Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1511 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #45301 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
So I've seen the talk about the brightness of the P series and some people wishing it could be even brighter. After the last few nights of late night viewing, I'm with those that say there is no need, the screen is so bright it literally hurts my eyes. I have the backlight all the way down just to stand looking at the screen for more than 60sec.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AirborneMaikai is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #45302 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Member
 
cmg2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes55443 View Post
Picked up an Xbox One S this weekend to pair with my P65 for UHD playback. Anyone have any pointers/suggestions on what I should set the video output to? Should I use the 4:2:2 setting? Thanks!
Vizio p is a 10 bit panel.color space must be set to Standard. 4:2:2 is a format for 8 bit panel so dont check that option is for older 4k tv sets. When you have a 10 bit panel it display the games in 4:2:0.
cmg2006 is offline  
post #45303 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 12:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,207
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneMaikai View Post
So I've seen the talk about the brightness of the P series and some people wishing it could be even brighter. After the last few nights of late night viewing, I'm with those that say there is no need, the screen is so bright it literally hurts my eyes. I have the backlight all the way down just to stand looking at the screen for more than 60sec.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The issue is very small highlights like a starfield with a black screen. That is one example I can give for night time viewing. My issue is with day time viewing. I would like to see more luminence without having to lose the contrast buy lowering the gamma. Daytime viewing you aren't as concerned about the black level and blooming.

Don't get me wrong it's still good, I just wish that stuff was a bit better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #45304 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 02:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,979
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4590 Post(s)
Liked: 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydansv View Post
All that you lose by not buying your display from Costco,is one year of coverage.
Dan
Yeah, and I got 2 extra years from my credit card company as well so 5 years total.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #45305 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 02:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,979
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4590 Post(s)
Liked: 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
SquareTrade offers many benefits including:

5 years total protection when you purchase through a Costco warehouse or on Costco.com (Costco or the manufacturer will cover the first two years; SquareTrade covers years three through five)
4 Years total protection when you purchase through any other authorized US retailer (the first year of warranty is covered by the manufacturer; SquareTrade covers years two through four)

https://customerservice.costco.com/a...46/kw/warranty
Yes, first year is manufacturer warranty, 2 and 3 are Square Trade warranty and 4 and 5 are credit card warranty.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #45306 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,207
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Yes, first year is manufacturer warranty, 2 and 3 are Square Trade warranty and 4 and 5 are credit card warranty.
Not for me. I bought the square trade at Costco for my bestbuy bought tv. Year one is manufacturer and year 2-5 is square trade according to my square trade account.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #45307 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 05:04 AM
Senior Member
 
movd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
This is shocking I must say, I just got my European BDs into my player and "Signal not supported". What is going on with PAL 25/50 fps for PAL material? I am deciding between Samsung and LG and they all support PAL out of the box. Why Vizio is not supporting this format???
It was confirmed by Matt that it is being added soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
Its on the way for Sprint 3... just didnt make the cut for this release. Will keep the group up to date. We hear you

Thanks

Vizio P55-C1 | Denon AVR-X1200W
[5] DefTech ProMonitor 1000s | ProCenter 2000 | SR-8040BPs [.1] SVS PB1000 [.2] Micca R-8C
Nvidia Shield | Zidoo X9S | Popcorn Hour VTEN
movd is offline  
post #45308 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JaremyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaprof View Post
I receive DD+ via optical into my Marantz SR7010 AVR. I'm still having dropout issues using ARC. Hope the new FW helps with that.
Can you get DD+ with Atmos over optical like that?

Video: JVC NX7, Stewart Cima Neve 135"
Audio: Marantz AV7704, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Speakers: Focal Electra 1038 Be x 2, Electra CC 1008 Be, Aria 906 x 8, REL S5 SHO x 2
Sources: Apple TV 4k, Kaleidescape Strato, Oppo 203, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch
Xbox Live: TrackZ
JaremyP is offline  
post #45309 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I have had the 50" P series for about 2 weeks or so now.

This is what I have found....


1. 4K content (netflix, youtube) looks amazing.
2. Games look great but requires turning up contrast to have that really dynamic look. Regular "game" picture mode isn't cutting it imo.
3. The upscaling from 1080 or 720 isn't really that great. My 2015 "M" series honestly does a much better job in this department. That goes for both games and TV/Movies.
4. I'm not sold on using the tablet to cast content to the set. I see a noticeable difference in quality when running the same content through my PS4 pro. I like the idea and like that they are thinking outside the box but I'm not sure this was the best option. I may need to use it a bit more but that's just my opinion this far.

I bought this mostly for my PS4 pro and I'm happy with it. I do wish the upscaling was a bit better but new games should pretty much all have a higher res integrated into them going forward. If I didn't have my PS4 pro I'm not sure how I would feel about this set. I mean it does look great on 4k content and that's where we are headed. And the fact that I got this set for under $700...I have nothing to complain about.

Curious if you guys agree with what I have noticed this far....
Ohnoozer is offline  
post #45310 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
scitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnoozer View Post
So I have had the 50" P series for about 2 weeks or so now.

This is what I have found....


1. 4K content (netflix, youtube) looks amazing.
2. Games look great but requires turning up contrast to have that really dynamic look. Regular "game" picture mode isn't cutting it imo.
3. The upscaling from 1080 or 720 isn't really that great. My 2015 "M" series honestly does a much better job in this department. That goes for both games and TV/Movies.
4. I'm not sold on using the tablet to cast content to the set. I see a noticeable difference in quality when running the same content through my PS4 pro. I like the idea and like that they are thinking outside the box but I'm not sure this was the best option. I may need to use it a bit more but that's just my opinion this far.

I bought this mostly for my PS4 pro and I'm happy with it. I do wish the upscaling was a bit better but new games should pretty much all have a higher res integrated into them going forward. If I didn't have my PS4 pro I'm not sure how I would feel about this set. I mean it does look great on 4k content and that's where we are headed. And the fact that I got this set for under $700...I have nothing to complain about.

Curious if you guys agree with what I have noticed this far....
The PS4 Pro's Netflix app does not support HDR, so if you think it looks better than the tablet app, something's wrong.
scitek is offline  
post #45311 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scitek View Post
The PS4 Pro's Netflix app does not support HDR, so if you think it looks better than the tablet app, something's wrong.
Something my be wrong then. Everything I have seen this far from the tablet looks really soft.
Ohnoozer is offline  
post #45312 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,732
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnoozer View Post
Something my be wrong then. Everything I have seen this far from the tablet looks really soft.
Make sure you are using calibrated or calibrated dark picture modes while viewing casted content. If that doesn't work, I suggest doing a forced factory reset. Sometimes the CMS can get a little fubar, especially between firmware updates.

Also realize that the game picture mode is not balanced for viewing video. So if it looks good to you, then you may have a false sense for the way the content was intended to look.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
callworth likes this.

Last edited by skschatzman; 05-02-2017 at 08:00 AM.
skschatzman is offline  
post #45313 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:01 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SF CA
Posts: 2,657
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
What are your thoughts

What are your thoughts- on getting the Costco+ Squartrade warranty.
I usually do not purchase a warranty so I am thinking about it now.
CC warranty is 2yr+ 1 yr from Citibank- for using my cc/citi card.

If I purchase the Sqtrade plan it's 2yr CC warranty and years 3-5 SqTrade> cost $89.
I have read good & BAD reviews using SqTrade... so i'm up in air. Not so much about the $89.
just dealing with SqTrade.
{ Did purchase ex-warranty with my last Sears refig - a $2200. got at outlet for $832+ ~$100 warranty- refig
went out in 4 months- they fixed it and gave $220 refund for lost food]
Vizio P65- C1
the cost of TV is $1500.00 not price Quoting just giving a point of reference...

Last edited by DAB; 05-02-2017 at 08:06 AM.
DAB is offline  
post #45314 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Member
 
khai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fairfax Co, VA
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
P65 bezel

Odd query I know.
I prefer a darker bezel (like on the M-series) to the silver one on the P65. Does anyone have an idea on how to put a darker finish on the P65 bezel?
khai is offline  
post #45315 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:07 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SF CA
Posts: 2,657
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai View Post
Odd query I know.
I prefer a darker bezel (like on the M-series) to the silver one on the P65. Does anyone have an idea on how to put a darker finish on the P65 bezel?
I would like to know this too.......
DAB is offline  
post #45316 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
 
pos1121's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Coast of Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai View Post
Odd query I know.
I prefer a darker bezel (like on the M-series) to the silver one on the P65. Does anyone have an idea on how to put a darker finish on the P65 bezel?
You could get some matte black or glossy black vinyl and apply it to the bezel.
OHMSEN likes this.
pos1121 is offline  
post #45317 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Make sure you are using calibrated or calibrated dark picture modes while viewing casted content. If that doesn't work, I suggest doing a forced factory reset. Sometimes the CMS can get a little fubar, especially between firmware updates.

Also realize that the game picture mode is not balanced for viewing video. So if it looks good to you, then you may have a false sense for the way the content was intended to look.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Typically I don't like the calibrated picture on any set. It's a bit closer to my taste on this set but still a little dark imo. I am aware that my personal taste is a little different than most professional or hardcore videophiles. I'm not one of those "vivid" watchers by any stretch but I don't stick with the preset options ever.

For games the back light was way too low as was the contrast. Basically bumping up the contrast and back-light along with lowering the brightness allowed me to get the pop I wanted for games but still see the the darker details. As long as I didn't let the contrast wash out details around the lighter areas of the screen it looked really nice.
Ohnoozer is offline  
post #45318 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
DirkBelig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Suburban Detroit
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnoozer View Post
Typically I don't like the calibrated picture on any set. It's a bit closer to my taste on this set but still a little dark imo. I am aware that my personal taste is a little different than most professional or hardcore videophiles. I'm not one of those "vivid" watchers by any stretch but I don't stick with the preset options ever.

For games the back light was way too low as was the contrast. Basically bumping up the contrast and back-light along with lowering the brightness allowed me to get the pop I wanted for games but still see the the darker details. As long as I didn't let the contrast wash out details around the lighter areas of the screen it looked really nice.
Calibrated is dark? Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't think that word means what you think it means. Calibrated Dark is a tad murky for my tastes - I bumped the Backlight up to 40 or so for my dimly lit room - but I've been rolling with Calibrated lately (Backlight: 85!) and digging it.

If you're concerned about shadow details, then you shouldn't be monkeying with the Brightness and Contrast (which cause clipping and crushing) but trying different gamma settings. 2.4 gives the most contrast but some content benefits from dropping to 2.2 or 2.1. Give those a try.

Also, if cast content looks soft it could be because you're not getting enough throughput to get the video to max out its resolution. Instead of getting 4K or 1080p, you're only getting 720p or 480p. Try the Netflix test pattern and see how high the resolution tops out.

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.1.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X800 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Chromecast Ultra | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
DirkBelig is offline  
post #45319 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,318
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6523 Post(s)
Liked: 6238
@DAB it's more for piece of mind. If you don't feel you want/need that then skip it. There has been a lot of discussion on it (mostly those that bought it due to price) in the past.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #45320 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
stikle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
Posts: 1,541
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
Why? Because you don't like the silver?
  1. You won't notice it after a short while. I didn't like it either, but now I don't see it and don't care.
  2. Buy some Washi Tape and cover the silver with that.

Quoting myself for the new guys that are asking the same question.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
stikle is offline  
post #45321 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,979
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4590 Post(s)
Liked: 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
What are your thoughts- on getting the Costco+ Squartrade warranty.
I usually do not purchase a warranty so I am thinking about it now.
CC warranty is 2yr+ 1 yr from Citibank- for using my cc/citi card.

If I purchase the Sqtrade plan it's 2yr CC warranty and years 3-5 SqTrade> cost $89.
I have read good & BAD reviews using SqTrade... so i'm up in air. Not so much about the $89.
just dealing with SqTrade.
{ Did purchase ex-warranty with my last Sears refig - a $2200. got at outlet for $832+ ~$100 warranty- refig
went out in 4 months- they fixed it and gave $220 refund for lost food]
Vizio P65- C1
the cost of TV is $1500.00 not price Quoting just giving a point of reference...
I use the Vizio more than any other display in my home and after around 8 months or so I started to have video issues with this display so I had to have it replaced. I would buy the warranty since it's not too much. I got quotes from Vizio and Smart Guard and they were much, much higher than this one.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #45322 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
kensingtonwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholthaus View Post
No, not at this time.


Darn


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kensingtonwick is offline  
post #45323 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
kensingtonwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholthaus View Post
No, not at this time.


I wonder when vizio SmartCast will have that capability.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kensingtonwick is offline  
post #45324 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
kensingtonwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
The issue is very small highlights like a starfield with a black screen. That is one example I can give for night time viewing. My issue is with day time viewing. I would like to see more luminence without having to lose the contrast buy lowering the gamma. Daytime viewing you aren't as concerned about the black level and blooming.



Don't get me wrong it's still good, I just wish that stuff was a bit better.


I agree, hard to find the right settings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kensingtonwick is offline  
post #45325 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,732
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
I wonder when vizio SmartCast will have that capability.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What ability? Looking for your conversation, but can't find it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #45326 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,318
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6523 Post(s)
Liked: 6238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
I wonder when vizio SmartCast will have that capability.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The P series lacks the needed hardware for YouTube HDR, so I would not count on it. This has been discussed a lot in the past. It will probably be there for 2018 P series. If you want YTHDR now, you'll need an external source that supports it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #45327 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Torqdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 1,717
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 325
I keep returning hoping to find some non-beta users are getting the new FW update. If the update is on schedule as Matt mentioned last week, we should be seeing some by now. Maybe they're doing some last minute tweaks before making it go "wide"?
Torqdog is offline  
post #45328 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Newbie
 
tdwilli1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post
I keep returning hoping to find some non-beta users are getting the new FW update. If the update is on schedule as Matt mentioned last week, we should be seeing some by now. Maybe they're doing some last minute tweaks before making it go "wide"?
I got mine yesterday and I'm not on the list.
tdwilli1 is offline  
post #45329 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,732
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post
I keep returning hoping to find some non-beta users are getting the new FW update. If the update is on schedule as Matt mentioned last week, we should be seeing some by now. Maybe they're doing some last minute tweaks before making it go "wide"?
Nope. It's in waves. It will be identical. You will get it eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
skschatzman is offline  
post #45330 of 64109 Old 05-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Dizzy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

The P series lacks the needed hardware for YouTube HDR, so I would not count on it. This has been discussed a lot in the past. It will probably be there for 2018 P series. If you want YTHDR now, you'll need an external source that supports it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry if this is a dumb question. Does YouTube HDR work through a Chromecast Ultra to the Vizio?
Dizzy714 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off