Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288467Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5011 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Owners interested in calibration:

It's a pretty technical discussion with a fairly steep learning curve. It's been suggested that we offshoot the calibration discussion of the 2016 P series to a thread in the Calibration area. I personally think that's a good idea but feedback welcome as well as a someone to start the thread.

That doesn't mean we can't address basics here or post settings and such, but the deep dive would be elsewhere.

Thoughts?
Blaine Doss, VBB, Ph8te and 5 others like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5012 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
So I was advised to use display reference LED, blue green... I wonder if that accounts for the difference in blue readings?
I don't know... this is my first calibration. I don't know what the difference it would make in the calibration. I do know that with all the 4K content I watch last night including just regular street scenes etc, looked so realistic to me. I love everything about the picture currently. I did edit my settings post with saturation and typo with my Gain setting. Not sure how I messed that up when I posted the numbers. I added a link in my sig for easy access. Did you try them? (lol probably not)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5013 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I don't know... this is my first calibration. I don't know what the difference it would make in the calibration. I do know that with all the 4K content I watch last night including just regular street scenes etc, looked so realistic to me. I love everything about the picture currently. I did edit my settings post with saturation and typo with my Gain setting. Not sure how I messed that up when I posted the numbers. I added a link in my sig for easy access. Did you try them? (lol probably not)
I know how that is too. I'm not super experienced either. I will just say that the advise came from the most reliable source possible.

I think it probably impacts how it reads white.
shoman94 likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5014 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Are you using HDMI 5? Sorry, I'm not a gamer or HTPC user? What video card are you using and what resolution and settings are you pushing?

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm not using it for pc gaming at all. Anything you're curious about in particular?
K1NGOFTH3JUNGL3 is offline  
post #5015 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NGOFTH3JUNGL3 View Post
I'm not using it for pc gaming at all. Anything you're curious about in particular?
I think there will be questions about driving it from an HTPC in 4k/60 4:4:4 and whether it's fully usable as a PC monitor.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5016 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Member
 
accord 4 me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelikesspam View Post
This is my second P65C1. The first had panel malfunctions and was exchanged after a week. But during that week it was watchable and never showed the problem I am having with the new set, which is..... it intermittently but repeatedly turns itself off and back on. Demo mode is off, timers are off, it happens with both Cast and HDMI/set top box sources and this never happened with the other set.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Contact Vizio support. I'm getting mine replaced tomorrow for the exact same issue
accord 4 me is offline  
post #5017 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Member
 
Jared555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I think there will be questions about driving it from an HTPC in 4k/60 4:4:4 and whether it's fully usable as a PC monitor.
Usage as a computer monitor is definitely my main plan for the screen.
Jared555 is offline  
post #5018 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord 4 me View Post
Contact Vizio support. I'm getting mine replaced tomorrow for the exact same issue
Mine did some of that before the most recent app updates and .12 firmware. It's not done it now for 5 days.

I agree, if you are entirely up to date with software and firmware, have done a reset etc... time to call and some help.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5019 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Some people had wondered why I hadn't posted in a while. Well I couldn't post in this forum until I was a P-series owner.

#ThisJustHappened ,#Drove4Hours2GetIt



Now thats a tight fit!
boosted330 is online now  
post #5020 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared555 View Post
Usage as a computer monitor is definitely my main plan for the screen.
There was a comment made in the ratings.com review that indicated 4k/60 4:4:4 was a "little softer than other displays"...

What we need now is confirmation of 1. Is the P a fully capable display for computing and 2. what does "soft" mean in real terms.

It may be that it really isn't an issue at all. Reports would be great.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5021 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,912
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Owners interested in calibration:



It's a pretty technical discussion with a fairly steep learning curve. It's been suggested that we offshoot the calibration discussion of the 2016 P series to a thread in the Calibration area. I personally think that's a good idea but feedback welcome as well as a someone to start the thread.



That doesn't mean we can't address basics here or post settings and such, but the deep dive would be elsewhere.



Thoughts?


I always think it's a good idea to split the discussion. Calibration can get very technical and bury an owners thread in "post/share your settings" posts. It will also make following/having a discussion on the quirks and or problems much easier to follow (not buried in general owner talk). You may also get more experienced eyes on the thread if it is in the Display Calibration section. Whoever created it might want to reserve the 1st 3-4 posts for "sticky" type information as well.
Ph8te is online now  
post #5022 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Member
 
bandit390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any reviews about using it as a PC monitor? Response time, etc?
bandit390 is offline  
post #5023 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
i meant don't worry about the 100% saturation de as much as you should be focusing on the 25-75% saturations de. Ideally all de should be below 3.
I guess I'm good then? My highest delta is 1.1 at 100% GS otherwise 25-75% GS is 0.8. I'm surely loving it! Thank you for and added Saturation advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
About time!
No kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Owners interested in calibration:

It's a pretty technical discussion with a fairly steep learning curve. It's been suggested that we offshoot the calibration discussion of the 2016 P series to a thread in the Calibration area. I personally think that's a good idea but feedback welcome as well as a someone to start the thread.

That doesn't mean we can't address basics here or post settings and such, but the deep dive would be elsewhere.

Thoughts?
I guess where would the line be drawn. I know with the momentum of this thread it's VERY hard to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I know how that is too. I'm not super experienced either. I will just say that the advise came from the most reliable source possible.

I think it probably impacts how it reads white.
I'm sure your source is in the know.... =)

If I feel up to it tonight or maybe between tonight and next weekend I'll try RGB LED instead of White LED. I will say though that after my first attempt I reset my "Normal" color setting and did a new baseline which had my Reds close to the Greens and Blues still dominating. Weird how that happened. If you look at my Gain/Offset numbers you can see I only made changes to Blue! I then fine tuned with 11pt and Saturation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5024 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I always think it's a good idea to split the discussion. Calibration can get very technical and bury an owners thread in "post/share your settings" posts. It will also make following/having a discussion on the quirks and or problems much easier to follow (not buried in general owner talk). You may also get more experienced eyes on the thread if it is in the Display Calibration section. Whoever created it might want to reserve the 1st 3-4 posts for "sticky" type information as well.
I was seriously hoping that would be you, but I'm not sure if you've taken the P plunge yet.
VBB likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5025 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I guess I'm good then? My highest delta is 1.1 at 100% GS otherwise 25-75% GS is 0.8. I'm surely loving it! Thank you for and added Saturation advice.


No kidding!


I guess where would the line be drawn. I know with the momentum of this thread it's VERY hard to keep up.



I'm sure your source is in the know.... =)

If I feel up to it tonight or maybe between tonight and next weekend I'll try RGB LED instead of White LED. I will say though that after my first attempt I reset my "Normal" color setting and did a new baseline which had my Reds close to the Greens and Blues still dominating. Weird how that happened. If you look at my Gain/Offset numbers you can see I only made changes to Blue! I then fine tuned with 11pt and Saturation.
At the end of the day, it's been improved for sure.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5026 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Member
 
seanclayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit390 View Post
Any reviews about using it as a PC monitor? Response time, etc?
RTings gave it a 10/10 for using as PC monitor.
thomasfxlt likes this.
seanclayton is offline  
post #5027 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Some people had wondered why I hadn't posted in a while. Well I couldn't post in this forum until I was a P-series owner.
can't wait for your thoughts.
denpom is offline  
post #5028 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,235
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Whoever created it might want to reserve the 1st 3-4 posts for "sticky" type information as well.
That wonderful person damed well better reserve some posts for "sticky" type information.
Ph8te likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
htwaits is offline  
post #5029 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanclayton View Post
RTings gave it a 10/10 for using as PC monitor.
so, apparently "a little softer than other displays" wasn't much of an issue.
Heinz68 and bluemoon737 like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5030 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 PM
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,449
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3128 Post(s)
Liked: 2544
Anyone watching live ufc fight night on Fox sports 1 and notice it's blurry as hell?

Don't think it's the TV's fault but just a garbage feed. Fighter movement is super blurry
alexanderg823 is offline  
post #5031 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Mine did some of that before the most recent app updates and .12 firmware. It's not done it now for 5 days.

I agree, if you are entirely up to date with software and firmware, have done a reset etc... time to call and some help.
I think Mine has only restarted twice in the 2/5 weeks I've owned it and it happened in the first couple days while casting. Hasn't happened since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I always think it's a good idea to split the discussion. Calibration can get very technical and bury an owners thread in "post/share your settings" posts. It will also make following/having a discussion on the quirks and or problems much easier to follow (not buried in general owner talk). You may also get more experienced eyes on the thread if it is in the Display Calibration section. Whoever created it might want to reserve the 1st 3-4 posts for "sticky" type information as well.
I agree... It surely needs someone that knows what they are doing with calibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
At the end of the day, it's been improved for sure.
Absolutely!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5032 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,912
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I was seriously hoping that would be you, but I'm not sure if you've taken the P plunge yet.


Not yet I'm trying to hold off until they actually release the HDR10 update. I want to be sure I'm covered in that area. Been through too many "promises" with many many delays or fail to deliver. If you take a look at the 2014 P series calibration thread, it was pretty well done.
VBB, shoman94 and thomasfxlt like this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #5033 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,912
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg823 View Post
Anyone watching live ufc fight night on Fox sports 1 and notice it's blurry as hell?

Don't think it's the TV's fault but just a garbage feed. Fighter movement is super blurry


Noticing it on my 2014 P (blur) as well. Not a horrible feed, but something weird is going on.
Ph8te is online now  
post #5034 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Not yet I'm trying to hold off until they actually release the HDR10 update. I want to be sure I'm covered in that area. Been through too many "promises" with many many delays or fail to deliver. If you take a look at the 2014 P series calibration thread, it was pretty well done.
Yes, I used it as a basis doing some work on my M80. Very well done and tons of info.
Ph8te likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5035 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I know how that is too. I'm not super experienced either. I will just say that the advise came from the most reliable source possible.

I think it probably impacts how it reads white.
For info this is why I had chosen White LED...
Quote:
White LED: This is the most common type of modern screens. If you know your screen is LED, it’s almost certainly white LED.
RGB LED / OLED / Plasma / GB-LED: I’m not aware of many monitors using these technologies right now, but again, check your screen’s specs carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #5036 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just had this screen separating issue. Switched hdmi and went back and it was fine? If you look down the middle you can see where one side is darker than the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1460318668950.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1370354  
Spine Guy and shoman94 like this.
christopher jones is offline  
post #5037 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
For info this is why I had chosen White LED...
I suppose it's got something to do with the new LED's being used to push NITS to new levels. When I get the update to CalMAN, I'll read with both and see how the results are different.
VBB and shoman94 like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5038 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Member
 
bluswillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I recommend you exchange it.
Hey Thomas, be curious to know how much banding/verticle line issues you have with your set?
bluswillz is offline  
post #5039 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher jones View Post
Just had this screen separating issue. Switched hdmi and went back and it was fine? If you look down the middle you can see where one side is darker than the other.
I had that one time. Never happened again. I'm not sure that's the same thing as the guys that reported the line during certain high intensity scene playback. Regardless, all I had to do to clear that up was restart the set.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #5040 of 63935 Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluswillz View Post
Hey Thomas, be curious to know how much banding/verticle line issues you have with your set?
PM me your email address.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off