Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288589Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #64231 of 64411 Old 11-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Vader182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 301
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disn...th-chromecast/

Looks like some Vizio TVs are already getting the Disney+ update. Has anyone gotten it on their 2016 P Series yet? Cheers!


-Vader
Anago and DirgeExtinction like this.
Vader182 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64232 of 64411 Old 11-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disn...th-chromecast/



Looks like some Vizio TVs are already getting the Disney+ update. Has anyone gotten it on their 2016 P Series yet? Cheers!





-Vader
Do we know what the update build is?

*Edit* I've tried it on my p50-c1 and I can cast from my Pixel 3a to it. Unfortunately, it only casts at 720p and no HDR.


Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
toonj64 likes this.

Last edited by DirgeExtinction; 11-23-2019 at 08:53 PM.
DirgeExtinction is offline  
post #64233 of 64411 Old 11-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Anago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction View Post
Do we know what the update build is?

*Edit* I've tried it on my p50-c1 and I can cast from my Pixel 3a to it. Unfortunately, it only casts at 720p and no HDR.


Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Same here 720p, no HDR or Atmos.

Vizio P75-C1, P50-C1, P65-C1- FW 8.0.20.3
Samsung UHD Bluray K8500 - LG UBK90 DV Bluray player
Vizio SB46514-F6 Soundbar - Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
Directv Genie HR34 - Chromecast Ultra
Anago is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64234 of 64411 Old 11-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction View Post
Do we know what the update build is?

*Edit* I've tried it on my p50-c1 and I can cast from my Pixel 3a to it. Unfortunately, it only casts at 720p and no HDR.


Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I have a P55-C1 (2016) and yes 720p only. I tried different movies. I'm sure this will be fixed later. my Chromwcast firmware is 1.34.149937. it was not working at all a couple days ago.
Patrick Tremblay is offline  
post #64235 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
toonj64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disn...th-chromecast/

Looks like some Vizio TVs are already getting the Disney+ update. Has anyone gotten it on their 2016 P Series yet? Cheers!


-Vader
Vizio didnt update anything, Disney + app did.

But 720p no hdr is next to useless.

Here's hoping that "early december" means 1st week and that DV, Atmos and 4K will actually work while casting over chromecast!
shoman94, blatz8 and Anago like this.
toonj64 is offline  
post #64236 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
Vizio didnt update anything, Disney + app did.



But 720p no hdr is next to useless.



Here's hoping that "early december" means 1st week and that DV, Atmos and 4K will actually work while casting over chromecast!
What a useless update. Just get it over with and buy a streamer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64237 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
What a useless update. Just get it over with and buy a streamer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Fire Stick 4k is on sale for $25, it’s well worth it.

I sent an email to Vizio’s CEO again, this time regarding Clear Action not working for almost a year. I got a call back but wasn’t home. I did the same last year for the flickering white line problem and they eventually fixed it, I’m hoping the same will happen this time with CA.

It’s sad that I have to contact the CEO for even an acknowledgment that a problem has existed for almost a year.
shoman94 and zer0cool2007 like this.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64238 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
Fire Stick 4k is on sale for $25, it’s well worth it.



I sent an email to Vizio’s CEO again, this time regarding Clear Action not working for almost a year. I got a call back but wasn’t home. I did the same last year for the flickering white line problem and they eventually fixed it, I’m hoping the same will happen this time with CA.



It’s sad that I have to contact the CEO for even an acknowledgment that a problem has existed for almost a year.
I can tell you that I am very pro Android, but man it's tough to go against this Apple TV 4k.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
rightintel and naustin like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64239 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I can tell you that I am very pro Android, but man it's tough to go against this Apple TV 4k.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Apples and Oranges. One is $25, the other is >$100. For streaming there is very little difference (I own both) and the Fire TV 4k is a lot more flexible.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64240 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
Apples and Oranges. One is $25, the other is >$100. For streaming there is very little difference (I own both) and the Fire TV 4k is a lot more flexible.
The "TV" app on the ATV is a gem for centralizing content (other than Netflix/Plex) and is especially useful for Disney+ that's missing a "continue watching section"

Match refresh rate and content is nice since you can have it default to 60hz SDR and adjust to 24p HDR/DV as needed.

Plus now it can act as a steam link hub since it supports PS4 controllers now.

Also iTunes being the largest selection of Dolby vision movies for those who don't want to invest in physical media.

Only apple product I actively use lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
brownknuckles is offline  
post #64241 of 64411 Old 11-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
The "TV" app on the ATV is a gem for centralizing content (other than Netflix/Plex) and is especially useful for Disney+ that's missing a "continue watching section"

Match refresh rate and content is nice since you can have it default to 60hz SDR and adjust to 24p HDR/DV as needed.

Plus now it can act as a steam link hub since it supports PS4 controllers now.

Also iTunes being the largest selection of Dolby vision movies for those who don't want to invest in physical media.

Only apple product I actively use lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
This is the truth! It's such a well-polished streamer that I've all but given up on the others for daily driving. It's incredibly well-supported by Apple and app partners.

But to be fair I still own a Chromecast Ultra for the rare 4k HDR videos that catch my eye. I also own a Firestick 4k because it's the only travel-friendly streamer due to its ability to use captive wifi portals.

I may have to give NVIDIA's shield a chance because of gamestream.
tommyknocker2121 is offline  
post #64242 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 02:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyknocker2121 View Post
This is the truth! It's such a well-polished streamer that I've all but given up on the others for daily driving. It's incredibly well-supported by Apple and app partners.

But to be fair I still own a Chromecast Ultra for the rare 4k HDR videos that catch my eye. I also own a Firestick 4k because it's the only travel-friendly streamer due to its ability to use captive wifi portals.

I may have to give NVIDIA's shield a chance because of gamestream.
That's great, nobody said the ATV4K was bad, it's just over $125 more than a Fire TV 4k Stick. For a lot of people it's just not worth the price difference. You're really paying for the Apple name here- Had I not already owned a few iTunes movies I'd sell it. FYI- I could Airplay my iTunes movies from my iPad to the TV but I wouldn't have Atmos- seems a convenient oversight Apple didn't add DD+ support to Airplay2.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64243 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
I can't edit my own post so I have to post twice in a row. Somebody fix the forum already!

After emailing the CEO I spoke to Rich at Vizio and he tells me that the problem with Clear Action will be resolved- after posting about it all over the net for the past year and the Oficial Vizio Support forum at Reddit (where official Vizio support reps have acknowledged it) he says when a rep contacted me about it 23 days ago it was the first time it was actually entered into the system as a problem, and now it will be resolved.

Have a hard time believing after a year of people posting about it on the oficial Vizio Support Forum on reddit and Vizio Support responding in those threads that it was never reported. Uh ok. Whatever. Just as long as it gets fixed.

Even if you have a firmware issue that everyone else is having, obviously posting it places like here and reddit where Vizio Support acknowledges it isn't enough- we'll always have to report it to Vizio directly, just to have it on record. So why exactly is the Vizio Rep here again?
lujan, SoNic67 and Sanctine like this.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64244 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
Apples and Oranges. One is $25, the other is >$100. For streaming there is very little difference (I own both) and the Fire TV 4k is a lot more flexible.
I own both, I also own the Shield v1 and my TV is a 2018 Sony Android TV. I prefer the Apple TV overall for me usage..... Even price aside.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64245 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
That's great, nobody said the ATV4K was bad, it's just over $125 more than a Fire TV 4k Stick. For a lot of people it's just not worth the price difference. You're really paying for the Apple name here- Had I not already owned a few iTunes movies I'd sell it. FYI- I could Airplay my iTunes movies from my iPad to the TV but I wouldn't have Atmos- seems a convenient oversight Apple didn't add DD+ support to Airplay2.
I don't use ANYTHiNG Apple besides the AppleTV 4k. It was also the last streamer I bought as all the others ended up disappointing me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64246 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Vader182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I own both, I also own the Shield v1 and my TV is a 2018 Sony Android TV. I prefer the Apple TV overall for me usage..... Even price aside.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Is there anything "wrong" with the firestick? I'm debating getting it just for Disney+, just trying to make an informed buying decision. Thanks mate.


-Vader
Vader182 is offline  
post #64247 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,334
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4875 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
Is there anything "wrong" with the firestick? I'm debating getting it just for Disney+, just trying to make an informed buying decision. Thanks mate.
-Vader
The only thing I can think of that I don't like about the Fire TV is that they don't support the Vudu application. You can sideload it but then 4k content will not play.

lujan
603 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #64248 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
Is there anything "wrong" with the firestick? I'm debating getting it just for Disney+, just trying to make an informed buying decision. Thanks mate.


-Vader
For $25? Just for Disney+? No. You're not going to do any better at that price- it supports Dolby Vision and DD+ 5.1 on Disney+-no Atmos at the moment.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64249 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
Is there anything "wrong" with the firestick? I'm debating getting it just for Disney+, just trying to make an informed buying decision. Thanks mate.





-Vader
No Vudu, frame matching only with Amazon, no as good at upconverts. Needs adapter for LAN connection. I don't like the layout either.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64250 of 64411 Old 11-27-2019, 11:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
No Vudu, frame matching only with Amazon, no as good at upconverts. Needs adapter for LAN connection. I don't like the layout either.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
$25 vs $150. If he's only buying it for one app (which he states) he's better off buying Fire TV stick. If you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem then maybe an Apple TV 4k, but geez. I own one and even I think it's probably worth about the $80 I paid for it used. The TV app is great and everything but you really need a cable TV subscription to put it to the best use. I don't use the TV app much because I don't have a cable subscription and can't unlock 90% of the streaming apps anyways. Vizio is probably going to get the TV app anyways- if you Airplay anything to the TV you will see it has the exact same interface as the TV app for the info/video/settings, etc. I really don't understand all this blind devotion Apple users have towards their products.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64251 of 64411 Old 11-28-2019, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
$25 vs $150. If he's only buying it for one app (which he states) he's better off buying Fire TV stick. If you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem then maybe an Apple TV 4k, but geez. I own one and even I think it's probably worth about the $80 I paid for it used. The TV app is great and everything but you really need a cable TV subscription to put it to the best use. I don't use the TV app much because I don't have a cable subscription and can't unlock 90% of the streaming apps anyways. Vizio is probably going to get the TV app anyways- if you Airplay anything to the TV you will see it has the exact same interface as the TV app for the info/video/settings, etc. I really don't understand all this blind devotion Apple users have towards their products.
Android user here:
he will get a device for one app, realize the interface is much better than smartcast, never return to smartcast except for 4k YouTube videos.

In this instance an apple tv 4k holds more value than a firestick.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
shoman94 likes this.
brownknuckles is offline  
post #64252 of 64411 Old 11-28-2019, 03:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 18,270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Android user here:
he will get a device for one app, realize the interface is much better than smartcast, never return to smartcast except for 4k YouTube videos.

In this instance an apple tv 4k holds more value than a firestick.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Why? Just for Disney+? It’s the same exact app on both platforms.

That said you realize Vizio is getting the full Disney app sometime next year. The Vizio rep I spoke to said as much, he said they’ll finally update the chromecast version This month. Yes the SmartCast platform is slow, but if you only need it to do a few things it’s adequate but even for $25 the Fire TV stick is a huge upgrade. Personally if I had to choose and I wasn’t invested in the Apple platform I’d buy a 2019 Shield Pro. The only thing it’s missing is the Apple TV app and maybe hdr YouTube (but really there’s not much to watch in hdr).

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64253 of 64411 Old 11-28-2019, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
Why? Just for Disney+? It’s the same exact app on both platforms.



That said you realize Vizio is getting the full Disney app sometime next year. The Vizio rep I spoke to said as much, he said they’ll finally update the chromecast version This month. Yes the SmartCast platform is slow, but if you only need it to do a few things it’s adequate but even for $25 the Fire TV stick is a huge upgrade. Personally if I had to choose and I wasn’t invested in the Apple platform I’d buy a 2019 Shield Pro. The only thing it’s missing is the Apple TV app and maybe hdr YouTube (but really there’s not much to watch in hdr).
First of all I'm all Android user. I will never have an Apple phone or Mac PC. I have always hated Apple. I wanted a no bull**** device that does Dolby Vision, Atmos, frame rate/dynamic range Auto switching, great upscaling and support these with every app I use that's capable and support every app I use. The Apple TV is the only box that did this a year ago. I don't know if the Shield 2019 does but I don't think it's any different than my 2018 Android TV interface and that does work with everything too but I like the Apple TV interface better than my Android TV Oreo interface. I don't want to switch devices just to watch different apps either. I don't use Apple's TV app, I'm not arguing that one is better than another, I'm saying for my use case, money aside, the Apple TV 4k was the right choice for me and my family on my main TV. I complained the whole time paying 200 bucks for it but I haven't complained about it since then. It does everything right for my use. To each their own!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
naustin likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64254 of 64411 Old 11-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
I can't edit my own post so I have to post twice in a row. Somebody fix the forum already!

After emailing the CEO I spoke to Rich at Vizio and he tells me that the problem with Clear Action will be resolved- after posting about it all over the net for the past year and the Oficial Vizio Support forum at Reddit (where official Vizio support reps have acknowledged it) he says when a rep contacted me about it 23 days ago it was the first time it was actually entered into the system as a problem, and now it will be resolved.

Have a hard time believing after a year of people posting about it on the oficial Vizio Support Forum on reddit and Vizio Support responding in those threads that it was never reported. Uh ok. Whatever. Just as long as it gets fixed.

Even if you have a firmware issue that everyone else is having, obviously posting it places like here and reddit where Vizio Support acknowledges it isn't enough- we'll always have to report it to Vizio directly, just to have it on record. So why exactly is the Vizio Rep here again?
Thank you for sharing Dave. I'm glad someone has finally acknowledged the issue. Someone from Vizio contacted me about 6 months ago or so about clear action so I'm also surprised to hear that they've only logged it 23 days ago. So frustrating.

I suppose he didn't share a timeframe on a fix?
Sanctine is offline  
post #64255 of 64411 Old 11-28-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,894
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
First of all I'm all Android user. I will never have an Apple phone or Mac PC. I have always hated Apple. I wanted a no bull**** device that does Dolby Vision, Atmos, frame rate/dynamic range Auto switching, great upscaling and support these with every app I use that's capable and support every app I use. The Apple TV is the only box that did this a year ago. I don't know if the Shield 2019 does but I don't think it's any different than my 2018 Android TV interface and that does work with everything too but I like the Apple TV interface better than my Android TV Oreo interface. I don't want to switch devices just to watch different apps either. I don't use Apple's TV app, I'm not arguing that one is better than another, I'm saying for my use case, money aside, the Apple TV 4k was the right choice for me and my family on my main TV. I complained the whole time paying 200 bucks for it but I haven't complained about it since then. It does everything right for my use. To each their own!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I have Apple everything...come over to the dark side.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #64256 of 64411 Old 11-29-2019, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,549
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5307 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I have Apple everything...come over to the dark side.
Never

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
lujan likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #64257 of 64411 Old 11-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
zer0cool2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Well, my Fire TV Stick 4K stopped doing 4K/HDR WITH Disney+ today for some reason
zer0cool2007 is offline  
post #64258 of 64411 Old 11-30-2019, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
Vader182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
Well, my Fire TV Stick 4K stopped doing 4K/HDR WITH Disney+ today for some reason
Is this still happening?


-Vader
Vader182 is offline  
post #64259 of 64411 Old 11-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Senior Member
 
zer0cool2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
Is this still happening?





-Vader


Nope, I got it fixed by toggling Full UHD Color off and on (again).
Thought I had tried everything before posting ( and had been watching Apple TV+ in 4K right before), but it’s working now.
shoman94 and Anago like this.
zer0cool2007 is offline  
post #64260 of 64411 Old 11-30-2019, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,219
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1883 Post(s)
Liked: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool2007 View Post
Nope, I got it fixed by toggling Full UHD Color off and on (again).
Thought I had tried everything before posting ( and had been watching Apple TV+ in 4K right before), but it’s working now.
The FireTV4K stick will do DolbyVision for Disney+ and just HDR10 for AppleTV.
naustin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off