Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1620 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes

post #48571 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
What does your receiver say? That is ultimately what matters if you are going through a receiver.
My receiver says the right thing, but if the TV is doing something wrong, I think it should be addressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48572 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
That's not how it works. The app isn't even on the display itself....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Totally understand, I am talking about the Vizio Smartcast App Casting interface you see when you switch to casting input on the Tablet. Notice the Icons at the bottom of the Vizio Smartcast Screen after you start a Netflix show? cc << > >> O that is the Vizio inteface that I'd like to see on Amazon. Maybe it isn't possible since it isn't a true Cast app.
post #48573 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Liked: 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Totally understand, I am talking about the Vizio Smartcast App Casting interface you see when you switch to casting input on the Tablet. Notice the Icons at the bottom of the Vizio Smartcast Screen after you start a Netflix show? cc << > >> O that is the Vizio inteface that I'd like to see on Amazon. Maybe it isn't possible since it isn't a true Cast app.
I already explained this. Amazon does not and likely will not ever support Google based casting devices. The little icon you are talking about indicates the app supports it. This isn't something Vizio created. I don't know how much more I can break it down for you bud.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48574 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hi All,

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm curious how y'all deal with this...

Just got a new pre-amp that has 4k - the Marantz AV7702mkii, and I have two inputs - an Apple TV 4, and a PS4 Pro. I'd like to use the Marantz for switching.

In order to take advantage of optimal gaming, I know that I have to turn on subsampling for the input (for HDR support), and also turn on low latency (not that I need it, I'm kind of a crap gamer!). Those are the only two differences that I'd choose for gaming as opposed to movie watching.

So if I use my Marantz for switching, my P75 won't know which one I'm using, so I believe that I need to manually change those two settings for that input. Right? Am I overlooking anything? Is that what y'all do when you use a receiver for switching?

- Thanx
- Jon
post #48575 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Actually, SPDIF should have the the bandwidth to handle DD+ the problem is that SPDIF can't send info back and forth to allow the tv to know the receiver is DD+ capable. But if there was an option to force DD+ or atmos then SPDIF should actually be able to handle it. Just note that all receivers cannot recieve it this way.

Is there any possible way to just designate one of the HDMI ports to be audio out? Since I still have issues if I am using ARC with disconnects and such.

@Matt_Mcrae i think ShortyG's suggestion may be only solution to issue i referenced last night for Samsung K950 users. Using a non-arc hdmi port to be a secondary audio out. Also i've been playing around with tv since update and love it. I haven't found any issues to report as of yet (knock on wood)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #48576 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I already explained this. Amazon does not and likely will not ever support Google based casting devices. The little icon you are talking about indicates the app supports it. This isn't something Vizio created. I don't know how much more I can break it down for you bud.

I really do understand what you are saying just hoping Vizio could do a kludge on their Smartcast app just like they did adding Amazon to their Screen Apps but as you say probably no possible. The long term solution for Vizio is probably a better/new remote with play, rewind and pause buttons for non tablet users. Personally, I'll just keep Roku Ultra for Amazon. Peace.

Edit:While I'm not a fan of the new Vizio remote, the 2014 M series remote has pause, rewind etc buttons that work pretty well with Amazon.

Last edited by naustin; 07-03-2017 at 12:01 PM.
post #48577 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbie View Post
@Matt McRae

Hello. I am not a BETA user, but I must report a problem or lack of a feature. When playing discs through Blu-ray and DVD players (Have tried multiple) the TV (P55-C1) only displays the audio in the SmartCast app and info bar on TV as Stereo. It doesn’t matter what audio on the disc is selected. I’ve had a tech come and spoken with multiple managers at Vizio about the problem and they all say something different but mainly blame my Blu-ray player and receiver (have used two). Their solution is basically to deal with it. Users here have stated that it just displays as Stereo. So not sure if this is something that could be changed or not, but it would be cool for it to show the proper audio codec that is playing. Thank you!
I noticed with the 3.3.16.1 beta that the Smartcast app now shows the actual audio feed, at least codecs that the TV understands. You won't see Atmos at this point. I run everything through my AVR and I let it handle the audio. Don't really care what the TV thinks it's getting.
Mattopotamus likes this.
post #48578 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2113 Post(s)
Liked: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
Hi All,

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm curious how y'all deal with this...

Just got a new pre-amp that has 4k - the Marantz AV7702mkii, and I have two inputs - an Apple TV 4, and a PS4 Pro. I'd like to use the Marantz for switching.

In order to take advantage of optimal gaming, I know that I have to turn on subsampling for the input (for HDR support), and also turn on low latency (not that I need it, I'm kind of a crap gamer!). Those are the only two differences that I'd choose for gaming as opposed to movie watching.

So if I use my Marantz for switching, my P75 won't know which one I'm using, so I believe that I need to manually change those two settings for that input. Right? Am I overlooking anything? Is that what y'all do when you use a receiver for switching?

- Thanx
- Jon
I leave Gaming Low Latency on for all inputs and all viewing. It turns off all motions processing. You can leave it on and never have to worry about toggling it
jbauer and sonoftumble like this.
post #48579 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
I leave Gaming Low Latency on for all inputs and all viewing. It turns off all motions processing. You can leave it on and never have to worry about toggling it
Ok, thanks - what about the sub-sampling? Will that have any kinda adverse affect on my movie enjoyment?

- Thanx
- Jon
post #48580 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2113 Post(s)
Liked: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
Ok, thanks - what about the sub-sampling? Will that have any kinda adverse affect on my movie enjoyment?

- Thanx
- Jon
Sub-samping will turn on HDR. This will increase the input lag, but you stated that didn't really concern you . It is basically a decision as to what is more important: HDR or Lower input lag.

I also leave sub-sampling on for all inputs. I haven't noticed any negative effects by turning it on even without HDR signals.
jbauer likes this.
post #48581 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6641 Post(s)
Liked: 6457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbrooks330 View Post
@Matt_Mcrae i think ShortyG's suggestion may be only solution to issue i referenced last night for Samsung K950 users. Using a non-arc hdmi port to be a secondary audio out. Also i've been playing around with tv since update and love it. I haven't found any issues to report as of yet (knock on wood)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to "guess" that this won't be possible as it may require a hardware change (changing one of the HDMI dedicated ports dedicated functions). It's been requested for future model possibilities however.
post #48582 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really do understand what you are saying just hoping Vizio could do a kludge on their Smartcast app just like they did adding Amazon to their Screen Apps but as you say probably no possible. The long term solution for Vizio is probably a better/new remote with play, rewind and pause buttons for non tablet users. Personally, I'll just keep Roku Ultra for Amazon. Peace.

Edit:While I'm not a fan of the new Vizio remote, the 2014 M series remote has pause, rewind etc buttons that work pretty well with Amazon.
And I do understand what you are saying, it would be nice to control everything from 1 device. However, if Vizio attempted to create a way for users to control Amazon content on our displays using Google's cast functionality, then it would be a violation of Amazon's rules. Vizio would likely be taken to court, fined, and lose any functionality it has with the service. It won't happen bud.

As far as a new remote. News is there is one, but I have yet to see an image or know the full spectrum of functionality it will provide.

post #48583 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I noticed with the 3.3.16.1 beta that the Smartcast app now shows the actual audio feed, at least codecs that the TV understands. You won't see Atmos at this point. I run everything through my AVR and I let it handle the audio. Don't really care what the TV thinks it's getting.
Well, that's good to know. It's not a deal breaker to me, just want it brought to their attention. Like the audio isn't stereo. They (meaning the support teams in SD) shouldn't just gloss over it.
post #48584 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
@Matt McRae

I've seen many members of this and the beta thread asking to be added to the beta program, me being one of them. Could you please let us know definitively if the program is still open to new testers, or should we just wait/give up?

Thanks for all you do for us!

If you're still open for new testers, I would love to be one, and already have the remote:

47LTMATLCS50493

P65-C1
post #48585 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tondeezy99 View Post
There's been an update the PQ also? How is HDR material holding up?
That's what the post you quoted is about. Scene brightness seems to be brighter, which translates into better shadow detail, depth and contrast, color ( dark and bright) pop with accuracy. Highlights appear to be brighter.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Can't wait to check it out! Will have to test my new 4k discs when I get home.
post #48586 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Am I the only human who thinks if you are spending over 1000 bucks on a awesome p series you should invest in a proper remote as well ? I love love love this forum people like shoman who have contributed so much ... but then you have the constant ones who keep talking about this 2 dollar remote lol.. cmon guys go buy a harmony .. it works perfect with this tv, it's been updated to support all the casting stuff. Stop caring about a dinky child's remote. Literally pages upon pages about this vizio basic remote...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoman94, tdwilli1 and stikle like this.
post #48587 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Am I the only human who thinks if you are spending over 1000 bucks on a awesome p series you should invest in a proper remote as well ? I love love love this forum people like shoman who have contributed so much ... but then you have the constant ones who keep talking about this 2 dollar remote lol.. cmon guys go buy a harmony .. it works perfect with this tv, it's been updated to support all the casting stuff. Stop caring about a dinky child's remote. Literally pages upon pages about this vizio basic remote...
I really like the simple remote. It's just that... simple. I used it way more than the tablet "remote". In fact, all I ever really wished from it is that it had a few more buttons. Now that we are getting on-screen menus and smart TV features the new remote will fit the bill perfectly. A Harmony remote would be a superfluous expense.
CleCakYngMfd and Oldways7 like this.
post #48588 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Sbuchanan813 sure if you send me $300 for a clicker. If not I'm more than happy to save my $300 for something more useful for the money.

CleCakYngMfd and Oldways7 like this.
post #48589 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
@Sbuchanan813 sure if you send me $300 for a clicker. If not I'm more than happy to save my $300 for something more useful for the money.

You can get the 650 for under 50 bucks that will control everything . But ok.

post #48590 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You can get the 650 for under 50 bucks that will control everything . But ok.

Just looked. That thing looks bigger than my..... Nevermind. Too gawdy. I thought you were referring to those top end harmony remotes. I don't need a remote that big. Makes me feel like a child holding the damn thing lol.

I. Intrigued what the new Vizio remote will have. A full qwerty keyboard on the back would be icing on the cake.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #48591 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
And I do understand what you are saying, it would be nice to control everything from 1 device....

As far as a new remote. News is there is one, but I have yet to see an image or know the full spectrum of functionality it will provide.

Yeah, I realise Vizio can't actually modify Googlecast, even though Amazon is on their OnScreen "smartcast" apps. As an FYI, my 2014 M series remote works on the new Amazon App (as well as Netflix) on my P65. The rewind pause etc and the Alpha Keypad work. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
post #48592 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Sub-samping will turn on HDR. This will increase the input lag, but you stated that didn't really concern you . It is basically a decision as to what is more important: HDR or Lower input lag.

I also leave sub-sampling on for all inputs. I haven't noticed any negative effects by turning it on even without HDR signals.
@jbauer

Sub-sampling will not increase input lag, it will also only allow HDR on some devices, which do not see it as a HDR display without it.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #48593 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, I realise Vizio can't actually modify Googlecast, even though Amazon is on their OnScreen "smartcast" apps. As an FYI, my 2014 M series remote works on the new Amazon App (as well as Netflix) on my P65. The rewind pause etc and the Alpha Keypad work. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Yah good to know basic ir functionality works.

post #48594 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Just looked. That thing looks bigger than my..... Nevermind. Too gawdy. I thought you were referring to those top end harmony remotes. I don't need a remote that big. Makes me feel like a child holding the damn thing lol.

I. Intrigued what the new Vizio remote will have. A full qwerty keyboard on the back would be icing on the cake.

My harmony and this dinky cheep basic remote are nearly the same size. The 650 is maybe a tad bigger than this harmony. I get it though, if you are just going to use the casting apps and nothing more and have no other peripherals ... but I control my Xbox, roku, 4k bluray player, sound system. I spent over 3k on my p75 so why would I use a 3 dollar remote with it?

post #48595 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:

You could spend $10 and get the XRT500. It may not look as 'sleek' as the new remotes do, but it's functional, has a backlit keyboard on the back, and is pretty solid.
Looks like it'll work just fine with the new firmware.
Torqdog likes this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #48596 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
You could spend $10 and get the XRT500. It may not look as 'sleek' as the new remotes do, but it's functional, has a backlit keyboard on the back, and is pretty solid.
Yah I saw that one. I'm waiting to see what the new unreleased remote looks like. If it has the same functionality or better and is smaller, then I'll go for it.

post #48597 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:

My harmony and this dinky cheep basic remote are nearly the same size. The 650 is maybe a tad bigger than this harmony. I get it though, if you are just going to use the casting apps and nothing more and have no other peripherals ... but I control my Xbox, roku, 4k bluray player, sound system. I spent over 3k on my p75 so why would I use a 3 dollar remote with it?

I've got a Harmony Elite, and it simplifies a lot, but sometimes the wife would prefer the most basic remote. Plus, I don't always like 8 year-olds using my expensive remote.
post #48598 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
I've got a Harmony Elite, and it simplifies a lot, but sometimes the wife would prefer the most basic remote. Plus, I don't always like 8 year-olds using my expensive remote.

Why are you hanging out with 8 year olds?

SamuraiXSendai likes this.
post #48599 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
Yes it does, same as the 2014 M series remote I have been testing with 3.3.16.1 on Amazon and Netflix.
https://www.amazon.com/Qwerty-Remote.../dp/B00L5GDOS8
Torqdog likes this.
post #48600 of 64337 Old 07-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 207
They keep me young, LOL.
Sbuchanan813 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page