Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1628 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288526Likes

post #48811 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5072 Post(s)
Liked: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post

Not really good for movie/show watching.
GLL will only exaggerate/sharpen Judder-Edging.
GLL doesn't reduce Judder, it just sharpens it.
Best leave GLL for the gamers. LwaW

It removes all processing and eliminates some of the judder I've seen. I see no issue.

Quote:
I played 'Cosmos LaudroMATT' last night, and found that
peak HDR-DV bright is 18 with the Backlight according the the
bright center of the swirl at 8:08 into the short.

Moving the Backlight up, blows-out the bright and goes back
down after 30 (but remains a bit still blown-out) and stops going
down from about the 75-to-100 Backlight range.

If I stop the short and start it up again, the last Backlight number
I had set it to while playing Cosmos, is remembered and snaps to
that number, such as 18 or 75.

So it appear 75 is a happy compromise to tone down the peak bright
blow-out and yet have decent mid-tone levels.

If I leave it at 50, there's blown-out HDR peak-brights. I saw it in
'Iron Fist', also.

Yes because your eyes are better than meters and the engineering company Vizio. 🙄

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd, promike, Ph8te and 3 others like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48812 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 29
@Matt McRae

I have a new issue with the 3.3.16.1 update. I'm randomly getting no signal from my Denon 3200. I had no problems before this last update. It seems to happen most often when switching inputs on the Denon. It's also happened by just switching off the Denon. Again, never had this issue before 3.3.16.1.

The only way to fix it is turn everything off and back on.
post #48813 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2838 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
It is not my fault Vizio Support gives wrong information and also not my fault you did not read my post history where I said that was the source. Call Vizio support yourself like I did instead of being lazy and complaining waiting to be spoon fed.
Quote:
Those who submitted to be in the beta, you are supposed to email [email protected] for the XRT136 remote, per instructions from Matt... In other words, you have to be in the beta firmware first.

This remote just has buttons for direct application launching, similar to previous years ago Vizio remotes...
Maybe you should read your own posts. You did specify Matt. He has already said the​ 136 is not available yet. Please stop making a scene.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by skschatzman; 07-05-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48814 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Not my only post on the topic. Vizio Support is the one passing on wrong information, perhaps I should just post the chat transcript next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldegreybeard View Post
Quote:
It is not my fault Vizio Support gives wrong information and also not my fault you did not read my post history where I said that was the source. Call Vizio support yourself like I did instead of being lazy and complaining waiting to be spoon fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Quote:
No I said that's what Vizio support told me.
Dude you said it was per Matt's Instructions. I'm looking at your post now. Matt never gave those instructions. You never said anything about support.

libertyforall
about 16 hours ago ? #48723
Those who submitted to be in the beta, you are supposed to email [email protected] for the XRT136 remote, per instructions from Matt... In other words, you have to be in the beta firmware first.

This remote just has buttons for direct application launching, similar to previous years ago Vizio remotes...

I don't take sides but this is what you posted and you said per Matt.
post #48815 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 31
It was not my only post, you did not read them all, hence your confusion. Vizio Support were the ones who stated this, get it? Blame Vizio for its piss poor communications and slap dash beta program.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you should read your own posts. You did specify Matt. He has already said the? 136 is not available yet. Please stop making a scene.

Ph8te likes this.
post #48816 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It was not my only post, you did not read them all, hence your confusion. Vizio Support were the ones who stated this, get it? Blame Vizio for its piss poor communications and slap dash beta program.
Let's just give this a rest guys. The xrt136 is not available so it doesn't matter. The xrt135 is available and the beta email is the way to get it. Move on.....
I am glad that we at least get this firmware before it's public. I'm also glad that Matt makes a presence here every so often and I know that they monitor this forum silently. None of us should ruin what we have.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #48817 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I've noticed an issue with the latest beta when you switch the inputs on the display it fires the CEC message and turns on my electronics when I'm not wanting them on. I.E. I have my cable, Wii and PS4 running through my Denon AVR and my Sony X800 running directly to the P65 with the separate audio going to my AVR. If I've switched my P65 to the X800 input and then back to the AVR input it will fire up my PS4. I believe it happens when I switch from the Smartcast back to the AVR input as well.

Make sense?

I can solve the issue by just turning off that feature on my PS4, but I wanted to point out that it's a new issue with the latest Beta.

-=gos=-
mpgxsvcd and reallynotnick like this.

Vizio P65-C1 - Denon AVR-X1200W - Klipsch RF-52 II, RC-62 II, RS-41 II & RP-140SA - Triad InRoom Gold PowerSub - DirecTV HR54 & C61K - Sony UBP-X800 - PS4 Pro
post #48818 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by goslin23 View Post
I've noticed an issue with the latest beta when you switch the inputs on the display it fires the CEC message and turns on my electronics when I'm not wanting them on. I.E. I have my cable, Wii and PS4 running through my Denon AVR and my Sony X800 running directly to the P65 with the separate audio going to my AVR. If I've switched my P65 to the X800 input and then back to the AVR input it will fire up my PS4. I believe it happens when I switch from the Smartcast back to the AVR input as well.

Make sense?

I can solve the issue by just turning off that feature on my PS4, but I wanted to point out that it's a new issue with the latest Beta.

-=gos=-
Glad to know I'm not crazy. Just received the update on my P55 last night. I used my Harmony to fire up my x800 and on went my PS4. Could not figure out why this was happening. It stopped when I turned quick start on the display off. I will have to do some testing tonight as I didn't have much time to test the update.

P.s do you get YouTube HDR on the x800 without screen flickering? I have attempted to bypass my AVR before using one cable to the display and one to the AVR for audio, however my AVR would attempt to switch inputs on the AVR.
post #48819 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Matt McRae @shoman94

It seems the issue with Hue/Saturation/Brightness is worse than I previously thought. Now that we can load patterns into the display via the USB, I was comparing calibration results against my first stick with virtualforge. As I was doing comparisons I noticed that the 3 CMS settings are not loading properly, even when I did the load picture settings after turning on the display.

Turns out the CMS settings are offloaded when a video is started, so you need to load the picture settings while a video is in playback if you want them to load at all. You have to do this every single time you playback a video(at least through the built in cast). I tested this thoroughly. I have called Vizio and asked Matt to reply numerous times on this thread to address this issue. I am not sure why my posts are being ignored as he has no problem responding to less trivial posts. This is a major bug and it needs to be addressed. I should not have to jump through hoops to to get my $1900 display to work the way it's supposed to.

I discovered this issue over 8 months ago and has probably existed longer than that. Anyone with a meter can test this.

post #48820 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you should read your own posts. You did specify Matt. He has already said the? 136 is not available yet. Please stop making a scene.

Let's give this a rest guys. We should be thankful for what Vizio has provided to us members. I was able to obtain the remote by a simple email request to Vizio. I was not in the beta at the time. With the beta firmware installed, a message will display on how to obtain a remote.

I'm just excited that we all get to experience testing the firmware and providing input to Vizio. We are lucky that Matt is allowing us to be apart of this.
Anago and Skunka like this.
post #48821 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecf1969 View Post
Long time lurker, P65-C1 owner since May...I need some advice, please, on DSE that I am experiencing and if there is a general consensus among the experts on this board if it appears bad enough to report it to Vizio Tech support to see if I have a chance of getting it replaced. I've seen some photos posted on this thread that appear better AND worse than what I am seeing. I'm just not sure I know what the acceptable standard of DSE in these monitors is, specifically when dealing with Vizio and their DSE threshold.

I watch at lot of sports where DSE is usually most noticeable (football, golf, hockey), but I am also noticing it on typical programming with faces, etc., even when directly facing the monitors. Event if my case isn't severe, it still very distracting and disappointing.

Please check out the images below, taken on flat 100%. Your input is very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
DSE is apparent in LED displays. It's the nature of the beast. Some may be better than others. You will notice this most on panning scenes and in sports which you have described. I personally just live with it as I don't notice it too much. You can play the panel lottery, but you may get one that has other issues or not.
post #48822 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by goslin23 View Post

Make sense?

-=gos=-
I can confirm this happens with my P75 after the update as well. It did not happen at all before the update.
post #48823 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Matt McRae @shoman94

It seems the issue with Hue/Saturation/Brightness is worse than I previously thought. Now that we can load patterns into the display via the USB, I was comparing calibration results against my first stick with virtualforge. As I was doing comparisons I noticed that the 3 CMS settings are not loading properly, even when I did the load picture settings after turning on the display.

Turns out the CMS settings are offloaded when a video is started, so you need to load the picture settings while a video is in playback if you want them to load at all. You have to do this every single time you playback a video(at least through the built in cast). I tested this thoroughly. I have called Vizio and asked Matt to reply numerous times on this thread to address this issue. I am not sure why my posts are being ignored as he has no problem responding to less trivial posts. This is a major bug and it needs to be addressed. I should not have to jump through hoops to to get my $1900 display to work the way it's supposed to.

I discovered this issue over 8 months ago and has probably existed longer than that. Anyone with a meter can test this.

I agree it needs to be fixed but it is still acting exactly as it was with the previous firmware. I will post a video shortly.

Edit: @skschatzman I see what you are saying about it in cast mode. You have to select the pic mode while watching the content! @Matt McRae this is a rediculous bug and needs to be fixed ASAP!

Edit2: Here is what it does on an HDMI input. I used RED [email protected] -50 to show what happens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr...w?usp=drivesdk

Skunka likes this.

Last edited by shoman94; 07-05-2017 at 02:20 PM.
post #48824 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Possible New Beta Issue?

All,

Previously when playing a VUDU movie I own in UHD with DD+ sound from my tablet, the TV would report back DD+ was playing, but when I got the update and ran the movie from the built in VUDU app on the TV, the TV only reported it was playing Dolby Audio.

Is this a beta bug with the built in smart app from this beta update or is it the new way the TV is displaying information and I just have to trust it's playing with DD+ audio?

Thanks for any help.
post #48825 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Prezbindowski View Post
All,

Previously when playing a VUDU movie I own in UHD with DD+ sound from my tablet, the TV would report back DD+ was playing, but when I got the update and ran the movie from the built in VUDU app on the TV, the TV only reported it was playing Dolby Audio.

Is this a beta bug with the built in smart app from this beta update or is it the new way the TV is displaying information and I just have to trust it's playing with DD+ audio?

Thanks for any help.
This had been answered already. Dolby wants them to report all audio now as Dolby Audio.

post #48826 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Prezbindowski View Post
All,

Thanks for any help.
In another thread Matt said this change was requested by Dobly.
post #48827 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4727 Post(s)
Liked: 2756
I'm looking for another forum member with a same device configuration as mine to test something:

Vizio "P" Series
Denon 2015 "200 Series AVR
Oppo UDP-203

I'm getting very bad A/V sync when watching the new 4k discs with Dolby Vision. I watched my first one the other day called "Power Rangers" but the sync was pretty bad to where I had to adjust the sync on both the Oppo and the AVR to +200. When speaking to Oppo about this they suspect it's the Vizio slowing down the video rather than the Denon with the issue. If it's turns out to the Vizio, could having the Full UHD Color set to "On" be causing this? I don't know of any other setting on the Vizio that could cause the A/V sync to be so off?

lujan
569 Ultra HD
726 HD
4 SD
post #48828 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I agree it needs to be fixed but it is still acting exactly as it was with the previous firmware. I will post a video shortly.

Edit: @skschatzman I see what you are saying about it in cast mode. You have to select the pic mode while watching the content! @Matt McRae this is a rediculous bug and needs to be fixed ASAP!

Edit2: Here is what it does on an HDMI input. I used RED [email protected] -50 to show what happens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr...w?usp=drivesdk

Thank you for doing all of that. It's driving me nuts

shoman94 and Skunka like this.
post #48829 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

@Matt M cRae
First off love the TV, I'm on the latest beta and besides some control issues (rewind in Vudu) the new firmware is nice. If you are looking for a couple more Apps to add, I would love to have:

Pandora
PlayStation Vue
Tablo

If I get those I'll unhook my Roku

Thanks again for a great product and being engaged here on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #48830 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg2006 View Post
This is the problem i am sending a pic and yes i reestablish my wi fi setting and i tried via ethernet
Wow that is ugly. I'd suggest just casting from your Tablet or Phone if you can and see if watching a cast show clears it up. If that doesn't work, I'd say it is time to call Vizio Customer Support. Good luck.
I text with Matt for what iam seeing i need to wait lol thanks
post #48831 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2046 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:

It seems the issue with Hue/Saturation/Brightness
is worse than I previously thought.

Turns out the CMS settings are offloaded when a
video is started, so you need to load the picture settings
while a video is in playback if you want them to load at all.

You have to do this every single time you playback a video
(at least through the built in cast). I tested this thoroughly.

This also happens with any Saved Custom Picture Mode?

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #48832 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This also happens with any Saved Custom Picture Mode?

Yes. It's something that Vizio has never publicly addressed. Tech support on the phone keeps saying it's something that is supposed to be fixed next firmware update. They have told me this the last 3 updates. And every time it isn't fixed. Hardly anyone knows about it as most people don't have a meter and are visually incapable to notice it.

You can attempt to recreate it by watching @shoman94 video and follow the steps.

shoman94 likes this.
post #48833 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for doing all of that. It's driving me nuts

Well, hopefully he takes notice and comments about it. I also sent the post link to a contact at Vizio that I hope can forward it to engineering.

post #48834 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2046 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:

Yes because your eyes are better than meters
and the engineering company Vizio. 🙄

What? You automatically discard my visual result because
I don't have 'metered' results? I'm reporting what anyone
else can see visually.

Whether it's supposed to work that way or not, is another matter.

Anyone else can replicate what I did and see if they're
seeing what I'm seeing. No meter required - it's that obvious.

Backlight 18 is HDR-DV peak-bright as far as Cosmos goes
at the 8:08 mark. Around 19-to-30 that white spot is blown-out.
It goes down after that while the mid-tones are going up.

If your Display is not doing that, then perhaps my P50 is not
handling Dolby Vision like it should?

Why the insult?

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #48835 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What? You automatically discard my visual result because
I don't have 'metered' results? I'm reporting what anyone
else can see visually.

Whether it's supposed to work that way or not, is another matter.

Anyone else can replicate what I did and see if they're
seeing what I'm seeing. No meter required - it's that obvious.

Backlight 18 is HDR-DV peak-bright as far as Cosmos goes
at the 8:08 mark. Around 19-to-30 that white spot is blown-out.
It goes down after that while the mid-tones are going up.

If your Display is not doing that, then perhaps my P50 is not
handling Dolby Vision like it should?

Why the insult?

You don't know ,nor do I, what the producer intended. Cosmos doesn't max out the display nits which you can't tell by eye and your visual perception doesn't make sense to me. All I said is that by your statement, Vizio has no clue what they are doing. Wasn't meant to be insulting....

post #48836 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes. It's something that Vizio has never publicly addressed. Tech support on the phone keeps saying it's something that is supposed to be fixed next firmware update. They have told me this the last 3 updates. And every time it isn't fixed. Hardly anyone knows about it as most people don't have a meter and are visually incapable to notice it.

You can attempt to recreate it by watching @shoman94 video and follow the steps.

I think it's even worse for the CAST input with DV and HDR10. I'll have to do more testing once the wife goes to bed but after starting F8 on Vudu and selecting the pic mode, from what I saw change, I don't think it's just the HSB tables that aren't being loaded. It might be the whole thing.

post #48837 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think it's even worse for the CAST input with DV and HDR10. I'll have to do more testing once the wife goes to bed but after starting F8 on Vudu and selecting the pic mode, from what I saw change, I don't think it's just the HSB tables that aren't being loaded. It might be the whole thing.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

post #48838 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Enable GLL and enjoy.... lol

That doesn't seem to work anymore. Figured out that by switching to Smartcast, u are able to tweak Reduce Judder on all ur saved pic modes then switch back to ur initial device. Hope this gets fixed for the public release. @Matt McRae

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sbuchanan813 likes this.

Last edited by Rico167; 07-05-2017 at 09:43 PM.
post #48839 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
If you have GLL on Reduce Judder will be grayed out.

On mine GLL is off & Reduce Judder is greyed out on both HDMI devices. I can access Reduce Judder through Smartcast only since the update.

post #48840 of 64213 Old 07-05-2017, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico167 View Post
That doesn't seem to work anymore. Figured out that by switching to Smartcast, u are able to tweak Reduce Judder on all ur saved pic modes then switch back to ur initial device. Hope this gets fixed for the public release. @Matt McRae

You can access Judder for 24hz non HDR content. 30hz content and 24hz DV content disables it. Also 60hz disables. I use GLL for 60hz content. I also have RJ set to 2 for 24hz content.
Rico167 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page