Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1576 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288702Likes

post #47251 of 64686 Old 06-04-2017, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5739 Post(s)
Liked: 3834
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Yeah, I am not saying they won't but I am curious on what their appraoch will be. They have been vocal about the HDR Premium Certification. Matt also stated that when you get nits too high it introduces blooming and said that the trade off was not worth it. So I am just curious. Perhaps they can really fine tune the Local Dimming to not bloom at all.....only time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Not sure how he can promote that logic anymore. The Sony x940e does 1100 nits and the Sony z9d does over 2000 nits and both rate better at local dimming. Granted they have more zones which helps but that's not the only reason. IMO there should always be some blooming. You see blooming everyday in real life. I expect the same on a TV.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47252 of 64686 Old 06-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
The silver bezel and feet started to disturb my viewing pleasure even in the dark so I got thin strip of Velcro and covered the silver portions.

Just love it now! looks perfect in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_211801.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	2171698  

Last edited by meduzadg; 06-04-2017 at 09:34 PM.
post #47253 of 64686 Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
Liked: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshpit View Post

The tech came to replace the motherboard on the P75-C1.
Now the Display cannot update to the new firmware.
It is stuck on 1.0.0.4...

...While I wait for the new set, I was hoping to find out if
anyone knew any ways I can force an update? I tried USB,
through the tablet. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it,
no luck.

Un-pair Tablet, re-pair Tablet. It'll look for a new update.

Otherwise, have Tablet 'Check for Updates' for the Display
when you're about to shut-down the P75 for the night.

I have some Zips, but way to big to eMail.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vizio P-Series Firmware To Date I've Downloaded.PNG
Views:	172
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	2171706  

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47254 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
Hey all! Just got my first Vizio TV here in Canada (P50-C1) and have four questions:

1. I bought this converter (can't link it as I don't have 5 posts yet), "Plugable Active Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter" from amazon.ca, thinking it was what I want and although it does native 4K UHD resolution @ 60hz just fine it does not do 10 bit colour (HDR) at that resolution/refresh rate as it is only HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 2.0a, limiting me to RGB 8bit instead of RGB 10bit, which I later found out. I am in the return grace period and was wondering if there is a different converter I should buy which supports RGB 10 bit colour at full resolution or is it not going to make enough of a difference for me to care? I think I would prefer to just get one which fully supports the tech on the TV but I don't know what to buy. If I turn on the UHD colour option for the HDMI port I am plugging it into I just get a screen saying there is no input.

2. As someone who primarily games on my gaming laptop @ 100hz I prefer to play all of my PC-centric games on my PC and not on the TV, but I play a fair amount of games with my friends on the TV from my PC with wireless xbox controllers. We don't play anything online competitive and I would never in my life touch an FPS with a controller so mostly we play fun four player couch games like Crawl, Helldivers, Duck Game, Gang Beasts, Enter the Gungeon, Sonic Allstars Racing, Redout, Rocket League, Dead or Alive 5 etc... I have seen the differences between the input latency on the 5th HDMI port versus the other four on rtings and is a difference of 30ms really gong to make any difference at all to us or should I just forget about it and keep it on HDMI 2 and switch it to computer mode with game low latency on when we play games?

3. Regarding the resolution of games I have no idea about modern HDTV scaling engines so if I play a game at 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 with game low latency mode on does the TV upscale the picture to 3840 × 2160 regardless of what settings I have on? For now I have a custom resolution set to 2560x1440 for games to get more displayed on the screen than 1080 (which is really noticeable in Helldivers and is awesome) and not hit my GPU as hard as 3840 × 2160 would. On some games, though, I can't notice a difference between 1080 and 1440 so would that be the game keeping everything on the screen the same size no matter the resolution and ALSO the built in scaling engine doing its job? Simply put, is the TV always upscaling everything to 3840 × 2160 no matter the input (1080, 1440)?

4. When is the tablet getting 6.0.1? As it stands now with 5.1.1 and Dec 2016 security patch it is extremely vulnerable and that makes me nervous considering I am logged into my google account with it.

Any and all comments/recommendations are fully welcome!
1. You can't get 10bit RGB, HDMI 2.0 has a bandwidth of 18gbps, and RGB or 4:4:4 chroma would require more bandwidth.
You should be able to select 4:2:2 chroma in 10bits, though.

2. It really depends on how sensitive you are to input lag. I think I would probably notice it, but if you're not playing competitively and you're both playing on the same TV, and it's not FPS, I don't think that the extra lag should be an issue for you.

3. Every set upscales, otherwise any resolution below the native resolution of the panel wouldn't take up the whole screen.
I'm not sure whether 1440p is supported on the P series, though. You won't have a problem with 1080P.
Exostenza likes this.

LG 65B7 | Odroid N2 with CoreELEC | LG SK10Y+SPK8-S | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #47255 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hello everyone.

I just got a brand new p75-c1 that I bought directly from Vizio. Very quickly I started noticing distracting DSE (dirty screen effect) resulting from the uniformity (or lack thereof) of the screen.

Can you help me determine whether I got a defective unit or this is normal for this model? I think it's defective.

Please see the attached picture I took with my phone as well as this video:
http://imgur.com/a/AZIPn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYY6X630x3w

Thanks guys, any feedback is appreciated!
post #47256 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleman2k View Post
Hello everyone.

I just got a brand new p75-c1 that I bought directly from Vizio. Very quickly I started noticing distracting DSE (dirty screen effect) resulting from the uniformity (or lack thereof) of the screen.

Can you help me determine whether I got a defective unit or this is normal for this model? I think it's defective.

Please see the attached picture I took with my phone as well as this video:
http://imgur.com/a/AZIPn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYY6X630x3w

Thanks guys, any feedback is appreciated!
Sorry, screwed up the links. Here it is:

Picture
Video
post #47257 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Sorry, screwed up the links. Here it is:

Picture
Video
For goodness sake. Too early in the morning, here it is:

Picture
Video

Sorry about that.
post #47258 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@purpleman2k
I'd say that in the video it looks pretty bad. If it really bothers you, see if you can get it replaced.

LG 65B7 | Odroid N2 with CoreELEC | LG SK10Y+SPK8-S | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
post #47259 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2150 Post(s)
Liked: 2266
Quote:

Picture
Video

Sorry about that.
with a 75" LCD that is pretty normal to be honest. Panning shots in the sky are a torture test. I promise that you will see that on all LCDs 65" or larger using that scene.

If you start replacing sets for that reason, you are going down a dark road of always exchanging. I would personally suggest watching actual content and see if it bothers you. The only think it bothers be on is if I watch golf.
Ph8te likes this.
post #47260 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
So I got my replacement P65-C1 from Vizio on Tuesday last week. Finally got to really try it out over the weekend. So far have had NO freezes, and no random purple lines flashing in the display while streaming netflix.

I requested the replacement on May 22nd. It was delivered and installed on the 30th. So that was very quick.
I was told I would be receiving a brand new unit and not a refurb. Not sure how to tell on that though. The box was the same box as my new model from the store was. The only difference was there was no tablet in the box at all. The black box it came in just was not in the big box. So maybe they have a special stock of them without for replacements or it was a refurb?

The actual delivery company was Manna Distribution services. There were 3 people, looked like a husband wife and son doing the work. Sounded like they do a lot for Vizio. They were quick and efficient.

After they got it swapped and verified that it powered on and Played a 4k HDR Video, they had me sign off and left.

I started to get it set up but have had some issues with the tablet staying connected to the TV. My tv is hard wired, so no wifi interference, unless the tablet suddenly is having wifi issues. Once it was fully setup, I can start casting and it will work fine, but if i get back on the tablet, and try to change to something else, or pause or skip forward or backward, the tv never gets the request. Usually i'll have to close the app out on the tablet, close it from running the background, and re-open to get control back. This is the only issue i've had so far. I'd say uniformity of this panel is the same or better than my first so overall i'm pretty happy!
post #47261 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
with a 75" LCD that is pretty normal to be honest. Panning shots in the sky are a torture test. I promise that you will see that on all LCDs 65" or larger using that scene.

If you start replacing sets for that reason, you are going down a dark road of always exchanging. I would personally suggest watching actual content and see if it bothers you. The only think it bothers be on is if I watch golf.
I'm not overly fanatic, and I didn't put on that test video to look for a problem. I noticed it on regular program watching and put on that video to see if I'm imagining or there's a uniformity issue.

If it looks the same on everyone's p75-c1 then it's a moot point, but if mine is worse than it should be I would like to have it replaced. I don't expect it to be perfect, just less noticeable.

Just looking for more feedback on how normal this is for this specific model to look like that.

Looking for more feedback, thanks!
post #47262 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by benk016 View Post
So I got my replacement P65-C1 from Vizio on Tuesday last week. Finally got to really try it out over the weekend. So far have had NO freezes, and no random purple lines flashing in the display while streaming netflix.

I requested the replacement on May 22nd. It was delivered and installed on the 30th. So that was very quick.
I was told I would be receiving a brand new unit and not a refurb. Not sure how to tell on that though. The box was the same box as my new model from the store was. The only difference was there was no tablet in the box at all. The black box it came in just was not in the big box. So maybe they have a special stock of them without for replacements or it was a refurb?

The actual delivery company was Manna Distribution services. There were 3 people, looked like a husband wife and son doing the work. Sounded like they do a lot for Vizio. They were quick and efficient.

After they got it swapped and verified that it powered on and Played a 4k HDR Video, they had me sign off and left.

I started to get it set up but have had some issues with the tablet staying connected to the TV. My tv is hard wired, so no wifi interference, unless the tablet suddenly is having wifi issues. Once it was fully setup, I can start casting and it will work fine, but if i get back on the tablet, and try to change to something else, or pause or skip forward or backward, the tv never gets the request. Usually i'll have to close the app out on the tablet, close it from running the background, and re-open to get control back. This is the only issue i've had so far. I'd say uniformity of this panel is the same or better than my first so overall i'm pretty happy!
Hey there just got a refurb model (has a 90 day warranty through vizio) and I am getting plagued with random lockups, freezes, multiple reboots, netflix screen garbles up and freezes. Constantly having to power cycle and soft power cycle. Playstation 4 image froze on HDMI 1 (could still hear the audio in the back ground) ..... am I just having TERRIBLE luck? Anyone else out there experience all of these problems?
post #47263 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 08:36 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
Did the Monoprice cables state that they are "Certified Premium 18Ghz HDMI cables" or just say something about 18Ghz somewhere in the description?

If HDMI cables are not certified Premium 18Ghz they will not work properly with a 4K UHD video stream.

95% of the cables for sale right now are not Certified Premium!
Monopriece -are cert-ed- however, they are also - directional- forgot that and redirected>> now they work.."you got to read the small print- in life" GAS
post #47264 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bought a P65-C1 from Costco during the 1399 sale and I can honestly say that I love this TV. Got the 2 year warranty and then the extended warranty from Squaretrade. Here is my experience with everything.

I got the TV and turned it on. A few subpixels were dead but nothing too bad. I could have easily have lived with them. But the killer was that it had 2 dark spots. Not black, but kinda a gray random shaped. These are like 1/8th of an inch. Mainly top 1/3 of the screen. To me it looks like a gnat shaped thing got sandwiched between the the backlighting and the screen. Looks to me to be double layed. Maybe it was was creating a shadow on the outer "glass" lens or whatever they call it. But anyway it didn't look like a dead pixel...more of like a gray burnt out couple of pixels. In both spots. So called Vizio and they sent a new one immediately. They were awesome about it. No questions asked.

Got the second one. Had one dead pixel but it was right in the line of sight. I could see it sitting 8 feet away. But it disappeared on the Red and Blue screens. So I said I could easily live with it because the rest of the screen was perfect, bright white and not a single shadow or band or anyting. Well unfortunately I guess I was watching a lot of shows with white screens because my eye was always drawn to that spot. It started driving me crazy. Returned it to Costco and got a price match and brought home the third TV. Costco and Vizio were both awesome in this 2 matters.

Got the third one. And now it has the shadowed gnat defect in the top third of the screen. Other than that the screen was in perfect condition. And it is very obvious from sitting 8 feet away. Now I don't know what to do. Called Vizio and they are being a little more stringent on providing information. Which I completely understand. I really loved the second TV because it was perfectly consistent on the white screen. Just that one dead pixel that started to drive me crazy

My main thought is do I really want to mess around with a fourth TV. Will the fourth TV be perfect in everything way Or it will it be just as bad or worse. Is this a quality control issue from Vizio. Because in my mind if this was being displayed during a final test before being boxed out, were they really thinking that a customer would not complain about that. Or maybe they were thinking that we "passed" worse looking screens. That this is nothing compared to them. It was a horrible feeling yesterday when I picked up the 3rd TV, but my local Costco had 8 of them in stock. And I was thinking which one should I pick. Because surely there is one of them in this batch that I would be 110% ecstatic with. Or am I just a really unlucky buyer and that a huge percentage of these TV's are perfect and I am that 1 in 10,000 that keeps getting these TVs
post #47265 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 08:47 AM

This goes with Post #47264. For some reason I couldn't post it with the original Post. Sorry about that

Here is the picture of the gnat like "shadow". It is equally as visible on the yellow screen as well as the blue and red.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170604_193350.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	2172242  
post #47266 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Coffey View Post
Hey there just got a refurb model (has a 90 day warranty through vizio) and I am getting plagued with random lockups, freezes, multiple reboots, netflix screen garbles up and freezes. Constantly having to power cycle and soft power cycle. Playstation 4 image froze on HDMI 1 (could still hear the audio in the back ground) ..... am I just having TERRIBLE luck? Anyone else out there experience all of these problems?
Yes. Several have. I have a open case with no resolve yet.

Call support and open a case.
post #47267 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You probably got my old set. 😁had similar issues and was replaced by Vizio. The new one is fine. For now.....
Dustin Coffey likes this.
post #47268 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
You probably got my old set. 😁had similar issues and was replaced by Vizio. The new one is fine. For now.....
How long have you had the new one?
post #47269 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeson76 View Post
This goes with Post #47264. For some reason I couldn't post it with the original Post. Sorry about that

Here is the picture of the gnat like "shadow". It is equally as visible on the yellow screen as well as the blue and red.
Try knocking on that area and see if maybe that debris will get freed and falls down.
reallynotnick likes this.

post #47270 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 09:30 AM

Can someone please help me reproduce this bug? It happens consistently on my P65-C1 with the latest firmware, but I'm not sure how widespread it is.

Required settings (most people probably have this set up anyway)

Input must be from computer via HDMI. This problem happens with both AMD and nVidia cards
Resolution: 3840x2160
Frequency: 60 Hz
Pixel format: RGB Full

TV Settings:

Display settings can be anything other than "computer"
Sharpness must set at 20 (which is the default for calibrated setting)

Now load the attached image full screen (or anything else that's almost black) in whatever program you use to look at pictures. Look very closely, after about 30 seconds, you should see individual pixels flickering on and off (i.e. switching rapidly from white to grey). On my TV, the number of flickering pixels varies, but it ranges from 3 - 20+. Again, these are single pixels, so they may be hard to see from a distance.

This problem seems to disappear if the sharpness is reduced to 0, leading me to believe that it's a software issue relating to how the TV applies sharpening. The problem also disappears at 30 Hz, or if the pixel format is set to RGB limited.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Uniform grey.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2172274  
post #47271 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:

Picture
Video

Sorry about that.
My 1st P75 looked worse than yours. Decided to gamble with another TV and never had a chance to analyze as the lower right quadrant was defective with no LEDs working. I'm on my third set and whereas it looks markedly better than the first, it still displays the crosshatch LED zone problem present with your set. I haven't decide whether to take another chance or just live with it. When playing content, it looks great aside from a moment or two here and there when the content brings out the DSE. My 2014 P702ui-B2 70" tv does NOT display any DSE at all.

Here's a photo of the first TV. It looked markedly worse when playing that youtube vid than yours does.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-05-02 12.45.12.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2172298  
post #47272 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
Try knocking on that area and see if maybe that debris will get freed and falls down.
Thanks The Coolest for the reply. I have dont that and to no avail When you look at the gray blob from the side it looks to me like it is multidimensional meaning that either the problem is coming from the back and shadowing onto the front which I think would be the most reasonable explanation. Has anyone had any luck with using a vacuum and vacuuming from the top vent on the TV. I would think though, and from past experience in dealing with laptop LCD panels that these panels are sealed from all sides. It was just a thought that maybe during shipping or something pieces of dust or styrofoam got settled down but then I remembered that these TVs are wrapped in that white foam bag when shipped, so I think the chances would be very slim that these happen during shipment.

I just really can't believe that Quality Control or whatever they would call it would send this out. When you put it onto a white screen it is very obvious these spots.

Thanks again for the help

Last edited by beeson76; 06-05-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added info
post #47273 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My p65 just upgraded to the new firmware. Now, when I cast from netflix, I don't get dolby vision; hdr10 is used instead. Is this related to the firmware, a netflix hiccup, or something else? Anyone else see this?
post #47274 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@fletchmath
Which version did you get?

post #47275 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
@fletchmath
Which version did you get?
3.2.13.3. And when i tried again a few hours later, I get DV. I'm chalking it up to a netflix issue.
shoman94 and The Coolest like this.
post #47276 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3019 Post(s)
Liked: 1755
@Omega Destroyer I am curious as to why you are using sharpness at all on an output device that is native to the display resolution. It is redundant. With that said sharpness, just like any other video processing, can and will most likely create some sort of unintended artifacts. Some worse than others. This is most likely not a bug, but the result of your video going through many forms of processing before it is rendered. If I were you, I would disable all video processing in the display and just let your PC handle the load. That is one of the main reasons for having an htpc in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #47277 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchmath View Post
3.2.13.3. And when i tried again a few hours later, I get DV. I'm chalking it up to a netflix issue.
Pretty sure it's a Netflix issue, as a few of us have experienced the same problem as well.

Vizio P65-C1 (2016)
Onkyo Tx-NR656 (5.1.2 setup)
JBL Studio S-Center, JBL Studio S26ii (FL/FR), JBL N24 (LS/RS), JBL N24 (Overhead Atmos), JBL Studio SUB250
Nvidia Shield TV 2019 Pro / Fire Stick 4K
post #47278 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
I am curious as to why you are using sharpness at all on an output device that is native to the display resolution. It is redundant. With that said sharpness, just like any other video processing, can and will most likely create some sort of unintended artifacts. Some worse than others. This is most likely not a bug, but the result of your video going through many forms of processing before it is rendered. If I were you, I would disable all video processing in the display and just let your PC handle the load. That is one of the main reasons for having an htpc in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I tend not to use sharpness. However, it was on by default under most of the presets and that's how I noticed this problem. Perhaps it's not a bug, but certainly an error in their sharpening algorithm, since it doesn't appear at 30 Hz.
Also, the reason for the post is to make sure it is indeed a software problem an not a hardware issue. It took me a while of playing around with different inputs, resolutions, and cables to boil it down to the sharpness setting.
post #47279 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How long have you had the new one?
5 days. No issues yet.
post #47280 of 64686 Old 06-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Nvidia Shield owners:

could you please post your shield settings to work properly with the tv? and which HDMI to use?

Just got the Shield yesterday, and its acting a bit funny. I have it on hdmi1, and i am getting a weird high pitch sound in Netflix when its not playing anything. Cant control volume either (5.1 passthrough i know, anyway around it?). Also, it doesnt seem to be outputting correctly in 4k as the picture looks 1080 or worse in Netflix (tablet shows 4k), and in Plex using the Itunes trailer channel, the output resolution is 640x480.

And could you please tell me your CEC/IR/sound settings?

Thanks!

Vizio p65
16gb Shield 2017
Vizio 2.1 soundbar

hdmi cable from shield to tv, optical from tv to soundbar, shield is on ethernet, high data package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page