Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 167 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288487Likes

post #4981 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3313 Post(s)
Liked: 6137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
This is derailing the thread... it would have been a passing comment if not for the attention brought to it. However, anecdotal evidence can be helpful especially if there's an apparent link between an old set and a new set sharing the same problem. It shows precedent, even if it's more anecdotal instead of empirical... jumping on someone for including that type of evidence in their post is over the line.

-Vader
It's actually keeping the thread on track.
promike likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4982 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
A number of off-topic, trolling, insulting and other unnecessary posts have been removed. I mean a LOT. Took me an hour.

THIS IS AN OWNERS' THREAD.

If you don't own the set or don't have a legitimate question to ask an owner, you probably shouldn't post here. Examples:
OK: "I want to get this set, but need to know the viewing angle limits."
NOT OK: "Does this set blow away my uber-cool 90-inch Rapture 7000 cuz I doubt it LOMZ!!111"

This is not a comparison thread. While some comparison to other makes and models is inevitable, this isn't a place to insist that some other product is better.. over and over and over. Go make a comparison thread if that's what you want to do. Don't assume it's your duty to post information about other brands to educate anyone who is researching purchasing one. It's not.

This is not a sales thread. The owner of a P-series is most likely not going to know when it'll be available for sale in Saskatchewan.

This is not a thread where movie transfers are to be discussed as they have nothing to do with the set, itself. Use the links the members in this thread have provided.

This is not a thread where cable/streaming service providers are to be discussed unless it's specific to the set.

This is not the thread to learn how to pirate content in Canada.

I appreciate all of you who pointed this out and I'm sorry I couldn't get to it until today.

From here on out, trolling will result in being banned from the thread.
I am just using this as a refresher.......he said a lot has been deleted.
post #4983 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2 only came out last year so you are going to get upset at the AVR manufacturer for claiming "4k readiness".
It is only about 6-9 months ago when AVRs were finally 4K ready.
Gah, darn marketing! Oh, well, PCM works for now. At some point I'll probably want to upgrade my receiver to get Atmos sound anyway. Sigh, this is an expensive hobby!
thomasfxlt and isaurio like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4984 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvbounty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd1965 View Post
Finally hung my P75 on the wall. Have to purchase a new receiver though as hdmi is blown out and it's a good excuse to buy a new one. Thinking about the new Yamaha RXV series. Set up the harmony elite remote and it's working. New picures.
Thanks you just made my day, I showed your setup to my and she wants one now, the only thing is I'll need a whole new house to go with TV....lol
Hah! That's how it usually starts my friend. I'm basically redoing my entire house now as this made the rest of the house look tired. If you need any details on the wall project I would be glad to share.
Blaine Doss likes this.
post #4985 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
I have an old ColorVision Spyder 2 I use for calibrating my computer monitor -- is there any way I could use this to calibrate my P65?
It would probably work fine for grayscale calibration. Calibration of the primaries and secondaries is tricky on this set; I'd hold off on doing those for now.
post #4986 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spine Guy View Post
Been tracking the thread non-stop. Unfortunately, a funeral set back my delivery a week. So, this coming Friday BB will deliever the P75 and I can finally join the team.

Do I need to do/pay for any other service to BB for them to set it up? I want to check off as much as I can for any issues or defects before I send them on their way.

Sounds like my initial pathway is this:
-Fire up and update
-download apps for remote tablet
-using universal mx-900 remote as carry over to start
-Load up Thomas' settings from page 1, or should we follow rtings cal or others posted?
-get arc working with my Yamaha. (Not running atmos, 20ft ceilings etc doesn't give right environment)
-hemmorhage budget on vudu for DV and UHD streams
-wait for golden reference?

I'll send pics, and yes it's being mounted over a linear fireplace. Don't shoot me, it's the only place in my room (only one wall) and meets WAF.
When Best Buy delivered mine, they unboxed it, assembled the feet, hooked everything up and turned it on. I gave it a quick once-over, just to look for dead pixels or obvious defects, but they didn't stick around long enough for it to do the update or anything. Once I said the screen looked OK, they had me sign the papers, then they packed up the box and left.
post #4987 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100 View Post
Wow man, calm down. I was just mentioning someone I knew having a similar issue to him with the previous P series. I dont see any wrong in doing that. This is a discussion board and if I had an issue with a tv I would certainly not mind some input on it from someone else, whether they "own it" or not.
If you missed this yesterday, you might want to check it out now. Some parts may apply.

A Moderator's Message
promike and Oldways7 like this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 04-10-2016 at 11:57 AM.
post #4988 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamacy View Post
Hey all,

Been a long time lurker here. Really loving my new P65. Recently found a vertical 1px band from the top and all the way to the bottom. It's like a dark yellowish color. Extremely hard to see unless very very close to the set. I will try to get a picture of it.

I was curious on your thoughts if this is something to try and do a replacement on. I don't want to nitpick, but I just worry it may be something that spreads or is indicative of something worse that may happen outside of the return window.

It's 4 or 5 pixels from the right of the screen. Appears almost black when a solid blue slide is on the screen. Cannot see it from seating distance though on normal content.

Thanks!
Quoting myself here as I didn't see any thoughts from you guys. Here is a pic - can't get it to rotate right when uploading... but this is on the right side of the set, running the entire length top and bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vizio_p65_yellow_line.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	1370186  
post #4989 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5069 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
Just started HCFR and version 3.4.0 is now available.

Go to Measures --> Generator --> Configure, select CCast.

What display type does everyone here use in either CalMAN or HCFR? White led or blue led?
Cool... I ended up just using an HDMI cable but good to know. I used White LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
Rtings.com has said this TV is great for video games....But saw some other comments in the thread that people were having some issues...

Just wondering if anybody can speak to gaming on the P Series. I'm a big PS4 user and the majority of the TV's uses will just be for watching TV and gaming.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around Vizio as not being a budget, big box manufacturer...
I used a Wii through Component and XBox One through HDMI-5. Zero studdering with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
could be improved but your saturation sweeps were very good. It's far more important to get the colors below 100% saturation right as almost no content is 100% saturation. From your other charts, everything looked good except blue, which has room for improvement.

You also want to run the "color checker" patterns. This is a series of colors that are hard wired in our brains as things to recognize like grass, Sky, skin tones, etc.
So You're saying that all my Saturation should be set to just below the 100% line? Which blue in the other charts are still high? They all look good to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #4990 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post

I used a Wii through Component and XBox One through HDMI-5. Zero studdering with either.

So You're saying that all my Saturation should be set to just below the 100% line? Which blue in the other charts are still high? They all look good to me.
So I was advised to use display reference LED, blue green... I wonder if that accounts for the difference in blue readings?

Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #4991 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quoting myself here as I didn't see any thoughts from you guys. Here is a pic - can't get it to rotate right when uploading... but this is on the right side of the set, running the entire length top and bottom.
Obviously that shouldn't be there. When you display a cable channel, is it there? All sources? The display has the ability to "scale" the image vertically and horizontally to properly fill the area. I'm not sure that accounts for this line though. If it was solid to the edge or "no image from the line to the edge, that's what I'd do... adjust the vertical height.

post #4992 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Obviously that shouldn't be there. When you display a cable channel, is it there? All sources? The display has the ability to "scale" the image vertically and horizontally to properly fill the area. I'm not sure that accounts for this line though. If it was solid to the edge or "no image from the line to the edge, that's what I'd do... adjust the vertical height.
Yeah I know it shouldn't be there, but I don't have any dead pixels, etc. I just was curious if I was gambling on getting a worse set, if that makes sense.

It's there on all sources, that pic was taken with the built in calibration test slides. On blue it is entirely off/black.

The caveat is, I can't see it from seating distance, or ... really anywhere but a few feet from the screen. I just worry it may get worse, or brighter, etc.

Thanks!
post #4993 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 PM

Also, the pic is rotated wrong, it's not on the top - its on the side. Right side.
post #4994 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I know it shouldn't be there, but I don't have any dead pixels, etc. I just was curious if I was gambling on getting a worse set, if that makes sense.

It's there on all sources, that pic was taken with the built in calibration test slides. On blue it is entirely off/black.

The caveat is, I can't see it from seating distance, or ... really anywhere but a few feet from the screen. I just worry it may get worse, or brighter, etc.

Thanks!
You can't keep that unless it's edge of image... its it's running through the image, you have to have it replaced or fixed.

You could try a full factory reset of the display before you make a decision.
shoman94 and staindrocks like this.

post #4995 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
The first step might be contacting Visio Support if no one has run into the same problem here.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
post #4996 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Also, the pic is rotated wrong, it's not on the top - its on the side. Right side.
Still, if it's running 'through" the image, you should replace it if it doesn't correct itself with a factory reset.
shoman94 likes this.

post #4997 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
The first step might be contacting Visio Support if no one has run into the same problem here.
For sure.

post #4998 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"For all resolutions and refresh rate, 4:4:4 is more blurry than on other TVs that support it." -Rtings Review.

Anyone have a 2016 P series connected to an Nvidia GTX 960 or above and experienced any blurriness (not sure if they meant text, motion, movies, games)? I'm a little confused on what this could even be referencing, what would be causing this, and whether or not I should avoid this TV if I'm primarily using it with a PC connected. I put in a question asking for clarity from Rtings but they quoted a 11.5 business day response time.
post #4999 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Still, if it's running 'through" the image, you should replace it if it doesn't correct itself with a factory reset.
For sure -- thanks. I thought so. I've tried a factory reset, etc. It's just a dead/yellow line of pixels. It does go through images that are on that edge of the screen.

I'll contact BestBuy/Vizio regarding this.

Thanks! I'll let yall know how it goes.
thomasfxlt likes this.
post #5000 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic71789 View Post
"For all resolutions and refresh rate, 4:4:4 is more blurry than on other TVs that support it." -Rtings Review.

Anyone have a 2016 P series connected to an Nvidia GTX 960 or above and experienced any blurriness (not sure if they meant text, motion, movies, games)? I'm a little confused on what this could even be referencing, what would be causing this, and whether or not I should avoid this TV if I'm primarily using it with a PC connected. I put in a question asking for clarity from Rtings but they quoted a 11.5 business day response time.
There's a number of users that have connected HTPC's already. You could scan the thread and PM a few. Not sure how many have pushed the envelope.

post #5001 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Has anyone gone from a Samsung js9000 to the p series? Bought my 55js9000 last summer and love it, only complaint is the size. I've got a guy that will buy my Samsung for $1200, if I did that I'd grab the 65" p series. Anyone out there done this?
post #5002 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
Rtings.com has said this TV is great for video games....But saw some other comments in the thread that people were having some issues...

Just wondering if anybody can speak to gaming on the P Series. I'm a big PS4 user and the majority of the TV's uses will just be for watching TV and gaming.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around Vizio as not being a budget, big box manufacturer...

I've done quite a bit of gaming on it over the past few days and it looks awesome. I recently bought a new hdd for my ps4 so I'm still putting games on it. But so far I've played the witcher 3, destiny, and quite a bit of NHL 16. In terms of gaming, I've never played on anything better than this, no issues so far.
thomasfxlt and Hal DeVaney like this.
post #5003 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NGOFTH3JUNGL3 View Post
I've done quite a bit of gaming on it over the past few days and it looks awesome. I recently bought a new hdd for my ps4 so I'm still putting games on it. But so far I've played the witcher 3, destiny, and quite a bit of NHL 16. In terms of gaming, I've never played on anything better than this, no issues so far.
Are you using HDMI 5? Sorry, I'm not a gamer or HTPC user? What video card are you using and what resolution and settings are you pushing?

Thanks for the feedback.

post #5004 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Ive only owned direct lit tv's, most recently a 60ju7100. I kept having to get the main board replaced and just recently best buy game me a full refund. I ended up getting the 65js8500. Really like the tv, excellent picture, sports look top notch with almost no dirty screen or banding. Black uniformity is pretty good. My biggest problem is watching movies with edge lit in dark setting. Anytime there is a dark outside scene with something going on in the middle u have a fair amount of light bleed on the sides which really ruins the movie for me. Brighter it is in the middle the more bleed. I ordered bias lighting as my last resort. Was and still am thinking hard on getting this tv but ive been reading and seeing video of some pretty major banding issues on sports, which I cant stand. Now I know it can be a set by set issue but rtings had issues and posters on here have also. If your not looking for it or a sports watcher u probably dont notice dont care. So I guess im asking if its a common problem for those who have been watching sports or anyone that sees it but doesnt care as it doesnt show up as often as every time the picture pans down the field.
post #5005 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Are you using HDMI 5? Sorry, I'm not a gamer or HTPC user? What video card are you using and what resolution and settings are you pushing?

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm just using the ps4 on hdmi 5, gaming mode, 1080p. I haven't found the need to make any adjustments to the settings yet, I've been happy with it.
post #5006 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Red face

Some people had wondered why I hadn't posted in a while. Well I couldn't post in this forum until I was a P-series owner.

#ThisJustHappened ,#Drove4Hours2GetIt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160410_151343_1460315845088.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1370306  
Jehan, VBB, Spine Guy and 21 others like this.

Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 04-10-2016 at 12:21 PM.
post #5007 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebby24 View Post
Ive only owned direct lit tv's, most recently a 60ju7100. I kept having to get the main board replaced and just recently best buy game me a full refund. I ended up getting the 65js8500. Really like the tv, excellent picture, sports look top notch with almost no dirty screen or banding. Black uniformity is pretty good. My biggest problem is watching movies with edge lit in dark setting. Anytime there is a dark outside scene with something going on in the middle u have a fair amount of light bleed on the sides which really ruins the movie for me. Brighter it is in the middle the more bleed. I ordered bias lighting as my last resort. Was and still am thinking hard on getting this tv but ive been reading and seeing video of some pretty major banding issues on sports, which I cant stand. Now I know it can be a set by set issue but rtings had issues and posters on here have also. If your not looking for it or a sports watcher u probably dont notice dont care. So I guess im asking if its a common problem for those who have been watching sports or anyone that sees it but doesnt care as it doesnt show up as often as every time the picture pans down the field.
It's pretty clean on-center or narrow angle off-center. If you sit off to the side, you'll have to be the judge. It's most noticeable during hockey.

post #5008 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post

i meant don't worry about the 100% saturation de as much as you should be focusing on the 25-75% saturations de. Ideally all de should be below 3.
WiFi-Spy and shoman94 like this.
post #5009 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Some people had wondered why I hadn't posted in a while. Well I couldn't post in this forum until I was a P-series owner.

#ThisJustHappened,#Drove4Hours2GetIt
About time!
VBB, mpgxsvcd and shoman94 like this.

post #5010 of 64021 Old 04-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
For sure -- thanks. I thought so. I've tried a factory reset, etc. It's just a dead/yellow line of pixels. It does go through images that are on that edge of the screen.

I'll contact BestBuy/Vizio regarding this.

Thanks! I'll let yall know how it goes.
If you're interested in getting a possible fix, I would start with Visio Support. Then I would go to BB for a replacement. Where do you stand in their return period?

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page