Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1442 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #43231 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Has the cause of the display freezing been determined yet? Is it hardware or firmware related? I get it occasionally, but it seems to be happening more. With it seeming to be happening with more people, it almost makes me wonder if it's firmware related.

Religion, race, color, creed...whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43232 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4590 Post(s)
Liked: 2666
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Based on people's recent experiences, I'd say definitely YES. Like you I don't normally buy extended warranties, but I bought a SquareTrade on my Vizio last May. It is cheap insurance for an expensive fraigle device.
I'm not sure I can get a SquareTrade since I've had it since June 2016 and this will be a replacement?

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #43233 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
The issue is not exclusive to the Xbox one S or even the display firmware. I test all kinds of media players and devices. I am on the latest firmwareand part of the early firmware update list. The green line still shows up sometimes and completely random. It never happens when casting directly to the display. Like others have said the quickest temp fix is to change inputs and then change it back. At least until Vizio fixes the issue.
Ok, good to know.

With my P50 setup -- exclusively PC, PS4 Pro and Xbox One S, I've never seen the green line on PC, I rarely saw the green line on PS4 but it's been many months, and I often saw it with Xbox One S, but haven't seen it in a couple months. I assumed the recent firmware got rid of it, but it could be that I'm not using the XB1-S often enough to notice it.

But, I just bought Forza Horizon 3 on XB1-S, so I'll probably notice the green line again at some point this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43234 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDmAnqc View Post
Hey guys!

I'm new to this board. I've read a lot on this board from people experiencing issues with their Vizio P.

Here is my experience so far with my Vizio P65-C1:

- Bought my first one in August 2016 at Cosco (online). In november, while plaiying a game with the "Game preset calibration", I have noticed that there was a dead pixel on the screen (green on a black background). I called Vizio support and they sent me a replacement.

- When I received my replacement in early December, I did check right away to find a dead pixel on the screeen. I put a black background with the game settings. And I found another dead pixel ! I called Vizio again and they sent me another replacement!

- When I received that new replacement at the end of December, I have noticed again that there was a very little small dead pixel again, but I could live with it because this time it was non noticeable. But for the last 2 months, I have been experiencing freezing issues! Whatever my setup, whatever the input, even on the Cast input! It happens usually once a day. After a power cycle I am OK for the rest of the day. I did a lot of Factory reset and power cycle to try to solve the problem, but without success so far. I thought it my be a firmware issue, but by reading comments, It seems more like a hardware issue. So, i'm probably going to contact Vizio support again soon.... to have my third replacement, so my fourth Vizio TV!!!!! In Canada, that TV cost 3000$, it is unacceptable that i'm still having issues after 3 differents P65-C1!!

Wow, sorry to hear you need a FOURTH P65! I'm on my second currently. I got freezing multiple (5-10) times a day with mine. Agreed it's completely unacceptable. At that point they should test yours to make sure it's perfect before sending to you.

What's up with everyone's freezing lately? Clearly it's a widespread problem. Before this television, I've never had a TV freeze on me in my life before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #43235 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I'm not sure I can get a SquareTrade since I've had it since June 2016 and this will be a replacement?
I just picked up the "SmartGuard 5-year television protection plan" from Amazon for the Vizio P65 I bought from Best Buy back in August. With this plan, you can buy it up to 11 months after your TV was purchased.
shoman94 likes this.
post #43236 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
That is probably true and I was just citing my approach. Still if Vizio has an extended warranty, I'd suggest getting it
post #43237 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
No, I got mine delivered back in June 2016 and the video issue just started recently so it's not something that you might encounter right away.
really??? i was disappointed to read this. My P65 had freezing issues, and after factory resetting, Vizio sent a repairman to replace both the PS and Main boards. I'm happy to say, that since then, it has not frozen. it also fixed an audio issue i had with my avr constantly switching to AV2 when it rec'd the signal via optical. as it turned out, this is the default optical port, so my avr was doing the right thing. unfortunately, it only played thru AV4. now, when the vizio is turned on, the avr automatically puts it on AV2, and audio if fine. two small things popped up after the repair. first was the power on light doesn't go on, even when toggled in settings. the other weird thing is, i can't get the vizio codes to work with the directv rc73 remote, which worked properly before the boards were replaced. directv said the remote was bad, so they sent a new one, which of course didn't work either. does anyone have a 5 digit code i could try??

Steve

Vizio P65-C1
Yamaha TSR 5810
post #43238 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Guys, and Hello @mattmc Rae

Wanted to ask a really stupid question, and see where I stand. Bought a Vizio P55-C1 in February, and I have had the Screen Freeze issue twice. When I check the Firmware, it lists 3.0.14, and I was wondering if I am on the Beta List for firmware updates? Vizio's website shows the most recent update as 3.0.13.5.

If I am a Beta Tester, or have the updated Firmware, what should I be looking for??
post #43239 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:24 PM

HDR/DV ways to watch on our P series?

sorry for the newbie question. other than buying an HDR bluray player, how can i watch/stream hdr content to my P? i search youtube, but there's no writing saying hdr on the video. i have amz prime, but without a new, 4k hdr streaming stick/box/whatever, how can i watch hdr content? amazon's own new fire stick doesn't stream hdr! i'm ok to buy the CC Ultra, but that won't work with amazons prime, right? when i play what i think is 4K hdr from youtube, the system setting says NO HDR, just 4k. i'm stumped.

Steve

Vizio P65-C1
Yamaha TSR 5810
post #43240 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:28 PM

anyone has a working Vizio 5 digit remote code?

I able to program my rc73 directv remote fine until vizio repaired my p65, now i can't get a code to work with the tv. dtv even sent me a new remote, but of course it doesn't work either. i'm using dtv's on screen setup. i try all 10 possible onboard codes, but nothing. calling tech support is pointless, they're clueless.

Steve

Vizio P65-C1
Yamaha TSR 5810
post #43241 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Planet Earth II

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer4113 View Post
Oblivion in UHD is my favorite UHD disk to date. Really enjoy this flick.
Planet Earth II in UHD/HDR is hands down the most stunning viewing experience I have seen on this medium.
timeisapear, Oldways7 and Karnis2 like this.
post #43242 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Heller View Post
really??? i was disappointed to read this.

Steve, you do realize that this can happen with any piece of electronics ever made, right? It can die or develop problems between now and infinity.

I do not have any freezing issues on my P75, so it's not happening across the board.

Quote:
the other weird thing is, i can't get the vizio codes to work with the directv rc73 remote, which worked properly before the boards were replaced. directv said the remote was bad, so they sent a new one, which of course didn't work either. does anyone have a 5 digit code i could try??
Quote:
I able to program my rc73 directv remote fine until vizio repaired my p65, now i can't get a code to work with the tv. dtv even sent me a new remote, but of course it doesn't work either. i'm using dtv's on screen setup. i try all 10 possible onboard codes, but nothing. calling tech support is pointless, they're clueless.

I realize that nobody replied to your earlier question regarding your remote, but these are the second and third times you've posted this, the last within 30 minutes of each other. Nobody on this Vizio P Owners thread is probably going to be able to answer your question. Try one of the DirecTV forums maybe if you're that attached to that specific remote.

The better thing, in my opinion, is to quit fighting the crappy DirecTV remote and just buy yourself a universal programmable $43 Logitech Harmony 650 and don't look back. I've had DirecTV for 10+ years. I haven't gotten the remote out of the drawer once since the Logitech Harmony came into existence.

It controls all daily functions of my entire home theater.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #43243 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
Steve, you do realize that this can happen with any piece of electronics ever made, right? It can die or develop problems between now and infinity.

I do not have any freezing issues on my P75, so it's not happening across the board.

I realize that nobody replied to your earlier question regarding your remote, but these are the second and third times you've posted this, the last within 30 minutes of each other. Nobody on this Vizio P Owners thread is probably going to be able to answer your question. Try one of the DirecTV forums maybe if you're that attached to that specific remote.

The better thing, in my opinion, is to quit fighting the crappy DirecTV remote and just buy yourself a universal programmable $43 Logitech Harmony 650 and don't look back. I've had DirecTV for 10+ years. I haven't gotten the remote out of the drawer once since the Logitech Harmony came into existence.

It controls all daily functions of my entire home theater.
you're right, i stand corrected. sorry for the duplicate question. it just seemed so strange that the dtv remote worked with my p65 before the boards were replaced, and now it does'nt. either way, i'm ok spending $43 for your suggested harmony. thanx

Steve

Vizio P65-C1
Yamaha TSR 5810
post #43244 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the number of hours "On" for this display? I looked at the SmartCast app and couldn't find it. BTW, I don't like the latest version because it seems to be only in Portrait orientation and I use an iPad so I like Landscape orientation.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #43245 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 205
3.0.16.1 ???

My E43u-D2, which I use as my main PC monitor, just got a firmware update to 3.0.16.1
(It's not on any list for Beta firmware anywhere).
the Vizio site still lists 3.0.13.5 as the current "official firmware" for the model (same as the P75).

My P75 (which is on Matt's list) is still at 3.0.14

Wonder if we will be seeing an update soon?
shoman94 likes this.
post #43246 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked: 2072
Quote:
sorry for the newbie question. other than buying an HDR bluray player, how can i watch/stream hdr content to my P? i search youtube, but there's no writing saying hdr on the video. i have amz prime, but without a new, 4k hdr streaming stick/box/whatever, how can i watch hdr content? amazon's own new fire stick doesn't stream hdr! i'm ok to buy the CC Ultra, but that won't work with amazons prime, right? when i play what i think is 4K hdr from youtube, the system setting says NO HDR, just 4k. i'm stumped.
The only HDR apps native to the Vizio P (that you can install and stream from the tablet) are Netflix and Vudu. To get Amazon, you need a Roku Premiere+ or Roku Ultra, or I believe the Xbox One S. To get YouTube HDR you need a Chromecast Ultra, or I believe the LG UP970 UHD Blu-ray player just updated their app to also support YouTube HDR. And for a list of HDR content and the various places to get it, check out this thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-hi...ted-often.html
post #43247 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
The tech was there about 2 hours. Half that time was taking the vizio off the mantel and then removing all the screws from the back. Once the back cover was off, it took about 30 minutes to replace both boards. The tech took his time, and even wore a static wrist cable. It's been 3 days, and no issues with freezing, except two new ones. First, the power on light at the lower left corner doesn't come on. Second, I cannot get the DirecTV rc73 remote code to work, even though it did work before! Calling dtv only got me a new remote, no matter how many times I told them it can't be the remote.
Quote:
you're right, i stand corrected. sorry for the duplicate question. it just seemed so strange that the dtv remote worked with my p65 before the boards were replaced, and now it does'nt. either way, i'm ok spending $43 for your suggested harmony. thanx
Based on the light not working and DTV remote not pairing, I'd say they srcewed up the repair. Have you tried the cheap IR remote stick that comes with the set? I wouldn't try a Harmony just yet, since it sounds like a broke/disconnected sensor.
Schwa, shoman94 and zer0cool2007 like this.
post #43248 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
My E43u-D2, which I use as my main PC monitor, just got a firmware update to 3.0.16.1
(It's not on any list for Beta firmware anywhere).
the Vizio site still lists 3.0.13.5 as the current "official firmware" for the model (same as the P75).

My P75 (which is on Matt's list) is still at 3.0.14

Wonder if we will be seeing an update soon?
What did it have before the update?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #43249 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like Vizio is have a launch event in NY in 2 weeks. I guess we'll find out about the 2017 M Series and the potential 2017 P Series.....

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #43250 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
What did it have before the update?
3.0.13.5, on the E43
shoman94 likes this.
post #43251 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Based on the light not working and DTV remote not pairing, I'd say they srcewed up the repair. Have you tried the cheap IR remote stick that comes with the set? I wouldn't try a Harmony just yet, since it sounds like a broke/disconnected sensor.
Hmmmm, hadn't thought about the dumb vizio remote. Will give it a try, and thanx
post #43252 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm, hadn't thought about the dumb vizio remote. Will give it a try, and thanx
Yep, even when I tried to explain to Vizio support that I thought the tech forgot to reconnect the IR sensor, they just replaced my display, much to my chagrin.
post #43253 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Found the M75-E1 on BJs site.

http://www.bjs.com/vizio-m75-e1-smar...00000000829094

post #43254 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6523 Post(s)
Liked: 6238
Quote:
Looks like Vizio is have a launch event in NY in 2 weeks. I guess we'll find out about the 2017 M Series and the potential 2017 P Series.....

I would expect M series official launch. I don't remember if they said anything about P series during last years event (from what I remember it was a "surprise" launch that didn't leak.

shoman94 likes this.
post #43255 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I would expect M series official launch. I don't remember if they said anything about P series during last years event (from what I remember it was a "surprise" launch that didn't leak.

Well, the P series is going out of stock everywhere.... even Vizio only has the P50 available. Google P75-E1 and you'll see a couple of placeholders for TigerDirect and Compsource. We all know that the P series released for 2016 was gonna be done in 2015 based on the model numbers but they couldn't do it. SOunds to me like they want to start releasing the P series every year because they have competition catching them.

This is My opinion but I expect to see a 2017 P.
Brandon B likes this.

post #43256 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Naustin, you are amazing. based on your response, i tried the included vizio remote, and it also doesn't work. nice troubleshooting! so, my current issue following the repair last week is most certainly related to the power light and remote not working. again, thanx for your help.
stikle and naustin like this.

Steve

Vizio P65-C1
Yamaha TSR 5810
post #43257 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Naustin, you are amazing. based on your response, i tried the included vizio remote, and it also doesn't work. nice troubleshooting! so, my current issue following the repair last week is most certainly related to the power light and remote not working. again, thanx for your help.
Sounds like they didn't plug that cable back in. The IR sensor is clustered with the Light. There is a jumper connection thay have to remove to remove the back cover. Sounds like they didn't get that plugged back in.

post #43258 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, the P series is going out of stock everywhere.... ...
Probably because they would rather replace the P75 (at least for me) than try to repair it on many occasions... Just a guess here.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #43259 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 25
i dont suppose vizio has any trade in programs to get newer versions of the P series do they? (if a 2017 one comes out that is)
post #43260 of 64109 Old 04-13-2017, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
You can now add the P75-E1 to you cart on a few sites even though it's still out of stock or backordered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page