Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1663 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288589Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #49861 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
WRXpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timenow View Post
It is good to learn from someone that knows a thing or two...wisdom shared makes us all wiser. Thanks for your input as these are things that I did not know but by listening and understanding someone wiser than ourselves, makes us all desire to learn even more. There are many of us, who come into the Vizio Forum, to learn, of which I am one. Thanks.
Please don't mistake me for any kind of expert! I'm just an enthusiast, trying to decide when/if to jump on the HDR bandwagon. The idea of what is "accurate" in terms of HDR display is... an open discussion, shall we say. This is because (unlike 'regular' SDR HD/UHD), HDR content is mastered to levels of brightness and color saturation that consumer displays can't (and some would argue weren't ever supposed to) match. As a result, each HDR-capable TV "does its best" (however the manufacturer decides that is) to reproduce the content, scaled to the TV's specs.
WRXpilot is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49862 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Member
 
ifalcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have the P55-E1 for about 2 weeks and has been great. However, I am curious if anyone has been experiencing this issue. I don't know if this is the proper thread of not, but thought I would start here.

This week I have run into a couple of issues where the SmartCase Android Mobile app will not find the P55-E1 TV even though they were previously paired without any issue. I have encountered this behavior on a couple of Android devices.

I removed the application from the phones, reinstalled, but neither phone would still not find the TV. All devices are on the same wifi network. I also verified the TV is still connected to our wifi without any problems.

The only way I could get the TV to pair again with the phones is to use the provided TV remote and completely reset the TV and go through the initial setup. I did notice the SmartCase Mobile app was recently updated on 7/14. I'm not suggesting it is related, but only pointing a recent update.

Thanks.
ifalcon is offline  
post #49863 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifalcon View Post
We have the P55-E1 for about 2 weeks and has been great. However, I am curious if anyone has been experiencing this issue. I don't know if this is the proper thread of not, but thought I would start here.

This week I have run into a couple of issues where the SmartCase Android Mobile app will not find the P55-E1 TV even though they were previously paired without any issue. I have encountered this behavior on a couple of Android devices.

I removed the application from the phones, reinstalled, but neither phone would still not find the TV. All devices are on the same wifi network. I also verified the TV is still connected to our wifi without any problems.

The only way I could get the TV to pair again with the phones is to use the provided TV remote and completely reset the TV and go through the initial setup. I did notice the SmartCase Mobile app was recently updated on 7/14. I'm not suggesting it is related, but only pointing a recent update.

Thanks.
Have you joined the beta program?
On a side note, how is the black on IPS panel? Some people here are so skeptical about the IPS panel without even experiencing it and advise to stay away from p55.
I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
him7403 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49864 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,940
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2054 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Exclamation Motion Issue Found! Bad Video Breakup Found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestr View Post

Haven't tried those yet. I'll try both tomorrow.


Some good news and bad news for ya.


I did find motion problems on the NetFlix White Ball Test at 60VF! It's real bad.

I guess what the bad news is, you were having problems with non-HDR viewing, right?
My non-HDR 60VF Streaming Tests shows no motion problems.

It still could be a widespread issue, perhaps.

These tests are streaming NetFlix Video Testing. Your motion issue is HDMI-connected.

When's the last time you re-seated your HDMI-cable(s)? The two times I've had some
video-art flashing patterns, even when streaming, was my HDMI cables.

I unplugged and re-plugged each connection 6 times. Flashing gone. Coincidental?
I dunno. That's twice I had flashing and twice was cured when doing this. It's been
a while since the problem and I am over-due to check connections again.

Every month or two, I'll push on each connection to make sure they're fully seated. This may
have nothing to do with your issue, but check and 'exercise' you cable(s) connections every now
and then.


Here's the HDR Motion Issue Video I have with my P50:

S4:E4 HDR 60fps with Pure Cinema On, Judder at 10 (I think anywhere 1-10) - Motion issues with both slow speed (top) and fast speed (bottom) White Ball Test. Two ways to 'fix' it: Turn on GLL or with Pure Cinema On or Off, have Reduce Judder at 0.


I also found a major video disaster with one NetFlix Test Video (Anyone else care to confirm this?):

S1:E7 (2160) 59.94fps - Bad, Multi-Block Video Mayhem! (Video Art)

I didn't get to test Sparks or Meridian yet.


@Matt McRae



.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #49865 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
mikestr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Some good news and bad news for ya.


I did find motion problems on the NetFlix White Ball Test at 60VF! It's real bad.

I guess what the bad news is, you were having problems with non-HDR viewing, right?
My non-HDR 60VF Streaming Tests shows no motion problems.

It still could be a widespread issue, perhaps.

These tests are streaming NetFlix Video Testing. Your motion issue is HDMI-connected.

When's the last time you re-seated your HDMI-cable(s)? The two times I've had some
video-art flashing patterns, even when streaming, was my HDMI cables.

I unplugged and re-plugged each connection 6 times. Flashing gone. Coincidental?
I dunno. That's twice I had flashing and twice was cured when doing this. It's been
a while since the problem and I am over-due to check connections again.

Every month or two, I'll push on each connection to make sure they're fully seated. This may
have nothing to do with your issue, but check and 'exercise' you cable(s) connections every now
and then.


Here's the HDR Motion Issue Video I have with my P50:

S4:E4 HDR 60fps with Pure Cinema On, Judder at 10 (I think anywhere 1-10) - Motion issues with both slow speed (top) and fast speed (bottom) White Ball Test. Two ways to 'fix' it: Turn on GLL or with Pure Cinema On or Off, have Reduce Judder at 0.


I also found a major video disaster with one NetFlix Test Video (Anyone else care to confirm this?):

S1:E7 (2160) 59.94fps - Bad, Multi-Block Video Mayhem! (Video Art)

I didn't get to test Sparks or Meridian yet.


@Matt McRae



.


Thanks again for doing all of those tests. I'll try to play around again tonight and try you recommendations. Yes my issues so far are with sports viewing on Directv @60VF. I haven't seen any motion issues with movies or shows YET. But like I said I'm a HUGE sports fan so if this problem isn't correctable it will make me crazy.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samsung 55JS9000
Vizio P65-C1
mikestr is offline  
post #49866 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Member
 
weeber24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifalcon View Post
We have the P55-E1 for about 2 weeks and has been great. However, I am curious if anyone has been experiencing this issue. I don't know if this is the proper thread of not, but thought I would start here.

This week I have run into a couple of issues where the SmartCase Android Mobile app will not find the P55-E1 TV even though they were previously paired without any issue. I have encountered this behavior on a couple of Android devices.

I removed the application from the phones, reinstalled, but neither phone would still not find the TV. All devices are on the same wifi network. I also verified the TV is still connected to our wifi without any problems.

The only way I could get the TV to pair again with the phones is to use the provided TV remote and completely reset the TV and go through the initial setup. I did notice the SmartCase Mobile app was recently updated on 7/14. I'm not suggesting it is related, but only pointing a recent update.

Thanks.
I've had this problem before, but on earlier firmware revisions with my TV - I haven't seen it with firmware revisions starting this year (got my P55 when first released). It is annoying having to constantly re-pair the tablet, when everything appears to be connected. What firmware revision is your TV on? My Smartcast app has also been updated, and it's been solid.

Also, do you have your TV set to ECO mode or quick start? If in Eco mode, it can take a couple of minutes of the TV being on before the tablet will find it. You may want to try Quick Start if it's not already set to that.
weeber24 is offline  
post #49867 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 01:27 PM
Member
 
weeber24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by him7403 View Post
Have you joined the beta program?
On a side note, how is the black on IPS panel? Some people here are so skeptical about the IPS panel without even experiencing it and advise to stay away from p55.
I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
Speaking for myself, I think the black on the IPS panel is fine, as long as you use the local dimming feature. If you don't use local dimming, then it becomes a hot mess. I'm no videophile, but even in a dark room, it looks good with the local dimming feature and gamma set to 2.4. Maybe if I had a VA panel sitting next to it, I could tell a difference, all I know the P55 has much better blacks than the 2007 LCD I had before.
weeber24 is offline  
post #49868 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Newbie
 
Ian James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I recently got the SONY 850E but was unhappy with it. Here are some photos of the Sony and the P Series showing the same 4K youtube stream and it is hard to tell from the photos but the VIZIO has much better screen uniformity. I returned the Sony today for a refund at costco and I am going to enjoy the vizio now.

Did the 2016 P series get the update to have menus on screen now?


VIZIO ON THE FLOOR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170721_131949.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	2250817   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170721_131937.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	2250825   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170721_131931.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	2250833   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170721_131954.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	2250841   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170721_132002.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2250849  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20170721_132005.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	2250857  
shoman94 likes this.
Ian James is offline  
post #49869 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 3,940
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2054 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestr View Post

My issues so far are with sports viewing on DirecTV @60VF.
I haven't seen any motion issues with movies or shows YET.


DirecTV isn't pushing HDR with the sports you're watching,
is it? (Can DirecTV do HDR?) If it is, problem found.

If you have motion issues with sports but not other shows/movies,
then it appears to be a DirecTV issue with the sports. If it was your
Display, it would be on all content, I'm thinking.

Does your Tablet Info show HDR=No for the sports and shows/movies?
(If you have the newer remote, press Info to see if it says HDR-10 or
Dolby Vision or Normal when the motion issue is there, or if the original
remote, briefly press Input.)



.

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 07-21-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added Info on Pressing 'Input' with Original Remote.
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #49870 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4874 Post(s)
Liked: 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian James View Post
So I recently got the SONY 850E but was unhappy with it. Here are some photos of the Sony and the P Series showing the same 4K youtube stream and it is hard to tell from the photos but the VIZIO has much better screen uniformity. I returned the Sony today for a refund at costco and I am going to enjoy the vizio now.

Did the 2016 P series get the update to have menus on screen now?

VIZIO ON THE FLOOR
Just the beta testers so if you're a beta tester you should have already got it?

lujan
603 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #49871 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Just the beta testers so if you're a beta tester you should have already got it?


That's a public firmware now. Beta testers are on the 'built in' apps now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rjsmith2007 is offline  
post #49872 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I posted this on the Sony UBP-x800 thread but didn't get any replies. Thought I might try here:

Was wondering if anyone had some ideas for me here... I have the x800 going straight into my Vizio P65-C1. UHD looks fantastic, but regular blu-rays and Plex 1080p however does not to me. I think it has something to do with the upscaling, but the difference between how the x800 looks vs my PS4 Pro is pretty stark. Especially in camera movement, it just seems like more compressed or a slight film washes over the screen. Everything just looks more pixelated and strange compared to the smoothness my PS4 cranks out. But I don't have a 4K receiver, and like the uncompressed audio of the x800. Oh, and I tried turning the 4k upscaling off on the x800, vs everything set to Auto, but don't notice any difference in the problem. Any suggestions?
mbrooksatl is offline  
post #49873 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,532
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5296 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
I have only ever had different clients and Genies connected with full color on. Never had and issues except with the C61K and my P65. My other 4K sets never had an issue of any kind with any receiver I threw at them. At the time none of them had HDR. Since Directv does not have an HDR signal yet I thought that may have been the issue with the C61K and the Vizio.

Since I did all this experimenting some months ago, I have since acquired two other 4k sets with HDR. Neither of them have a problem with dropouts either.

That being said, reports are numerous and across brands of HDR sets that have audio dropouts via the C61K. However not everyone reports having any issues. Some seem to be just fine.

It is only my opinion, but I think Directv knows there is a problem with this particular box. As only one model number has ever come out. The C61k-700 in my mind is much like the HR34-700 Genie. Many problems and only one model number brought to market. Most other units that Directv has on the market have at least three different manufacturers. You usually see a 500, 700, 200, 100 and so on.
With that I would connect it direct and have full uhd off

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
rockaway1836 likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #49874 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Is anyone else having issues with Vudu? I watched a HDX movie yesterday and it froze at least 15 times and I would have to stop it and then restart it to resume then it would just do it again. Today it's doing the same thing. I've tried wired and Wi-Fi with no change. Netflix and Amazon play fine. I have a 70mbs connection.
Helmzz2 is offline  
post #49875 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Newbie
 
Ian James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am unable to cast a UHD movie from Google Movies to my TV. I get Google Error code 4. Plex however works just fine.
Ian James is offline  
post #49876 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian James View Post
So I recently got the SONY 850E but was unhappy with it. Here are some photos of the Sony and the P Series showing the same 4K youtube stream and it is hard to tell from the photos but the VIZIO has much better screen uniformity. I returned the Sony today for a refund at costco and I am going to enjoy the vizio now.

Did the 2016 P series get the update to have menus on screen now?


VIZIO ON THE FLOOR
To me the top screen looks better with darker image.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
him7403 is offline  
post #49877 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1882 Post(s)
Liked: 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooksatl View Post
I posted this on the Sony UBP-x800 thread but didn't get any replies. Thought I might try here:

Was wondering if anyone had some ideas for me here... I have the x800 going straight into my Vizio P65-C1. UHD looks fantastic, but regular blu-rays and Plex 1080p however does not to me. I think it has something to do with the upscaling, but the difference between how the x800 looks vs my PS4 Pro is pretty stark. Especially in camera movement, it just seems like more compressed or a slight film washes over the screen. Everything just looks more pixelated and strange compared to the smoothness my PS4 cranks out. But I don't have a 4K receiver, and like the uncompressed audio of the x800. Oh, and I tried turning the 4k upscaling off on the x800, vs everything set to Auto, but don't notice any difference in the problem. Any suggestions?
Both are Sonys so try setting them up exacting the same video setting-wise. On the two inputs is UHD Color set to On? Sony generally has a very good upscaler so try that rather than native to the P65. Good luck.
naustin is offline  
post #49878 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,532
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5296 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with Vudu? I watched a HDX movie yesterday and it froze at least 15 times and I would have to stop it and then restart it to resume then it would just do it again. Today it's doing the same thing. I've tried wired and Wi-Fi with no change. Netflix and Amazon play fine. I have a 70mbs connection.
Change the TV's DNS to your router.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #49879 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,532
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5296 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by him7403 View Post
To me the top screen looks better with darker image.
Odd, the content is brighter with awesome blacks.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #49880 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,330
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4874 Post(s)
Liked: 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with Vudu? I watched a HDX movie yesterday and it froze at least 15 times and I would have to stop it and then restart it to resume then it would just do it again. Today it's doing the same thing. I've tried wired and Wi-Fi with no change. Netflix and Amazon play fine. I have a 70mbs connection.
I usually don't have problems with Vudu HDX but have learned to reboot my router right before I'm going to watch a Vudu UHD movie and don't have nearly as many buffering issues. You may want to reboot your router as well to see if it helps?
CleCakYngMfd likes this.

lujan
603 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #49881 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
hockeythug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 452
The Amazon app on the tv now is really nice. Before I was using my Samsung player.
shoman94 likes this.

LG 65C7
Denon AVR-X3300W
Q Acoustics 3020 fronts, 3090 center, 3010 surrounds
SVS PB-1000
Samsung K8500
hockeythug is offline  
post #49882 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

Anyone having difficulty with standard PS4 consoles not wanting to display an image right away? I turn my TV on, turn on the PS4, no picture. Then I turn the TV off and back on again and there it is. It's very inconsistent. I haven't updated the PS4 in god knows how long and I don't think it coincides with updates on the TV. Doesn't seem to matter which HDMI cable or input.

Second: My PC is on input 5. It used to be that turning the TV on with any input besides 5 would keep my monitor turned on and allow me to watch both at the same time. The only time it would auto switch from the monitor to the TV was when the PC/5th HDMI input was selected.
M. Toboggan is offline  
post #49883 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Also, has the P series been discontinued? They're no listed on Best Buy's website.
M. Toboggan is offline  
post #49884 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Toboggan View Post
Also, has the P series been discontinued? They're no listed on Best Buy's website.


No


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te likes this.
rjsmith2007 is offline  
post #49885 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with Vudu? I watched a HDX movie yesterday and it froze at least 15 times and I would have to stop it and then restart it to resume then it would just do it again. Today it's doing the same thing. I've tried wired and Wi-Fi with no change. Netflix and Amazon play fine. I have a 70mbs connection.
Change the TV's DNS to your router.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
How do I do that? I ran the dns test on my lap top and it said the one i was using was the best but I'm not exactly sure if I did it correctly. My modem also has Wi-Fi but I use my Asus router so I have 2 Wi-Fi networks I can connect to. I tried both ways with the dns test and they both said what I'm currently using is the most reliable. I just used my laptop and tested both routers. Is that how it's done or do I plug a Ethernet cable from the modem and test that way? I'm new to this so I'm unsure.
Helmzz2 is offline  
post #49886 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,834
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1864 Post(s)
Liked: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timenow View Post
It is good to learn from someone that knows a thing or two...wisdom shared makes us all wiser. Thanks for your input as these are things that I did not know but by listening and understanding someone wiser than ourselves, makes us all desire to learn even more. There are many of us, who come into the Vizio Forum, to learn, of which I am one. Thanks.
Part of what was said is wrong, the P Series doesn't tone map Planet Earth 2 because it was graded to 600 nits.

No film is its brightest pixel.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #49887 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
mikestr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
DirecTV isn't pushing HDR with the sports you're watching,
is it? (Can DirecTV do HDR?) If it is, problem found.

If you have motion issues with sports but not other shows/movies,
then it appears to be a DirecTV issue with the sports. If it was your
Display, it would be on all content, I'm thinking.

Does your Tablet Info show HDR=No for the sports and shows/movies?
(If you have the newer remote, press Info to see if it says HDR-10 or
Dolby Vision or Normal when the motion issue is there, or if the original
remote, briefly press Input.)



.


Directv doesn't do HDR so that's not the issue. When it happens with sports it seems to really kick in when there is a lot of different motion on the screen at one time; scroll at the bottom of the screen in combination with any quick action during the game it becomes really noticeable. Almost like the display can't handle all the different types of motion at one time. I really have no idea. Since I've owned the display my motion has always been smooth without issue until this newest beta.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samsung 55JS9000
Vizio P65-C1
mikestr is offline  
post #49888 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,532
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5296 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
How do I do that? I ran the dns test on my lap top and it said the one i was using was the best but I'm not exactly sure if I did it correctly. My modem also has Wi-Fi but I use my Asus router so I have 2 Wi-Fi networks I can connect to. I tried both ways with the dns test and they both said what I'm currently using is the most reliable. I just used my laptop and tested both routers. Is that how it's done or do I plug a Ethernet cable from the modem and test that way? I'm new to this so I'm unsure.
Go into the Display's network setting and set a manual DNS. From the factory the Display uses the Google DNS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #49889 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Member
 
RCIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by him7403 View Post
To me the top screen looks better with darker image.
I was thinking the same
RCIII is offline  
post #49890 of 64411 Old 07-21-2017, 09:05 PM
Member
 
RCIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Part of what was said is wrong, the P Series doesn't tone map Planet Earth 2 because it was graded to 600 nits.

No film is its brightest pixel.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
And that would explain why everyone says its reference material. I was wondering if HDR could be graded to anything other than 1000 or 4000. Now I'm wondering why on earth others don't do this. Our tv's as well as oleds right now can't hit 1000nits. 600 is still pretty bright and impactful. Tv's wouldn't need tone mapping and meta data (dv and hdr10+) is others would do this
RCIII is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off