Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 165 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288471Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4921 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by steba View Post
Rtings says thisTV is the brightest TV they have ever had. Why is the nit lower than the js9000 and js9500. Also the new Samsung suhd lineup will be at a 1000 nits. Is it a gimmick or something? Sorry I'm kinda new to all this.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It's all relative... black level to brightness.... Native contrast and what's in between.

Anyway, numbers become irrelevant at some point when the TV simply performs beyond expectations and meets the needs at a consumer friendly price point.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4922 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
It's all relative... black level to brightness.... Native contrast and what's in between.

Anyway, numbers become irrelevant at some point when the TV simply performs beyond expectations and meets the needs at a consumer friendly price point.
Yea I agree. Just trying to understand it. The only problem I am having is finding the p65 at my local Best Buys.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
steba is offline  
post #4923 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by steba View Post
Yea I agree. Just trying to understand it. The only problem I am having is finding the p65 at my local Best Buys.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Order one and ask them to set it up for you before you take delivery.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4924 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher jones View Post
Why does the screen look funky with a lot of white or light grey? Sometimes the pixels are flickering if you get up close and look at them.
Looks like you have a new tv. Congrats.

Read page 1, post 1 for setup tips and some general info.

Sparkles... often that refers to white pixels due data transfer problems which is typically related to a cable issue. If you are using a cable longer than 15 ft for anything 4k, cable quality is now known to be a real issue to get 4k/60 at any color depth consistently.

If your "sparkles" are something else, It's hard to say. I can't really tell from your photos.
Thanks, pics are from a still image on play music from nvidea shield. It was really bad on Apple TV 4 due to pretty much always white background. Glad to know there isn't anything wrong. So far liking the Vizio p65
christopher jones is offline  
post #4925 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Member
 
joeyd1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Finally hung my P75 on the wall. Have to purchase a new receiver though as hdmi is blown out and it's a good excuse to buy a new one. Thinking about the new Yamaha RXV series. Set up the harmony elite remote and it's working. New picures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1460301803307.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	1369714   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1460302023472.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1369746  
wmwilker, VBB, k124 and 16 others like this.
joeyd1965 is offline  
post #4926 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Member
 
bamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd1965 View Post
Finally hung my P75 on the wall. Have to purchase a new receiver though as hdmi is blown out and it's a good excuse to buy a new one. Thinking about the new Yamaha RXV series. Set up the harmony elite remote and it's working. New picures.
Love that wall! It makes that P75 look kinda small ... suddenly I have size envy.
bamaster is offline  
post #4927 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Here is my before and after of saturation.

Can you tell me how I adjust my Primary/secondary colors and set Brightness/contrast?
To set your brightness and contrast use the AVS 709 disk or the Disney Wow disk. In the 709 disk it's the 16 to 255 ramp on the Wow disk they have a chapter for the brightness/contrast. Once that is set then do the grayscale.
I would wait for the Golden Reference before changing the CMS. It will be a CalMan workflow but I'm sure we will get the references settings for other software users.
WiFi-Spy, Ph8te and shoman94 like this.

Mike

wmwilker is offline  
post #4928 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Furyus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzond View Post

I am using an hdmi switch and have a single cable going to hdmi 1 in the panel


Can you bypass the switch so you are direct between the Dtv receiver and the TV? Use the cable supplied by Vizio if you can.

Sony XBR-65X900E / Sony STRDN1080 / Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 Series / Vizio P55-C1 / Vizio SB4031-D5 / DirecTV Genie (non-4K) / Apple TV 4 / Apple TV 4K / Roku Premiere+
Furyus is offline  
post #4929 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Member
 
joeyd1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd1965 View Post
Finally hung my P75 on the wall. Have to purchase a new receiver though as hdmi is blown out and it's a good excuse to buy a new one. Thinking about the new Yamaha RXV series. Set up the harmony elite remote and it's working. New picures.
Love that wall! It makes that P75 look kinda small ... suddenly I have size envy.
Too funny. Couldn't get the wife to go any bigger! Sure tried though....
joeyd1965 is offline  
post #4930 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
 
tts42572's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Rtings.com has said this TV is great for video games....But saw some other comments in the thread that people were having some issues...

Just wondering if anybody can speak to gaming on the P Series. I'm a big PS4 user and the majority of the TV's uses will just be for watching TV and gaming.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around Vizio as not being a budget, big box manufacturer...
tts42572 is offline  
post #4931 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
Rtings.com has said this TV is great for video games....But saw some other comments in the thread that people were having some issues...

Just wondering if anybody can speak to gaming on the P Series. I'm a big PS4 user and the majority of the TV's uses will just be for watching TV and gaming.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around Vizio as not being a budget, big box manufacturer...
Good comments. I've seen some reports about stuttering from HTPC and PS4. I haven't hooked one up yet, so I can't add much other than if there is an issue, it's firmware. Vizio has lead the pack in game lag for awhile now. it will be patched if there is an issue.

As far as Vizio's history, every company enters the market somehow. I like how these guys are making great technology affordable. Showcasing TV's is difficult nowadays.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #4932 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,915
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by steba View Post
Rtings says thisTV is the brightest TV they have ever had. Why is the nit lower than the js9000 and js9500. Also the new Samsung suhd lineup will be at a 1000 nits. Is it a gimmick or something? Sorry I'm kinda new to all this.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


Samsung is rating their "peak" brightness on a small window (highlight peak) not their full screen nit level. Vizio only lists their full screen nit level. You'll see in reviews that Samsungs have a lower full screen brightness (nit value).
thomasfxlt and Oldways7 like this.
Ph8te is offline  
post #4933 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
thunderbird1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
Rtings.com has said this TV is great for video games....But saw some other comments in the thread that people were having some issues...

Just wondering if anybody can speak to gaming on the P Series. I'm a big PS4 user and the majority of the TV's uses will just be for watching TV and gaming.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around Vizio as not being a budget, big box manufacturer...
Speaking of the rtings review it says even this new P series suffers the same issues the previous Vizios did with upscaling 480p/720p content. I dont care about 480p content as i dont watch DVDs, but i watch tv and probably the majority of my tv viewing is 720p content. Almost a deal breaker for me if it's not up to par still, but i wonder what some folks comments are on that.
thunderbird1100 is offline  
post #4934 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
I would be surprised if other people posted video from hockey and had no signs of that. I was watching that game and when I saw your post I looked from both angles and while mine might not be as dark as yours looks in the video it is definitely still there. And oddly I notice it much more on the right side and not so much the left.
Same here. If I look for the lines during light scenes or watching soccer/golf I can see them. Not as dark as in the hockey video, but it's there. I'm guessing this will be an issue in varying degrees based on the set. Not sure if it's worth swapping out and possibly getting a worse set. It's slightly annoying during sports but I haven't really noticed it watching movies or TV shows. Off axis definitely magnifies it.
Empire_of_Death is offline  
post #4935 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Member
 
kidvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We've narrowed down our choices to the new LG IPS display (UH800) and this one. Our furthest seat is on a 35 degree viewing angle, so I pulled up the RTINGS viewing angle videos and took screenshots at zero and 35 degree angles, at 720p.

Is it just me, or does the Vizio still look better at 35 degrees than the IPS panel, and why would that be? I thought that was the main benefit of the IPS panel.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viewing angles.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1369810  

Last edited by kidvid; 04-10-2016 at 09:08 AM.
kidvid is offline  
post #4936 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,915
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100 View Post
Speaking of the rtings review it says even this new P series suffers the same issues the previous Vizios did with upscaling 480p/720p content. I dont care about 480p content as i dont watch DVDs, but i watch tv and probably the majority of my tv viewing is 720p content. Almost a deal breaker for me if it's not up to par still, but i wonder what some folks comments are on that.


There have been literally a metric ton of comments on cable (720p/1080i) reports. It all depends on what is "up to par" to you. Everyone has different ideas and expectations. This is especially the case when making a large jump in size. People often don't realize just how bad their sources are until they make that large jump.
shoman94, thomasfxlt and Furyus like this.
Ph8te is offline  
post #4937 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turts85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood281 View Post
The rtings review confused me a little.

They stated that they had the 65" model and the motion lag was extremely good.

They also stated in the questions section that the 50" model should have the same motion blur levels.

I had the 50" model and the motion blur was bad when playing my PS4. Every rendered object on the display would have lighter ghost image approximately 3/4 an inch in the opposite side of movement when panning the field of view.

I was hoping that the P65 would not have e this problem due to its panel having double the refresh rate as the P50.

Maybe someone with more expertise in the matter can fill me in on if getting the 65" version would solve the problem, and if rtings would be wrong about both versions having similar motion blur capabilities.
I am also wondering this but I have tried to ask multiple times, LEGIT QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TV that I plan on picking up tomorrow, but to no avail. Rtings does state the 50" should be the same in motion blur as the 65", with the only difference being the 50" can not do [email protected] which would be for PC gamers which is not me so that doesn't bother me. Here is how I see it. Since Game Mode turns off all extra processing options aka SOE controls and its basically just a dedicated game mode, so at that point it becomes a 60hz native vs 120hz native so technically the 120hz screen should have less judder and motion blur but I'm also not an expert so that may not be how it works. To me game mode is game mode and games only run on consoles (x1 and ps4) at the most 30-60fps so it shouldn't be an issue either way, meaning there shouldn't be a benefit to the 120hz screen since the game can only project at 60fps tops.

As for movies the 65" will have the upper hand because the 50" can not properly do 3:2 pulldown which will introduce judder, but I have also read that Vizio has a dedicated 24p option when playing movies but I don't see how that's possible on a 60hz set. And I keep checking Vizio website for the M series release date but still just says "coming soon", but your also getting half the zones and lose the wider color gamut. I would have the 65" set but it cant fit where I need it to go plus it seems a lot have the issue with the tearing line, and yellow band. IPS is out of the question since the VA has a contrast of over 5000:1, that's incredible and the FALD system will make it look even better since the blacks will make the contrast stand out even more.

I will probably just bite the bullet and bring home the P50, my only concern is BB will start to have some type of policy change for me since this will be the 3rd TV I will be getting within 6 months, but not by choice, its due to the fact the other TVs I have tried have legit issues so I guess I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks for your help. Hope to be able to join the "owners" cause everyday I come on here, I just see more smiles.
turts85 is offline  
post #4938 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Jacob22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I have been following this thread for a while now so I had to pop into my BB and take a look for myself.

The P75 was setup in the Magnolia Center with the tablet remote in a special plexiglass case. It appeared the set was playing a Vizio supplied video loop that tried to show off the HDR capabilities of the set. Looks to be a very impressive set and I look forward to getting one sometime in the future. For now I will just live vicariously through other owner's comments.
Jacob22 is offline  
post #4939 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,915
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvid View Post
We've narrowed down our choices to the new LG IPS display (UH800) and this one. Our furthest seat is on a 35 degree viewing angle, so I pulled up the RTINGS viewing angle videos and took screenshots at zero and 35 degree angles, at 720p.



Is it just me, or does the Vizio still look better at 35 degrees than the IPS panel, and why would that be? I thought that was the main benefit of the IPS panel.



The IPS is keeping its contrast level more in those pictures. You can see on the Vizio that it is washing out a bit. It's all about personal taste and tolerance. If you are off angle you'll also notice blooming and other anomalies you wouldn't see if head on.
Ph8te is offline  
post #4940 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
I am also wondering this but I have tried to ask multiple times, LEGIT QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TV that I plan on picking up tomorrow, but to no avail. Rtings does state the 50" should be the same in motion blur as the 65", with the only difference being the 50" can not do [email protected] which would be for PC gamers which is not me so that doesn't bother me. Here is how I see it. Since Game Mode turns off all extra processing options aka SOE controls and its basically just a dedicated game mode, so at that point it becomes a 60hz native vs 120hz native so technically the 120hz screen should have less judder and motion blur but I'm also not an expert so that may not be how it works. To me game mode is game mode and games only run on consoles (x1 and ps4) at the most 30-60fps so it shouldn't be an issue either way, meaning there shouldn't be a benefit to the 120hz screen since the game can only project at 60fps tops.

As for movies the 65" will have the upper hand because the 50" can not properly do 3:2 pulldown which will introduce judder, but I have also read that Vizio has a dedicated 24p option when playing movies but I don't see how that's possible on a 60hz set. And I keep checking Vizio website for the M series release date but still just says "coming soon", but your also getting half the zones and lose the wider color gamut. I would have the 65" set but it cant fit where I need it to go plus it seems a lot have the issue with the tearing line, and yellow band. IPS is out of the question since the VA has a contrast of over 5000:1, that's incredible and the FALD system will make it look even better since the blacks will make the contrast stand out even more.

I will probably just bite the bullet and bring home the P50, my only concern is BB will start to have some type of policy change for me since this will be the 3rd TV I will be getting within 6 months, but not by choice, its due to the fact the other TVs I have tried have legit issues so I guess I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks for your help. Hope to be able to join the "owners" cause everyday I come on here, I just see more smiles.
You've managed to think through this properly. My comments on Page 1 (available since day 1) are consistent with the findings of the recent reviewer. There's no secret about the compromises made to deliver this feature set at the prices offered.

At some point, you'll need to be satisfied with a purchase. I see your apprehension. Get your expectations in line with the technology your investing in. I find it easier at Vizio prices than at competitor brand prices and find the compromise (???) reasonable.

Go get one. Try it.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #4941 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
There have been literally a metric ton of comments on cable (720p/1080i) reports. It all depends on what is "up to par" to you. Everyone has different ideas and expectations. This is especially the case when making a large jump in size. People often don't realize just how bad their sources are until they make that large jump.
and good 720p is going to look great on the P series.... better than 1080i in some cases depending on how well the de-interlacing is handled.
Ph8te and Oldways7 like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #4942 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,772
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
Rtings.com has said this TV is great for video games....But saw some other comments in the thread that people were having some issues...

Just wondering if anybody can speak to gaming on the P Series. I'm a big PS4 user and the majority of the TV's uses will just be for watching TV and gaming.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around Vizio as not being a budget, big box manufacturer...
It's been great for me, gaming on the P series has been great on my PS4.
thomasfxlt and Hal DeVaney like this.
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #4943 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:27 AM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,414
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2378
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Just to show... this is my primary/secondary measure.
could be improved but your saturation sweeps were very good. It's far more important to get the colors below 100% saturation right as almost no content is 100% saturation. From your other charts, everything looked good except blue, which has room for improvement.

You also want to run the "color checker" patterns. This is a series of colors that are hard wired in our brains as things to recognize like grass, Sky, skin tones, etc.
shoman94 likes this.
10k is offline  
post #4944 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,320
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1978 View Post
You're right. Spoke too soon. It's there. Came home and tested again. Let me know what you hear.
I recommend that if you have/still have the issue then you contact Vizio as well. The more people who report it the more likely it is that it'll get fixed.
Ph8te and shoman94 like this.
Schwa is offline  
post #4945 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,724
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob22 View Post
I have been following this thread for a while now so I had to pop into my BB and take a look for myself.

The P75 was setup in the Magnolia Center with the tablet remote in a special plexiglass case. It appeared the set was playing a Vizio supplied video loop that tried to show off the HDR capabilities of the set. Looks to be a very impressive set and I look forward to getting one sometime in the future. For now I will just live vicariously through other owner's comments.
Hey maybe the Vizio army Matt was talking about is finally making it out to the BBs to get the sets properly set up! If so, hopefully the "it just doesn't look as good as the XXXX set" comments will finally subside.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #4946 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turts85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
You've managed to think through this properly. My comments on Page 1 (available since day 1) are consistent with the findings of the recent reviewer. There's no secret about the compromises made to deliver this feature set at the prices offered.

At some point, you'll need to be satisfied with a purchase. I see your apprehension. Get your expectations in line with the technology your investing in. I find it easier at Vizio prices than at competitor brand prices and find the compromise (???) reasonable.

Go get one. Try it.
Thomas I sent you a PM, didn't feel asking you to elaborate in the forum was proper. Thanks again.
turts85 is offline  
post #4947 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,634
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadEDunham View Post

For $2100 (with tax included), I'm quite pleased with this. My biggest pet peeve is around the lack of audio while casting. I'm going to be pretty upset if my three-year-old, "4K-ready" receiver needs to be replaced just to make this work.
hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2 only came out last year so you are going to get upset at the AVR manufacturer for claiming "4k readiness".
It is only about 6-9 months ago when AVRs were finally 4K ready.

Are you really hearing a difference?
http://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0

Set an example:
Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you...
Not because they are nice, but because YOU are. :)
bootman_head_fi is offline  
post #4948 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I could try it and see if that corrects the issues. However the way I have it connect is with a single cable would you recommend ditching the switch and just getting an Avr to handle the switching? I don't have speakers at the moment could the tv speakers still be used until I get a 3.1 system put up?
bobzond is offline  
post #4949 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Senior Member
 
hockeythug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100 View Post
Speaking of the rtings review it says even this new P series suffers the same issues the previous Vizios did with upscaling 480p/720p content. I dont care about 480p content as i dont watch DVDs, but i watch tv and probably the majority of my tv viewing is 720p content. Almost a deal breaker for me if it's not up to par still, but i wonder what some folks comments are on that.
Varies from channel to channel for me on Directv. Some look great while on others the flaws(in the content) really get exposed. Sometimes even if the main show or event looks bad the commercials look great. Just depends.

LG 65C7
Denon AVR-X3300W
Q Acoustics 3020 fronts, 3090 center, 3010 surrounds
SVS PB-1000
Samsung K8500

Last edited by hockeythug; 04-10-2016 at 10:09 AM.
hockeythug is offline  
post #4950 of 63936 Old 04-10-2016, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,915
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzond View Post
I could try it and see if that corrects the issues. However the way I have it connect is with a single cable would you recommend ditching the switch and just getting an Avr to handle the switching? I don't have speakers at the moment could the tv speakers still be used until I get a 3.1 system put up?


He's telling you to remove the switch to see if that resolves your issue. If it does then you know it's the switch causing the issues you are seeing. When dealing with things like this you remove the middle pieces and work your way out. That way you can find where in the chain the problem lies.
thomasfxlt and Furyus like this.
Ph8te is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off