Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1611 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #48301 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHMSEN View Post
I was talking to a support person a month ago and He already had the apps on his tv.
Closed beta usually includes employees.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ph8te, naustin and SamuraiXSendai like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48302 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I'm waiting on the arrival of my new P75. Obviously, I want this panel to be better than the one it's replacing.

What tests/demo patterns do you all recommend running to check out the basics like uniformity?

I'm not looking forward to the panel lottery but my current display was showing some bizarre dazzling pixels and I couldn't live with it.
post #48303 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Which one would you recommend for the most longevity/support paths for the future? I am a big Apple TV guy but since it doesn't support 4K natively/nor will it stream any 4K content which of those devices have the most apps and is the most high quality content/app selection? Also, I have a QNAP NAS that can stream to Cast devices so me being able to Cast from my QNAP is very important.

Thank you!
Just an FYI, it's looking like a given a 4K/HDR apple TV is coming this fall, and both Amazon and Vudu have announced aTV apps are coming. Odds are it will do HDR youtube as well.
Diversion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48304 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmikey12 View Post
What tests/demo patterns do you all recommend running to check out the basics like uniformity?

I recommend you DON'T look at any tests. Just watch the TV like you would normally. Looking at test patterns for problems will drive you insane and once you spot something, you'll always know it's there.

And why look for problems that don't show up in real world viewing?

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #48305 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@stikle @ironmikey12

About the only thing you can do without a meter is check brightness and contrast. I would agree that it's virtually pointless to make adjustments elsewhere without a profiled meter.

The only other thing you can do is try others posted calibrations. I recommend if you do this, then only try the 2 point (offset & Gain) as these will have the largest impact and you will tell immediately if is better or worse. The rest of the CMS and 11pt are more uniquely fine tuned to each individual display.

Good luck

naustin likes this.
post #48306 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Is anyone getting atoms with netflix's Okja movie. The LG oled tv's have it in their apps.
post #48307 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeyer View Post

So, I was looking for something to play in this VRV App. Little choices. I picked 'Day 5' or what'ever it's called.

Spoiler!

In between the ad inserts, the 'show' played ok (1080p) except after each ad. There was a few 'hiccups' after a few of the ads, as the video has to ramp-up to 1080 each time after an ad? Why? Each ad plays at 480! It takes a bit for the show to get back up to 1080. Poor implementation of this App.

Otherwise, the pic quality looked good on my P50 except for the times various scenes were badly out of focus, while suffering through the 44-minute episode. I had ALZ Off and Brightness at 48. No video 'blackouts'.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #48308 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm about to buy a 75" P series and I'm looking for peripherals that support all the latest buzzwords.... Question for owners - does the built-in Chromecast support Dolby Vision, since finding a streaming player other than Chromecast Ultra that does seems to be a bust at this time?
post #48309 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
I recommend you DON'T look at any tests. Just watch the TV like you would normally. Looking at test patterns for problems will drive you insane and once you spot something, you'll always know it's there.

And why look for problems that don't show up in real world viewing?
Makes sense. Sort of like buying a diamond.

Thx.

The issue that caused the swap ruined a lot of content. That's what I'll look out for. Haha
post #48310 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post
Well, I think I am going to try to get a second replacement set. The DSE just keeps getting worse and now there is a blob of dead pixels near the bottom center of the screen. I still have two months on my original warranty so it's at least worth a shot. I was so happy with this panel as well, it was a huge improvement over the first set I purchased. I have no idea how it just got so bad in basically less than a month.
All LCD's have DSE and all displays go though a break in period. If the dse bothers you then go for it. Be warned Forest, when you play the panel lottery, it's like a box of chocolates.

Is the group of dead pixels at the bottom only visible up close and below the lip so when you stand back they disappear? If so, then this is normal. My display has the same thing. Vizio says it's not defective. If it is visible from more than a foot away while centered on the display, then that would be defective.

Yeah its very noticeable from about 8 feet away
post #48311 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post
Yeah its very noticeable from about 8 feet away
Try gently massaging the pixels with a non abrasive cloth. Do a factory reset. If neither of those work, then you should call Vizio for a replacement.

post #48312 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Why does bright foliage have a flickering effect on the p65? It doesn't really bother me. I'm just curious. Because the screen is set too bright? Motion might have something to do with it? I mostly notice green leaves on trees having the flicker effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #48313 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxrider View Post
I'm about to buy a 75" P series and I'm looking for peripherals that support all the latest buzzwords.... Question for owners - does the built-in Chromecast support Dolby Vision, since finding a streaming player other than Chromecast Ultra that does seems to be a bust at this time?
It supports DV for Netflix and Vudu. Or any other HEVC DV source. It can't do DV with [email protected] content though, but it can do HDR10 with [email protected] content.
It doesn't support YouTube HDR, since it uses VP9 profile 2 codec which the SoC doesn't support.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #48314 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Why does bright foliage have a flickering effect on the p65? It doesn't really bother me. I'm just curious. Because the screen is set too bright? Motion might have something to do with it? I mostly notice green leaves on trees having the flicker effect.

What picture mode? What brightness setting? I have not noticed this with either default calibrated setting, though I now keep my brightness at 35.
post #48315 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked: 2072
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeyer View Post
Anybody mind doing some testing for me? I'm having issues with a specific application called "VRV" when trying to Cast video to my 2016 P Series set. The videos will play properly for a few minutes, and will then "go black" and there will no longer be any audio. The issue doesn't happen all of the time, but it definitely happens more than 75% of the time. I'm curious if anybody else can replicate the issue, or if it's somehow just an issue with my set; note that all other Cast-enabled applications (that I've tried anyway) work fine. I did try casting VRV to a standard Chromecast (or CCU, not sure), and it seemed to work fine.
I watched an episode of Bravest Warriors on VRV (I forgot they moved off of YouTube onto this app, so thanks for the reminder). I had no problems. I'll finish Bravest Warriors at some point and let you know if something happens. In the meantime, if it's a continuous problem for you, maybe try a factory reset?
post #48316 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 1169 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 3382
New Test Firmware

We are enabling SW version 3.3.16.1 for those of you on the early test code group. This release is a big one so bear with me as I run through the features, fixes, and known issues.

The most significant portion of this release in our SmartCast TV user experience! You are the first to use this outside of the company. For those of you with our XRT135 remote control or a VIZIO compatible IR remote you can access this feature by switching inputs to “SmartCast”. You will initially be prompted to get an IR remote… just press a direction key like up to dismiss this… the information in this dialog won’t be relevant or functional until we release final code (for this of you without our XRT135 remote - please email [email protected] with your serial number that is in our beta group and we will get one shipped out to you for free to say thank you for testing).

Once in the SmartCast TV experience you will be able to navigate content and apps as you would expect. If you navigate up to the top header and go up one more time you will see a new menu drop down that includes “Support” which houses a new section containing support videos and content.

PLEASE NOTE: the apps and functionality in SmartCast TV are test versions. You may run into issues as we continue to refine up until the full final release. Please don’t contact those app providers with bug reports as most issues are known and we are working on them. They have been very supportive of us releasing this code to the group here.

Couple of things you will notice:
1. Some apps will present audio no video - i.e. Xumo
2. Crackle playback or launch can be inconsistent
3. Play/pause doesn’t control the cast stream
4. Some state or UX issues

You will also see Amazon Video! Been hard to keep this quiet… in fact this is not yet publicly announced :-) UHD streams are not enabled on some specific models as we work through final certifications with Amazon but it is a huge addition I know many were looking for… enjoy!

You will also see a VERY simple USB media playback app.

Other changes include:
- Support for 50hz/100hz (officially this time)
- Fix for Xbox 5.1 audio output
- Better PQ and algorithms for HDR10 sources
- Fixes for color calibration tests
- CEC enhancements
- Numerous improvements/adjustments to UI

Thank you for your patience as the team worked over the last 6 months to bring this functionality to our platform. We appreciate you testing this code and reporting issues. I’ll be sporadically jumping on the forum and checking DMs throughout the coming weeks.

Thank you for being a VIZIO customer. Have a great Holiday Weekend!

Matt
post #48317 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked: 2072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McRae View Post
You will also see Amazon Video! Been hard to keep this quiet… in fact this is not yet publicly announced :-) UHD streams are not enabled on some specific models as we work through final certifications with Amazon but it is a huge addition I know many were looking for… enjoy!

Amazon!!! Thank you Matt!
post #48318 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Woot!

shoman94 and mikestr like this.
post #48319 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Downloading the new firmware now!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

Samsung 55JS9000
Vizio P65-C1
post #48320 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
snip...You will also see Amazon Video! Been hard to keep this quiet… in fact this is not yet publicly announced :-) UHD streams are not enabled on some specific models as we work through final certifications with Amazon but it is a huge addition I know many were looking for… enjoy! ...snip

Matt
Do UHD streams include HDR10/DV when applicable? Thank you!

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #48321 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
We are enabling SW version 3.3.16.1 for those of you on the early test code group. This release is a big one so bear with me as I run through the features, fixes, and known issues.

The most significant portion of this release in our SmartCast TV user experience! You are the first to use this outside of the company. For those of you with our XRT135 remote control or a VIZIO compatible IR remote you can access this feature by switching inputs to “SmartCast”. You will initially be prompted to get an IR remote… just press a direction key like up to dismiss this… the information in this dialog won’t be relevant or functional until we release final code (for this of you without our XRT135 remote - please email with your serial number that is in our beta group and we will get one shipped out to you for free to say thank you for testing).

Once in the SmartCast TV experience you will be able to navigate content and apps as you would expect. If you navigate up to the top header and go up one more time you will see a new menu drop down that includes “Support” which houses a new section containing support videos and content.

PLEASE NOTE: the apps and functionality in SmartCast TV are test versions. You may run into issues as we continue to refine up until the full final release. Please don’t contact those app providers with bug reports as most issues are known and we are working on them. They have been very supportive of us releasing this code to the group here.

Other changes include:
- CEC enhancements

Thank you for your patience as the team worked over the last 6 months to bring this functionality to our platform. We appreciate you testing this code and reporting issues. I’ll be sporadically jumping on the forum and checking DMs throughout the coming weeks.

Matt
Hello Matt. I live in Canada and got the remote. How do I download the Beta?
post #48322 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1569 Post(s)
Liked: 906
Quote:

The most significant portion of this release in our SmartCast TV user experience! You are the first to use this outside of the company. For those of you with our XRT135 remote control or a VIZIO compatible IR remote you can access this feature by switching inputs to “SmartCast”. You will initially be prompted to get an IR remote… just press a direction key like up to dismiss this… the information in this dialog won’t be relevant or functional until we release final code (for this of you without our XRT135 remote - please email [email protected] with your serial number that is in our beta group and we will get one shipped out to you for free to say thank you for testing).

Other changes include:
- CEC enhancements

Matt
Hello Matt! Thanks for the update. Was the motion issue resolved with HDR10 having the smoothing effect because of Pure Cinema being Off by default and could you elaborate on the Color Calibration fix?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #48323 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
Quote:
Downloading 3.3.16.1 now, thanks @Matt McRae !!!!!
post #48324 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzybananas View Post
Hello Matt. I live in Canada and got the remote. How do I download the Beta?
If you are in the beta program: on the remote hit Menu, scroll down to System, and click "Check for updates".
post #48325 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:

Other changes include:
- CEC enhancements

Matt
Thank you. I look forward to the improvements which I hope include any screen freeze fixes and improved small window brightness!

Happy 4th! Enjoy some beer!

PS, can you work on getting DirecTV Now app?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #48326 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Using Amazon app getting 4K but no HDR. @Matt McRae is there a way to enable HDR or is that "coming soon"? Thanks again for the update everything looks great so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samsung 55JS9000
Vizio P65-C1
post #48327 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
If you are in the beta program: on the remote hit Menu, scroll down to System, and click "Check for updates".
Does getting the remote mean I'm on the beta program?
post #48328 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
How does one register for the Beta program?
post #48329 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #48330 of 64109 Old 07-01-2017, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does getting the remote mean I'm on the beta program?
Quote:
How does one register for the Beta program?
1) Not necessarily
2) PM @Matt McRae your request with your serial number
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page