Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288474Likes

post #63091 of 63943 Old 11-28-2018, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post
Related question: Have you received the firmware update yet, Schatzy? Seems like many of us who did are having this issue.

While we're at it, did anyone else get the firmware update who IS still able to connect the tablet correctly?
Yah I got it weeks ago. Still trying to sell the TV, but no luck yet. Most of the people posting about tablet connection issues have been for a long time. Well before the latest firmware. A few people I recommended factory resetting the router worked. I have had a few other devices stop working on my wifi. Nothing I did to the device fixed the connection, but after factory resetting the router it was smooth sailing. Not saying it is a guarantee, but one of the last options available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #63092 of 63943 Old 11-28-2018, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Factory reset to see if that clears it up

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
Already tried, no effect.

Can anybody check whether their clear action mode eliminates image blurring/doubling in moving images with an HDMI 60Hz signal, *simultanneously on the top and the bottom of the screen", with the current firmware?
post #63093 of 63943 Old 11-28-2018, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:

...Did anyone else get the firmware update who IS still able to connect the tablet correctly?

I have the 5.0.14.1 'FirmWear' DateUp. I use my Tabby daily, be it with the P50-C1 or just with the other some 90-odd Apps I have on it.

I've had fussy procedures in the past on getting either the Display and/or the Tablet to connect after a 'Fractal WeSet'. I just try different things and eventually get them connected.

Did you try to manually 'Forget' or delete the Network Connection and start from scratch that way?

I'll be doing a 'Fractured Upset' any day now.

- Pj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #63094 of 63943 Old 11-28-2018, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
I have the 5.0.14.1 'FirmWear' DateUp. I use my Tabby daily, be it with the P50-C1 or just with the other some 90-odd Apps I have on it.

I've had fussy procedures in the past on getting either the Display and/or the Tablet to connect after a 'Fractal WeSet'. I just try different things and eventually get them connected.

Did you try to manually 'Forget' or delete the Network Connection and start from scratch that way?

I'll be doing a 'Fractured Upset' any day now.

- Pj
Yup. Forgot the network, started from scratch. Deleted the Vizio app and reinstalled. I ran through basically everything I could think of, factory resets included. It just doesn't see the device on the network as anything other than a Google Home device.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #63095 of 63943 Old 11-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Yah I got it weeks ago. Still trying to sell the TV, but no luck yet. Most of the people posting about tablet connection issues have been for a long time. Well before the latest firmware. A few people I recommended factory resetting the router worked. I have had a few other devices stop working on my wifi. Nothing I did to the device fixed the connection, but after factory resetting the router it was smooth sailing. Not saying it is a guarantee, but one of the last options available.

Same boat in selling no luck. It’s a nice set but want the upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vizio P65-E1 // Sony XBR49X900E
Sony Ht-ST5000 // RCA RTS7015B
Chromcast Ultra // Apple TV 4K
PS4 PRO
post #63096 of 63943 Old 11-28-2018, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Related question: Have you received the firmware update yet, Schatzy? Seems like many of us who did are having this issue.

While we're at it, did anyone else get the firmware update who IS still able to connect the tablet correctly?

I have the update and no issues with router or wifi

PS4 PRO
post #63097 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello,

I've owned a P65-C1 for 2 years. Up until two weeks ago, I have not had any issues. Starting two weeks ago, I've noticed some video files, seemingly isolated to MKV, will start with a flicker of the video followed by scenes where there's blockiness and/or pixelation from frame to frame (I'm not really sure the right way to describe it).

I've noticed this via Plex casting but I tested and can see the same issue with the built-in Plex app.

I've tried playing the same video file at the same quality setting (original) on two computers, two mobile Android phones and another TV running the Android TV Plex app... all played the video fine with no issues. I also tried changing the container from MKV to MP4 (and leaving encoding of A/V as-is) then playing the file via USB and it seemed to work fine.

I've recorded the issue and it's very clear to see but I can't seem to share links here due to post count. Two screenshots are attached.

Any help about who to speak with or how to resolve this would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	issue1.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	942.6 KB
ID:	2489004   Click image for larger version

Name:	issue2.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2489006  
post #63098 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
If you mean by "correctly" having it connect by positioning the tablet next to the TV's lower right corner when prompted, in my case, no. As I mentioned previously, I needed to utilize the remote (I use the one with the querty keyboard on the back) to get the TV up and running which includes re-establishing a wifi connection and then was able to easily get the tablet to recognize the TV.

EDIT, I forgot to include that yes, I did receive the latest FW update and yes, I did perform a factory reset. Everything went smooth.
post #63099 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Google home/assistant has been able to do this for over a year now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a61688 View Post
Been able to for months now.

Google Assistant is the component of Google Home and your Android/iOS(needs app) phone that you talk to when you say "Hey Google" or "Ok Google".
Small nit pick here, but maybe you guys can confirm.. When I tell google home to "turn on tv" it's takes about 10 sec for the tv power light to turn on.... When I say "turn tv off" it instantly turns off in 1 second. With tv off, if I say "Play youtube video of Peru", the tv turns on asap in 1 second...

The delay is only when tv if off, and you just ask to "turn on tv" and it takes 10 seconds for it to register before the tv power light turns on (I can also see the google home making different light patterns on the top of the unit)

I reset the tv and the google home, pain in the ass!!!! And still the 10 sec delay when just doing "turn on tv" Can you guys verify? It can't just be me... It's just funny how the youtube command, which is way more involved, turns on the tv asap 1 second after.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #63100 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
Small nit pick here, but maybe you guys can confirm.. When I tell google home to "turn on tv" it's takes about 10 sec for the tv power light to turn on.... When I say "turn tv off" it instantly turns off in 1 second. With tv off, if I say "Play youtube video of Peru", the tv turns on asap in 1 second...

The delay is only when tv if off, and you just ask to "turn on tv" and it takes 10 seconds for it to register before the tv power light turns on (I can also see the google home making different light patterns on the top of the unit)

I reset the tv and the google home, pain in the ass!!!! And still the 10 sec delay when just doing "turn on tv" Can you guys verify? It can't just be me... It's just funny how the youtube command, which is way more involved, turns on the tv asap 1 second after.
I'll test your scenario when I get home.
post #63101 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Video of test: https://photos_app_goo_gl/Cc7iteJpXvpFFtyj6

(Underscores are dots. Wouldn't let me post otherwise)
post #63102 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Video of test: https://photos_app_goo_gl/Cc7iteJpXvpFFtyj6

(Underscores are dots. Wouldn't let me post otherwise)
i pasted it the - goo gl and got the video to play. Yep, it's delayed like mine when just doing tv on command. Strange right????

I posed the issue here... Maybe you can reply to this too:

https://support.google.com/googlehom...d/652870?hl=en

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller

Last edited by Jasonn B; 11-29-2018 at 04:27 PM.
post #63103 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
i pasted it the - goo gl and got the video to play. Yep, it's delayed like mine when just doing tv on command. Strange right????
It is kind of odd. The time to turn on the display is almost identical (unexpected) and the load times for the smartcast page and the content are different (expected). I'm surprised there is a small difference in turning it on. Never noticed until you brought it up.
post #63104 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is kind of odd. The time to turn on the display is almost identical (unexpected) and the load times for the smartcast page and the content are different (expected). I'm surprised there is a small difference in turning it on. Never noticed until you brought it up.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #63105 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure the issue is with Google Home. I would be more inclined to believe that there's an issue with the start up processes of the display slowing the regular wake up versus skipping all that when presented with casted media.

At the end of the day, I expect Vizio to point at Google and Google to point at Vizio.
post #63106 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 98
To my fellow P55-C1 owners on the 5.0.14.1 update.

Did anyone find a fix for the overly warm colors on the "normal" color temperature?

Factory reset fixed it on my p50-c1 but not the p55.

I'm currently using "computer" color temps but they're still a bit on the cool side.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
post #63107 of 63943 Old 11-29-2018, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
On my Xbox one x Dolby vision is not selectable because the version of Dolby vision is old.

Can this be fixed with a software update? Did Dolby change their specs requirements for Dolby vision?
post #63108 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgr View Post
Hello,

I've owned a P65-C1 for 2 years. Up until two weeks ago, I have not had any issues. Starting two weeks ago, I've noticed some video files, seemingly isolated to MKV, will start with a flicker of the video followed by scenes where there's blockiness and/or pixelation from frame to frame (I'm not really sure the right way to describe it).

I've noticed this via Plex casting but I tested and can see the same issue with the built-in Plex app.

I've tried playing the same video file at the same quality setting (original) on two computers, two mobile Android phones and another TV running the Android TV Plex app... all played the video fine with no issues. I also tried changing the container from MKV to MP4 (and leaving encoding of A/V as-is) then playing the file via USB and it seemed to work fine.

I've recorded the issue and it's very clear to see but I can't seem to share links here due to post count. Two screenshots are attached.

Any help about who to speak with or how to resolve this would be much appreciated!

I have the same issue with my C1... Noticed it after the firmware update. Done a factory reset and still have the same issue
post #63109 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpsv View Post
I have the same issue with my C1... Noticed it after the firmware update. Done a factory reset and still have the same issue
I did a bit more digging and on the /r/VIZIO_Official sub-reddit, there were at least 4 or 5 others who had mentioned the same issues after the firmware update. The Vizio support reddit user said they were "looking into it" 7 days ago and, again, yesterday confirming they were still looking into it.

Hopefully it's something they can identify and fix soon...
mrpsv likes this.
post #63110 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Well, my tablet issue seems to have worked itself out. We lost internet service last night and when it came back up... tada! My P50-C1 shows up in the app and connects, and no longer shows up as a Google Home device.

The weird thing is that I had already done a fresh reset of the modem/router twice with no luck. Not gonna' question why it's working, but I'm glad it is.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #63111 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2659 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Well, my tablet issue seems to have worked itself out. We lost internet service last night and when it came back up... tada! My P50-C1 shows up in the app and connects, and no longer shows up as a Google Home device.

The weird thing is that I had already done a fresh reset of the modem/router twice with no luck. Not gonna' question why it's working, but I'm glad it is.
The router may have factory reset itself. This is something I have suggested to many people to fix the issue. Only a few people have done so.
post #63112 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
The router may have factory reset itself. This is something I have suggested to many people to fix the issue. Only a few people have done so.
I sure hope not. Those should never factory reset unless told to.
post #63113 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpsv View Post
Since the firmware update my sync is all screwed up in Guitar Hero Live.
Struggled to hit a note properly.
Had to turn on Game Mode and now it plays like it did before the update.
post #63114 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
That's probably it. Sometimes the ISP is doing some updates and boom-you've got a whole new DNS on your router. Happened to me, cleared my Xbox live problem right up.
EscapeVelocity likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #63115 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Am I the only one that likes the aesthetics of the 2016/2017 Vizio P series better than the 2018? All the reviewers seem to be gushing over the 2018 P Series styling.

Epson 8350 / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Samsung 51F8500 / Panasonic P50ST60 / Vizio P502ui-B1E / Sony 50W700B
Sony S790 / Panasonic BDT-220 / Roku 2 XS & Roku 2
Sony NT5 / Samsung F550 / Speakercraft CS3 / Yamaha YAS-105
post #63116 of 63943 Old 11-30-2018, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My Hand-Crafted, Eye-Adjusted Color Tuner Re-Adjustments for my P50-C1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post

To my fellow P55-C1 owners on the 5.0.14.1 update.

Did anyone find a fix for the overly warm colors on the "normal" color temperature? Factory reset fixed it on my p50-c1 but not the p55. I'm currently using "computer" color temps but they're still a bit on the cool side.

If you want to try my Hand-Crafted, Eye-Adjusted Color Tuner Re-Adjustments for my P50-C1 to see if it looks ok for your P55, here's what I did - and this is without a Factory Reset just yet with Firmware 5.0.14.1:

• Select HDMI Input 1, 2, 3, or 4 (doesn't work on 5).
  • Have your Picture Mode selected with the 'Normal' Color Temperature.
  • Go to Color Calibration.
  • Go to Calibration Tests.
  • Choose Ramp Test Pattern - White.
  • Click Back Arrow Once.
  • Select Color Tuner.
  • Select Color Tuner Again.
  • Select Gain.

Gain-Only Adjusting:

For the Normal Color Temperature:

Color Tuner, Gain:

R -10
G -15
B +37

When done. Go back and turn-Off Ramp Test Pattern.

Repeat Above Instructions For the Computer Color Temperature:

Color Tuner, Gain:

R ____0
G ____0
B __-44

When done. Go back and turn-Off Ramp Test Pattern.

- Pj

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 11-30-2018 at 08:31 PM.
post #63117 of 63943 Old 12-01-2018, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here is a little bit more info about my problem. Can I interest somebody to reproduce it?

The problem appears to be what blurbusters.com is calling "strobe crosstalk" (testufo.com/crosstalk)

Attached is an image illustrating it more clearly than the image in my earlier post. The signal is 60Hz HDMI, with clear action mode on. The first row looks perfect (no doubling / ghosting artifacts), which is exactly what clear action mode is supposed to do. However, clear action mode appears to fail progressively as we go below the first row. Originally clear action mode worked perfectly (the entire screen used to look like the first row), but now it no longer works on the entire screen.

I tried switching cables, devices, ports, restoring to factory default settings, to no effect. Vizio tech support was not very helpful unfortunately.

I'm not sure if this is due to a firmware upgrade, hardware failure, sensitivity to ambient conditions or what. Does anybody have advice about what might have caused it or how to fix it?

Also, do you see this on your TV? (Easy way to test: turn clear action mode on and go to the above link)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2489766  
reallynotnick likes this.
post #63118 of 63943 Old 12-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone know why my screen is showing a darker area in the top-middle/right area? There appears to be a darker band that goes down vertically in the same area.

This wasn't as noticeable when I initially had this set, but it seems to be prevalent now. Anyway to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2489770  
post #63119 of 63943 Old 12-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroponik View Post
Does anyone know why my screen is showing a darker area in the top-middle/right area? There appears to be a darker band that goes down vertically in the same area.

This wasn't as noticeable when I initially had this set, but it seems to be prevalent now. Anyway to fix this?

Try a factory reset or it could be a light burning off

PS4 PRO
post #63120 of 63943 Old 12-01-2018, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroponik View Post

Does anyone know why my screen is showing a darker area in the top-middle/right area? There appears to be a darker band that goes down vertically in the same area. This wasn't as noticeable when I initially had this set, but it seems to be prevalent now. Anyway to fix this?

With the Display Off or Blank Screen On (In Timers), look at that area with different angles and use a flashlight. Any evidence of scratching, smears, etc of something hitting the area? Fingerprints... as in that area was squeezed?

Otherwise, a soft cloth rubbing many times over a certain time period might reduce this blotchy area. The vertical, shadowy band happens with all our screens over time.

-Pj
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hydroponik 2018 12 01.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	2489890   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroponik 2018 12 01 [Enhanced].jpg
Views:	46
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2489892  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page