Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1505 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288554Likes

post #45121 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
Planet Earth II looks extraordinary in 4K HDR on this TV, and is a huge testament to how the main issue with so-so content isn't our TV as much as the limits of the content itself.

-Vader
Literally just got back from Best Buy with this. Looking forward to watching it tonight.
thomasfxlt and callworth like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45122 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Is there a way to totally reset a picture mode? I want to reset Calibration Dark and other Calibrated Modes to compare with the out of the box settings, but hitting reset doesn't reset the tuner and 11 point cal. What am I missing? Thanks folks.

-Vader
post #45123 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2839 Post(s)
Liked: 1657
Quote:
Is there a way to totally reset a picture mode? I want to reset Calibration Dark and other Calibrated Modes to compare with the out of the box settings, but hitting reset doesn't reset the tuner and 11 point cal. What am I missing? Thanks folks.

-Vader
Go into the picture mode settings at the bottom there is a reset option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45124 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5121 Post(s)
Liked: 3611
Quote:

-Vader
For reseting the color tuner you have to go into the color tuner.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #45125 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Im hoping the 2017 P drops the 2016 price just a tad...then I'll obviously have no choice but to buy one
post #45126 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
For reseting the color tuner you have to go into the color tuner.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
I had to stop playing content for the reset color tuner option to be available to me, which I believe is new to this firmware? Before I could play with it while something was playing. But thanks!

However... now I am in what my father's always called "panic mode." Resetting the tuner for Cal Dark reset the color tuner for all calibrated modes... and now it will not allow changes to be made to any of the WB. Not 5%, not 60%, none of them.

I feel like I just shot myself in the foot.. am I stuck with an uncalibrated TV until this glitch fixes itself?

EDIT: It's working on iOS after downloading the latest SmartCast update. But still nothing on the Tablet. What the heck lol.

-Vader
post #45127 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post
I noticed this yesterday as well with the new remote.

I'm guessing the tv doesn't have the true firmware the new tv that comes with the remote has at the moment . Makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #45128 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here is a question that I would like some feedback on...all this news about the new firmware and the new interface has be wondering what the best option is for me if I want to ever view Amazon HDR. Do I wait? What can I get besides Roku or Samsung 4k BluRay player? I do not have a Roku Ultra , since I have been thinking about a 4k BlueRay player that can do Amazon HDR and play a 4k disc if I ever get one. So far what are my choices for Amazon HDR? Either an older Sammy 8500 or Roku Ultra? I would ONLY use the Roku for Amazon. I am happy with the tablet for casting or using the new interface. I see myself buying 1-3 discs a year if I buy a player, but I might buy more. I don't know how many discs I will buy, but I can't see spending $$ for an older last years model 4K player, or spending less on a Roku JUST FOR Amazon!! Do any of the new 2017 4K Blue Ray players support Amazon HDR?? Frustrating!! Any advice? (besides Xbox, I have a One already in the game room )

Last edited by spazarooni; 04-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.
post #45129 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Lmao...i don't have windows open because it's pretty cold here. Fan just blows the smell around. I'm not a hypochondriac thinking I'm going to get cancer but that warning label freaked me out being as I'm from Canada and have never seen it before. I know they label clothing, health food etc. With it in California and people living there don't even bat an eye at it. I just thought it was odd that I'm getting a headache from it. I've had several new tv's in the past 11 years and never experienced this before.

That's because in Canada, they put actual pictures of lung cancer and everything else that's possible to happen on the outside of every cigarette pack.
post #45130 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Please allow me a slight digression to illustrate what a deal-breaker the tablet was for......let's go with "less sophisticated" users.

My g/f's father is in his Seventies and we got him a Samsung 620D last year. Because the Samsung doesn't offer a Showtime Anytime app, we got him a Roku Stick but because the TV has only two HDMI inputs and one is dedicated to the DirecTV, if he wanted to watch a BD he'd have to go behind the TV and switch the cable with the Roku and it was a hassle.

To streamline things and mitigate the remote control juggling, I hooked him up with one of my old Harmony remotes and an HDMI switcher (manually press button to change because IR isn't working) so everything could be plugged in and he would only need the Harmony for TV/BD/VCR (yeah, I know) and the Roku's remote for that. (No IR because Stick.) He had mentioned that the Roku remote wasn't working despite changing the batteries, but it worked for me.

I found out why in short order.

After instructing him how to select the Activities and whatnot, I handed it over to him and left the room for 20 minutes. I come back and he proudly says that he didn't even need to press the switcher button to bring up the Roku, but now the Roku remote wasn't working again. Huh?? What was he doing?

Here's what: He was picking up the TV's remote and bringing up its Apps menu and selecting Netflix or Amazon and then switching to the Roku remote and wondering why it wasn't working!!! My g/f was looking at me like, "Oh crap, I'm about to be half an orphan," as I tried to keep from having an apoplectic fit. I tersely explain that he was using the TV's apps and it wasn't the Roku and steadfastly refused to believe me.

Right. I'm just a guy who builds his own computers, has worked IT for 18 years, spec'ed and assembled every bit of tech in their place, but he somehow managed to outsmart me and figure out how to do it his own way, except the Roku remote is broken or something. (I was once watching a baseball game with him and wondered why the grass looked like Mountain Dew. He'd been trying to adjust the color. I fixed it and told him to stop messing with the settings.)

Point of this tale is that no matter how foolproof we can try and make things, small children and old people are gonna find a way to have a problem working it. As much as some of us are having the butthurts over the elimination of the tablet (even though none of that functionality has been removed) and substitution of the clicker, we really have to try and look at our sets through the eyes of those who will NEVER switch it out of Standard picture mode and have no idea what 11-pt color tuning is. Or someone who gets handed a configured Harmony remote and decides to just use the four remotes next to his chair to subvert everything and make it not work.

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.2.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X700 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #45131 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
That's because in Canada, they put actual pictures of lung cancer and everything else that's possible to happen on the outside of every cigarette pack.

True enough lol. As I opened up all the windows in the basement and main floor of the house and let it run all day. Had the TV on for about 14 hours today. Seems to be doing the job

post #45132 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1820 Post(s)
Liked: 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
Please allow me a slight digression to illustrate what a deal-breaker the tablet was for......let's go with "less sophisticated" users....
Always remember Murphy's corollary: "You can't make things foolproof because fools are so ingenious"
DirkBelig and SamuraiXSendai like this.
post #45133 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I bought a P75-c1 last year, and I think it's great. I read an article today about the 2017 versions of the M Series, since they're the only model getting a makeover. From what I read, they said the 2017 Vizio M Series (XLED/XOLED whatever term Samsung is using) increases the nits, the sharp colors, the blacks share still truly black, thanks to FALD), when put side to side comparing the new 2017 Vizio XLED and the Samsung XLED, which is an edge lit panel, the Vizio looked much better than Samsung's Quantum Dot flagship. They referenced some scenes including bright vivid colors along with really deep blacks and said the new 2017 Vizio M series, which starts sat $800 looked much better than the Samsung set. The Samsung set, with both backs and vivid colors on the screen at the same time created greyish lines in the areas which should have been true black and Fall was the reason the Vizio looked better at a MUCH lower price.

Not only this, but it seems like Vizio had to remanufacture the M Series sets to be able to produce the same color gambit/local dimming as the P series, but all of their P Series will be updated with the same firmware to increase the image production because all the sets already have the hardware to do this.

Another feature I read that will be added to the 2016 and 2017 sets this summer are local apps so streaming from the tablet that came with it/your phone/etc, won't be needed to cast content anymore. All the streaming video apps with be added to the TV's firmware, which would be great.

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen the Vizio set in person and can compare the picture quality to the 2016 sets. If the quality is as good as I've read, then the 2016 sets should produce the same quality once that firmware is rolled out, I just don't have the capability to compare the 2017 and 2016 sets side by side to see how much of an improvement it is.

I bought a new house a few weeks ago to live in while my current house is being remodeled, and I need to buy some new TVs for most of the rooms. The P75-c1 is currently my main TV, which is in the living room, but I've already bought an LG W7 to replace it with, mostly because of the increased brightness of the W7 and the "check this **** out" factor. I'd really like to know if what I read about the 2017 Vizio sets beingan improvement over the 2016 sets is true, if it is, then I'm definitely going shopping for some. I still need a TV for the outdoor kitchen/living area, and I want to get something bright since it'll be outside. If the new Vizio really put out a lot more brightness like I've read, there it might work. I was considering the Samsung, but if the new Vizio can produce a brighter image without getting washed out, then that might be my best bet.

Sorry for the long post! I just had a lot to explain and I need to make some decisions within the next couple of days, so if anyone can clarify the better quality of the 2017 Vizio set over the 2016 sets, or might have other options I should look at instead, I would be truly grateful.
post #45134 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 10:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazarooni View Post
Here is a question that I would like some feedback on...all this news about the new firmware and the new interface has be wondering what the best option is for me if I want to ever view Amazon HDR. Do I wait? What can I get besides Roku or Samsung 4k BluRay player? I do not have a Roku Ultra , since I have been thinking about a 4k BlueRay player that can do Amazon HDR and play a 4k disc if I ever get one. So far what are my choices for Amazon HDR? Either an older Sammy 8500 or Roku Ultra? I would ONLY use the Roku for Amazon. I am happy with the tablet for casting or using the new interface. I see myself buying 1-3 discs a year if I buy a player, but I might buy more. I don't know how many discs I will buy, but I can't see spending $$ for an older last years model 4K player, or spending less on a Roku JUST FOR Amazon!! Do any of the new 2017 4K Blue Ray players support Amazon HDR?? Frustrating!! Any advice? (besides Xbox, I have a One already in the game room )
Besides the old Samsung K8500, the new M9500 also does Amazon HDR. And the Roku Premiere+ and Ultra. And that's it right now. The Sony X800 has an Amazon app, but it doesn't do HDR at the moment. It could possibly be updated if you want to keep an eye on it.
post #45135 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 11:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Besides the old Samsung K8500, the new M9500 also does Amazon HDR. And the Roku Premiere+ and Ultra. And that's it right now. The Sony X800 has an Amazon app, but it doesn't do HDR at the moment. It could possibly be updated if you want to keep an eye on it.
You forgot the LG UP970, which should be cheaper than the Samsung. The cherry on the top is DV support.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
post #45136 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 101
DV and letterbox bars

Hey guys, fellow P55-C1 owner here. I have been following this thread since its inception. I purchased my P55 approx. 6-7 months ago. I love this set and find it produces great blacks due to FALD. I do not have much DV content but have truly enjoyed what has been on Netflix and a few Vudu titles that I own. I have noticed when using DV on let's say a Vudu title that the letterbox bars show some flash lighting while playing the film. Is this due to the DV tracking? When watching a standard BD, the bars are completely black, however with DV engaged I will get lighter bars with some flash lighting. Does this happen on the VA models aswell? I do not yet own a UHD BD player, so I have not had a chance to test with HDR footage. Any insight would be helpful. I look forward to being apart of this great comunity!
post #45137 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 11:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tondeezy99 View Post
Hey guys, fellow P55-C1 owner here. I have been following this thread since its inception. I purchased my P55 approx. 6-7 months ago. I love this set and find it produces great blacks due to FALD. I do not have much DV content but have truly enjoyed what has been on Netflix and a few Vudu titles that I own. I have noticed when using DV on let's say a Vudu title that the letterbox bars show some flash lighting while playing the film. Is this due to the DV tracking? When watching a standard BD, the bars are completely black, however with DV engaged I will get lighter bars with some flash lighting. Does this happen on the VA models aswell? I do not yet own a UHD BD player, so I have not had a chance to test with HDR footage. Any insight would be helpful. I look forward to being apart of this great comunity!
I've noticed this to, what is your picture mode setting. Gamma affects black levels, 2.4 fits for the display, drawback is that it affects more than just blacks, so the picture would appear not as bright.

post #45138 of 64310 Old 04-29-2017, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
I've noticed this to, what is your picture mode setting. Gamma affects black levels, 2.4 fits for the display, drawback is that it affects more than just blacks, so the picture would appear not as bright.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am actually using your calibration settings that you posted for SDR content. I have applied the 11 Point color settings to DV. I have gamma at 2.4. The rest of the settings are set to default due to it being DV and that the processing happens under the hood. I am currently on 3.0.14.0 as I have not yet joined the beta program, although I would love to join.

I have tried other users settings for DV, but didn't notice much improvement. I don't know if this just occurs with the IPS panel or all panels as it appears the brightness adjust according to what is onscreen. SDR content looks great, and DV looks fantastic as well. I just notice that the letterbox bars become lighter during some scenes and become dark during dark scenes.
post #45139 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 02:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply!

I am actually using your calibration settings that you posted for SDR content. I have applied the 11 Point color settings to DV. I have gamma at 2.4. The rest of the settings are set to default due to it being DV and that the processing happens under the hood. I am currently on 3.0.14.0 as I have not yet joined the beta program, although I would love to join.

I have tried other users settings for DV, but didn't notice much improvement. I don't know if this just occurs with the IPS panel or all panels as it appears the brightness adjust according to what is onscreen. SDR content looks great, and DV looks fantastic as well. I just notice that the letterbox bars become lighter during some scenes and become dark during dark scenes.
Those settings go back as far as April last year. Surprised they still look good.

The P55 is a IPS panel, so the only way to get those bars remain black would be to reduce light output​. This isn't good for HDR. Although, a good calibration for DV, with gamma at 2.4 and a focus on 5% grey could help.

Or some bias lights.

post #45140 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm coming up on a year of owning the p50 and have loved everything about it except for one thing... It does not handle motion very good. Especially with 24p material and slow camera pan. Sometimes there is almost like screen tearing or a rippling effect. The strange thing is that I didn't start to notice it until a few FW updates ago. It seems like that beta version that caused some motion issues started it. With these more recent FW updates it's better but is still there at times. None of the displays motion settings seem to make any difference. Anyone else with with the p50 ever have this issue?
post #45141 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 02:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
I bought a P75-c1 last year, and I think it's great. I read an article today about the 2017 versions of the M Series, since they're the only model getting a makeover. From what I read, they said the 2017 Vizio M Series (XLED/XOLED whatever term Samsung is using) increases the nits, the sharp colors, the blacks share still truly black, thanks to FALD), when put side to side comparing the new 2017 Vizio XLED and the Samsung XLED, which is an edge lit panel, the Vizio looked much better than Samsung's Quantum Dot flagship. They referenced some scenes including bright vivid colors along with really deep blacks and said the new 2017 Vizio M series, which starts sat $800 looked much better than the Samsung set. The Samsung set, with both backs and vivid colors on the screen at the same time created greyish lines in the areas which should have been true black and Fall was the reason the Vizio looked better at a MUCH lower price.

Not only this, but it seems like Vizio had to remanufacture the M Series sets to be able to produce the same color gambit/local dimming as the P series, but all of their P Series will be updated with the same firmware to increase the image production because all the sets already have the hardware to do this.

Another feature I read that will be added to the 2016 and 2017 sets this summer are local apps so streaming from the tablet that came with it/your phone/etc, won't be needed to cast content anymore. All the streaming video apps with be added to the TV's firmware, which would be great.

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen the Vizio set in person and can compare the picture quality to the 2016 sets. If the quality is as good as I've read, then the 2016 sets should produce the same quality once that firmware is rolled out, I just don't have the capability to compare the 2017 and 2016 sets side by side to see how much of an improvement it is.

I bought a new house a few weeks ago to live in while my current house is being remodeled, and I need to buy some new TVs for most of the rooms. The P75-c1 is currently my main TV, which is in the living room, but I've already bought an LG W7 to replace it with, mostly because of the increased brightness of the W7 and the "check this **** out" factor. I'd really like to know if what I read about the 2017 Vizio sets beingan improvement over the 2016 sets is true, if it is, then I'm definitely going shopping for some. I still need a TV for the outdoor kitchen/living area, and I want to get something bright since it'll be outside. If the new Vizio really put out a lot more brightness like I've read, there it might work. I was considering the Samsung, but if the new Vizio can produce a brighter image without getting washed out, then that might be my best bet.

Sorry for the long post! I just had a lot to explain and I need to make some decisions within the next couple of days, so if anyone can clarify the better quality of the 2017 Vizio set over the 2016 sets, or might have other options I should look at instead, I would be truly grateful.
The 2017 M series will have a similar full screen brightness to the current generation, about 350 nits. It should have 600 nit peaks, which the 2016 model couldn't achieve. The new M will have wide color gamut, similar to the P series.
It only has 32 led zones, compared to the 64 in the current model. I think it should be a great budget display, and it'll be better for HDR than 2016 models.

The Vizio P 2017 is exactly the same as the 2016 model. And the 2016 units will receive the same firmware update, so they will have identical performance. Samsung launched their 'QLED' displays, Vizio branded their FALD backlight XLED.
Also read through this thread for someone who has been at the presentation: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...-displays.html

For a very bright room, I wouldn't go with an M. The P series might be ok, as it can reach up to 500-600 nits, but you may be happier with a KS8000 for a really bright environment.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #45142 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:

Give me an example of what title you're watching and when? I haven't noticed this on mine

post #45143 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
The packs must be enormous!

Kidding aside, the Prop 65 thing is well-meaning but overdone. There are so many substances on that list that most furniture manufacturers put the label on all their pieces, regardless of whether they actually contain any of the substances, so that they don't have to keep track of it all.

Oh, and I'm all for the lung cancer pictures. Anything that stops a kid from picking that up is a good thing in my book.

Sean
naustin likes this.

"The people crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
post #45144 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazarooni View Post
Here is a question that I would like some feedback on...all this news about the new firmware and the new interface has be wondering what the best option is for me if I want to ever view Amazon HDR.
I'm in the same boat. I have an older Roku that can't do HDR or 4K that I never use. I have an Amazon Fire TV that I use only for Amazon, but of course we all know it can't do HDR (4K it manages, though).

I refuse to buy another Roku just for Amazon, so I'm holding out because I'm convinced Amazon will have to update that Fire TV pretty soon. If I'm going to buy something just for Amazon, it makes more sense to me for it to be an Amazon box.

Oh, and I'm not buying the Chromecast Ultra just for YouTube, either. I see spending money as a vote, and I don't like that Google went with an odd format with YouTube. They shouldn't be rewarded for that by selling additional CCU units.

Sean

"The people crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
post #45145 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You forgot the LG UP970, which should be cheaper than the Samsung. The cherry on the top is DV support.
Unfortunately, I didn't forget it. Right now, it only supports Netflix and YouTube (and both in HDR). Amazon is a possibility, but still only a rumor.
Astropin likes this.
post #45146 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Has anyone else had an issue where while streaming content you can't pause with using the remote (not the tablet). This just started for me the other day. I'm wondering if there was a beta firmware that broke this?
Noregrebt likes this.
post #45147 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't forget it. Right now, it only supports Netflix and YouTube (and both in HDR). Amazon is a possibility, but still only a rumor.
I stand corrected.

post #45148 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHBurN View Post
Has anyone else had an issue where while streaming content you can't pause with using the remote (not the tablet). This just started for me the other day. I'm wondering if there was a beta firmware that broke this?
I've got the same problem, idk if it was the new remote or the beta firmware.
Noregrebt likes this.
post #45149 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I stand corrected.
No worries. My fingers are crossed LG will add Amazon HDR to the UP970. If so, they'd start raking in the money from us P Series owners.
post #45150 of 64310 Old 04-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by splogue View Post
Kidding aside, the Prop 65 thing is well-meaning but overdone. There are so many substances on that list that most furniture manufacturers put the label on all their pieces, regardless of whether they actually contain any of the substances, so that they don't have to keep track of it all.
Sean
@Matt McRae

I was planning to buy a P65 today and was wondering about what is triggering the Prop 65 warning. I know manufacturer's will put the labels on their products if it is for sale in California, even if no other state would require it.

That said, I am curious as the Vizio website says "This product contains a chemical known to cause cancer..." I've seen other Prop 65 labels that say "This product may contain a chemical know to cause cancer..." Vizio's website is using a more definitive statement. So, does anyone know what is triggering this? Is it the jacket on a wire/wires inside that no normal person would be going in and touching? Is it something in the solder on a board where, again, the normal person wouldn't be touching? Something else? It would be nice to know.

I have never seen this on a TV before and I checked the manuals on my two current TVs (a Panasonic plasma and an LG LCD) and neither have it.

Last edited by TonyS; 04-30-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page