Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1585 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #47521 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47522 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
So to sum it up, should local dimming be On or Off on the P Series?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #47523 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
On. Especially for HDR content.
callworth likes this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
The Coolest is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47524 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
vulsker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post
So to sum it up, should local dimming be On or Off on the P Series?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On!!!
reallynotnick and callworth like this.

__________________________________________________

Vizio P65-F1 - Vizio P55-C1 - Xbox One X - Playstation 4 Pro
vulsker is offline  
post #47525 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Member
 
1badabing2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico167 View Post
Make sure the input is active meaning whatever source u have plugged in is on. Can't perform test in casting.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jeremy Anderson is right, there is a bug, I'm on the latest firmware, and getting the patterns to show is more miss then a hit, even on a proper input source.
1badabing2005 is offline  
post #47526 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,000
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1727 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post
So to sum it up, should local dimming be On or Off on the P Series?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely On, local dimming is the reason you buy a Vizio P series rather than an inferior but more expensive Sami or Sony.
callworth likes this.
naustin is offline  
post #47527 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Definitely On, local dimming is the reason you buy a Vizio P series rather than an inferior but more expensive Sami or Sony.


I know especially with the 128 zones but it looks so dimmed when it's on though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #47528 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I don't know if any of this has come through but I have an issue I cannot figure out and am losing my mind. I have a vizio p75-c1 and an oppo 203. I can play all 4k hdr movies fine but my new dolby vision disk of dispicable me 2 is hit or miss. It will not load the picture even tho it says it's displaying dolby vision. Then pull out hdmi and put it in a different hdmi port (4) and it worked. Now this morning again when loading it is on a black screen. Vizio is claiming an issue with oppo but everything works then doesn't. I'm assuming user error. Has anyone delt with this and what am I doing wrong?
Kyle Eugene Ammons is offline  
post #47529 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,000
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1727 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post
I know especially with the 128 zones but it looks so dimmed when it's on though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HDR content can appear dark if you are not in a fairly dark room. To compensate use a brighter Gamma like 2.1 or even as bright at 1.8.

Try the Calibrated (daytime) setting if Calibrated Dark (nightime) is too dark for you on normal viewing. When you start an HDR10 or DV program, the P series will automatically switch the EOTF internally so don't adjust anything except Gamma when viewing HDR. Good luck.
naustin is offline  
post #47530 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Will do, thank you. Still pretty disapointed to see that the M series 2017, gets brighter


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #47531 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
It doesn't, only some specular highlights can in theory get brighter. In actual scenes it's still dimmer.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
The Coolest is offline  
post #47532 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,909
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by eJeremye View Post

Now that I'm on the newest firmware,
what's the current consensus on where
to set Judder and Reduce Motion Blur?

Also, am I crazy for using auto brightness
control (set to high)?


I don't know about 'Reduce Blur', since it's not on the P50-C1.

If you're a 'Cinema Purist', you would have 'Pure Cinema' On
and 'Reduce Judder' 0. If you want to tame the Juddering a
bit, you could use RJ of 1 or 2 or 3. I'm using 3.

Note: Technically, using RJ 1-10 introduces image distortions /
artifacts, though using RJ 0-3, it's rarely seen during content viewing.

(At least with my P50. Maybe it's more noticeable with a 65"
and larger sizes?)

Auto-Brightness: (Really, it's Auto-Backlight) Some owners leave
it Off. I use it as a quick Backlight Adjuster at night, depending
how overall bright or dark the content is. During varying Daylight,
you might see the Backlight slowly go up and down when On.


.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #47533 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,909
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post

So to sum it up, should Local Dimming be On or Off
on the P Series?


The ALZ feature is the 'Main Attraction' of the P-Series.

However, I selectively at times will turn it Off, especially
with 'Space' movies. Example, with 'Life', the opening
star field is horribly dimmed by the ALZ! ALZ just doesn't
cut it for space movies/series!

I watched the movie with ALZ Off and Brightness knocked
down a bit (49 or 48 or 47). Much better! Almost 'HDR'-like.

Don't open this if you don't want to know about the movie and how it ends:
Spoiler!



Unless a Display can have 6,000 Local Dimming Zones, it can never
properly handle pinpoint starlight and other areas of small
highlights.


.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #47534 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
The ALZ feature is the 'Main Attraction' of the P-Series.

However, I selectively at times will turn it Off, especially
with 'Space' movies. Example, with 'Life', the opening
star field is horribly dimmed by the ALZ! ALZ just doesn't
cut it for space movies/series!

I watched the movie with ALZ Off and Brightness knocked
down a bit (49 or 48 or 47). Much better! Almost 'HDR'-like.

Don't open this if you don't want to know about the movie and how it ends:
Spoiler!



Unless a Display can have 6,000 Local Dimming Zones, it can never
properly handle pinpoint starlight and other areas of small
highlights.


.


Yes it makes sense.
I'm sorry for reposting but this was my original question:

I've noticed the local dimming on the M series 2017 performs better on hdr content than on the P series since it brightens highlight as well, the P series (2016) tends to dim everything. Are these better local dimming performances something to be added to the 2016 P series via software update or on the 2017 models? Thank you

P.s: as an exemple, if I play a daylight scene from mad max 4k blu ray, I noticed the P local dimming will darken everything, bright sky, white spots, clouds... ending up losing details. the M actually brightens those when on.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoman94 likes this.

Last edited by Hubert.J.Farnsworth; 06-10-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #47535 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,909
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

I was hoping the latest firmware would get the
Test Patterns to show on my P50-C1... but nope.

Won't let me bring them up on any input and asks
me to connect a source.


I can bring-up the Test Patterns with my P50-C1.

You have to be on an active-device HDMI Input (device must be
on). (Cast won't work - it's not an 'HDMI-connected' device.)

Vizio could have worded that notice better... Active HDMI Device.
But, I'd like the Color Tuner/Test Patterns to work with the Cast Input,
myself.

If the above qualification is met, then have you done a Factory
Reset since your last Firmware Update?

(I haven't done this yet.)



.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #47536 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,968
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4582 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
The ALZ feature is the 'Main Attraction' of the P-Series.

However, I selectively at times will turn it Off, especially
with 'Space' movies. Example, with 'Life', the opening
star field is horribly dimmed by the ALZ! ALZ just doesn't
cut it for space movies/series!
...
I'm not sure this is true at all times? I recently watched "Passengers" 4k and thought it looked great on the Vizio "P" series with ALZ On...
Oldways7 likes this.

lujan
559 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #47537 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jeremy Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
I can bring-up the Test Patterns with my P50-C1.



You have to be on an active-device HDMI Input (device must be

on). (Cast won't work - it's not an 'HDMI-connected' device.)



Vizio could have worded that notice better... Active HDMI Device.

But, I'd like the Color Tuner/Test Patterns to work with the Cast Input,

myself.



If the above qualification is met, then have you done a Factory

Reset since your last Firmware Update?



(I haven't done this yet.)







.
The patterns don't work either on the 4k feed from my PC or the 1080p feed from my Xbox One. Always says to connect a source. I did a factory reset last night, same thing. Test patterns haven't worked since I got the TV.
rjsmith2007 likes this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremy Anderson is offline  
post #47538 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Member
 
tondeezy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post

So to sum it up, should Local Dimming be On or Off
on the P Series?


The ALZ feature is the 'Main Attraction' of the P-Series.

However, I selectively at times will turn it Off, especially
with 'Space' movies. Example, with 'Life', the opening
star field is horribly dimmed by the ALZ! ALZ just doesn't
cut it for space movies/series!

I watched the movie with ALZ Off and Brightness knocked
down a bit (49 or 48 or 47). Much better! Almost 'HDR'-like.

Don't open this if you don't want to know about the movie and how it ends:
Spoiler!



Unless a Display can have 6,000 Local Dimming Zones, it can never
properly handle pinpoint starlight and other areas of small
highlights.


.
I can never turn off ALZ. My screen just looks gray. At least for the P55 anyway...
tondeezy99 is offline  
post #47539 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,909
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post

...If I play a daylight scene from mad max 4k Blu-Ray,
I noticed the P local dimming will darken everything,
bright sky, white spots, clouds... ending up losing details.
The M actually brightens those when on.

I dunno about the M-Series and 4K Blu-Ray players.

Perhaps a setup thing (Inputs, UHD Color?) with the P-Series
Display?

Otherwise, something is not working right from your description
on what happens on the P-Series Display.

HDR will auto-set the Backlight to 50 if it's not on that setting
already. It can be manually adjusted down to 24, where peak
HDR brights are. Not saying this the correct setting for HDR.

Just for Giggles, try ALZ Off, Brightness at 49-to-47 and after
an HDR program starts, slide the Backlight to 24.

Have welder glass nearby.



.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #47540 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does anybody know why Best Buy's aren't selling the new P series? My Best Buy's Vizio display got updated and it's just 2 E's and 2 M's, with no P in Magnolia anymore. It doesn't appear on the website, either.
luke_wal is offline  
post #47541 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
I dunno about the M-Series and 4K Blu-Ray players.

Perhaps a setup thing (Inputs, UHD Color?) with the P-Series
Display?

Otherwise, something is not working right from your description
on what happens on the P-Series Display.

HDR will auto-set the Backlight to 50 if it's not on that setting
already. It can be manually adjusted down to 24, where peak
HDR brights are. Not saying this the correct setting for HDR.

Just for Giggles, try ALZ Off, Brightness at 49-to-47 and after
an HDR program starts, slide the Backlight to 24.

Have welder glass nearby.



.


If the ALZ is better turned off isn't the cheaper M series a better choice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #47542 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Glass panel loose behind bezel

I bought my P65-C1 in November and for the first time today decided to wipe off the little amount of dust and residue on the screen. When I did so, I noticed that the glass panel was moving... It seems like the glass panel in the bottom left corner is loose and can be moved back and forth pretty easily...

I just contacted Vizio support and they asked for picture with the TV on while playing a movie. I don't think this has an effect on the picture but damages could be caused in the long run which is what I would love to avoid.

Anybody had the same situation?
ToxiCRabbit is offline  
post #47543 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,909
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

I'm not sure this is true at all times?

I recently watched "Passengers" 4k and
thought it looked great on the Vizio "P"
series with ALZ On...

But, have you tried with ALZ Off and perhaps
knock Brightness down a bit (under 50)?

Technically, it would appear to apply to be
at 'all times'. So far, with every star field
I've seen, it always better with ALZ Off.

This is with streaming shows/movies.
I don't what it'll looks like with DVD.
(I'll need to unpack some space movies
and have a look.)

I don't what it will look like with a 4K
Blu-Ray, as I don't have one.

Again, it seems this would be 'all times', given
how ALZ works and the severely low number
of zones for pinpoint starlight.


I'll have to look at "Passengers" again.


.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #47544 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I checked passenger (uhd blu ray) turning ALZ on results in losing tons of details. I love having deep blacks but not if it means missing half of what's on screen


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #47545 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,000
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1727 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post
If the ALZ is better turned off isn't the cheaper M series a better choice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the cheaper M series looks better to your eyes buy it.
Ph8te, shoman94 and FirelanceRZ like this.
naustin is offline  
post #47546 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
beardontwalk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clear Lake, IA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked: 904
I can't believe all the people saying to turn ALZ Off......that should seriously be on all the time, especially for star field movies. Space looks much deeper with dimmed stars and a pitch black screen rather than a more gray screen with brighter stars....the only time I have ALZ off is with video games because I just play games in game mode. If you like gray blacks and a super bright screen than I would recommend an edge lit Samsung with HDR.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
beardontwalk123 is online now  
post #47547 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I can't believe all the people saying to turn ALZ Off......that should seriously be on all the time, especially for star field movies. Space looks much deeper with dimmed stars and a pitch black screen rather than a more gray screen with brighter stars....the only time I have ALZ off is with video games because I just play games in game mode. If you like gray blacks and a super bright screen than I would recommend an edge lit Samsung with HDR.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Agreed ... but there are cases where the FALD algorithm isn't quite there yet and can be very distracting ... live TV sports featuring any green fields with white stripes/poles/balls and camera panning (football, soccer, golf), and the backlight pumping isn't a pleasure to view.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
tazzarias is offline  
post #47548 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
pwishart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 615
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Eugene Ammons View Post
I don't know if any of this has come through but I have an issue I cannot figure out and am losing my mind. I have a vizio p75-c1 and an oppo 203. I can play all 4k hdr movies fine but my new dolby vision disk of dispicable me 2 is hit or miss. It will not load the picture even tho it says it's displaying dolby vision. Then pull out hdmi and put it in a different hdmi port (4) and it worked. Now this morning again when loading it is on a black screen. Vizio is claiming an issue with oppo but everything works then doesn't. I'm assuming user error. Has anyone delt with this and what am I doing wrong?
Most likely a HDMI cable that can't handle a 18Ghz video signal properly.
pwishart is offline  
post #47549 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,878
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 353
I did the rest due to my Directv(C61K) video intermittently dropping out(Monoprice Certified HDMI). The dropouts are gone, but now I get this beep occasionally. Nothing like this on my Xbox One though. Anyone else had the beep?

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #47550 of 64096 Old 06-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Has anybody been able to snag a 2017 P series remote (to use appsand change settings on the TV directly) for a 2016 TV? If so, where? I'm very much interested in finding one so I never have to worry about the tablet again.
luke_wal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off