this thread I purchased the warranty online. and it worked perfectly. Since I am not a Costco member I think I paid an extra five bucks.

It sounds like Best Buy was trying to get you to buy a warranty from them?
Schwa, Brandon B, Ph8te and 3 others like this.
post #41381 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Well, add me to the list of people whose charging cradle suddenly died. Woke up and tablet was near dead. Only charges when plugged in directly. Hopefully Vizio can send a replacement.

Vizio P65-C1
post #41382 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Where did you buy the TV?

Best Buy.
post #41383 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

See, why would you post such a certainty when you did not know for certain? Many of us have purchased a square trade warranty from Costco and are not even members.

post #41384 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I used a BBuy Citi Visa which I am fairly certain adds 2 years, but I need to check the CC paperwork to verify.

Quote:
https://www.costco.com/squaretrade-tv.html

"Plan must be bought within 90 days of TV purchase." Did you use a credit card that automatically extends coverage?

Vizio P65-C1
post #41385 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordj View Post
Well, add me to the list of people whose charging cradle suddenly died. Woke up and tablet was near dead. Only charges when plugged in directly. Hopefully Vizio can send a replacement.
That's strange, mine stopped yesterday as well. I played around with using different ports on my Anker USB charger I am using, unplugging the charger itself etc. and suddenly it started working again.
post #41386 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspecialbus View Post
Technically, you can. I have a broken Onkyo TX-NR709 that no longer creates audio. However, I have too many devices on my upstairs TV to hook directly to the HDMI ports on the TV. Instead, I've set the Onkyo to only use the TV Speakers, and the TV is set to do optical output to the soundbar. At this point the receiver is a glorified HDMI switcher, but I had it on hand and there's not a lot of other use for a receiver with a blown amp.

My soundbar is only 2.1 (maybe 3.1 I guess? I dunno) and it's just for casual TV watching. I am fairly confident that most TVs optical outs would send 5.1 sound though, so it would probably work. It's just a little overkill unless you happen to have a busted receiver. It does mean I never have to switch inputs on anything except the Onkyo, though, and the Harmony takes care of that for me anyways.

Edit: On an AVR with dual HDMI out, you could also just have the second HDMI go to the soundbar.

There is a recall on Onkyo receivers if you did not know. I had my 609 repaired for free through the program. It is the chip on the HDMI board that fails and you lose sound and internet access.
Click the link on the first post of this thread.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...il-2018-a.html

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #41387 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
There is a recall on Onkyo receivers if you did not know. I had my 609 repaired for free through the program. It is the chip on the HDMI board that fails and you lose sound and internet access.
Yeah, I'm aware. My issue is different - the amp blew or something from getting a liquid on it (dog pee ) so it just doesn't put any sound out the speakers, from any source, analog, hdmi, whatever. Even if it maybe is that issue, which it doesn't match, I'm hesitant to send a receiver full of dried dog pee to them, haha. Thanks for the link, though!
post #41388 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxiCRabbit View Post
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I thought I would try asking here before creating a new thread.

I bought a P65-C1 for black Friday and then bought the Vizio SB4551-D1 when Amazon had $200 off a couple weeks ago. I have the Soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI ARC which has been working no issues.

Today, I purchased an XBOX One S which is connected via HDMI to the TV directly and not the sound bar since Vizio support told me that the soundbar will not be able to pass through HRD. I also purchased a few 4K HDR blu-rays and realized that I could not set the XBOX One S to output 5.1 and so while watching the movie I confirmed via the smartcast app that the sound was "Stereo" and not 5.1.

I am correct by saying that the sound output from the Xbox One to the soundbar is not true 5.1 and that I would need to purchase an AVR to be able to output 5.1 from the Xbox One S or any other device (besides casting)?

My apologize if the question is stupid but this is kinda new to me and I am not looking to get a perfect sound system or anything (hence the soundbar) but I would like to make sure I am getting the most out of my equipments even if it means I need to purchase an extra piece or equipment.

Thank you!

yes to get true 5.1 you need a avr. a soundbar is a inadequate compromise if you cannot for whatever reason have external speakers. i would always recommend external speakers over a soundbar. however if space or price is an issue a soundbar is by far recommended over listening to the speakers built into the tv.
post #41389 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
See, why would you post such a certainty when you did not know for certain? Many of us have purchased a square trade warranty from Costco and are not even members.

If you don't buy item from Costco, or have a CC that gives you a second yr. warranty, you will lose one yr. of coverage.
Dan
post #41390 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

thats an old issue that has been fixed. only if he had an old receiver would that apply to him
post #41391 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
How's this set for gaming? PS4 Pro with HDR, and pc gaming?
im not aware of anyone testing the latency of this set however i could be wrong. no console as of yet is doing 4k gaming with hdr that would be for streaming only. even 4k gaming is not true 4k they are using trickery because the video cards in this generation are not powerful enough. to get true 4k gaming you will have to wait for project Scorpio which will be out in December.

i didn't reconnect my xbox one when i got the vizio i should try it and see how lag is.
post #41392 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dymek View Post
thats an old issue that has been fixed. only if he had an old receiver would that apply to him
It is old, the 709 is the same year as the 609 he referenced, but it's for a specific issue that isn't "Sister-in-law's dog filled the receiver with pee"

At any rate, if I sent it in I'd be without an HDMI switcher where I need one, and if/when I got it back, I'd still not be using the sound, only the HDMI switcher. And if I sold it, I'd get just enough money to buy an hdmi switcher, I bet

Does anyone have any info on the HDMI5 4k/HDR PS4 Pro gaming I asked earlier?
post #41393 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
yes to get true 5.1 you need a avr. a soundbar is a inadequate compromise if you cannot for whatever reason have external speakers. i would always recommend external speakers over a soundbar. however if space or price is an issue a soundbar is by far recommended over listening to the speakers built into the tv.
You are completely incorrect. His sound bar is 5.1 and has external speakers. There are multiple sound bars that can do 5.1 because they have external rear speakers.
post #41394 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Does anyone have an issue with turning off their receiver? I have my Integra 30.1 connect via ARC and when I turn the P65-C1 on, it turns on my receiver and my Emotiva amp. However, lately, when I turn off my TV via tablet, the receiver and amp stay on. They used to turn off. Not sure why this is happening. Any solutions?

im having this issue as well. not sure if vizio changed something in their app or whats going on? there was a vizio appl update a few weeks ago.
blatz8 likes this.
post #41395 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
You are completely incorrect. His sound bar is 5.1 and has external speakers. There are multiple sound bars that can do 5.1 because they have external rear speakers.
i meant "external" as in actual speakers sitting someone else as opposed to a soundbar which has speakers all clumped together in one box.
post #41396 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
i meant "external" as in actual speakers sitting someone else as opposed to a soundbar which has speakers all clumped together in one box.
I am just pointing out that many sound bars have "external" speakers. Seperate speakers in the rears. Making them 5.1
post #41397 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspecialbus View Post
It is old, the 709 is the same year as the 609 he referenced, but it's for a specific issue that isn't "Sister-in-law's dog filled the receiver with pee"

At any rate, if I sent it in I'd be without an HDMI switcher where I need one, and if/when I got it back, I'd still not be using the sound, only the HDMI switcher. And if I sold it, I'd get just enough money to buy an hdmi switcher, I bet

Does anyone have any info on the HDMI5 4k/HDR PS4 Pro gaming I asked earlier?

there is a known issue with the ps4 pro do some googling and find the info as its beyond this thread topic.
post #41398 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Numerous soundbars have wireless surround speakers. My low-cost Vizio soundbar has a wireless subwoofer.
post #41399 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwilli1 View Post
I bought mine thru Costco, even though I bought the TV directly from Vizio. It's just one year less of coverage.
Buy from Costco: 1st 2yrs of coverage is Costco, next three is from ST=5 years total
Buy form somewhere else: 1st year is Vizio, next 3yrs is thru ST=4yrs total

Simply put: they sell the warranty as a stand alone product for TV's, the same way they sell mounts, stands, etc. as stand alone items for TV's.
naustin likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #41400 of 64354 Old 02-26-2017, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2052 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Re: Tablet Not Charging From Dock

Quote:

That's strange, mine stopped yesterday as well.
I played around with using different ports on my
Anker USB charger I am using, unplugging the
charger itself etc. and suddenly it started working again.

I suspect that most of the problems where the Dock stops
charging is due to software/Firmware issues rather than a physical
defect.

I've had a few times where I see the lightning bolt symbol over the
battery icon, but it was not charging. One of the following corrected
it - just the other day:

1. I unplugged the AC/USB Adapter and plugged it back in.
  2. I removed the Tablet from the Dock and set it back on the Dock.
  3. I turned off the Tablet and back on.
  4. I ReBooted the Tablet.

The first and/or the second one above, fixed the latest 'no charging'
issue I had last week.

Note: I had this happen once where a direct plug-in (not using the Dock)
was not charging. One of the above procedures got it going again. I
haven't had this problem since, but I suspect it'll show up again at some
point. At first, I thought I had a messed up the port or a broken wire at the plug.

All this going back from last summer.

Keep an eye on the Battery History Chart:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery History.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1994345  

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page