Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288495Likes

post #63961 of 64064 Old 07-23-2019, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1712 Post(s)
Liked: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Maybe 1 more would be worth it? Because who knows when the public release will be.

Also try last time I did a factory reset was on 6.x.x.x because it is annoying to re-enter settings.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Ok As suggested by @VizioService also, I did a Factory reset and got Dolby Vision back. I still can not set UHD Color On for HDMI 1 the ARC port, if I do I lose ARC signal (no audio).

I have NEVER had this much trouble and required Factory resets as with this 7.X firmware. 3 years of bliss with my P65-C1 until now and was on Matt's beta group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #63962 of 64064 Old 07-24-2019, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
I still get the flash.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Me too, I think I've had it since the last firmware update (6.0.18.1). I've been curious to see if a new update fixes it.
post #63963 of 64064 Old 07-24-2019, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Dolby Atmos, Nope :(

I've had this TV a while and suffered through several issues. I just added a Dolby Atmos sound bar and now I'm really frustrated. I won't go into details, but I've tried multiple setups and options. If "Full UHD Color" is enabled, the TV will only display a blank screen if you try to add a Dolby Atmos (7.1.4) stream. If you disable the UHD Color, the Dolby Atmos works fine (on a soundbar, receiver, etc). I've not found anyone way around this. Even an HDMI signal splitter couldn't fix it, because it still sends the audio stream to the TV. I'd need a splitter that actually removes the audio stream to the TV.... then it might work. I don't know. This was probably my last Vizio, and I've had a lot of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #63964 of 64064 Old 07-25-2019, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkew View Post
I've had this TV a while and suffered through several issues. I just added a Dolby Atmos sound bar and now I'm really frustrated. I won't go into details, but I've tried multiple setups and options. If "Full UHD Color" is enabled, the TV will only display a blank screen if you try to add a Dolby Atmos (7.1.4) stream. If you disable the UHD Color, the Dolby Atmos works fine (on a soundbar, receiver, etc). I've not found anyone way around this. Even an HDMI signal splitter couldn't fix it, because it still sends the audio stream to the TV. I'd need a splitter that actually removes the audio stream to the TV.... then it might work. I don't know. This was probably my last Vizio, and I've had a lot of them.
I've been through that. I ended up selling my Atmos Sound bar and Bought a Denon X3400H and Klipsch RP160M, RP250C , RP140SA, Dayton B652 & SVS PB12 NSD sub. Dolby Atmos plays without issues. I'm Never going back to a sound bar again. Atmos immersive sound really enhances Movies on my P65-C1... I have fallen in-love with my TV all over again. I have now moved on from Atmos up firing speakers and crawled into my attic and install in-ceiling speakers. Atmos is now even better than before and I also sold my klipsch speakers for Chane speakers ( ribbon tweeter) and Sold my SVS Sub for a Power sound audio V1510 Sub. ARC & my atmos soundbar gave me so many issues... I really thought it was my TV... I was starting to hate my TV. I Love my TV again.
stikle and henkew like this.
post #63965 of 64064 Old 07-27-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelliott2 View Post
I've been through that. I ended up selling my Atmos Sound bar and Bought a Denon X3400H and Klipsch RP160M, RP250C , RP140SA, Dayton B652 & SVS PB12 NSD sub. Dolby Atmos plays without issues. I'm Never going back to a sound bar again. Atmos immersive sound really enhances Movies on my P65-C1... I have fallen in-love with my TV all over again. I have now moved on from Atmos up firing speakers and crawled into my attic and install in-ceiling speakers. Atmos is now even better than before and I also sold my klipsch speakers for Chane speakers ( ribbon tweeter) and Sold my SVS Sub for a Power sound audio V1510 Sub. ARC & my atmos soundbar gave me so many issues... I really thought it was my TV... I was starting to hate my TV. I Love my TV again.
From what I can tell, the problem is you can't get HDR at 60 fps with Dolby Atmos (with Samsung HW-N950). It might work at 30 fps from what I've heard....
post #63966 of 64064 Old 07-27-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
From what I can tell, the problem is you can't get HDR at 60 fps with Dolby Atmos (with Samsung HW-N950). It might work at 30 fps from what I've heard....
I don't have that issue with my Denon X3400H. I can play Gears 4 at 60 FPS with HDR & Atmos. Its amazing.
post #63967 of 64064 Old 07-28-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
[
. people that are not product experts.[/QUOTE]. Vizio support said the following: “Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.So this would be a hand shake issue between the two devices. We know you can get HDR and we know you can get ATMOS just not at the same time. So that must mean either a hand shake issue or the sound bar is not using HDCP 2.2 with the ATMOS. So at this point we would have nothing further to do on our side. We would recommend contacting the manufacture of the sound bar.“
blatz8 likes this.
post #63968 of 64064 Old 07-30-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
post #63969 of 64064 Old 07-30-2019, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Yes, it works on my P65-C1. I opened Amazon Video on my iPhone, and hit the Cast Icon at the lower right and my Vizio switched to Smartcast and I selected an HBO channel program in Amazon and it played fine. Sorry I didn't try and UHD program.

EZ peeze.
skschatzman likes this.
post #63970 of 64064 Old 07-30-2019, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Yes, it works on my P65-C1. I opened Amazon Video on my iPhone, and hit the Cast Icon at the lower right and my Vizio switched to Smartcast and I selected an HBO channel program in Amazon and it played fine. Sorry I didn't try and UHD program.

EZ peeze.
Awesome.
post #63971 of 64064 Old 08-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
I tried it a few nights ago and promptly switched back to the SmartCast app. Too much buffering and stuttering. No issues casting from other apps, so it's got to be Amazon's cast support. The SmartCast Prime Video "app" works pretty much flawlessly for me.

On a related note: I've tried to use the Prime Video app on my XBox1X, which I'd think would have a lot more horsepower than the TV ... but that just has too many problems as well.
post #63972 of 64064 Old 08-01-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
I tried it a few nights ago and promptly switched back to the SmartCast app. Too much buffering and stuttering. No issues casting from other apps, so it's got to be Amazon's cast support. The SmartCast Prime Video "app" works pretty much flawlessly for me.

On a related note: I've tried to use the Prime Video app on my XBox1X, which I'd think would have a lot more horsepower than the TV ... but that just has too many problems as well.
My Xbox OneX streams all Amazon Prime content flawlessly. I prefer it vs cast or Smartcast.
What do you mean the Xbox app has problems? Elaborate.

If casting from your phone causes buffering, then you may be experiencing network issues on your end. You may want to troubleshoot it as I don't experience any issues.
post #63973 of 64064 Old 08-01-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:

That's odd, I have ZERO issues with my Amazon prime app on my Xbox one X. That app is better than HBO's own app ... during GOT nothing but buffering...if I watch it through Amazon's app ZERO buffering.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #63974 of 64064 Old 08-02-2019, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 4519 Post(s)
Liked: 2578
Quote:
My Xbox OneX streams all Amazon Prime content flawlessly. I prefer it vs cast or Smartcast.

If casting from your phone causes buffering, then you may be experiencing network issues on your end. You may want to troubleshoot it as I don't experience any issues.
I hardly use the XBox for streaming because it converts the audio on everything to "Atmos".

lujan
543 Ultra HD
727 HD
4 SD
post #63975 of 64064 Old 08-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I hardly use the XBox for streaming because it converts the audio on everything to "Atmos".
Yeah it does and that SUCKS...I just changed the format when watching non Atmos content.

post #63976 of 64064 Old 08-02-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:

The XBox app has a very noticeable "hitch" every few seconds during scenes where the camera is panning or pulling back, or when there's a fair amount of action on the screen; it's especially noticeable in 4K. Very annoying ... you can't unsee it once you first notice it. The Netflix app on the same device has no such issues. The XBox1X and TV are Ethernet connected with a consistent measured throughput of over 100Mb/s. I don't have any issues casting other content to the TV; I've done it with NetFlix, Showtime and Youtube with no issues. The first time I tried casting from the Prime Video app, though ... nothing but problems. The native SmartCast "app," on the other hand, works perfectly.
post #63977 of 64064 Old 08-02-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
That's odd, I have ZERO issues with my Amazon prime app on my Xbox one X. That app is better than HBO's own app ... during GOT nothing but buffering...if I watch it through Amazon's app ZERO buffering.

Have you watched any 4K content with the XBox app?
post #63978 of 64064 Old 08-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Have you watched any 4K content with the XBox app?
Yes, Netflix is kinda ok...The Amazon app is much better, but IMHO the Netflix app and the Amazon app build in the P65-C1 looks better than the Xbox one X apps. When It game it's looks amazing.

post #63979 of 64064 Old 08-02-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, Netflix is kinda ok...The Amazon app is much better, but IMHO the Netflix app and the Amazon app build in the P65-C1 looks better than the Xbox one X apps. When It game it's looks amazing.
Quote:
The XBox app has a very noticeable "hitch" every few seconds during scenes where the camera is panning or pulling back, or when there's a fair amount of action on the screen; it's especially noticeable in 4K. Very annoying ... you can't unsee it once you first notice it. The Netflix app on the same device has no such issues. The XBox1X and TV are Ethernet connected with a consistent measured throughput of over 100Mb/s. I don't have any issues casting other content to the TV; I've done it with NetFlix, Showtime and Youtube with no issues. The first time I tried casting from the Prime Video app, though ... nothing but problems. The native SmartCast "app," on the other hand, works perfectly.
I have not experienced this issue at all on Amazon Prime. You may want to troubleshoot this. I'm not sure what is causing your issue, but it is not normal.
post #63980 of 64064 Old 08-03-2019, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 46
So a few days ago I turned on my P55 in the morning and rather than being on the last input used, it boot into Smartcast telling me how to rearrange the app row. Just thought it was glitch or something. Today I was editing the names of a couple inputs and noticed that the ability to hide WatchFree was there again, and it wasn't the last time I checked. Looked to see if some sort of update had taken place but I'm still on 6.0.18.1. Not sure if this was discussed already. But if you haven't been able to hide it before, check again.
post #63981 of 64064 Old 08-03-2019, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
This is football on Amazon built in app says its dolby vision but it plays 4k normal... c1

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
post #63982 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I have not experienced this issue at all on Amazon Prime. You may want to troubleshoot this. I'm not sure what is causing your issue, but it is not normal.
I made a configuration change on the XBox1X that may have resolved the issue. It wasn't apparent in a few random samplings of 4K content where I'd seen it before.

The change was to disable Allow YCC 4:2:2; I'm not sure why I had it on in the first place.
post #63983 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I made a configuration change on the XBox1X that may have resolved the issue. It wasn't apparent in a few random samplings of 4K content where I'd seen it before.

The change was to disable Allow YCC 4:2:2; I'm not sure why I had it on in the first place.
I never experienced this issue with my Xbox and have left that option enabled. Your Xbox may be experiencing a glitch or bug. You may want to test this out. With the option disabled some HDR content may get down converted to SDR.

This video should explain it all.

If all else fails and you haven't factory reset the console yet, that would be the last option I recommend.
post #63984 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I never experienced this issue with my Xbox and have left that option enabled. Your Xbox may be experiencing a glitch or bug. You may want to test this out. With the option disabled some HDR content may get down converted to SDR.

(snip)

If all else fails and you haven't factory reset the console yet, that would be the last option I recommend.
Thanks.

I'm on the insiders slow omega ring (or something like that; still get betas but not long before they go GA). It could have been a temporary situation due to an update. I'll see if turning 4:2:2 back on causes the problem to return ... I didn't check again to see if the issue was still present before I disabled it.

I'll PM you with the details if you're interested, 'cuz we're sort of off-topic for this thread (my fault completely)
post #63985 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Does anyone know if Amazon Prime Video play in Dolby Vision on our Tv's? I'm looking at The Boys and it's only playing In HDR10. SMH
post #63986 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Anyone know why when your casting from the prime video app why videos cap out at 1080p and not in 4k? The Boys is in 4k hdr10 on the built in app but from casting from my phone it's in 1080p
post #63987 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 6442 Post(s)
Liked: 6114
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'neil026 View Post
Does anyone know if Amazon Prime Video play in Dolby Vision on our Tv's? I'm looking at The Boys and it's only playing In HDR10. SMH

Amazon doesnt have much in DV. Jack Ryan s1 and Bosch S2 I believe are two you can check. Most of their content is HDR10 though.
post #63988 of 64064 Old 08-04-2019, 09:46 PM

No HDR10+ ?
post #63989 of 64064 Old 08-05-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'neil026 View Post
No HDR10+ ?
That is the great White Whale for Samsung TV owners. Amazon said they would be supporting the Samsung format but I've never heard any Samie owners seeing HDR10+ on their TVs.
post #63990 of 64064 Old 08-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 99

Last edited by brownknuckles; 08-05-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page