Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1702 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288557Likes

post #51031 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey I was hoping to get some advice about my P65. I feel that picture is pretty bad but can't tell if its an issue with my tv or if I should expect this type of image. The attached images are streamed through the built in chromecast and through my Nvidia Shield. I tested with with Local Area Dimming on and off. When its on, I feel the image is way to dark, when its off, the image is brighter but heavily pixelated. With it on or off, I notice pixelation particularly in dark scenes or on dark clothing.

Is this too be expected when steaming? Or does it look like a tv issue to you? It seems way worse then on my 7 year old vizio.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170814_202950.jpg (114.2 KB, 210 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #51032 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 PM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly7 View Post
I have the x2300w and I have mine set up exactly like these instructions and it's works for me. Sometimes I do lose connection and have to unplug everything for a few minutes and I'm ok again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
^^^ regarding my P65-E1 would not stream 5.1 from NF to my Denon AVRx3100w.
Well, I swapped out my AT&T router this morning to an AT&T 528acfxn router. Did not
touch anything in either vizio nor AVR. I was just seeing if I had to introduce the new router
network name to the Vizio. NOW! I receive 5.1 while playing NF..... Very interesting..
blatz8 likes this.
post #51033 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushaman2201 View Post
Hey I was hoping to get some advice about my P65. I feel that picture is pretty bad but can't tell if its an issue with my tv or if I should expect this type of image. The attached images are streamed through the built in chromecast and through my Nvidia Shield. I tested with with Local Area Dimming on and off. When its on, I feel the image is way to dark, when its off, the image is brighter but heavily pixelated. With it on or off, I notice pixelation particularly in dark scenes or on dark clothing.

Is this too be expected when steaming? Or does it look like a tv issue to you? It seems way worse then on my 7 year old vizio.

just curious, what app are you streaming from? Does this happen when you are streaming from an app like netflix? Also what's your internet connection.......because to me, that looks more like a distorted stream via a weak wifi signal or a stream of a compressed lower res source file being upscaled.
blatz8 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #51034 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I'm having lipsync issues with DV from my Oppo on both Despicable Me and FOTF. Oppo said to turn on game mode, I think they meant GLL, but it's greyed out with DV active. I have to switch to Game or Computer picture mode to enable it, at least I think because it's still greyed out but the button is in the "on" position. Is this normal for the latest firmware? Even with it enabled, I'm still seeing different delays from all other non-DV content.

Edit: spelling
Movie Source likes this.

————————————
TV: P65-E1 AVR: Yamaha A3060 5.2.4
Speakers: Chane A5RX-Cs, A2.4, and A1.4s
Ceiling: 4x RSL C34Es Subs: 2x Rythmik LVX12s
Oppo-203, DTV 4K, 4k FireTV, and Xbox X
post #51035 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I have a P50-C1 hooked up to a Denon AVR-X3200W and I cannot get ARC to work at all. I previously had a Panasonic 50S60 hooked up and ARC worked perfectly fine. From day one I could not get the ARC to work with the P50-C1. At first it would work with 1080 content on netflix, but skip in and out when watching Dolby Vision. Eventually it just stopped working all together. I signed up to get the new remote and got the firmware the next day. Did a factory reset and tried all the methods listed here, still no luck. Just put the settings back to how I had them with my Panasonic and when I test with Atmos the AVR recognizes the Atmos signal, but the signal cuts in and out. I can't wait for Denon to release the Dolby Vision update.

PSN - Escobar
Yamaha RX-A870 Fronts: Bowers and Wilkins 704 S2 Rosenut Center: Martin Logan Motion 8i Rears: Martin Logan Motion 4 Front Heights: Martin Logan Motion 2 Subwoofers: 2 x Definitive Technology Supercube 2000
Sony 55" A8F, Panasonic UB820
post #51036 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLightning3 View Post
I have a P50-C1 hooked up to a Denon AVR-X3200W and I cannot get ARC to work at all. I previously had a Panasonic 50S60 hooked up and ARC worked perfectly fine. From day one I could not get the ARC to work with the P50-C1. At first it would work with 1080 content on netflix, but skip in and out when watching Dolby Vision. Eventually it just stopped working all together. I signed up to get the new remote and got the firmware the next day. Did a factory reset and tried all the methods listed here, still no luck. Just put the settings back to how I had them with my Panasonic and when I test with Atmos the AVR recognizes the Atmos signal, but the signal cuts in and out. I can't wait for Denon to release the Dolby Vision update.
I'm having a similar issue with ARC with my Sony STRDN 1080. It will start in Atmos (if available), cut out, then go to Dolby Digital.
post #51037 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 PM

P65 C1 + Shield TV Stutter

Ran into a few previous posts with little resolution around this topic. I'm experiencing choppy video with my Shield TV (which goes through my Sony STRDN1080 receiver) with most, but not all, content. Almost everything on YouTube stutters. The Showtime app is unusable and HBO Now is content dependent - meaning Game of Thrones looks great, but John Oliver has choppy video. The same shows and apps run through Apple TV look and run great - no issues. If I put the Game Mode on when watching Shield it does reduce the issue, but the PQ suffers as a result.
I did try a full reset of the shield (which was painful) and that didn't really help.
I love the Shield - and love the TV - but this is too annoying. Anyone experience a similar issue and find a solution?
reallynotnick likes this.
post #51038 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
My first P75 had pretty bad DSE. The replacement traded DSE for window blinds. It's an improvement to me because I was seeing the DSE all of the time no matter what the content. There's still a little DSE off to the right, but nowhere near as bad as it was.
Same experience here. Window blinds slightly on the far left side for the replacement display, but at least I don't see DSE everywhere...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #51039 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hky4life View Post
just curious, what app are you streaming from? Does this happen when you are streaming from an app like netflix? Also what's your internet connection.......because to me, that looks more like a distorted stream via a weak wifi signal or a stream of a compressed lower res source file being upscaled.
Thanks hky4life - Those photos are using chromecast and the HBO app. This also happens with the HBO app on the nvidia shield. Internet connection is strong 150mgb/s. I dont notice it when streaming on youtube. Im using "Calibrated Dark" and "Calibrated" and find those settings to be be nearly to dark to watch - when I turn off Active LEDs - the screen is brightens to a viewable level but the distortions/pixelation is much more noticeable.
post #51040 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks hky4life - Those photos are using chromecast and the HBO app. This also happens with the HBO app on the nvidia shield. Internet connection is strong 150mgb/s. I dont notice it when streaming on youtube. Im using "Calibrated Dark" and "Calibrated" and find those settings to be be nearly to dark to watch - when I turn off Active LEDs - the screen is brightens to a viewable level but the distortions/pixelation is much more noticeable.
hmmm....that is very strange then. If I come across other people who have experienced something similar I will let you know.
post #51041 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Have you tried wired connection or checked internet speed from the TV if using wifi?
post #51042 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Liked: 1658
@bushaman2201 @him7403

The issue isn't your connection. It appears you are having a similar issue to my display. Blacks are crushed and almost impossible to fix. Fald on isn't supposed to crush blacks. I would suggest you contact Vizio. I am in the middle of trying to get my display replaced. Vizio is trying to reproduce the issue to see if it's fixable with a firmware update. If they can't then they will replace it. Call Vizio.

shoman94 likes this.
post #51043 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
@bushaman2201 @him7403

The issue isn't your connection. It appears you are having a similar issue to my display. Blacks are crushed and almost impossible to fix. Fald on isn't supposed to crush blacks. I would suggest you contact Vizio. I am in the middle of trying to get my display replaced. Vizio is trying to reproduce the issue to see if it's fixable with a firmware update. If they can't then they will replace it. Call Vizio.

I agree...I would contact Vizio.....However, based on the info so far, it only appears to be happening when using the HBO app (regardless of device)
post #51044 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 10:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hky4life View Post
I agree...I would contact Vizio.....However, based on the info so far, it only appears to be happening when using the HBO app (regardless of device)
For me it is on all content with all devices and services I use. I don't have HBO.

post #51045 of 64317 Old 08-14-2017, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone else having problems with the "fake app" version of Netflix in 3.3.18.1 getting stuck in 720P even after a few minutes? If I switch to casting instead, it has no problem getting to 4K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #51046 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@nocturne1 Everything ramps up to 4k and never comes down for me. I would recommend checking your network configuration. Changing the display DNS to your router. Check your router config as well.

post #51047 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Yea no issues here with the TVs Netflix here either, 4K works fine and my internet currently sucks too, only 30mb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #51048 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:

I have noticed similar issues with dark scenes in Game of Thrones. It looks like compression artifacts. I haven't had problems with other sources. Dark scenes from blu-rays and other high quality sources look clear. I don't know why GoT looks so bad, maybe HBO is compressing it a lot to try to save bandwidth since it is streamed so much. Do you have problems with all your content or just HBO stuff? Can you test a blu-ray to see how it looks?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| LG OLED65C8P | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Def Tech BP9040 + CS9040 + A90 + SR9080 | Klipsch R-112SW |
post #51049 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 114
This may have been discussed but finally watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4k on my P75 last night. WOW hello Dolby Vision.
post #51050 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4771 Post(s)
Liked: 2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytvstosee View Post
This may have been discussed but finally watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4k on my P75 last night. WOW hello Dolby Vision.
Yeah, I also watched it last night in 4k and loved it. Loved all the music back from my day too.

lujan
581 Ultra HD
722 HD
4 SD
post #51051 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
I have noticed similar issues with dark scenes in Game of Thrones. It looks like compression artifacts. I haven't had problems with other sources. Dark scenes from blu-rays and other high quality sources look clear. I don't know why GoT looks so bad, maybe HBO is compressing it a lot to try to save bandwidth since it is streamed so much. Do you have problems with all your content or just HBO stuff? Can you test a blu-ray to see how it looks?
GoT looks terrible on my display, about as bad as @bushaman2201 if I turn Active LED Zones OFF. Haven't streamed any other HBO content, but it's definitely not an issue with any other source (i.e. may be just GoT or all of HBO, but definitely not a TV issue). I've tried HBO Now on: Xbox One S, AppleTV, and SmartCast through the iOS app. Of the 3 I found SmartCast through HBO Now iOS app to look the best, but it's only stereo sound. So I use the AppleTV so I get DD and the picture is just slightly worse than SmartCast through iOS app. Using HBO Now on Xbox is basically useless.

I have ALZ turned ON and Brightness set to 90 and watch in the late evening/night and the picture is acceptable. Some scenes look great, others not so much, no idea how it is Netflix can stream 4K-DV-Atmos but HBO can even get us a decent 1080p image with DD through every platform.

I haven't tried HBO thru Hulu or Amazon. Does anyone subscribe to HBO through these services and have info on the picture quality? My only thought was that maybe it uses Hulu/Amazon servers and would give better picture than HBO servers. But that's assuming Amazon/Hulu isn't just a subscription shell feeding you content through the same pipeline as the HBO Now app.
blatz8 likes this.
post #51052 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by football751 View Post
<SNIP>

I haven't tried HBO thru Hulu or Amazon. Does anyone subscribe to HBO through these services and have info on the picture quality? My only thought was that maybe it uses Hulu/Amazon servers and would give better picture than HBO servers. But that's assuming Amazon/Hulu isn't just a subscription shell feeding you content through the same pipeline as the HBO Now app.
I've subscribed to HBO via Amazon. But I've been watching GoT through a Roku Premier+ and not casting. I haven't noticed any problems with excessive artifacts or blocking in dark scenes. But maybe I'm just not very observant. I have no clue whether Amazon is hosting the content or if it's a shell feeding you the same content as HBO Now app. I do get DD+ through my setup though.

Last year, when I had HBO through cable subscription, I personally thought the picture quality through HBO Go (not Now) was better than was Comcast what putting through the pipeline.
post #51053 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by football751 View Post
GoT looks terrible on my display, about as bad as @bushaman2201 if I turn Active LED Zones OFF. Haven't streamed any other HBO content, but it's definitely not an issue with any other source (i.e. may be just GoT or all of HBO, but definitely not a TV issue). I've tried HBO Now on: Xbox One S, AppleTV, and SmartCast through the iOS app. Of the 3 I found SmartCast through HBO Now iOS app to look the best, but it's only stereo sound. So I use the AppleTV so I get DD and the picture is just slightly worse than SmartCast through iOS app. Using HBO Now on Xbox is basically useless.

I have ALZ turned ON and Brightness set to 90 and watch in the late evening/night and the picture is acceptable. Some scenes look great, others not so much, no idea how it is Netflix can stream 4K-DV-Atmos but HBO can even get us a decent 1080p image with DD through every platform.

GoT via Amazon HBO comes for me across pretty good at 1080p and DD+. I think I know what you are talking about with the very dark black sometimes I see some pixelating. To me this seems typical with compressed streaming.
post #51054 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvito2 View Post
Purchased a new P65 about 2 weeks ago...it had ripples throughout the screen. Called Vizio and they sent me a new one which I received today...in about 2-3 hrs of use it has rebooted itself 5 times, takes longer to power up then my other one did and when it does come on it flashes a white light in the top left corner of the screen every single time which my last unit did not do.

What gives? Am I just unlucky or are these things built like crap?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
When Manna guys came out to my house to replace p65c1, the guy said that they replace alot of Vizios out of all brands, so that definitely had me concerned.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
post #51055 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is 3.2.13.3 the latest firmware because this is the firmware where the TV keeps locking up and freezing?

MY GEAR
Vizio - P75C1
Denon - X6300H
Oppo - 203 UHD Player
Elac - Debut Series with Dolby Atmos
post #51056 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
@Movie Source

It is the latest official firmware, but the beta, with the on screen apps is 3.3.18.1

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #51057 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohcho View Post
When Manna guys came out to my house to replace p65c1, the guy said that they replace alot of Vizios out of all brands, so that definitely had me concerned.

That's because Vizio has great customer service and will take responsibility for mistakes. Other manufacturers like Samsung have bad track records. They will find any reason to not honor a replacement.

post #51058 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
That's because Vizio has great customer service and will take responsibility for mistakes. Other manufacturers like Samsung have bad track records. They will find any reason to not honor a replacement.

Agreed. Vizio customer service is in another level from tge rest

post #51059 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
I get GoT on my Optik TV 4K PVR it is on a 150Mbps fiber connection, the picture is perfect, there is never any pixelization or artifacts. The PVR does a very good job upscaling the 1080p signal to 4k.
post #51060 of 64317 Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytvstosee View Post
Did you watch it via Cast? I tried with ARC enabled and two things kept happening: (i) audio would cut out and switch from Atmost to regular, and (ii) I noticed it switching between 1080p and 4k. Anything similar happen to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page