Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1400 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288487Likes

post #41971 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I don't think GLL affects PQ settings at all, but some say it does -- so YMMV. I pretty much turn it on for anything with motion.

"Normal" color in Calibrated Mode does appear yellow for white screens at first, especially switching between Cool and Computer -- but it's the proper tone for movie and TV viewing. As @DisplayCalNoob said, give it time for your eyes to adjust.

And FYI, for gaming (PS4 Pro, Xbox One S) I use Game Mode, turning Active LEDs=On. You will probably see flicker in the dashboard and with white screens, but this issue pretty much disappears when playing games, and becomes unnoticeable after a few minutes. If you try it and can't handle the flicker, turn Clear Action off... but I suggest giving Clear Action=On a fair try for gaming because it really helps video games look their best. For the PC, Computer Mode works great with Active LED=ON too -- I use the high-speed Input 5 for my PC. For the fast action games on the PC, I sometimes switch to Game Mode while the game is loading, if I remember.

Lastly, you are correct - dialing the backlight to taste does not affect Calibrated Mode, so feel free to adjust to preferred brightness. But I recommend keeping the other settings at the Calibrated Mode default.
I leave GLL on for everything since I run all of my devices through my AVR and don't want to bother toggling it whenever I play games. PQ looks great imo. Haven't had any lip sync problems either.

Last edited by godfatherip; 03-10-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41972 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspecialbus View Post
Ok - I have the main video output on my Oppo UDP-203 going to HDMI4 on the TV. I'm a bit confused on the HDMI Subsampling option for the Vizio. What does it do, exactly? From other posts I was under the impression that unless you had it on for the input, there would be no HDR. Is that not what it means? Why would I want it off for the oppo? I don't have anything to compare to so I guess I'm not sure how I'd tell if it was looking correct.
With sub sampling off, I get horrible visible banding.

I do have an Oppo as my source and I'm wondering the same as to why it doesn't feel like I'm getting HDR.

I have to manually turn the brightness all the way up, whereas my old displays went into HDR settings automatically.

Then it feels like HDR again.
post #41973 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1684 Post(s)
Liked: 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJxiv1215 View Post

I do have an Oppo as my source and I'm wondering the same as to why it doesn't feel like I'm getting HDR.

I have to manually turn the brightness all the way up, whereas my old displays went into HDR settings automatically.

In theory (per Matt) the Vizio does detect an HDR signal (HDR10 or DV) automatically and makes internal video adjustments no matter which picture node you are in. This is why you should only adjust Backlight and Gamma when in an HDR program otherwise you screw up the internal HDR settings. The first post in the thread provides more detail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41974 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've had the P75 since it was initially released. I love it as a tv but this casting thing is still horrible in its operation.

I paired the tablet and my iPhone 6s when I got it and it was always flaky. Frequently it would tell me that network connection was lost so I would have to re-pair. Eventually I just got sick of it and stopped using the casting at all.

Several months later I thought I'd give it another shot so I paired the tablet and iPhone again. Seemed to work great for the three days I tried stuff. About a week after that (today) tried it again and neither device was paired.

The display is connected via Ethernet while also sitting literally a foot from my airport express that provides wifi to the tablet and iPhone.

I don't understand how this can be so difficult to maintain. I've tried all the remove device re-pairing tricks but this loss of pairing thing just keeps happening.

I could never recommend this tv to anyone. I'm technically petty savvy and constantly struggle with this. The average person wouldn't deal with this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blatz8 likes this.

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
post #41975 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
The reason I have GLL: on is for lip sync. It is the only way to get it perfect on all sources going through my AVR
Oddly for me, when I turned GLL on it introduced lipsync issues I had never seen before in any prior combo of devices, AVRs or TVs. Turned it off and things are fine.

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.1.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X800 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Chromecast Ultra | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #41976 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrenduro View Post
I've had the P75 since it was initially released. I love it as a tv but this casting thing is still horrible in its operation.

I paired the tablet and my iPhone 6s when I got it and it was always flaky. Frequently it would tell me that network connection was lost so I would have to re-pair. Eventually I just got sick of it and stopped using the casting at all.

Several months later I thought I'd give it another shot so I paired the tablet and iPhone again. Seemed to work great for the three days I tried stuff. About a week after that (today) tried it again and neither device was paired.

The display is connected via Ethernet while also sitting literally a foot from my airport express that provides wifi to the tablet and iPhone.

I don't understand how this can be so difficult to maintain. I've tried all the remove device re-pairing tricks but this loss of pairing thing just keeps happening.

I could never recommend this tv to anyone. I'm technically petty savvy and constantly struggle with this. The average person wouldn't deal with this at all.

Try disconnecting the Ethernet cable and just using WiFi, also keep Bluetooth On for both the Tab & your Phone. Good luck. Casting issues are 99 % network issues.

Last edited by naustin; 03-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.
post #41977 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 2082
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
Oddly for me, when I turned GLL on it introduced lipsync issues I had never seen before in any prior combo of devices, AVRs or TVs. Turned it off and things are fine.
Do you have lip sync correction on for your AVR? If so, that could be why. I have that setting off on my AVR
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #41978 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Do you have lip sync correction on for your AVR? If so, that could be why. I have that setting off on my AVR
I have never had any lip sync adjustment on anything that I can recall. I guess I'm just lucky, but running everything into the AVR and just one line to the TV seems to work well for me. From what I've gleaned, it seems people who plug their gear into the TV and then feed audio back to the receiver have sync issues. I dunno. I'm just sitting close to the set.* My work is done.

*I was over at a friend's setting something up on their TV and they have a 50" plasma and sit 13-15 feet away from it. I was screaming inside the whole time (and outside a few times!)

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.1.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X800 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Chromecast Ultra | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #41979 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 34
@shoman94

I rely completely on shoman calibrations with my p75 and it always looks fantastic. I don't believe that these adjustments will screw with my set significantly as opposed to leaving everything at default. Every time shoman suggests a change , I do it and my PQ is as consistent as the first time.

Vizio P75, Denon AVR-X6300H, OPPO 203, Paradigm Studio Atmos setup, dual subs
Sony 65X900F, Denon X940H, Paradigm 5.1.2 setup with single sub
post #41980 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrenduro View Post

I have said it several times in this thread but just in case you missed it. If you have UVerse the WAP for the wireless set top boxes will mess with the pairing procedure. If you unplug the Uverse WAP while pairing everything will work and you can plug the WAP back in. By unplug I mean the power not the network cable. Again I don't know if you have Uverse or not but that fact that most people do not have the same issue would indicate that you have "something" running in your house that is messing with the connection. i would look at any systems in your house that are creating a mesh wireless network. If you don't have anything like that then there has to be another issue.

Laters,
Jeff

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...
My HT Construction Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
My 2.35:1 Discussion Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
XBL = eqshadimar
post #41981 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Liked: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJxiv1215 View Post

You have to consider what you are watching, make sure you haven't turned on features that further reduce light output, from the display.

Post your settings? Display and Oppo.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
post #41982 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So I was checking some settings on my PS4 Pro last night after yesterday's 4.50 update & under the display settings I noticed it said my set only supports 2K HDR yet when HDR Subsampling is enabled it says my set supports 2K/4K HDR but with it turned on I get the picture dropouts with PS4. Is this a limitation of the PS4's HDR output or a Vizio issue?

Also:I have the most recent firmware for the TV.
post #41983 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWarden View Post

Curious to those who have
the "split screen" effect -
My P65 went to 3.0.14.0 today;
it's still there but not as noticeable.

I just had this for the first time, recently. I did a Power Cycle and so far, it's gone.

Power Cycle: Unplug the Display's power cord and push-n-hold the power button on
the back of the Display for 20 seconds to drain any electro-bug-a-boos. 60 seconds
if you're having fun.

Plug the power cord back in and power it up. (Note: My Vizio logo flashes or flickers
briefly once. If yours flashes or flickers the whole time while on the screen, re-seat
all connects (while everything is off). Otherwise if the logo still flickers the whole
time, perhaps it's an indicator of some other problem?)

If the Power Cycling doesn't 'fix' or temporarily hide the Split Screen, perhaps a Factory Reset.

I'll assume that this Split Screen issue is a firmware or hardware problem, unless someone
else says what it is.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #41984 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post
So I was checking some settings on my PS4 Pro last night after yesterday's 4.50 update & under the display settings I noticed it said my set only supports 2K HDR yet when HDR Subsampling is enabled it says my set supports 2K/4K HDR but with it turned on I get the picture dropouts with PS4. Is this a limitation of the PS4's HDR output or a Vizio issue?

Probably a cable issue, use a certified 18Gbps cable for 4K HDR. Good luck.
shoman94 and reallynotnick like this.
post #41985 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
The 53-second freeze glitch occurred last night again until it simply froze the picture onto the screen. What was odd was that when I pressed the power button on the little remote, the power indicator LED went out, but the screen stayed on with the frozen image. Pressing power again turned the power indicator on and then the screen blanked out and went through the usual logo boot sequence. Hoping 3.0.14.0 fixes this.Wouldn't it be even better if there was an option to just directly enter numbers into fields? Have up/down arrows at the end of the sliders and tap the number to get a direct entry box. Such functionality wouldn't require advanced uber-h4X0rZ skillz - just someone who understands the most basic UI design styles.

Then again, if Vizio gave a damn about usability they would have a means to get a display of resolution and whether HDR was active without having to drill down several menus on the tablet. Perhaps having a button on the remote called Display like EVERY VIZIO REMOTE PRIOR TO 2016 HAS in the place of the Wide mode button. Just saying.

Not asking for some new functionality to be invented; just that they put some basic info that's there where it can be easily found; not buried where no one would really think to look. How they go from a dedicated remote button to hiding it where the FW version is listed is just dumb.
Sorry DirkBelig, 3.0.14.0 doesn't fix the 53-second glitch. Got the update a couple nights ago and I'm still getting it. I've put a call into Vizio and they need me to take a picture of the frozen horizontal repeating pattern, but my set isn't even cooperating in its malfunction . I'll sometimes get the horizontal pattern for a second but every time it's been freezing lately it's just frozen the regular screen image.

Reading through the last week or two of posts it looks like there's a few more people with this issue. Seeing how there's so many without this problem I wish I knew if it was a setting that is causing the glitch or if it is hardware related and we've just got bum panels.

Sigh.
post #41986 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Liked: 12
I'm about to pull the trigger and getting a Vizio p65-c1 over the Samsung UN65KS8000. There just one thing that's making me hesitate. I read this "While the Vizio P does have excellent input lag for gaming, it cannot be used in conjunction with HDR, so it isn't a good choice for HDR gaming" Is this truly the case? Also does anyone know if overstock.com is an authorize dealer?
post #41987 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsgts View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger and getting a Vizio p65-c1 over the Samsung UN65KS8000. There just one thing that's making me hesitate. I read this "While the Vizio P does have excellent input lag for gaming, it cannot be used in conjunction with HDR, so it isn't a good choice for HDR gaming" Is this truly the case? Also does anyone know if overstock.com is an authorize dealer?
That quote needs context. HDMI 5 is designed for gaming. It has input lag of about 15 ms. HDMI 5 cannot do HDR though.

For HDR gaming, you'll have to use HDMI 1-4. With or without HDR, HDMI 1-4 has about 43 ms of lag. I game on my P65, and HDR games look great and the lag is not noticeable at all to me. I think you'll be very happy with this display.
DaverJ, shoman94, blatz8 and 1 others like this.
post #41988 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I've been out of the loop for a while, has the Xbox One HDR playback been fixed? For UHD Movies that is.

Also when the tablet has a firmware update that means the TV is also getting updated right?

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X6300H
HTD Level 3 Left/Center/Right, Micca COVO-S for Surrounds
post #41989 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Love my new Vizio P- but no Youtube HDR?

Hey guys. Just got my new Vizio P 65. Love it. It's replacing a Panny led I recntly returned. Didn't like the dimming issues. The Vizio however is excellent.

My issue is I added a Chromecast Ultra which allows me to get HDR via youtube but it's not working. The screen is washed with hdr and is not being recognized by my Vizio. The youtube videos are showing hdr though. I have the hdr feature on the input engaged. Can't recall the name of it but it's on.

What's happening? Any thoughts?
I'm dying to see HDR.
post #41990 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit85 View Post

When the Tablet has a Firmware Update that means
the [Display] is also getting updated right?

No. Independent of each other.

The Display gets far more Updates than the Tabbies.

I believe the Tablets have only been Updated twice
since the 2016 P-Series were introduced.

The most recent is the now ongoing release of
Mallow-of-the-Marsh (6.0.1).

shoman94 likes this.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #41991 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
No. Independent of each other.

The Display gets far more Updates than the Tabbies.

I believe the Tablets have only been Updated twice
since the 2016 P-Series were introduced.

The most recent is the now ongoing release of
Mallow-of-the-Marsh (6.0.1).

How do i check to see if my TV updated? I never seen my TV update before. Got a P65

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X6300H
HTD Level 3 Left/Center/Right, Micca COVO-S for Surrounds
post #41992 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500guy View Post
Hey guys. Just got my new Vizio P 65. Love it. It's replacing a Panny led I recntly returned. Didn't like the dimming issues. The Vizio however is excellent.

My issue is I added a Chromecast Ultra which allows me to get HDR via youtube but it's not working. The screen is washed with hdr and is not being recognized by my Vizio. The youtube videos are showing hdr though. I have the hdr feature on the input engaged. Can't recall the name of it but it's on.

What's happening? Any thoughts?
I'm dying to see HDR.
Make sure you have HDMI Color Subsampling turned on for the input the Chromecast is hooked up to. Settings, Inputs, HDMI Color Subsampling.
post #41993 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5069 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspecialbus View Post
Well, my P75-C1 finally came yesterday. Powered on OK and looked good, so sent the delivery guys off. Then I started the setup, and it started doing its firmware update.

Welp.

At 20% of the install, it errored out, displaying on the screen that there was an error updating the firmware. I immediately called Vizio, and they had me unplug it and hold power button and such. No matter what we did after, we couldn't get the screen to power on. The power LED would indicate that it was turning on, and you could turn it off once, but the second time you'd try turning it on the power LED would come on and stay on for good until you powered it off. No screen activity whatsoever - completely dark off. We tried a USB update, but no luck on that either. Still bricked. Ended up opening a service call for someone to come repair it hopefully by late next week.

I thought about it a bit more, and checked and noticed I was able to ping the TV, so it was responsive in some way. Hmm. I switched the firmware update to a USB stick that had a little flashing light to show activity, and noticed that I could get it to read the USB stick on the first power on, but then it seemed to hang. In a last ditch desperation, I unplugged everything including the USB stick. Then I plugged it back in without the USB stick in, and turned it off and on once, and then stuck the USB stick in. This time, the USB stick flashed for a fair bit longer, but still nothing on the screen. Waited 10 minutes, no luck. Then said '**** it' and went to play Ghost Recon.

About 30 minutes into that, I glanced left and noticed there was a glow coming from the TV. Went over and checked, and it was powered on and bitching that the tablet remote wasn't paired. Restarted that process, and everything was good. I still can't believe it. I ended up calling Vizio back and gave them the specific steps that were required (mainly not having the USB stick in during the initial plug-in since based on the light flashing, I think that made a significant difference) and the approximate time that I think it took to update itself.

What a fiasco.

But I have a working TV, and it looks great! Significantly better at everything than the Sharp LC-70UQ17U that it's replacing. I tried Rocket League on my PS4 and it was actually responsive! The display lag on the Sharp seemed to be >100ms no matter what game modes were being used. Going from that to 20ms or whatever made the game playable.

In general the TV has a lot less display lag. I had to go into my receiver and get rid of 125ms of audio delay that I had built into every mode. Now the lip-sync modes work on everything, and even with my UDP-203 connected directly to the TV for display (and the 2nd hdmi to the receiver for audio) everything lined up perfectly after removing all the delays I'd built in. The Spears and Munsil A/V sync test was right on the green, maybe a couple ms off but I honestly can't tell when it's below 5-10ms or so.

Either way, I'm annoyed with the setup problems, and annoyed that I had to go buy some M8-12 bolts for the wall mount, but happy with the TV so far in the end. You'd think a $3700 TV could come with the proper mounting bolts
Wow, quite a story and glad it worked out. On the bolts.... TV's never include wall mount bolts. That comes with the wall mount.

Quote:
I think samsung does a really good job with HDR, but unless you have a FALD set it kills dark scenes. OLED, well that is just the nature of OLED....everything looks better on it IMO. I feel like the P-series gives me the most balanced picture of the bunch: FALD, solid motion, and better shadow detail than OLED.

IIRC, subsampling should be off with the Oppo. People have reported HDR works with it off and does not work correctly with it on.
From the testing I have done..... yes HDR will kick in with subsampling off BUT, Wide Color Gamut will not. So it's like having an M series.....
blatz8 likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #41994 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
Make sure you have HDMI Color Subsampling turned on for the input the Chromecast is hooked up to. Settings, Inputs, HDMI Color Subsampling.
Yes, that's the name of it, subsampling. And yes it is turned on.
But no hdr.
post #41995 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.Archer View Post
I rely completely on shoman calibrations with my p75 and it always looks fantastic. I don't believe that these adjustments will screw with my set significantly as opposed to leaving everything at default. Every time shoman suggests a change , I do it and my PQ is as consistent as the first time.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post

I agree that it's likely a cable issue. What lenghts are being used and what type?

Quote:
HDR10 does not work currently with the CC Ultra directly connected to the Display.
mcholthaus likes this.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #41996 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I don't think GLL affects PQ settings at all, but some say it does -- so YMMV. I pretty much turn it on for anything with motion.

"Normal" color in Calibrated Mode does appear yellow for white screens at first, especially switching between Cool and Computer -- but it's the proper tone for movie and TV viewing. As @DisplayCalNoob said, give it time for your eyes to adjust.

And FYI, for gaming (PS4 Pro, Xbox One S) I use Game Mode, turning Active LEDs=On. You will probably see flicker in the dashboard and with white screens, but this issue pretty much disappears when playing games, and becomes unnoticeable after a few minutes. If you try it and can't handle the flicker, turn Clear Action off... but I suggest giving Clear Action=On a fair try for gaming because it really helps video games look their best. For the PC, Computer Mode works great with Active LED=ON too -- I use the high-speed Input 5 for my PC. For the fast action games on the PC, I sometimes switch to Game Mode while the game is loading, if I remember.

Lastly, you are correct - dialing the backlight to taste does not affect Calibrated Mode, so feel free to adjust to preferred brightness. But I recommend keeping the other settings at the Calibrated Mode default.
I'm not one for enjoying flicker on the screen, I think I'll leave Clear Action off. Thanks for the tips though! I have a question that is below the next quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
1. There are lots of things that could cause it. If it is just one channel maybe it is something with the broadcast. If it only happens with Dish content then it could be the Dish box. If you are seeing the problem across multiple devices then its probably the TV. By the way I got the Hopper 3 and love it, you should try to get the upgrade if you don't have it. Just play hardball and be ready to threaten cancellation and they should give you the upgrade. I was offered the option of waving the $100 fee or avoiding the 2-year contract after arguing on the phone for a while (I've had Dish for a long time though so that helped my argument).

2. The TV doesn't support Youtube HDR, something to do with the VP9 codec and needing a dedicated chip. Vudu and Netflix both do HDR and look great.

3. I just use the default "calibrated" (or calibrated dark) setting on my P50 and it looks great in my opinion. I think individual sets vary a bit so someone else's calibration may not look as good on your particular set, but if you try someone else's settings and think it looks better then use them, all that matters is how it looks to you. I don't think advanced calibration is really crucial on these TVs though as the default settings look very nice.
Do you guys prefer using the designated 'Computer' and 'Game' picture settings for the Computer and or Console, respectively? Or would using Calibrated/Dark be okay too? Unless there is some underlying settings that I'm missing which would benefit the computer and or console.
post #41997 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Thank you!

I agree that it's likely a cable issue. What lenghts are being used and what type?

HDR10 does not work currently with the CC Ultra directly connected to the Display.

Known issue with the CC Ultra. HDR10 will work if you go through an AVR, but only DV works when directly connected to a display. It's a Google issue, not Vizio.
post #41998 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
That quote needs context. HDMI 5 is designed for gaming. It has input lag of about 15 ms. HDMI 5 cannot do HDR though.

For HDR gaming, you'll have to use HDMI 1-4. With or without HDR, HDMI 1-4 has about 43 ms of lag. I game on my P65, and HDR games look great and the lag is not noticeable at all to me. I think you'll be very happy with this display.
It was a quote from a review from rtings. You reassured me and I went ahead and purchased the TV. Thank you.
post #41999 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholthaus View Post
Known issue with the CC Ultra. HDR10 will work if you go through an AVR, but only DV works when directly connected to a display. It's a Google issue, not Vizio.
Yes I know that. =)

post #42000 of 64009 Old 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post

I bought the CC Ultra as I realized the Smart Cast doesn't feature HDR on Youtube.

So am I correct in saying that there is no way at this time to use HDR via Youtube?

Thanks for the reply btw

EDIT add: Fast moving thread. :-)
So I'll try it through my Anthem AVR.
shoman94 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page