Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #63511 of 64109 Old 02-12-2019, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
Have you tried a Reset To Factory Settings. I find that doing that each time they download new firmware, it fixes those issues.
I will give this a shot. It's been doing this for a while so if it is a firmware issue it must have been from 3-4 updates ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #63512 of 64109 Old 02-13-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Has anyone noticed with the latest firmware for the P65-c1 that whenever u stream a H264 movie from your smartphone to the tv it gets pixelated at times while watching any H264 video? If so has anyone been able to fix it?
post #63513 of 64109 Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 325
This has been randomly happening to my TV from time to time now, both when viewing my Nvidia Shield and PS4 Pro. On the Shield if I pause the video and there is no movement on the screen so it is just a still image the glitch disappears. The glitch slowly makes its way from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen and then disappears, probably takes about 2minutes to cycle from top to bottom. There is a pretty distinct portion in the center of the screen where the pattern stops and starts, I question if this is some sort of bad T-CON board or something? This happens only like once a month but I've had it happen twice this week so I'm afraid it might be getting more frequent.

Both systems are connected through a Denon X2200. TV is running 3.4.8.15 (curious if anyone thinks updating might help, haven't for over a year since everything has been working fine and I don't use the online features).

blatz8 likes this.

Vizio 2016 P65, Denon x2200, 5.0.2 Elac Debut F5, C5, B4, and A4
PS4 Pro, AMD Vega 56, and Nvidia Shield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #63514 of 64109 Old 02-15-2019, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'neil026 View Post
Has anyone noticed with the latest firmware for the P65-c1 that whenever u stream a H264 movie from your smartphone to the tv it gets pixelated at times while watching any H264 video? If so has anyone been able to fix it?
Yea it happens with h.264 and h.265 movies, has been for several firmwares now. Fix has been to buy a streaming stick of sorts lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
post #63515 of 64109 Old 02-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotnick View Post
This has been randomly happening to my TV from time to time now, both when viewing my Nvidia Shield and PS4 Pro. On the Shield if I pause the video and there is no movement on the screen so it is just a still image the glitch disappears. The glitch slowly makes its way from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen and then disappears, probably takes about 2minutes to cycle from top to bottom. There is a pretty distinct portion in the center of the screen where the pattern stops and starts, I question if this is some sort of bad T-CON board or something? This happens only like once a month but I've had it happen twice this week so I'm afraid it might be getting more frequent.

Both systems are connected through a Denon X2200. TV is running 3.4.8.15 (curious if anyone thinks updating might help, haven't for over a year since everything has been working fine and I don't use the online features).

https://youtu.be/QrMv8M2lmcQ
Why would you automatically assume the Vizio display is at fault?
The problem is most likely a poor quality HDMI cable or the Denon AVR, have you tried directly connecting the source devices to the Vizio display with new known good Premium Certified HDMI cables?
Does the glitch happen when playing a Smartcast App like Nexflix or YouTube?
post #63516 of 64109 Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
Why would you automatically assume the Vizio display is at fault?
The problem is most likely a poor quality HDMI cable or the Denon AVR, have you tried directly connecting the source devices to the Vizio display with new known good Premium Certified HDMI cables?
Does the glitch happen when playing a Smartcast App like Nexflix or YouTube?
The reason I believe it is the TV though is due to how the pattern changes right at the center and in this thread there has been previous issues that dealt with a split down the center of the screen (which I believe is due to how the T-CON board controls both sides of the screen separately). I originally thought it was just the Shield TV doing that, but it finally happened with my PS4 Pro today.

Why it's not an HDMI cable is because it doesn't happen when the screen is static, a bad HDMI cable wouldn't behave differently based on motion. I've also been using the same HDMI cables for 3 years now and have only seen this issue in the last ~6months. And considering I haven't moved anything it'd be very odd for a cable to just go bad. It's also not really how HDMI cables go bad. For what it is worth the cable running from the Denon to the Vizio is the one that came with the TV which is known to be very high quality.

I don't use the Smartcast apps. It's rather sporadic since it only happens maybe once a month at most, so it's very hard to pin down. If this glitch happened way more often I would gladly test through a ton of permutations, but since it is so rare I'd need to test for like 3 months to confirm that the problem has truly went away.

Could it be the Denon? Yes, it's of course possible, but I am very suspicious of the TV due to what I outlined above. I did finally update the TV software and will probably do a factory reset for good measure, but I won't really know if that fixed it for quite awhile which is why I came to the forum to see if this was early signs of a problem.
blatz8 likes this.

post #63517 of 64109 Old 02-15-2019, 10:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
The reason I believe it is the TV though is due to how the pattern changes right at the center and in this thread there has been previous issues that dealt with a split down the center of the screen (which I believe is due to how the T-CON board controls both sides of the screen separately). I originally thought it was just the Shield TV doing that, but it finally happened with my PS4 Pro today.
If it is T-Con problem the spit would be a vertical line in the middle between the left and right of the screen, not horizontal lines.
post #63518 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwishart View Post
If it is T-Con problem the spit would be a vertical line in the middle between the left and right of the screen, not horizontal lines.

The horizontal lines stop and start at the center, so idk there is something about the center of the screen. The line never continues through the center.

post #63519 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
The horizontal lines stop and start at the center, so idk there is something about the center of the screen. The line never continues through the center.

That doesn't look good but it looks like some continue to the the right? Honestly that looks a lot like LCD damage.

But you say it cycles from top to bottom? That is weird. I suppose it could be either the tcon or the main board.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #63520 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:

Why it's not an HDMI cable is because it doesn't happen when the screen is static, a bad HDMI cable wouldn't behave differently based on motion. I've also been using the same HDMI cables for 3 years now and have only seen this issue in the last ~6months. And considering I haven't moved anything it'd be very odd for a cable to just go bad. It's also not really how HDMI cables go bad. For what it is worth the cable running from the Denon to the Vizio is the one that came with the TV which is known to be very high quality.
Not necessarily. Depending on the bandwidth of the scene being passed through the cable can have an impact. Some bad cables or cables that go bad might not present issues 100% of the time. Moving scenes can sometimes use more bandwidth. If part of the cable goes bad and is only effected by high bandwidth scenes, then that is a possibility.

There are many reasons why a cable can go bad. Don't jump to conclusions without at least testing the possibilities. Try different cables. Try different ports. Try bypassing the receiver. Factory reset.

Be open minded and test thoroughly before making judgements.
rightintel likes this.

Last edited by skschatzman; 02-16-2019 at 10:07 AM.
post #63521 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Getting settled into my new place and finally setting up the PimpVision® and with all my various devices now available, I needed to put the Chromecast Ultra directly on the TV due to no input room at the AVR. For some reason the audio is dropping out if Full UHD Color is turned on. Picture is fine, but audio constantly drops. Turn off UHD Color and sound is fine; turn it back on and zonk. I've tried HDMI-2 and -3, casting Netflix, YouTube and Pocket Casts from my phone and all have the problem. CCU is hardlined to my network.

PimpVision® Quantum: Vizio PQ65-F1 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Def Tech ProCinema 600 + ProCenter 1000 + Monoprice Caliber #4104 (Atmos) + Monolith 10" THX Select (5.1.4) | Nvidia SHIELD (2015) | Apple TV 4K | Sony UBP-X800 | XBOX Project Scorpio | Xbox 360 | PS4 Pro | PS3 | Toshiba HD-A30 | Chromecast Ultra | Harmony 650 | Monoprice 8-Port gigabit switch
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews
post #63522 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
Getting settled into my new place and finally setting up the PimpVision and with all my various devices now available, I needed to put the Chromecast Ultra directly on the TV due to no input room at the AVR. For some reason the audio is dropping out if Full UHD Color is turned on. Picture is fine, but audio constantly drops. Turn off UHD Color and sound is fine; turn it back on and zonk. I've tried HDMI-2 and -3, casting Netflix, YouTube and Pocket Casts from my phone and all have the problem. CCU is hardlined to my network.
PimpVision
post #63523 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc9988 View Post
So the new main board will be here on Thursday. I'll update the status of the TV then.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
They sent the wrong board. The wait continues.

post #63524 of 64109 Old 02-16-2019, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2823 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
They sent the wrong board. The wait continues.

Ouch
post #63525 of 64109 Old 02-18-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:

I'm wondering if you could point me to a better narrowing down of what is needed...

I'm no expert, "I Only Know Enough To Be Dangerous."

Hard to say if this was due 'interrupting' a Flash Update or if your PS and/or other board had gone bad. I'd replace all the boards at the same time. Hope you get back up and running... once you get the 'correct' board.

@VizioService , what do think about this Post?

- Pj
ajc9988 likes this.
post #63526 of 64109 Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Hey, had a question because it was ignored when I brought it up before. Here are the symptoms and I'm wondering if you could point me to a better narrowing down of what is needed:

1) Turned off the TV to wash the display. Standard just lightly damp rag, etc.
2) Turned on, backlight was active, about a 20 or 30% gray on the display. No text or image with it. Turned off the display.
3) Turned it on, this time backlight active but pure black on the display. It matched the symptoms of others here, with the power light coming on, then going off, nothing displayed.
4) After fussing with it, I unplugged the set for 24 hours and drained the caps for the PS board.
5) After doing this, the screen turned on and went to the V logo splash screen, but went into a boot loop.

Now, I have a suspicion that I turned the set on during the firmware update and a bad flash occurred to the bios chip on the mainboard (hence that gray screen described in number 2 above). Due to me interrupting the process, then fussing with turning it off during a potential update after powering it on during such a thing would corrupt the firmware without a doubt (that is computer tech thing, so sure on that).

Another possibility comes up with me unplugging the set for 24 hours and draining the caps. On older models than this, the caps would not discharge and would hold a state and cause the screen to remain black, from my research and if I'm remembering those pages correctly. They recommended to unplug for an extended period of time and holding the power button for excessive time while unplugged to fully discharge. This would point to a potential PS issue. But, it could have also just been transient and arose at the same time as the other issue. Otherwise, this points to the PS needing replaced.

The bad flash refers to needing a new mainboard, if I am correct, or desoldering the bios chip, using an eeprom programmer to load a fresh rom image onto the bios chip, then resoldering the chip to the board.

So my question comes in whether Vizio implements a safety dual bios to reload a firmware in the event of a bad flash, or have another way to load a firmware in the event of a bad flash and whether this description on how to factory reset the TV could also cause it to look for a fresh bios on, say, a USB drive plugged into the non-USB 3.0 port on the device, or if you think the factory reset may resolve the boot loop issue?

Considering the instructions on how to do the factory reset, I figured I would ask.

I have the P50-C1 LTMWTNAS serial variant.

BTW, Vizio, if you frequent this thread, ADD A SECOND BIOS CHIP TO PREVENT BAD FLASH ISSUES! Either that or implement a safety reflash for the TVs similar to what modern MBs for PCs implement! Then just give us access to the firmware in like an FTP so we can select the firmware version we like in the event of issues with a newer firmware. Users will come to a consensus on which firmware works best for them!
Could you PM me your full serial number and when this occurred on your television. I would like to look into this further for you.
blatz8 and ajc9988 like this.
post #63527 of 64109 Old 02-20-2019, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
I'm no expert, "I Only Know Enough To Be Dangerous."

Hard to say if this was due 'interrupting' a Flash Update or if your PS and/or other board had gone bad. I'd replace all the boards at the same time. Hope you get back up and running... once you get the 'correct' board.

@VizioService , what do think about this Post?

- Pj
Thank you for tagging me in this so I can look into this.
post #63528 of 64109 Old 02-22-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizioService View Post

Thank you for tagging me in this so I can look into this.

No problem.

Dearest Forum members... Can any of you successfully Edit your own posts here on this Message Thread? I found I cannot do this here, as I get a 'Database Error' every time I try to Edit my own Posts here. I can Edit my posts on a bunch of other AVS Forums, but not here anymore. (I posted this problem to the Forum Operations Center. Hopefully, this very long Thread can be fixed.)

On a side note :

If you have a Smart Meter hooked up to your place, beware of the RFI, according to some experts, radiating back through the house wiring, affecting/degrading electronic devices, such as our Vizio TVs/Displays. This 'dirty' AC on top of what dirty AC you may already have, shortening the life of electronics. Best to hook up a Line Conditioner (or a UPS with Line Conditioning) or a whole house Electronic Filter system (wired-up between your Smart Meter and your Main Panel).

The Health Issues with Smart Meters:

Spoiler!

- Pj (Windows 7 Pro SP1, Desktop System, FireFox 65.0.1)
post #63529 of 64109 Old 02-22-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
No problem.

Dearest Forum members... Can any of you successfully Edit your own posts here on this Message Thread? I found I cannot do this here, as I get a 'Database Error' every time I try to Edit my own Posts here. I can Edit my posts on a bunch of other AVS Forums, but not here anymore. (I posted this problem to the Forum Operations Center. Hopefully, this very long Thread can be fixed.)

On a side note :

If you have a Smart Meter hooked up to your place, beware of the RFI, according to some experts, radiating back through the house wiring, affecting/degrading electronic devices, such as our Vizio TVs/Displays. This 'dirty' AC on top of what dirty AC you may already have, shortening the life of electronics. Best to hook up a Line Conditioner (or a UPS with Line Conditioning) or a whole house Electronic Filter system (wired-up between your Smart Meter and your Main Panel).

The Health Issues with Smart Meters:

Spoiler!

- Pj (Windows 7 Pro SP1, Desktop System, FireFox 65.0.1)
I'm having the same issue of editing posts, or posting when not quoting another post, in this thread. Works fine on Tapatalk on my phone, but not from my desktop. That started off a long stretch of now deleted posts not too long ago because I put a correction in a stand alone post.
post #63530 of 64109 Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I'm having the same issue of editing posts, or posting when not quoting another post, in this thread. Works fine on Tapatalk on my phone, but not from my desktop. That started off a long stretch of now deleted posts not too long ago because I put a correction in a stand alone post.

Please do post any forum problems over in the Forum Operations Center. I do believe it's related to this Message Thread being quite long. I hope it can be fixed. Maybe they can 'split' this Thread into parts if that would help? Otherwise, a 'Part 2' of this Thread is gonna be needed.

I think the last time I posted newly (no quote/Replying) it wouldn't take, so I replied to any post and Edited it (removing the quote part) so it shows-up as a new Post. Try that next time you're on your desktop system.

I've changed the battery in my UPS a bit ago, but I haven't put it back inline yet with my P50-C1 and a few other devices. I got to do that before this Wind Storm gets here Saturday night into Sunday. Parts of Western NY state and Buffalo may get Hurricane gusts up to 75MPH!!! (About 60MPH gusts for my area, at the moment. Updated forecast could raise that!)

- Pj
ajc9988 likes this.
post #63531 of 64109 Old 02-22-2019, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 59
2016 55-Inch P series owner here. Bought it back in July 2016. Sad to say but it died last weekend. Picture will not turn on most of the time. When I can get it to turn on it only lasts for a few minutes before going black. Outside of warranty so pretty screwed. *sad face*
post #63532 of 64109 Old 02-24-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv4k View Post
2016 55-Inch P series owner here. Bought it back in July 2016. Sad to say but it died last weekend. Picture will not turn on most of the time. When I can get it to turn on it only lasts for a few minutes before going black. Outside of warranty so pretty screwed. *sad face*
Have you tried unplugging the device for an extended period of time and holding the power button for over a minute to help drain the capacitors?

Edit: also, is the backlight on when not showing an image or does the device shut down?

post #63533 of 64109 Old 02-24-2019, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 223
These dying sets sure know how to get one feeling uncomfortable lol. My power indicator light went out like the day my warranty expired as well as a bright pixel but it appears to be going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #63534 of 64109 Old 02-24-2019, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
my set going out?

Guys, I was hoping somebody could help me identify the issue/defect with my screen along with possibly giving me some guidance on whether or not its worth repairing or not. Been really happy with the TV.

A few months ago, the issue started with a "light spot" (see attachment as I am not sure what to call it) , roughly .25 of an inch in hieght, extended from the bottom of the screen upwards. Since then that bar has developed into a 1inch x 1 inch block on the bottom of the screen , and it continues to get bigger every time I use the TV. (I rarely use the TV for extended periods of time or keep it on). I was living with the issue, until I noticed the spot spreading. The newest development (something I noticed this week), is if you look carefully, you can see a light spot developing inside the original light spot.

I am perplexed at what the issue could be, I have done a fair amount of research and found nothing quite like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vizio.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2530742  
post #63535 of 64109 Old 02-24-2019, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jossawye View Post
Have you heard any further update from them on this issue? Having the exact same thing here. Casting anything x264 to the set is pretty much useless now, esp in Plex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgr View Post
Last I heard from Vizio was "we're still looking into it but we can't reproduce the issue". Here's a thread on the Plex forums where someone has done a lot of testing and seems to have narrowed it down to some particular encode settings:
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'neil026 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Yea it happens with h.264 and h.265 movies, has been for several firmwares now. Fix has been to buy a streaming stick of sorts lol
Any update on what appears to be broken h263/4/5 decoding @VizioService ? Seems there's been multiple reports here, on the on the VIZIO sub-reddit, and over at the Plex Forums from Firmware 5.0.14.1 and up. This seems like a pretty significant regression in the firmware that impacts casting media severely.
demoman40 likes this.
post #63536 of 64109 Old 02-25-2019, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarimi View Post
Guys, I was hoping somebody could help me identify the issue/defect with my screen along with possibly giving me some guidance on whether or not its worth repairing or not. Been really happy with the TV.

A few months ago, the issue started with a "light spot" (see attachment as I am not sure what to call it) , roughly .25 of an inch in hieght, extended from the bottom of the screen upwards. Since then that bar has developed into a 1inch x 1 inch block on the bottom of the screen , and it continues to get bigger every time I use the TV. (I rarely use the TV for extended periods of time or keep it on). I was living with the issue, until I noticed the spot spreading. The newest development (something I noticed this week), is if you look carefully, you can see a light spot developing inside the original light spot.

I am perplexed at what the issue could be, I have done a fair amount of research and found nothing quite like it.
Looks like some sort of delamination to me. Mechanical, not electronic in nature ... if that's the case it's probably not fixable.
stikle likes this.
post #63537 of 64109 Old 02-26-2019, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Did anyone notice the Amazon Prime app disappeared from the on screen interface as well as the phone app. The kid freaked out this morning that he couldn't watch his show while he ate his kix cereal.

Did Vizio remove it permanently or will it return?

I know first world problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
blatz8 likes this.

Mains: Swan diva 6.1 Center: Swan diva C3 Surrounds: Swan Diva 4.1 Sourround Back: Polk TSi200 Sub: SVS SB-2000 x 2 Front And Rear Top Speakers: SpeakerCraft AIM 8 TWO Series 2PreAmp : AV-8802a Amps: Outlaw 7200\Onkyo M-5010 Transport :Oppo 205 UHD Display:Sony XBR85X900F Turntable:project audio debut carbon esprit sb beatles 1964
post #63538 of 64109 Old 02-26-2019, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 146
[QUOTE=HiRez24;57661998]Did anyone notice the Amazon Prime app disappeared from the on screen interface as well as the phone app. /QUOTE]

FYI, I just logged onto Amazon using the built-in interface.
post #63539 of 64109 Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 57
[quote=Ken McPherson;57662634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRez24 View Post
Did anyone notice the Amazon Prime app disappeared from the on screen interface as well as the phone app. /QUOTE]

FYI, I just logged onto Amazon using the built-in interface.
Thanks Ken, had a chat session with Vizio, they said it was a known issue and is now fixed, should be fine when I check it after work today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ken McPherson likes this.

Mains: Swan diva 6.1 Center: Swan diva C3 Surrounds: Swan Diva 4.1 Sourround Back: Polk TSi200 Sub: SVS SB-2000 x 2 Front And Rear Top Speakers: SpeakerCraft AIM 8 TWO Series 2PreAmp : AV-8802a Amps: Outlaw 7200\Onkyo M-5010 Transport :Oppo 205 UHD Display:Sony XBR85X900F Turntable:project audio debut carbon esprit sb beatles 1964
post #63540 of 64109 Old 02-28-2019, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarimi View Post

Looks like some sort of delamination to me. Mechanical, not electronic in nature ... if that's the case it's probably not fixable.
thanks for the reply. very bummed out about it since I bought it retail in 2016, and I do not/have not used the screen nearly enough to justify the screen damage. I doubt Vizio would help me, as it is such an odd and rare issue (done a ton of research and found nothing like it).

Did some research on panel delamination, and that sounds right. Because the spot started off very small (less than 1/4 of an inch), and now its at a 1inch W x L block. The spot grows every time I use the TV. I guess Ill have to watch it until its useless and buy a Samsung. Its a shame because I was absolutely blown away from picture quality - so much I was planning on sticking with Vizio. But I cant in good faith spend my money on Vizio. I am bummed out I didnt use the screen as much as I should have , since it may have broken within the Warranty period had I given it proper use.

I watch TV or play use it for gaming maybe once every couple weeks ( sometimes only once a mo nth) - to give you an idea of how little I use the screen. Otherwise I use my Lenovo Laptop for daily watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page