Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2085 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #62521 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
P75-C1 turns itself off randomly

I bought this around March 2016 and haven't made changes to any settings on the display in a LONG time. In fact I haven't changed anything in my system at all except maybe firmware updates to my Apple TV.

I have verified that CEC settings on the display and my Marantz 7702mkii are off (not even ARC).

I did do a soft reset and that didn't help. I know there will be suggestions to do a factory reset but in my experience that won't solve this problem.

Just wondering if anyone else had had this issue. There's no way to make it happen but it happens probably once every 90-120 minutes. Happen whether we're watching TV, Wii or Apple TV.

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62522 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrenduro View Post
I bought this around March 2016 and haven't made changes to any settings on the display in a LONG time. In fact I haven't changed anything in my system at all except maybe firmware updates to my Apple TV.

I have verified that CEC settings on the display and my Marantz 7702mkii are off (not even ARC).

I did do a soft reset and that didn't help. I know there will be suggestions to do a factory reset but in my experience that won't solve this problem.

Just wondering if anyone else had had this issue. There's no way to make it happen but it happens probably once every 90-120 minutes. Happen whether we're watching TV, Wii or Apple TV.
You made no mention of what the issue or problem is. Please tell and elaborate

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
post #62523 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

The title of the posting.

P75-C1 randomly turns itself off

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62524 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The title of the posting.

P75-C1 randomly turns itself off
My friend you merely replied to an existing thread. There is no posting title since you didn't start a new thread.

If you've checked all your devices and disabled cec on them all. I'd recommend reseating all the HDMI cables.

Although you imply you don't want a do this, a factory reset is usually recommended after firmware updates to rule out any bugs left from old firmwares. It would be a good thing to rule out because otherwise my guess would be either a failing Main board or Power supply.

Cheers

post #62525 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
My friend you merely replied to an existing thread. There is no posting title since you didn't start a new thread.

If you've checked all your devices and disabled cec on them all. I'd recommend reseating all the HDMI cables.

Although you imply you don't want a do this, a factory reset is usually recommended after firmware updates to rule out any bugs left from old firmwares. It would be a good thing to rule out because otherwise my guess would be either a failing Main board or Power supply.

Cheers

If you read his first post (#62521) carefully it does have a title in bold letters that states the problem he is having:

blatz8 likes this.
post #62526 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:

Cheers

This is what I see from his post and it definitely has a title that explains what he is asking:

blatz8 likes this.

Bobby 

post #62527 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
This is what I see from his post and it definitely has a title that explains what he is asking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
If you read his first post (#62521) carefully it does have a title in bold letters that states the problem he is having:

Guess I'm blind? Or Tapatalk has a glitch lol

post #62528 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Guess I'm blind? Or Tapatalk has a glitch lol

Crapatalk tends to leave out stuff randomly, to make room for their commercial Ads.
fireman325 and CleCakYngMfd like this.
post #62529 of 64096 Old 09-22-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
Crapatalk tends to leave out stuff randomly, to make room for their commercial Ads.
Ahhh. My bad then guys. We went off topic so back to tryna help the guy lol

post #62530 of 64096 Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:

...it happens probably once every 90-120 minutes. Happen whether we're watching TV, Wii or Apple TV.

Try testing the Display this way: Make sure you're in 'Economy' mode instead of 'Quick Start'. Remove all devices. Factory Reset. Confirm ARC/CEC are Off.

Watch the Display this way for a while and see if it still turns itself Off. If it does, it's probably a failing capacitor. Maybe in the Power Supply. Have there been any unusual changes how the Indicator Light and/or the Vizio onscreen logo behaves in the way it powers-up and/or takes longer to power-up?

- Pj
blatz8 likes this.
post #62531 of 64096 Old 09-23-2018, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Try testing the Display this way: Make sure you're in 'Economy' mode instead of 'Quick Start'. Remove all devices. Factory Reset. Confirm ARC/CEC are Off.

Watch the Display this way for a while and see if it still turns itself Off. If it does, it's probably a failing capacitor. Maybe in the Power Supply. Have there been any unusual changes how the Indicator Light and/or the Vizio onscreen logo behaves in the way it powers-up and/or takes longer to power-up?

- Pj

Interesting idea. I have had a few times where the display won’t turn on with my universal remote sequence. I have to pull out the original remote to power it on and when I do that it does this thing where it turns off and then on. Hard to describe but just different than normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
post #62532 of 64096 Old 09-23-2018, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Very true, as I've almost reached my 1000GB cap on Comcast twice this summer including this month.

Consider switching to Business Class. No data caps. Dedicated bandwidth. I had Comcast Business for the better part of 10 years until I moved earlier this year. Now I'm on Spectrum Business (Charter) with no contract or data cap.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #62533 of 64096 Old 09-23-2018, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
Consider switching to Business Class. No data caps. Dedicated bandwidth. I had Comcast Business for the better part of 10 years until I moved earlier this year. Now I'm on Spectrum Business (Charter) with no contract or data cap.
Thanks, I may check into this?

lujan
558 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
post #62534 of 64096 Old 09-24-2018, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
From my understanding Atmos will only work over arc if:
1) The tv has built in Dolby Atmos decoding and outputs DD+ with Atmos metadata (converting from lossless source to lossy DD+)
2) The Source Format is DD+ with Atmos metadata and the soundbar/receiver can handshake + decode with metadata.

In most cases you need to connect the Atmos source directly to the soundbar via HDMI.

This is why I'm holding off from buying Atmos soundbars until HDMI 2.1 and eARC go mainstream.

I was able to spend some more time with this over the weekend, and confirmed the following:

- Under no circumstance was I able to get Atmos to work "from" the TV, lossy or otherwise. After reset of TV and soundbar, different cables and sources, under no circumstances will it output Atmos from the ARC port. It looks like it tries (the green light pops on for a second, sometimes there is stuttery sound, then it is silent again.)
- If I change the settings on the TV to PCM, audio works over ARC but no Atmos. This makes me thing the ARC port isn't defective, which I initially considered.
- As mentioned before, the Chromecast Ultra and Xbox One X, connected to the HDMI In in the soundbar, then from HDMI OUT ARC on soundbar to back of TV will output HDR (including DV for Chromecast) and Atmos to the speaker. But as their is only one port, they can't both be hooked up. I watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom through the Chromecast and it looked and sounded incredible, with the display indicating DV was active and the SmartCast app indicating the soundbar was running Atmos. The fact this worked without incident makes me feel like there is nothing "wrong" with the soundbar.

My guess would be that there is some sort of... software issue (if that is right way to say it) with the HDMI ARC on the TV passing through Atmos to the soundbar, maybe just to this soundbar since others indicated it worked for them.

The big question for me now is if anyone with this soundbar has it working since that would indicate that there is something wrong my setup.
post #62535 of 64096 Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hitchcock View Post
I was able to spend some more time with this over the weekend, and confirmed the following:

- Under no circumstance was I able to get Atmos to work "from" the TV, lossy or otherwise. After reset of TV and soundbar, different cables and sources, under no circumstances will it output Atmos from the ARC port. It looks like it tries (the green light pops on for a second, sometimes there is stuttery sound, then it is silent again.)
- If I change the settings on the TV to PCM, audio works over ARC but no Atmos. This makes me thing the ARC port isn't defective, which I initially considered.
- As mentioned before, the Chromecast Ultra and Xbox One X, connected to the HDMI In in the soundbar, then from HDMI OUT ARC on soundbar to back of TV will output HDR (including DV for Chromecast) and Atmos to the speaker. But as their is only one port, they can't both be hooked up. I watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom through the Chromecast and it looked and sounded incredible, with the display indicating DV was active and the SmartCast app indicating the soundbar was running Atmos. The fact this worked without incident makes me feel like there is nothing "wrong" with the soundbar.

My guess would be that there is some sort of... software issue (if that is right way to say it) with the HDMI ARC on the TV passing through Atmos to the soundbar, maybe just to this soundbar since others indicated it worked for them.

The big question for me now is if anyone with this soundbar has it working since that would indicate that there is something wrong my setup.
Just saw this - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/195-s...os-update.html - so nevermind! Looks like it will be fixed soon enough! Yay!
a61688 likes this.
post #62536 of 64096 Old 09-24-2018, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
No audio on Vizio P65-C1 from 1byOne ATSC tuner

I'm hoping to get some feedback on whether my issue seems like a Vizio problem or a 1byOne ATSC tuner problem. Based on timing, I think my problems started with one of the last 2 or 3 Vizio firmware updates.

I bought the 1byOne ATSC tuner from Amazon back in January, mostly because my Mediasonic Homeworx ATSC DVR was giving me hassle where it wouldn't play nice with my Xbox One X and PS4 (had to shut down the TV and back on if I switched between devices, else had blinking video or subpar video). The 1byOne worked well for a few months (even after getting a firmware update to v1.1.2), then when the primetime shows went away for the summer, I really had no use for it. Seems like somewhere between May and August, I no longer get sound (video still works fine).

I tried so many things the past few days trying to get sound on the Vizio - changing the 1byOne to use PCM vs Bitstream, adjusting the volume on the 1byOne, tried connecting it to each of the 5 Vizio inputs over 2 different HDMI cables (that were known working for other devices). I verified the same cables produce sound to a small 32" Toshiba TV, so I know the 1byOne box is at least outputting sound.

I already reached out to 1byOne and had them send the most recent firmware, v1.1.3 (from April 2018), and while it updated fine, I still don't get sound on the Vizio.

I suspect either the 1byOne is not outputting the same standard audio that the Vizio expects to see, therefore ignoring the audio completely. Or possibly, one of the Vizio firmware updates causes the TV to no longer recognize the audio from the 1byOne tuner.

Anyone else have the 1byOne and a Vizio P-series to confirm working settings? Have you had any odd effects over the past few Vizio firmware releases? Any other suggestions I should try? I will reach out to 1byOne to explain the problem there to see if they have any ideas for me to try.

Thanks,

Mike
post #62537 of 64096 Old 09-24-2018, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
I got some information on the Comcast Business and it would cost $40.00 more pre month and the speed would go from 250Mbps to 75Mbps. Since I don't reach the caps every month (mostly in the summer), I decided to keep the one I have but thanks for the recommendation.
a61688 likes this.

lujan
558 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
post #62538 of 64096 Old 09-24-2018, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hitchcock View Post

HDMI ARC has always been unreliable ever since it's inception with HDMI Ver1.4, just because you got it to work once does not mean it will work the next day or ever again with any type of equipment.
Ph8te likes this.
post #62539 of 64096 Old 09-24-2018, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtownska View Post

My issue seems like a Vizio problem or a 1byOne ATSC tuner problem...

Did you check the Vizio Audio settings in combo with the tuner settings? Did you reset the tuner and start over setting it up? Does the Vizio remote cause the volume to go down or mute with the tuner? Does the tuner's remote change something with the Vizio? This can happen. I have interference problems with my Channel Master Tuner and my P50-C1.

- Pj
post #62540 of 64096 Old 09-25-2018, 07:15 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
P65 E-1
I just noticed this> On a full white screen back ground is all white. I am getting flickering on screen. [ maybe call ?blooming?
It is a white flicker on a white back ground. Does anyone know what this is?
On a normal screen shot< with colors >. I don't see any issues and PQ is excellent. Self calibrated and use some forum members setting as well. - Game/noise are >OFF
post #62541 of 64096 Old 09-25-2018, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post

P65 E-1. I just noticed this: On a full white screen back ground is all white. I am getting flickering on screen...

Is Clear Action On?

- Pj
post #62542 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Is Clear Action On?

- Pj
No- Clear Action is - OFF
post #62543 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
The software on this TV is so glitchy. I wish I could go back to FW 2.2.7.4.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
zer0cool2007 likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #62544 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
The software on this TV is so glitchy. I wish I could go back to FW 2.2.7.4.

What specifically is "glitchy" as this one has been the most stable for me?

lujan
558 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD

Last edited by lujan; 09-26-2018 at 09:48 PM.
post #62545 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
What specifically is "glitchy" as this one has been the most stable one for me?
Bottom half of the screen being glitchy at times.... Self muting and then rebooting at times, tonight switched inputs and it locked with the info bar stuck down for 30 seconds and then rebooted.......
Backlights pulsing is annoying too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #62546 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 04:56 PM

For starters when pressing the smartcast button it defaults to the support page rather than the home screen. This is an issue with the models sold in Canada as I have the problem with both the P50-C1 and P55-C1. CEC control for my PS4 and switch on the p55-c1 also broke after the last update (although it's usually a hit or miss with devices). I'd even be okay with the 4.0.2.3 update since most things worked fine then lol
Quote:
post #62547 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
For starters when pressing the smartcast button it defaults to the support page rather than the home screen. This is an issue with the models sold in Canada as I have the problem with both the P50-C1 and P55-C1. CEC control for my PS4 and switch on the p55-c1 also broke after the last update (although it's usually a hit or miss with devices). I'd even be okay with the 4.0.2.3 update since most things worked fine then lol

My P75 was bought from Costco in Canada in August of 2016, when pressing the Smartcast button it always goes to the Smartcast home screen, it has never ever gone to the support page.

CEC and HDMI ARC has always been unreliable on all equipment, every time you attempt to use either it is a coin toss if it is going to work, both always will be until the newer version eARC comes out with HDMI 2.1 but that will not help any current equipment.
post #62548 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1727 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:
I agree with you, on my P65-C1 the latest firmware has been very stable and the picture once calibrated is outstanding. IMHO. Maybe @shoman94 is experiencing hardware problems
a61688 and Oldways7 like this.

Last edited by naustin; 09-26-2018 at 11:43 PM.
post #62549 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 849
In the last few days, on my P75-C1, I have had a screen freeze and then a window blinds issue. I hadn’t done a reset to factory since the last download so I did one. All is good so far...

Bobby 

post #62550 of 64096 Old 09-26-2018, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Bottom half of the screen being glitchy at times.... Self muting and then rebooting at times, tonight switched inputs and it locked with the info bar stuck down for 30 seconds and then rebooted.......
Backlights pulsing is annoying too.

Sorry to hear.

lujan
558 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page