Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1448 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288561Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #43411 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthatcity View Post
what is the benefit of doing a factory reset?
Refreshing the firmware to ensure all changes take effect.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43412 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
The freeze is getting old!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43413 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
lordj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Well, sh*t. With new firmware, the display no longer "remembers" HDR vs SDR settings...They stay the same whether watching HDR or not. Before it would automatically switch to what you had it at. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly.

Edit: Netflix cast is switching correctly, but Xbox and Shield are not. I guess this is only affecting external devices. Still sucks.

Last edited by lordj; 04-15-2017 at 12:11 PM.
lordj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43414 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordj View Post
Well, sh*t. With new firmware, the display no longer "remembers" HDR vs SDR settings...They stay the same whether watching HDR or not. Before it would automatically switch to what you had it at. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly.

Edit: Netflix cast is switching correctly, but Xbox and Shield are not. I guess this is only affecting external devices. Still sucks.
That makes no sense. Is it actually switching to HDR with the Xbox? Make sure subsampling is on.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43415 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Torqdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,717
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Excuse my naivete, is this FW update you're all talking about a beta or general release FW update?
Torqdog is offline  
post #43416 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post
Excuse my naivete, is this FW update you're all talking about a beta or general release FW update?
No clue really, but it seams only people that were on the beta are getting it currently.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43417 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
beardontwalk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Posts: 2,085
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Liked: 912
It's looks like 11pt settings can't be changed via Cast (even in 1080P). Thankfully I was able to Calibrate with my Amazon Fire Stick via MobileForge and the settings transferred over to cast....just can't change them. I also notified @Matt McRae via Twitter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
beardontwalk123 is online now  
post #43418 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
lordj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
That makes no sense. Is it actually switching to HDR with the Xbox? Make sure subsampling is on.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
It's called FULL UHD Color now but yeah it's on and switching to HDR, you can see the app "refresh" switch like before and ABC gets greyed out like before. System is reporting HDR. I started Forza and moved the backlight down to 50, when I closed the game out the backlight stayed at 50 but I had it at 85 on SDR.

Vizio P65-C1
lordj is offline  
post #43419 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
Getting my p65 next week. Got few concerns; keep reading that the p series do not meet the hdr premium certificate as the pick brightness is not high enough and the color gamut is not wide enough. Should I be concerned? Does it really matter? I currently have the Samsung 75ju7100 which is not hdr citified although it is capable to display it with good results. I hope the p65 is an upgrade. Please advise. Thanks
i think vizio decided not to apply for HDR certifcation, as they think the criteria may or may not unfairly impact their displays. based on my month of ownership, I'd say their P series is fantastic. just waiting to see HDR content. amazon is almost out of stock on their current fire stick and fire tvs, as they're ready to launch new hardware, almost sure to have HDR baked in.

Steve

Vizio P65-C1
Yamaha TSR 5810
Steve Heller is offline  
post #43420 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
It's looks like 11pt settings can't be changed via Cast (even in 1080P). Thankfully I was able to Calibrate with my Amazon Fire Stick via MobileForge and the settings transferred over to cast....just can't change them. I also notified @Matt McRae via Twitter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
So you're telling me that if you are sitting in the cast input with the background, that your can't change any 11pt settings?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43421 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
beardontwalk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Posts: 2,085
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Liked: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
So you're telling me that if you are sitting in the cast input with the background, that your can't change any 11pt settings?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Correct.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
beardontwalk123 is online now  
post #43422 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Correct.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
This firmware keeps getting worse and worse. Maybe it's time I accept the refund and move on.....

Edit: At least we know this is a beta now.....

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+

Last edited by shoman94; 04-15-2017 at 01:40 PM.
shoman94 is offline  
post #43423 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 1169 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 3383
New firmware

Sorry for the long absence... we had a quiet period while we were waiting for the LeEco situation to resolved (which ended this week).

Good news is that the teams have been working really hard on new firmware. Version 3.2.8.3 is a test release which significant and numerous changes... too many to enumerate here but the highlights consist of:

1. EDID improvements and stability changes
2. CEC improvements
3. ARC stability improvements
4. DolbyVision improvements (including fixing some Netflix, Vudu playback issues)
5. Additional backlight enhancements (blooming reduction, fine tuning, etc)
6. Local dimming improvements (algorithm, fine tuning...)
7. Fixes for various stability issues, freezes, hangs on boot, etc.
8. 100's of small bug fixes and improvements

We have Golden Reference files that will be posted on Monday, along with official release notes. but I wanted to get this out for the holiday weekend to this group.

This firmware also unifies our 2016 and 2017 code bases and checks in significant architectural changes for futures releases and performance enhancements. The VIZIO 2017 press event is on April 24th in New York and we will be pre-announcing some significant features that will roll out this Summer. Stay tuned...

What I can reveal here (and what many of you already found) is that we added on screen menus and a new OOBE. This was a huge undertaking as we hooked up the UX to the underlying settings framework. There are a couple of known issues that we are fixing ASAP including 11 point adjustments but hopefully you will see the addition of our sidebar as a step forward.

The sidebar and new OOBE will work with older VIZIO remote that have Dpad or any universal remote that can utilize VIZIO IR codes.

To say thank you to our beta testers here... VIZIO has developed a new remote control with a Dead called the XRT135. If you are on the beta test list and don't have a remote that has VIZIO Dpad... email [email protected] with your shipping address and I'll send you a free remote.

Please test and report issues you find. We did our best to regression test from Sprint 1.3 to Sprint 2 (this code) but there are major changes to this code. I'll be monitoring this group and working with the team over the next weeks to knock down issues you find.

Again, thanks for your patience... and stay tuned for more improvements, new content and new features over the coming months.

Matt
Schwa, Mustang66, splogue and 35 others like this.
Matt McRae is offline  
post #43424 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
beardontwalk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Posts: 2,085
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1582 Post(s)
Liked: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
This **** keeps getting worse and worse. Maybe it's time a accept the refund and move on.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Your probably lucky you didn't get it. I honestly don't think any majors changes to PQ happend. Seems mostly UI and being able to cast HDR10 now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
shoman94 likes this.
beardontwalk123 is online now  
post #43425 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 1169 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 3383
Btw

I will also try to get through the backlog of messages and posts over this weekend and coming week.

Have a great weekend.

Matt
Matt McRae is offline  
post #43426 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Any idea what the new pure cinema setting is? Is that one of those things that smooths out 24p source material when transmitted at 60 Hz?
Karnis2 is offline  
post #43427 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Sorry for the long absence... we had a quiet period while we were waiting for the LeEco situation to resolved (which ended this week).

Good news is that the teams have been working really hard on new firmware. Version 3.2.8.3 is a test release which significant and numerous changes... too many to enumerate here but the highlights consist of:

1. EDID improvements and stability changes
2. CEC improvements
3. ARC stability improvements
4. DolbyVision improvements (including fixing some Netflix, Vudu playback issues)
5. Additional backlight enhancements (blooming reduction, fine tuning, etc)
6. Local dimming improvements (algorithm, fine tuning...)
7. Fixes for various stability issues, freezes, hangs on boot, etc.
8. 100's of small bug fixes and improvements

We have Golden Reference files that will be posted on Monday, along with official release notes. but I wanted to get this out for the holiday weekend to this group.

This firmware also unifies our 2016 and 2017 code bases and checks in significant architectural changes for futures releases and performance enhancements. The VIZIO 2017 press event is on April 24th in New York and we will be pre-announcing some significant features that will roll out this Summer. Stay tuned...

What I can reveal here (and what many of you already found) is that we added on screen menus and a new OOBE. This was a huge undertaking as we hooked up the UX to the underlying settings framework. There are a couple of known issues that we are fixing ASAP including 11 point adjustments but hopefully you will see the addition of our sidebar as a step forward.

The sidebar and new OOBE will work with older VIZIO remote that have Dpad or any universal remote that can utilize VIZIO IR codes.

To say thank you to our beta testers here... VIZIO has developed a new remote control with a Dead called the XRT135. If you are on the beta test list and don't have a remote that has VIZIO Dpad... email [email protected] with your shipping address and I'll send you a free remote.

Please test and report issues you find. We did our best to regression test from Sprint 1.3 to Sprint 2 (this code) but there are major changes to this code. I'll be monitoring this group and working with the team over the next weeks to knock down issues you find.

Again, thanks for your patience... and stay tuned for more improvements, new content and new features over the coming months.

Matt
Thanks for the update Matt. Any fixes to the 11pt would be tremendous as many power users here use them. I for one use them a lot...lol. The updates DVGR will be huge and I appreciate that. I know I've been pestering you about it lately. We really need them reposted with every firmware release....Is that your plan with them? We appreciate you coming back here and I for one am glad LeEco is out of the picture.
Another question, is the recent freezes that people have posted on here been addressed in this beta?

Thanks!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43428 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis2 View Post
Any idea what the new pure cinema setting is? Is that one of those things that smooths out 24p source material when transmitted at 60 Hz?
Yes it's just a rename.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Karnis2 likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43429 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 1169 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Thanks for the update Matt. Any fixes to the 11pt would be tremendous as many power users here use them. I for one use them a lot...lol. The updates DVGR will be huge and I appreciate that. I know I've been pestering you about it lately. We really need them reposted with every firmware release....Is that your plan with them? We appreciate you coming back here and I for one am glad LeEco is out of the picture.
Another question, is the recent freezes that people have posted on here been addressed in this beta?

Thanks!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Yep. DVGR will be reposted when there is a major firmware update that would actually cause a change. This firmware had some underlying changes and thus new files will be posted.

Smaller releases that don't modify the PQ pipeline won't have new DVGR files posted.
shoman94 and thomasfxlt like this.
Matt McRae is offline  
post #43430 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Yep. DVGR will be reposted when there is a major firmware update that would actually cause a change. This firmware had some underlying changes and thus new files will be posted.

Smaller releases that don't modify the PQ pipeline won't have new DVGR files posted.
Thanks.... Btw.... Can you add my new serial number? Lol

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43431 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Your probably lucky you didn't get it. I honestly don't think any majors changes to PQ happend. Seems mostly UI and being able to cast HDR10 now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Well, at least we know this is only a beta so these things will happen. When tech support said I'd have an update on a week I assumed it was a full release.
Hopefully we can find what needs fixing before they release to the public.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43432 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,138
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Sorry for the long absence... we had a quiet period while we were waiting for the LeEco situation to resolved (which ended this week).

Good news is that the teams have been working really hard on new firmware. Version 3.2.8.3 is a test release which significant and numerous changes...

Matt
Thanks Matt. Please return 50Hz support. I know I sound like a broken record.
rdgrimes likes this.
naustin is offline  
post #43433 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Thanks Matt. Please return 50Hz support. I know I sound like a broken record.
Many do.... Including myself. One of my faults.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
naustin likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43434 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
zer0cool2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Your probably lucky you didn't get it. I honestly don't think any majors changes to PQ happend. Seems mostly UI and being able to cast HDR10 now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm seeing a lot less halo effect on subtitles/logos/etc
zer0cool2007 is offline  
post #43435 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,108
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses760 View Post
Anyone else's Netflix dolby vision titles making the display screen wig out? I'm still on last firmware. Seeing flashes of pink and some screen distortion. Doesn't happen with youtube cast or anything elsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Yeah, its something I've witnessed a few times, I think its the app.
Yeah, it seems to be flashing as it ramps up to 4k. I've never seen it before this beta firmware. Maybe @Matt McRae can look into it for the next firmware. Below is a gif of a video I took while checking out Daredevil. It's only 3 frames, a split second.

shoman94 and Moses760 like this.
puddy77 is offline  
post #43436 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Beta release folks. Post-up issues. Matt's around to get them to engineering.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #43437 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
abouttreefitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 380
I could be wrong, but I think this is the new remote. I like it!

DaverJ, mpgxsvcd, amcfarla and 4 others like this.
abouttreefitty is offline  
post #43438 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordj View Post
Well, sh*t. With new firmware, the display no longer "remembers" HDR vs SDR settings...They stay the same whether watching HDR or not. Before it would automatically switch to what you had it at. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly.

Edit: Netflix cast is switching correctly, but Xbox and Shield are not. I guess this is only affecting external devices. Still sucks.
Using Shield to view HDR demo files via Plex. No problem switching picture settings between SDR & HDR. I watched it happen it real time on the tablet....BL changes from 85 (SDR) to 50 (HDR) and back again. Viewing HDR on HDMI 3. I always route HDR material to its own dedicated input. SDR is on HDMI 1.
shoman94 likes this.
Karnis2 is offline  
post #43439 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,320
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5147 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Yeah, it seems to be flashing as it ramps up to 4k. I've never seen it before this beta firmware. Maybe @Matt McRae can look into it for the next firmware. Below is a gif of a video I took while checking out Daredevil. It's only 3 frames, a split second.

So when it's changing resolutions.... Interesting

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #43440 of 64330 Old 04-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
lordj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis2 View Post
Using Shield to view HDR demo files via Plex. No problem switching picture settings between SDR & HDR. I watched it happen it real time on the tablet....BL changes from 85 (SDR) to 50 (HDR) and back again. Viewing HDR on HDMI 3. I always route HDR material to its own dedicated input. SDR is on HDMI 1.
Interesting. I only tried Amazon on the shield but it's definitely not switching settings. Haven't done a reset yet, did you?

Vizio P65-C1
lordj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off