Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1668 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes

post #50011 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Can someone please provide the dimensions of the box for the 55" P series? I'm trying to determine if I can fit it in the back seat of my car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50012 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post
Can someone please provide the dimensions of the box for the 55" P series? I'm trying to determine if I can fit it in the back seat of my car.
The Vizio site list the packaging dimensions for their products.
reallynotnick and rjsmith2007 like this.

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.2.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X700 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #50013 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

I just wanted to put a quick post out. I'm on the beta firmware, and since Saturday ARC no longer works. I've had the TV since May 2016 and have never had a problem with ARC. I've used ARC with A Denon AVR and LG soundbar. Both have never had an issue.

I've done a factory reset of the Vizio, still no ARC. I'll do some more troubleshooting later tonight, but I'm afraid it is beta firmware related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by imobilizer; 07-24-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50014 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by imobilizer View Post
I just wanted to put a quick post out. I'm on the beta firmware, and since Saturday ARC no longer works. I've had the TV since May 2016 and have never had a problem with ARC. I've used ARC with A Denon AVR and LG soundbar. Both have never had an issue.

I've done a factory reset of the Vizio, still no ARC. I'll do some more troubleshooting later tonight, but I'm afraid it is beta firmware related.

I had a similar issue on my M-Series display with the new firmware. For some reason, CEC on my Vizio display was Disabled. This fix to the Vizio display worked for me:
Menu -> System -> CEC -> Enabled -> click CEC Discovery to find your AVR

Display: Vizio M65-D0 4K/HDR
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-530K 4K/HDR Pass-Thru
Media Player: AT&T DirecTV Now Beta Streaming Box
Remote: Logitech Harmony 700 and Harmony Hub
HDMI Cables: Monoprice Premium Certified 18Gbs
post #50015 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
The colors could simply be from how the Directv device downscales from 4K to 720p. All of the compression might be in the colors as opposed to in the actual resolution.
Cool; thanks for taking the time to do this. IMO it also shows how lackluster UHD (4K) is on DirecTV. If you have time one day redo this on a high-quality (well mastered) UHD Bluray. Be interesting to see if the results are the same.

Be great if you could then compare the same material between DirecTV and UHD Bluray as well. It would add another dimension to it. As I suspect DirecTV "UHD" is more like 1080p Bluray; but perhaps just a small step above.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #50016 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackthewhip View Post
I had a similar issue on my M-Series display with the new firmware. For some reason, CEC on my Vizio display was Disabled. This fix to the Vizio display worked for me:

Menu -> System -> CEC -> Enabled -> click CEC Discovery to find your AVR

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I already tried this.

post #50017 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So Vizio sent me a new display to replace my old set which had a faulty backlight but now the new set completely freezes up at least once every few hours & has to be power cycled on/off to get it back to working again. Is this a known firmware issue with 3.2.13.3 or is is something else I'm going to have to call them about?
post #50018 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I agree, and i think the better color you see is because the resolution is better. It's clearer so the colors show more..... I also think they improved the upscaling some with the latest beta.

EDIT: Looks like from the images you posted that its best for you to leave your output at 720p...lol
I think the color representation is better when I leave it outputting 4k/UHD. However, I did disable 720p output all together. That wasn't because I think it looks better that way. Instead it was because I think it looks the same but the TV changes channels much faster if I just output everything in regular HD as 1080i. It stills allows the 4k channels to output as UHD because I do like the color representation there better.
post #50019 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post
So Vizio sent me a new display to replace my old set which had a faulty backlight but now the new set completely freezes up at least once every few hours & has to be power cycled on/off to get it back to working again. Is this a known firmware issue with 3.2.13.3 or is is something else I'm going to have to call them about?
I had issues with the refurbished P-series I got from Vizio. It apparently still had the same issue it had when it was returned the first time. The second P-series I got as a replacement apparently did not come from their repair center and it was the best one I have had so far.
post #50020 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGGy View Post
Cool; thanks for taking the time to do this. IMO it also shows how lackluster UHD (4K) is on DirecTV. If you have time one day redo this on a high-quality (well mastered) UHD Bluray. Be interesting to see if the results are the same.

Be great if you could then compare the same material between DirecTV and UHD Bluray as well. It would add another dimension to it. As I suspect DirecTV "UHD" is more like 1080p Bluray; but perhaps just a small step above.
Directv 4k actually has several shows that I have the UHD Blu rays for. I recorded those shows this weekend as well so I could do that test.

However, I disagree a bit on the quality of the Directv UHD. I actually thought it was good. Is it UHD HDR good? No but it wasn't bad. Also remember that some HDR UHD Blu rays aren't even true 4k/UHD. They are sourced from 1080p and they exhibit identical resolution and detail as their 1080p Blu ray counterparts.

Where the UHD HDR Blu rays shine is in the colors. Nothing replaces WCG. In my opinion WCG is actually the single most important feature of HDR. I have been working on producing my own HDR content lately and I am very pleased with what you can do with the colors. However, some people don't like it because they are so accustomed to REC.709 and the way movies were shot and mastered in the past.

My videos are all rendered to UHD @ 60 FPS HDR10 because they are action videos. Some people may not appreciate this because they would typically label it "Video" rather than "Film" mostly because of the frame rate though.

Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 07-24-2017 at 02:12 PM.
post #50021 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I had issues with the refurbished P-series I got from Vizio. It apparently still had the same issue it had when it was returned the first time. The second P-series I got as a replacement apparently did not come from their repair center and it was the best one I have had so far.

Oh boy, here we go again. This is getting old fast, makes me wonder what's going to happen when the warranty is over. I'll contact customer support today, thanks!
post #50022 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Directv 4k actually has several shows that I have the UHD Blu rays for. I recorded those shows this weekend as well so I could do that test.

However, I disagree a bit on the quality of the Directv UHD. I actually thought it was good. Is it UHD HDR good. No but it wasn't bad. Also remember that some HDR UHD Blu rays aren't even true 4k/UHD. They are sourced from 1080p and they exhibit identical resolution and detail as their 1080p Blu ray counterparts.

Where the UHD HDR Blu rays shine is in the colors. Nothing replaces WCG. In my opinion WCG is actually the single most important feature of HDR. I have been working on producing my own HDR content lately and I am very pleased with what you can do with the colors. However, some people don't like it because they are so accustomed to REC.709 and the way movies were shot and mastered in the past.

My videos are all rendered to UHD @ 60 FPS HDR10 because they are action videos. Some people may not appreciate this because they would typically label it "Video" rather than "Film" mostly because of the frame rate though.
Right this is why I was saying a "well mastered UHD Bluray". I wouldn't compare a known stretch-o-vision UHD Bluray. I'll tune back in whenever you post it! Thanks for taking all of the time you have. It's a bit of work to compare.

Right. HDR is another thing, less than 8 bits is not enough for luminance data (which effects color too). 16-234 for the luminance channel was never enough. An untrained eye can see 700 shades of luminance; trained nearly 900. The 219 levels available in HD and some UHD content is just not adequate to match what human vision is capable of. HDR gets us to 1024 or more levels of luminance. figuratively speaking it's night and day

Thanks again for the work.
mpgxsvcd likes this.

Last edited by SiGGy; 07-24-2017 at 02:07 PM.
post #50023 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post
Oh boy, here we go again. This is getting old fast, makes me wonder what's going to happen when the warranty is over. I'll contact customer support today, thanks!
I have the same issue with a Vizio P55-C1 that I have had less than a month. The screen will freeze but the audio keeps playing behind it. I bought this TV new from Dell.com and use both a power conditioner and monoprice cables. Is this a firmware issue or a hardware issue that I need to call Vizio about?

Main Rig:
2016 Vizio P55-C1
Roku Premiere+
Samsung Blu-ray BD-J5100/ZA
Furman Power Conditioner PST-8
Monoprice 6105
post #50024 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Right this is why I was saying a "well mastered UHD Bluray". I wouldn't compare a known stretch-o-vision UHD Bluray. I'll tune back in whenever you post it! Thanks for taking all of the time you have. It's a bit of work to compare.
What do you mean by this statement????????

For example I have Mad Max Fury Road on Blu-ray and I watch it on a 1080p Kuro through my OPPO BDP 83 player. If I have the same movie in UHD and play it on a UHD player and watch it on a UHD television what will be different with the movie?????
How about I watch this movie on a UHD TV using my BDP83 and 1080p Bluray copy or I use an OPPO BDP203 UHD player with the UHD copy of this movie and play it on my 1080p Kuro, what will be different with the movie??????

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #50025 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
What do you mean by this statement????????

For example I have Mad Max Fury Road on Blu-ray and I watch it on a 1080p Kuro through my OPPO BDP 83 player. If I have the same movie in UHD and play it on a UHD player and watch it on a UHD television what will be different with the movie?????
How about I watch this movie on a UHD TV using my BDP83 and 1080p Bluray copy or I use an OPPO BDP203 UHD player with the UHD copy of this movie and play it on my 1080p Kuro, what will be different with the movie??????
Some UHD blurays are not in native UHD resolution. That's all the conversation was about; comparing a native UHD bluray movie to compressed UHD DirectTV in terms of details and resolution.

Add watching it on a black and white TV to yournonsensical list; I loved movies even on those TV(s) when I was kid. Still love the movies the same now.

Real question is ... troll or actually didn't read what we were discussing. I'm guessing both the former and latter.
post #50026 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Some UHD blurays are not in native UHD resolution. That's all the conversation was about; comparing a native UHD bluray movie to compressed UHD DirectTV in terms of details and resolution.

Add watching it on a black and white TV to yournonsensical list; I loved movies even on those TV(s) when I was kid. Still love the movies the same now.

Real question is ... troll or actually didn't read what we were discussing. I'm guessing both the former and latter.

No trolling just inquiring what you and mpgxsvcd mean by these statements. An explanation would be helpful so other readers can avoid these movies and TV broadcasts and not waste money.
SiGGy likes this.

post #50027 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
No trolling just inquiring what you and mpgxsvcd mean by these statements. An explanation would be helpful so other readers can avoid these movies and TV broadcasts and not waste money.
Ghostbusters / Ghostbusters II (4K-Mastered ) would an example...
post #50028 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2050 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikutwo View Post

I had thought that the headphone jack on the
Vizio tablet would play what was in screen.
Perhaps it works when casting? What ways
are best to be able to use headphones for watching TV?

Play the audio? Yes. There's a delay or at times it doesn't kick-in
and I have to fuss with it more to get it to work.

So far, I haven't used headphones/earpieces with the Tablet. I use
my FM broadcaster plugged into the Tablet's audio jack to transmit
Podcasts to 3 FM radios throughout my place or transmit audio from
my computer (iTunes, etc).

- PjThis is The End-Age GenerationTime is Running OutQuakes, Sinkholes, Meteors
EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #50029 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighTriad View Post
I have the same issue with a Vizio P55-C1 that I have had less than a month. The screen will freeze but the audio keeps playing behind it. I bought this TV new from Dell.com and use both a power conditioner and monoprice cables. Is this a firmware issue or a hardware issue that I need to call Vizio about?
Not a firmware issue. This problem has been discussed a lot in this forum. No known solution. Get a replacement.

G
post #50030 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
The colors could simply be from how the Directv device downscales from 4K to 720p. All of the compression might be in the colors as opposed to in the actual resolution.

For example if a block of 16 pixels has 16 separate colors rendered then you could easily represent those 16 colors as 1 color. That would save a lot of space and it may not be noticeable if those colors are close in absolute value. However, it may not effect the perception of detail much especially if those colors are imperceptibly close.
I agree with your suggested testing methods for the different resolutions, but I don't understand your comment above. The difference between 4k and 720p is literally the resolution. Directv must compress resolution to get from 4k to 720p by definition.
post #50031 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post

Every time I see a perfectly fine star-field with inky black space, I
think of you and your milky gray screen and your constant trolling
about turning off ALZ...

Whenever I've tried it (GLL On) in the past it has introduced lip sync
issues where I'd never seen them before. I'm watching San Andreas
ATM as part of my "Are these Atmos speakers really doing something?"
tour and went to flip it on and it's grayed out.

Define Troll/Trolling: "Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online
post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

That's not what I'm doing. "you and your milky gray screen" would fit better.

The only time I see a 'slight' milky screen is with a full, in content, black screen. It is
otherwise visually black with content. Sometimes I may have to knock the Brightness
down a bit to help, but I am certainly not seeing a star field with a 'milky' background
with ALZ OFF unless it's produced that way in the first place. Maybe your Display is
not working the same as mine with ALZ Off? If Vizio can knock down the Backlight
just a bit more, it'd be great for ALZ Off, but I get it... it's all tweaked for ALZ to work.
I was/am hoping it can work 'both' ways.

(See also my reply to mpgxsvcd about why I turned ALZ back off during NetFlix's Between.)

GLL: I think if you switch to Game Mode you might have access to it, that is if it's universal
across the Pic Modes. Otherwise, stop content and/or switch Inputs or to another Vertical Frequency
to get access to it. I see that the on-Display Menu confirms whatever feature is grayed-out is really
On or Off. (Versus the Tablet: Did I leave Pure Cinema On or Off when it's grayed-out in the Off
position?)

EvilutionMankind Was CreatedWe Didn't Come From ApesThere Was a Worldwide Flood!
The End of This Age is Near!I'm Ready For The Rapture!Are You Ready?The Time is Now!
post #50032 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Liked: 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraydonHall View Post
Not a firmware issue. This problem has been discussed a lot in this forum. No known solution. Get a replacement.

G
Actually there is a known solution that has worked numerous times. Sometimes this issue is due to bad HDMI cables. Replacing with certified premium high speed 18gb cables.

This is not a difinitive solution, bit has worked to solve this issue for some.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
RaleighTriad likes this.
post #50033 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometa View Post
I agree with your suggested testing methods for the different resolutions, but I don't understand your comment above. The difference between 4k and 720p is literally the resolution. Directv must compress resolution to get from 4k to 720p by definition.
There is resolution and then there is detail. Resolution would be someone saying they have an 8K source. That is fine and dandy but how much detail or resolvable resolution does that 8K source actually have. On top of that how much resolvable resolution can your display show and how much can you actually see from your normal sitting position.

It is all relative. It can have the greatest specs in the world. However, the actual benefit from it can never exceed what is in the source material.

I can record detail with my Panasonic GH5 that far exceeds anything you have ever seen on UHD Blu ray. However, most people would call that un-cinematic if a movie did the same thing.

Yes Directv compresses the resolution to get from 4K to 720p. However, the resovable resolution in the original source didn't really exceed 720p by that much in that particular clip so it didn't really make that much a difference.

If I did the same test with some macro shots from my GH5 you would see a VERY significant difference because it starts with so much more detail than the compressed source from Directv does.

Here is an example of what UHD HDR Blu ray looks like compared to Directv 4k. With a wide angle shot like this the only real difference is in the colors.

Guess which one is HDR and which one is SDR. It is hard to tell by resolution but blatently obvious by color and contrast.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7230401_resize.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	2257665   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7230402_resize.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	2257673  
post #50034 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Turning Xtreme Black Engine Pro (Local Dimming) off affects
more than just the contrast ratio. It affects the colors. It affects
uniformity. This display was designed to be used with Local
dimming turned on it almost all cases. Use it that way. It will
be better.

Thank you for your expertise and kind response. As you point
out, other things are affected than just contrast ratio. But visually,
I don't see those things to the degree where the best pic dynamic and
performance outshines any slight compromise with other pic properties
while ALZ is Off.

I started, and intended to watch NetFlix's Between with ALZ On, but
right away noticed rapid down-stepping of the Backlight with many
scene changes. (This program says it's 25VF) ALZ still has its problems.
At least with me, it was distracting enough to where I turned Off
the ALZ.

@Matt McRae

post #50035 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 189
The large majority of movie uhd discs are derived from 2K sources and upscaled to 4K. If you want to see some native 4K check out Planet Earth 2.
Sully is a very well done uhd disc with a high resolution source, +5K if I remember correctly. Looks great.

Last edited by Karnis2; 07-24-2017 at 10:39 PM.
post #50036 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post

Matt McRae, there are still issues with motion.
Only way to remove all sign of micro studders is
to turn on GLL.

Ooh. Can you provide details, please? I spent some
hours with the NetFlix's Test Pattern Videos, and my
initial, not super-detailed research showed only one
HDR 60VF Pattern had real bad motion issues.

post #50037 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxrider View Post
Has anyone else had trouble getting ARC to work with their 2016/2017 P Series? Were you able to resolve it and what did you do?

Ideally with a Yamaha CX-A5100, but info for getting this to work any late model Yamaha receiver is probably applicable as well.

Notes:
* I am using the ARC HMDI ports on both devices
* CEC and ARC are enabled in Yamaha HDMI setup, and CEC is set to "Enabled" on the Vizio.
* Cables are all rated for 18Gbit and ARC support
I have had continued trouble with ARC with my 2016 P65 and Marantz SR7010. Through the past three FW changes I still have dropouts, even after installing a Monoprice certified premium cable. The audio quality from optical is quite good, but not DD+. This has been the only frustrating issue I've experienced with my HT and has prevented me considering ATMOS upgrades. I'm not on Beta, so am waiting for the new FW to try again.
post #50038 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Matt McRae

Web-Based App. NetFlix.

Is this strictly a NetFlix issue?:

Ok, I found that I can use the directional keys to highlight the small window when the credits are
scrolling. So, I click the center button to go full-screen. But when I click again to play it, the current
episode stops and starts playing the next one. I see no 'rewind' or 'reverse' icon, other than the left/right
directional keys to go forward or back, but NetFlix likes to auto-drop to that small window when the credits
starts going.

post #50039 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by imobilizer View Post
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I already tried this.

I had a similar issue about a year ago, ARC worked fine for a couple months and then suddenly stopped working...Vizio even came out and replaced a board in my TV and ARC still didn't work. I was able to resolve the issue by plugging my Denon into another TV that supported ARC. ARC worked fine on that TV. When I moved the Denon back to my Vizio it started working again and I haven't had a problem since. Might be worth a shot...
post #50040 of 64338 Old 07-24-2017, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Ghostbusters / Ghostbusters II (4K-Mastered ) would an example...
That will be technically correct as Sony did two new scans of the original film to 4K. The two Blu ray releases were done from the new 4k masters. The Blu ray's are in 1080p24 with an aspect ratio of 2.40:1 which will have the black bars on the top and bottom. Spider Man 2 was the first movie to be totally done in a 4K digital intermediate in 2004.
Motion picture film scanning and Digital Intermediates have nothing to do with UHD resolutions for TV's or TV broadcasting.
4K is not UHD and are not related to each other. It is critical that those who are confused or mixing these thing up need to carefully read these two articles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion...e_film_scanner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_intermediate

Lawrence of Arabia was fully restored and done in 8k digital intermediate. One of the reasons for using such a high resolution scan of the movie is what type of film that was used in the filming of the movie. The film grain of that movie would look like aliasing if scanned at a lower resolution. So they used an 8k scan. One thing that the 8k scan uncovered was there was a fingerprint like image at the top of each frame that was caused by the film emulsion melting and cracking in the desert heat during filming.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawren...bia_%28film%29

Also there is no such thing as stretched UHD Blu rays because people are confusing resolution with aspect ratios.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)
matthorn likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page