Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 1784 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288461Likes

post #53491 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3288 Post(s)
Liked: 6112
Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
It definitely is triggering true HLG HDR. A test video that I made looks completely different when you cast it directly to Youtube in the TV as opposed to casting it to the Chromecast. The HLG HDR version looks exactly like I wanted it to look when I graded it in resolve.

HLG support for this TV is VERY significant. It is the one component that could have really limited the P-series from being a universal HDR display in the future.

HLG HDR broadcasting is probably a few years or more away but it really will transform broadcasting. Almost more so than 4K. I have the 4K broadcasts from Directv. Don't get me wrong. They are a million times better than 720p and 1080i. However, I would trade the 4K for 1080p HLG HDR any day of the week. I am a gigantic fan of HLG HDR.

Confirmed on my display. HLG definitely has its own cal bank as well.

Chase that rabbit down the hole over in the calibration thread. ✌️
Brandon B, mpgxsvcd, Ph8te and 4 others like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53492 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Watched stranger things last night in calibrated mode and it looked great but but most other content is subpar. Just feel that Fald on this TV is not all it's cracked up to be.

YouTube 4k looks good but still see see uniformity issues quick panning.

I tried YouTube TV and MLB looked just ok. Too many issues with banding on the field. Also watched soccer, hockey and same thing. I tried an on demand movie from YouTube TV (Kingsman) and forwarded towards the end when they are in the artic with white mountains and snow. When moving, I could see the bars. Feel like it gets worse and other mfg TV's don't have the same issue.

Could it be the content I'm watching makes it more apparent?

Really contemplating checking out a 75 900e.

This is the 5th (first few broken out of box) set.

Two questions:
Do you guys have Judder and Reduce Blur enabled when watching DV content?

Also I find that I can only adjust Judder and not reduce motion blue as it's grayed out

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #53493 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I was playing around with HDR videos that I produce for my Vizio P75. We knew that HDR10(PQ) would work with a Google Chromecast device and YouTube. However, up till now there was no indication that HLG would ever be able to work with the Vizio P-series.

That may have changed though. I tried playing the HLG HDR video I made below through the Chromecast Ultra tonight and now the Vizio onscreen info bar shows HLG HDR is being received.

Spoiler!

The Vizio Display Information screen shows HDR = Unknown. However, it does appear to be decoding HLG HDR now from the Chromecast Ultra. If it doesn't receive HDR then it shows HDR = No.

Spoiler!

I have a Panasonic camera that allows me to shoot true HLG HDR 4K video and this is the one thing that I always feared the Vizio P-series displays would not support. Apparently HLG HDR support was recently added to the Vizio P-series. Try it yourself if you have that display.

Thanks for finding this! I'm glad you can start enjoying your homemade HLG vids now. HLG was my main wishlist item for the P Series.

I can also confirm HLG working. But for those without a Chromecast Ultra like me, you can test it with this demo file: http://4kmedia.org/travelxp-4k-hdr-hlg-sample/
It works via USB. And it also works via the Oppo 203.

They have an LG HLG demo on that site as well, but I could not get it to work.
mpgxsvcd and reallynotnick like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53494 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3752 Post(s)
Liked: 2956
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Same here, the Oppo at least does not know what to do with that one and converts it to SDR BT709.
post #53495 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2870 Post(s)
Liked: 3427
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Thanks for finding this! I'm glad you can start enjoying your homemade HLG vids now. HLG was my main wishlist item for the P Series.

I can also confirm HLG working. But for those without a Chromecast Ultra like me, you can test it with this demo file: http://4kmedia.org/travelxp-4k-hdr-hlg-sample/
It works via USB. And it also works via the Oppo 203.

This is pretty good news..i wonder if vizio even knows about this!
shoman94 likes this.
post #53496 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Restarting?

Last night I watched Stranger Things without much incident. Today, I start to finish it and the TV is restarting every few minutes.

Before I started troubleshooting, i wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else. Thanks in advance
StraylightX likes this.
post #53497 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked: 3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Just a few comments about backlight, DV and setup. First, it’s your display. Do what you want. That’s out of the way. Now, factory calibration on a p75 definitely favors BL50 for 99% of visible color (which occurs between 5-70% on the EOTF). That means that 99% of everything you see using factory calibrations is more accurate to the DV standards as mastered than at any other backlight setting. The 90% highlites at BL50 are definitely clipped. We’ve called that “broken”. I’m not clear that it’s “broken” or whether this is a “choice” to limit the DR because of the inability of our displays to produce bright small windows and lower nits large windows. In a perfect HDR world, full screen NITs would be limited and the small windows would produce the peaks. That said, BL30 produces the brightest 90% in nits and produces improved contrast/detail in and around these near-spectral elements. When you run a pre-cal at BL 30, the 5%-70% suffer a drop in luminance and it’s significant. You can improve this by copying settings from someone’s similar display calibration (done at BL30) or make a compensation by lowering gamma to 2.0. Those adjustments will help in restoring your midtones and shadow detail. If you want accuracy and the reproduction of the brightest 90% the display can produce, then you should become a calibration hobbyist or sneak over the cal thread and copy settings from our regulars here who’ve put hundreds of hours in doing it. Beware baseline differences between displays, even of the same model. It does appear though that most models have a unique signature that is similar between samples. I don’t believe the P series will ever produce/limit large window nits below the peaks of small window nits. If that ratio was 400/600 or 350/600, that would be perfect... but it’s not. What we have is 600/400 (approx) and that luminance ratio between large windows and small windows is the opposite of ideal and why I believe Vizio may have introduced this change intentionally.

Edit: I have a P75.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whatever....lol. I've had enough of this weirdness from Vizio.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #53498 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3igi3yrd View Post
Last night I watched Stranger Things without much incident. Today, I start to finish it and the TV is restarting every few minutes.

Before I started troubleshooting, i wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else. Thanks in advance

My tv was restarting a lot too, I called Vizio cause this is my 2nd replacement I just got. They made me do a hard power reset and then sent me a patch . I haven’t had the issue since. It’s only been 24 hours though. I guess this patch is supposed to slowly go to all the displays with the newest firmware. The supervisor told me it won’t show that the patch went through it’s just pretty much re installing the firmware with the patch ... so I wasn’t able to actually see the patch went through but my tv hasn’t had an issue now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #53499 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 12:45 PM

Hey guys I’m curious. My Apple TV 4K told me to try dolbyvision. So I did and it works and shows in the setting that’s it’s Dolby vision. Also shows when I press info on the display that it’s 2160p Dolby vision. But in input settings it doesn’t show full color enabled. I never enabled it but everything shows that it’s dv. Should I even mess with it?

post #53500 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Hey guys I’m curious. My Apple TV 4K told me to try dolbyvision. So I did and it works and shows in the setting that’s it’s Dolby vision. Also shows when I press info on the display that it’s 2160p Dolby vision. But in input settings it doesn’t show full color enabled. I never enabled it but everything shows that it’s dv. Should I even mess with it?

Full color is not needed for Dolby Vision

blatz8 likes this.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #53501 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Full color is not needed for Dolby Vision

I was hoping you’d comment, thanks man. I have the p75 like you. Would you recommend me using your calibration for dv?

blatz8 likes this.
post #53502 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
My tv was restarting a lot too, I called Vizio cause this is my 2nd replacement I just got. They made me do a hard power reset and then sent me a patch . I haven’t had the issue since. It’s only been 24 hours though. I guess this patch is supposed to slowly go to all the displays with the newest firmware. The supervisor told me it won’t show that the patch went through it’s just pretty much re installing the firmware with the patch ... so I wasn’t able to actually see the patch went through but my tv hasn’t had an issue now

Just wondering if this 'patch' cleared up the Shield washed out colour issues?

And, would this let a Shield (2017) do YouTube HDR?

reallynotnick likes this.
post #53503 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0pp3r View Post
Just wondering if this 'patch' cleared up the Shield washed out colour issues?

And, would this let a Shield (2017) do YouTube HDR?

YouTube hdr on the shield would be a shield patch not a Vizio patch.

post #53504 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
YouTube hdr on the shield would be a shield patch not a Vizio patch.

But at least now the tv would be able to display it, whereas before it wouldn't. Am I getting my bad around this correctly?

post #53505 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I was hoping you’d comment, thanks man. I have the p75 like you. Would you recommend me using your calibration for dv?

You can try them but I have some new settings I've been using. I'll update them tonight. I have some new bt1886 SDR settings as well.

post #53506 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched a little bit and couldn't find anything, and I'm a little frustrated. I just got my P65-E mounted, and tried connecting it to my Samsung soundbar (550 model from a few years ago via HDMI). I have it plugged in to HDMI 1 (ARC) into the TV, but I can't get any audio from the soundbar. I've played w/ the settings on the TV and believe I have everything correct. Any advice? Thank you in advance.
post #53507 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Google Home Chromecast Ultra

...sorry for the long post, I sometimes ramble :P

Curious if anyone else has and uses a Google Home for casting voice control.

Happy owner of a Vizio P65-C1 since 4/18/16. Since I got this TV I have loved the built in cast support and because of it, I prefer being able to browse content on my phone/tablet while something is playing instead of using a remote to click, click, click, navigating through menus. Having to do that now, just seems cumbersome LOL. Add in a Google Home with cast voice control and it is perfect. I know it sounds lazy but IMO, voice control is more of a convenience.

When I got Cast Firmware update 1.21.75378 on my monitor back around 12/22/16, this enabled the ability to cast through voice commands from my Google Home. It became the norm to say “Pause TV” when getting up to run to the kitchen, front door, or while away from a remote/cell phone. This is also added the benefit of saying Hey Google, RW/FF X minutes which is much easier than digging for my phone or tablet then dragging my finger on the screen :P When my TV got the panel firmware that provided Quick Start, the ability to turn on my tv by asking to play something on TV when it was off, became the norm. I can somewhat control volume through the Google Home but it is when I normally reach for the remote since it is sometimes faster. I think this is due to limitation through CEC control on my Denon X1100w.

Recently, I got curious what extra commands a ChromeCast Ultra would provide and since I have dropped cable for YouTube TV, I got a ChromeCast Ultra for the bedroom and after I got my free CC for signing with YTTV I decided to test out the CCU on my P65.

With the CCU, I have not yet done a good comparison of video quality but have seen reports that it does seem to provide a better picture than what the built in Vizio Smartcast does for some streaming content providers. Using a CCU has perfect volume control through Google services b/c it uses a cast volume level instead of the volume on my receiver (set it and forget it) But services like Netlix, Vudu, the cast volume level through voice control, doesn’t seem to have any effect. I would direct connect the CCU to my x1100w to see if this offers volume control through CEC but I would lose DV and HDR. I have a feeling this will be fixed in an update b/c it recently started lowering the volume of the cast through Netflix when I would say “Hey Google” so the Google Home can hear me more clearly, an option that can be disabled in GH settings. No more repeating request when the volume is high. :P The CCU also offers the nice feature of power control to turn the the monitor off, great for when I fall asleep watching TV and they just added support for YTTV controls through GH and I love it. “Hey Google, watch the news on Living Room” brings up WGAL on my Vizio

So far I think I am going to stick with using the CCU on my P65-C1 for the added benefits of more voice control and cast version updates.
rdh86 and DOCT0R like this.

Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570
post #53508 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0pp3r View Post
But at least now the tv would be able to display it, whereas before it wouldn't. Am I getting my bad around this correctly?

I’m lost. The shield has never ever been able to do YouTube in hdr . On any display. Chrome cast ultra allows you to, as does a few TVs and I think a few Blu-ray players. Has nothing to do with the display. The display itself can not do hdr YouTube internally, but it can if hooked up to the right source .

post #53509 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by accohn12 View Post
sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched a little bit and couldn't find anything, and I'm a little frustrated. I just got my P65-E mounted, and tried connecting it to my Samsung soundbar (550 model from a few years ago via HDMI). I have it plugged in to HDMI 1 (ARC) into the TV, but I can't get any audio from the soundbar. I've played w/ the settings on the TV and believe I have everything correct. Any advice? Thank you in advance.
On the Vizio settings make sure CEC is set to ARC. Under Audio settings Digital Audio Out try Auto or Bitstream.
post #53510 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Just a few comments about backlight, DV and setup. First, it’s your display. Do what you want. That’s out of the way. Now, factory calibration on a p75 definitely favors BL50 for 99% of visible color (which occurs between 5-70% on the EOTF). That means that 99% of everything you see using factory calibrations is more accurate to the DV standards as mastered than at any other backlight setting. The 90% highlites at BL50 are definitely clipped. We’ve called that “broken”. I’m not clear that it’s “broken” or whether this is a “choice” to limit the DR because of the inability of our displays to produce bright small windows and lower nits large windows. In a perfect HDR world, full screen NITs would be limited and the small windows would produce the peaks. That said, BL30 produces the brightest 90% in nits and produces improved contrast/detail in and around these near-spectral elements. When you run a pre-cal at BL 30, the 5%-70% suffer a drop in luminance and it’s significant. You can improve this by copying settings from someone’s similar display calibration (done at BL30) or make a compensation by lowering gamma to 2.0. Those adjustments will help in restoring your midtones and shadow detail. If you want accuracy and the reproduction of the brightest 90% the display can produce, then you should become a calibration hobbyist or sneak over the cal thread and copy settings from our regulars here who’ve put hundreds of hours in doing it. Beware baseline differences between displays, even of the same model. It does appear though that most models have a unique signature that is similar between samples. I don’t believe the P series will ever produce/limit large window nits below the peaks of small window nits. If that ratio was 400/600 or 350/600, that would be perfect... but it’s not. What we have is 600/400 (approx) and that luminance ratio between large windows and small windows is the opposite of ideal and why I believe Vizio may have introduced this change intentionally.

Edit: I have a P75.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This certainly makes a lot of sense and what I was suspecting as well.

If you compare something like The Lego Batman Movie on 4K Blu-Ray to the UHD Vudu stream, the difference is night and day. The 4K Blu-Ray is almost too bright, with most scenes radiating brightness and making you squint if you are in a dark room. As a result, there is certainly a lot of lost detail, especially against the white Lego faces, but everything pops off the screen in a very 3D sort of way.

On the flip side, the UHD stream (which used to look very similar to the 4K Blu-Ray except with a better handle on brightness and color saturation) now looks quite dim, with almost no bright peaks to speak of. It looks comparable to the standard Blu-Ray except with a bit wider of a color gamut. So, details are more visible, but the image ends up looking quite flat and unexciting. Colors are deep, but there is no "pop" from the HDR compared to the 4K Blu-Ray. It really seems like two extreme ends of the HDR spectrum, too dim for the stream and too bright for the disc, but I would still choose the disk any day.

Mad Max: Fury Road on the other hand looks terrible on the DV Vudu Stream. It is way to dark, almost to the point where day scenes look overcast, and there is no color pop at all. The HDX stream looks better to my eyes in spite of it having a narrower color gamut. The 4K disc on the other hand looks fantastic, taking everything up a level compared to the standard blu-ray.

It really seems like Vizio did this intentionally to combat clipping and highlight blowout in DV, but because the display can't get bright enough to combat those and still remain sufficiently bright, DV content just goes darker.
post #53511 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 02:41 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
On the Vizio settings make sure CEC is set to ARC. Under Audio settings Digital Audio Out try Auto or Bitstream.
Thanks but I've tried that and still nothing. I double checked the connections and it's connected on both ends properly. HDMI Out from the soundbar, HDMI 1 from the TV.
blatz8 likes this.
post #53512 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Did 3.4.8.5 also introduce excessive black crush on SDR content only? My P65-C1 DV or HDR10 still looks really good, but SDR seems off since the update. Bright SDR scenes look fine, but for some reason areas with dark content or mixed with some dark seems like excessive black crush?
post #53513 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbo14 View Post
This certainly makes a lot of sense and what I was suspecting as well.

If you compare something like The Lego Batman Movie on 4K Blu-Ray to the UHD Vudu stream, the difference is night and day. The 4K Blu-Ray is almost too bright, with most scenes radiating brightness and making you squint if you are in a dark room. As a result, there is certainly a lot of lost detail, especially against the white Lego faces, but everything pops off the screen in a very 3D sort of way.

On the flip side, the UHD stream (which used to look very similar to the 4K Blu-Ray except with a better handle on brightness and color saturation) now looks quite dim, with almost no bright peaks to speak of. It looks comparable to the standard Blu-Ray except with a bit wider of a color gamut. So, details are more visible, but the image ends up looking quite flat and unexciting. Colors are deep, but there is no "pop" from the HDR compared to the 4K Blu-Ray. It really seems like two extreme ends of the HDR spectrum, too dim for the stream and too bright for the disc, but I would still choose the disk any day.

Mad Max: Fury Road on the other hand looks terrible on the DV Vudu Stream. It is way to dark, almost to the point where day scenes look overcast, and there is no color pop at all. The HDX stream looks better to my eyes in spite of it having a narrower color gamut. The 4K disc on the other hand looks fantastic, taking everything up a level compared to the standard blu-ray.

It really seems like Vizio did this intentionally to combat clipping and highlight blowout in DV, but because the display can't get bright enough to combat those and still remain sufficiently bright, DV content just goes darker.
No, they just have the EOTF wonked. The backlights just affect to much, these displays are still gamma based. So if the EOTF and gamma is off everything is off.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
post #53514 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by accohn12 View Post
try using an optical cable between the Vizio and the soundbar....

Bobby 

post #53515 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does Vizio still have someone monitoring this thread or do I need to call regarding the Shield problem?

post #53516 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I’m lost. The shield has never ever been able to do YouTube in hdr . On any display. Chrome cast ultra allows you to, as does a few TVs and I think a few Blu-ray players. Has nothing to do with the display. The display itself can not do hdr YouTube internally, but it can if hooked up to the right source .

I was under the impression that prior to the Vizio 'patch', YouTube HDR wouldn't work on this display via Chromecast or any other device. It now works for Chromecast. I'm speculating that if Nvidia updates the Shield to YouTube HDR, it will also work on the Vizio, and not just somehow be restricted to Chromecast or internal Cast.

post #53517 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 57
OK, my turn for yet another issue with this new firmware.

Whenever I'm watching on another input (say HDMI-1 or -4) and then I try to switch over to SmartCast, my display get stuck at "Starting SmartCast...Please Wait" and the spinning circle. No matter how long you wait, SmartCast never starts. Switching inputs then going back to SmartCast does not work. Although the display appears as a castable device, trying to cast while in the spinning circle mode is futile.

I have to turn off the TV, then turn it back on with it set to start on the SmartCast input, then SmartCast starts right up into the Ad screen (no spinning circle at all).

To my knowledge, this started happening with the newest firmware (3.4.8.5) I'm considering doing a system reset, but any other ideas before I do that?
blatz8 likes this.
post #53518 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
@C0pp3r
YouTube HDR has always worked for the CCU, you couldn't and still can't cast YouTube HDR to the built in chromecast.
As long as you're using an external device, the only thing Vizio has to support is the HDR format and the device is the one that has to do all the "heavy lifting"
mpgxsvcd, shoman94 and C0pp3r like this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #53519 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
support

I bought my p65-c1 at best buy in may of last year.

Last night I watched tv and then today it is restarting every 5 minutes. I messaged earlier and someone mentioned they called support and an update was pushed to the TV and the issue was all but resolved.

I just called support and, being a good end user, redid all the steps I had already taken: changing the power outlet, holding down the power to reset, et al.

Support informed me that there is a physical issue with my TV after these steps and that since I bought it outside of a year, there was nothing else they could do to assist. He offered to provide me with repair services in my area so I could pursue paying out of pocket. . .

There's not much I can do tonight, but please tell me that I'm not about to be a negative review and writing Vizio off entirely.

Edit: I forgot to mention, when I asked about a firmware problem, I was informed there was "no way" firmware would ever affect a restarting device.

Last edited by i3igi3yrd; 10-29-2017 at 05:24 PM.
post #53520 of 63903 Old 10-29-2017, 05:24 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcel101 View Post
Does Vizio still have someone monitoring this thread or do I need to call regarding the Shield problem?

Good luck, the response I received from support was "I've checked with our software people and we've reviewed the pictures. This TV is working as intended. Sometimes when firmware updates occur the default settings for the display change slightly. I'd recommend tinkering around with the picture settings and advanced picture settings until it's exactly how you like it."

Is it something about the Shield that prompts this?

I've seen Shield threads elsewhere with same Rec2020 problems on different manufacturer displays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page