Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2086 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288474Likes

post #62551 of 63942 Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Turn on the tv using the smartcast button. The first time it will go to the support page but after that it goes to the home screen. I had the entire main board replaced on the p55 with a fresh install of 4.1.2.3 update so I know it's a software issue.

The PS4 issue is weird cuz it works fine on the p50 but not p55. Probs something interfering lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
My P75 was bought from Costco in Canada in August of 2016, when pressing the Smartcast button it always goes to the Smartcast home screen, it has never ever gone to the support page.

CEC and HDMI ARC has always been unreliable on all equipment, every time you attempt to use either it is a coin toss if it is going to work, both always will be until the newer version eARC comes out with HDMI 2.1 but that will not help any current equipment.
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
blatz8 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62552 of 63942 Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5049 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I agree with you, on my P65-C1 the latest firmware has been very stable and the picture once calibrated is outstanding. IMHO. Maybe @shoman94 is experiencing hardware problems
I don't think it's hardware related. Some started with the last one or two firmware. The rest have been since firmware 3.x.x.x.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+

Last edited by shoman94; 09-27-2018 at 02:27 PM.
post #62553 of 63942 Old 09-27-2018, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Today I got my Vizio PQ and I was not lucky to have a perfect panel since I have a yellow spot on the bottom of the panel which I discovered by doing the flat test pattern I massage the panel and decreased a bit but at this time I think I will live with the stain lol. I play a couple of tv shows and movies in Dolby Vision and comparing this tv with my Vizio P 2016 I have to admit that I am a little disappointed I read that several people said it was night and day the difference and for me in particular it was not the case the Vizio Quantum there is no doubt that it has more high peak brightness, but outside of that I did not see much difference the colors look better in the Vizio PQ but not by much and I did this test with the 2 televisions side by side in calibrated mode. The main reason for my purchase was because the Vizio P 2016 had horrible input lag in HDR I did a test with my favorite game Destiny 2 and everything was perfect. In the input lag I have to admit that is night and day. But for those who have the Vizio P 2016 and you are happy with your TV it is not worth the upgrade for the Quantum the picture quality is not very different.
naustin and blatz8 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62554 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg2006 View Post
Today I got my Vizio PQ and I was not lucky to have a perfect panel since I have a yellow spot on the bottom of the panel which I discovered by doing the flat test pattern I massage the panel and decreased a bit but at this time I think I will live with the stain lol. I play a couple of tv shows and movies in Dolby Vision and comparing this tv with my Vizio P 2016 I have to admit that I am a little disappointed I read that several people said it was night and day the difference and for me in particular it was not the case the Vizio Quantum there is no doubt that it has more high peak brightness, but outside of that I did not see much difference the colors look better in the Vizio PQ but not by much and I did this test with the 2 televisions side by side in calibrated mode. The main reason for my purchase was because the Vizio P 2016 had horrible input lag in HDR I did a test with my favorite game Destiny 2 and everything was perfect. In the input lag I have to admit that is night and day. But for those who have the Vizio P 2016 and you are happy with your TV it is not worth the upgrade for the Quantum the picture quality is not very different.

That’s a bummer i was thinking of upgrading but might not be worth it then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vizio P65-E1 // Sony XBR49X900E
Sony Ht-ST5000 // RCA RTS7015B
Chromcast Ultra // Apple TV 4K
PS4 PRO
post #62555 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by leojj25 View Post

It's worth the upgrade. I have the P 2016 and set it up side by side with my P Quantum and the Quantum is insanely better. There were many things that I didn't realize were missing from the Vizio P like the screen clarity. When I watch on the PQ it's like looking thru a window into that world, not so with the 2016 P. The colors pop more and the hdr highlights are a ton brighter. All of those upgrades I noticed right away.

I watched Infinity War, Mad Max, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on the first day I used the PQ. Even watching Suicide Squad had me wowed. Suicide Squad didn't get good reviews for the uhd and at the time, 4k tv's didn't have that high of nits. When I watched Suicide Squad on the PQ it made me think that it needed to be re-reviewed. It looked that amazing!

Bottom line is that the PQ is a huge upgrade over the P 2016 and if you have an HDMI splitter and buy from a place that will let you return the tv, then you should give it a try and see if you like it. The differences were noticed right away for me and it boggles my mind how anyone would not think that it's not worth the upgrade. You can also compare the specs here on rtings.com and those alone show in many areas how the PQ is way better than the P 2016.
leojj25 likes this.
post #62556 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4370 Post(s)
Liked: 2448
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsertedsun View Post
It's worth the upgrade. I have the P 2016 and set it up side by side with my P Quantum and the Quantum is insanely better. There were many things that I didn't realize were missing from the Vizio P like the screen clarity. When I watch on the PQ it's like looking thru a window into that world, not so with the 2016 P. The colors pop more and the hdr highlights are a ton brighter. All of those upgrades I noticed right away.

I watched Infinity War, Mad Max, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on the first day I used the PQ. Even watching Suicide Squad had me wowed. Suicide Squad didn't get good reviews for the uhd and at the time, 4k tv's didn't have that high of nits. When I watched Suicide Squad on the PQ it made me think that it needed to be re-reviewed. It looked that amazing!

Bottom line is that the PQ is a huge upgrade over the P 2016 and if you have an HDMI splitter and buy from a place that will let you return the tv, then you should give it a try and see if you like it. The differences were noticed right away for me and it boggles my mind how anyone would not think that it's not worth the upgrade. You can also compare the specs here on rtings.com and those alone show in many areas how the PQ is way better than the P 2016.
I have the 2017 75" "P" series and the two most important comparisons don't seem to be much of a difference:

Movies 8.5 and 8.6

HDR Movies 8.4 and 8.7

Plus the Quantum isn't available in the 75" screen size.
blatz8 likes this.

lujan
516 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #62557 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I have the 2017 75" "P" series and the two most important comparisons don't seem to be much of a difference:

Movies 8.5 and 8.6

HDR Movies 8.4 and 8.7

Plus the Quantum isn't available in the 75" screen size.
You are just looking at a numbered score and not looking at what is important for movie viewing for hdr like hdr peak brightness which the 2107 P real scene peak brightness is 442 cd/m vs the PQ's 1368 cd/m². The PQ demolishes the 2017 P in all of the windows of peak brightness especially in the smaller ones. The PQ has a wider color gamit in DCI P3 and Rec 2020. The PQ has a higher contrast, more dimming zones, etc(the list goes on). The Quantum isn't available in 75" so why would you be looking at the PQ if you want to upgrade to a 75"?
post #62558 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are just looking at a numbered score and not looking at what is important for movie viewing for hdr like hdr peak brightness which the 2107 P real scene peak brightness is 442 cd/m vs the PQ's 1368 cd/m². The PQ demolishes the 2017 P in all of the windows of peak brightness especially in the smaller ones. The PQ has a wider color gamit in DCI P3 and Rec 2020. The PQ has a higher contrast, more dimming zones, etc(the list goes on). The Quantum isn't available in 75" so why would you be looking at the PQ if you want to upgrade to a 75"?
Maybe 2019 or 2020 will have a 75" Quantum? I just want to know what's out there, I don't have to be seriously considering buying one now...
blatz8 likes this.

lujan
516 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD

Last edited by lujan; 09-28-2018 at 11:43 AM.
post #62559 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
I'd have likely upgraded if they'd have offered a 75" PQ. I was watching a black-and-white documentary last week and the yellow band / gray non-uniformity that I'd completely forgotten about sure reared its ugly head.
post #62560 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Maybe 2019 or 2020 will have a 75" Quantum? I just want to know what's out there, I don't have to be seriously considering buying one now...
Vizio said they would see how the 65" would sell first so they alluded to different sizes in the future. I think them focuses on 1 size made all the difference in how well the tv was made. Hopefully the quality translates over to a bigger size.
post #62561 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Vizio said they would see how the 65" would sell first so they alluded to different sizes in the future. I think them focuses on 1 size made all the difference in how well the tv was made. Hopefully the quality translates over to a bigger size.
As I remember, the Vizio rep said that a 75" would be cost prohibitive. The suggestion that "they would see how the 65" would sell first" was speculation on the part of forum members.
post #62562 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you there is more screen clarity and windows,car ligth etc look a much better in PQ but side by side with P 2016 I don't fell is nigth and day.There were even some moments where P 2016 looked better than the PQ but in general it is better TV than the P 2016
blatz8 likes this.
post #62563 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg2006 View Post

Don't get me wrong is a improvement in the hdr and input lag department. I think Vizio backtrack with update of extreme black engine pro (low, medium, high) to 16-17 because the gap between old and new tv will be very little lol.
post #62564 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken McPherson View Post
As I remember, the Vizio rep said that a 75" would be cost prohibitive. The suggestion that "they would see how the 65" would sell first" was speculation on the part of forum members.
I wonder what "cost prohibitive" means? Would it cost to make as much as an OLED? If so, we might as well buy an OLED then....

lujan
516 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #62565 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
I wonder what "cost prohibitive" means? Would it cost to make as much as an OLED? If so, we might as well buy an OLED then....
Exactly.
post #62566 of 63942 Old 09-28-2018, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
I had some strange, slower connect speed recently on my wired computer and all other wireless devices, including poor SmartCast performance/speed (missing NetFlix tiles - and others slow to load). The following procedure corrected my ISP speed and performance.

The following is for separate Modems and Routers:

• Unplug both the Modem and Router.
  • Wait at least 30 Seconds.
  • Plug-in Modem in first.
  • Wait at least 60 Seconds.
  • Plug-in Router.
  • Wait at least 2 minutes.

Finally, it's possible one or more of your devices needs to
be ReBooted to recover access or expected performance.

Full details in this article from www.LifeWire.com:

Spoiler!
leojj25 likes this.
post #62567 of 63942 Old 09-30-2018, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatz8 View Post
I have the same issue occasionally with my P65-C1 when using my PS4 Pro. Usually a soft reset via the Vizio Menu fixes it for me. Have you tried that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu4000 View Post
I had the same issue myself with shield ps4 etc.... only with 4k did a soft reset fixed it it comes back ever so often so far it's been 2 resets.
I started getting the flicker again this evening. The soft power cycle did fix the issue, for now at least. Thanks again.
blatz8 likes this.

Steve

post #62568 of 63942 Old 10-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sadly, I was watching my P75-C1 with my wife and there was a loud pop followed by a couple sparks from the right side of the tv (when facing it). We unplugged the unit and are letting it sit overnight. I’m assuming a capacitor on the power board went. Does anyone have any advice on replacing the boards/working on this tv? I imagine it’s not too hard if I can get replacement parts. Do you recommend I contact Vizio for a repair? I’m sure it’s out of warranty and will be quite expensive. Thanks for any help.
post #62569 of 63942 Old 10-02-2018, 01:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5049 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlore View Post
Sadly, I was watching my P75-C1 with my wife and there was a loud pop followed by a couple sparks from the right side of the tv (when facing it). We unplugged the unit and are letting it sit overnight. I’m assuming a capacitor on the power board went. Does anyone have any advice on replacing the boards/working on this tv? I imagine it’s not too hard if I can get replacement parts. Do you recommend I contact Vizio for a repair? I’m sure it’s out of warranty and will be quite expensive. Thanks for any help.
They don't do repairs unless it's within warranty. You'd have to call a TV repair business or do it yourself.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #62570 of 63942 Old 10-02-2018, 02:59 AM

Thankfully the Pxx-C1's have a 2 year warranty, at least ones bought in Canada do. I imagine the US would have the same?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
They don't do repairs unless it's within warranty. You'd have to call a TV repair business or do it yourself.

post #62571 of 63942 Old 10-02-2018, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Thankfully the Pxx-C1's have a 2 year warranty, at least ones bought in Canada do. I imagine the US would have the same?

Vizio P series displays have a 2 year warranty in Canada because they are only sold by Costco, it is an arrangement that Costco has with Vizio.

In the US P series displays are sold by multiple vendors so they only offer a 1 year warranty (except for Costco), unless you buy an extended warranty at the time of purchase.
post #62572 of 63942 Old 10-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post

Thanks for the info. I didn't know they wouldn't perform an out of service repair. I'll open it up tonight. I'm hoping it's just the power board and will be easy and cheap fix. Are there any nuances to taking off the back panel? I had a panasonic plasma where if the back wasn't perfectly seated, the screen would develop micro fractures so it makes me overly cautious.
post #62573 of 63942 Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I didn't know they wouldn't perform an out of service repair. I'll open it up tonight. I'm hoping it's just the power board and will be easy and cheap fix. Are there any nuances to taking off the back panel? I had a panasonic plasma where if the back wasn't perfectly seated, the screen would develop micro fractures so it makes me overly cautious.
FWIW- I purchased a 65-C1[2017]> it had issues so they sent me a P65-E1 (2/18). With in the year i had issues. Call V CS and stated my issues.
They said, we will send out a repair team. They came out- remover the back [i'm a non-tech] . however, it look quite simple. To remove the back. They replaced the - mother board-. { our thoughts-- the original Board didn't look like it was installed correctly- something to do with a ?"board isolation pads?'}. . Works fine.
My point here is I have a 4yr warranty - 2yr VIZIO> 3rdYr Costco> 4th yr Costo Citi CC> good to go ?2019/2020.
db

Last edited by DAB; 10-03-2018 at 08:13 AM.
post #62574 of 63942 Old 10-02-2018, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
Vizio P series displays have a 2 year warranty in Canada because they are only sold by Costco, it is an arrangement that Costco has with Vizio.

In the US P series displays are sold by multiple vendors so they only offer a 1 year warranty (except for Costco), unless you buy an extended warranty at the time of purchase.
Also don't forget that if you used a credit card, they usually double the warranty to 2yrs.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #62575 of 63942 Old 10-03-2018, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is this arc that causes this problem are something to do with vizio tv's but i have harmony remote and when i turn on say xbox or ps4 any hdmi input period sometimes it catch the signal other times it won't so i have to scroll through the settings on sound bar then it catch the signal. I thought maybe it could be hdmi handshake but these are all new cables try the old ones and new ones no different it's very flaky when it's going catch signal.
post #62576 of 63942 Old 10-03-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu4000 View Post
Is this arc that causes this problem are something to do with vizio tv's but i have harmony remote and when i turn on say xbox or ps4 any hdmi input period sometimes it catch the signal other times it won't so i have to scroll through the settings on sound bar then it catch the signal. I thought maybe it could be hdmi handshake but these are all new cables try the old ones and new ones no different it's very flaky when it's going catch signal.
CEC control should always be disabled when using Harmony. Try setting it to ARC only, if not just disabled speakers and then off cec control

post #62577 of 63942 Old 10-03-2018, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
CEC control should always be disabled when using Harmony. Try setting it to ARC only, if not just disabled speakers and then off cec control

Tv settings shows arc only so i'm not sure what could cause this issues.
post #62578 of 63942 Old 10-04-2018, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi peeps, long time no visit this thread. I just pre-ordered a PS4 Pro and have a question (for those that have tried both):
Do you prefer connecting a PS4 pro to a 4k or the 1080p/60 connection on the Vizio p-65?
post #62579 of 63942 Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharp View Post
Hi peeps, long time no visit this thread. I just pre-ordered a PS4 Pro and have a question (for those that have tried both):
Do you prefer connecting a PS4 pro to a 4k or the 1080p/60 connection on the Vizio p-65?
4k all the way. Use that console's performance to get the best visuals you can.
razrsharp likes this.
post #62580 of 63942 Old 10-04-2018, 01:17 PM

4K HDR all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharp View Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page