Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 2158 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288726Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #64711 of 64743 Old 06-23-2020, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skschatzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,084
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3113 Post(s)
Liked: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Vizio offered technology at a fraction of what the big 3 (Sony, Samsung, LG) offer it for.

It sucks but when you go with a value brand you don't get the same quality/support.

You get what you pay for m8.
As he already explained numerous times before, but seems to be ignored by your post is that the feature was working at one point, but was broken after a firmware update. Vizio claimed to have a fix in the works, but has not come to fruition.

Ever since Matt left, the loyalty to customers also went out the door.
naustin and blatz8 like this.

Last edited by skschatzman; 06-23-2020 at 04:04 PM.
skschatzman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64712 of 64743 Old 06-23-2020, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1978 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
I guess the chance of getting Clear Action ever fixed is out. I'm not even going to bother with Costco or Amex now, at some point I'm going to want an OLED.



I will say this, I will never purchase another Vizio product again.



It's amazing Vizio has such little regard for their customers.
I wonder if the change is related to HDR, also what did it do for gaming?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #64713 of 64743 Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
I wonder if the change is related to HDR, also what did it do for gaming?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Clear action is backlight strobing.
It alternates between image and a black screen on the display. The benefit is you are looking at multiple still shots in rapid succession vs 1 fluid shot and helps to eliminate motion blur on va panels especially during camera pans

Great for gaming as it's easier to make out details in the environment that can be blurred when moving the in-game camera.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
brownknuckles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64714 of 64743 Old 06-23-2020, 07:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
As he already explained numerous times before, but seems to be ignored by your post is that the feature was working at one point, but was broken after a firmware update. Vizio claimed to have a fix in the works, but has not come to fruition.

Ever since Matt left, the loyalty to customers also went out the door.
I'm aware of many posts and I've reached out myself too in the past to get it fixed on the 120hz panels but at the end of the day corporations will be more interested in capturing new clients vs keeping existing ones especially with TVs that aren't purchased too often.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
brownknuckles is offline  
post #64715 of 64743 Old 06-23-2020, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,486
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Vizio offered technology at a fraction of what the big 3 (Sony, Samsung, LG) offer it for.

It sucks but when you go with a value brand you don't get the same quality/support.

You get what you pay for m8.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I can't respond the way I'd like because I'd probably get banned.

We had a feature that was ADVERTISED with the TV, and it was taken away. I owned the TV for less than a year before they borked it. They promised they'd fix it- but said it would take a while, then said it wasn't broken (but nobody used it anyways).

Please, if you don't have anything of value to input, don't say anything.
blatz8 likes this.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64716 of 64743 Old 06-23-2020, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1978 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknuckles View Post
Clear action is backlight strobing.
It alternates between image and a black screen on the display. The benefit is you are looking at multiple still shots in rapid succession vs 1 fluid shot and helps to eliminate motion blur on va panels especially during camera pans

Great for gaming as it's easier to make out details in the environment that can be blurred when moving the in-game camera.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
So its BFI or Black Frame Insertion and originally was at 960 hz, 120 hz.

Was the frequency issue ever pointed out to Vizio? I remember ready comments about it not working, but if its tested at 120 hz and it works, then it works.

So clear action frequency specifics may have gotten it put back to its original form.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Last edited by DisplayCalNoob; 06-23-2020 at 08:25 PM.
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #64717 of 64743 Old 06-24-2020, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,375
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1259 Post(s)
Liked: 2773
FYI the Movies Anywhere app is now on Smartcast. I'm not sure if there's any advantage over Vudu, but it plays Vision and Atmos too.
lujan, blatz8 and DisplayCalNoob like this.
puddy77 is offline  
post #64718 of 64743 Old 06-24-2020, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
So its BFI or Black Frame Insertion and originally was at 960 hz, 120 hz.

Was the frequency issue ever pointed out to Vizio? I remember ready comments about it not working, but if its tested at 120 hz and it works, then it works.

So clear action frequency specifics may have gotten it put back to its original form.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Not OP in that case as I have the C1s where I always thought the frequency was 120hz (while it worked) and 60 on the 50" variant (where it still works and I primarily game)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
brownknuckles is offline  
post #64719 of 64743 Old 06-24-2020, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1978 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
FYI the Movies Anywhere app is now on Smartcast. I'm not sure if there's any advantage over Vudu, but it plays Vision and Atmos too.
Casting it before, it only played in HDR10. I didn't notice it this morning. DV support is awesome.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #64720 of 64743 Old 06-24-2020, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,438
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2024 Post(s)
Liked: 1371
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
FYI the Movies Anywhere app is now on Smartcast. I'm not sure if there's any advantage over Vudu, but it plays Vision and Atmos too.
Next to arrive will AppleTV Plus https://www.cnet.com/news/movies-any...-to-vizio-tvs/
naustin is offline  
post #64721 of 64743 Old 06-25-2020, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 50
My P-55 E1 has developed a large blob on the right side. I've noticed it for at least the last couple weeks but it might be getting progressively worse, as it now bothers me to to point that I made a post about it. It's going to be 3 yrs old towards the end of July. Any reason this would be happening? Cause for concern? Would a warranty claim be recommended (Asurion/Walmart)?


d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #64722 of 64743 Old 06-25-2020, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Image did not attach to the last post.


https://i.imgur.com/sj5LUqK.jpg
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #64723 of 64743 Old 06-25-2020, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post
Image did not attach to the last post.


https://i.imgur.com/sj5LUqK.jpg
Seems like some of the backlight LEDs have gone out:/

ShopJimmy has an LED kit, see if your Serial Number falls within its listed compatibility

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
brownknuckles is offline  
post #64724 of 64743 Old 06-26-2020, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,486
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
So its BFI or Black Frame Insertion and originally was at 960 hz, 120 hz.

Was the frequency issue ever pointed out to Vizio? I remember ready comments about it not working, but if its tested at 120 hz and it works, then it works.

So clear action frequency specifics may have gotten it put back to its original form.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
They’re aware of it, I sent them a link explaining exactly what the problem was- I can post the interactions I’ve had with some higher up PR guy if you was. The guy even sent me an unsolicited email once saying they almost had the problem fixed and it was coming in a subsequent firmware update. I posted that email- I think it was around a year ago.

At the end of it all he said the problem never existed and nobody used the feature anyways (I posted that too).

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64725 of 64743 Old 06-29-2020, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
blatz8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I just started a claim with SquareTrade about the Clear Action feature. They said Costco concierge will be handling the "Repair" lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vizio Claim.png
Views:	49
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2750604  
naustin likes this.
blatz8 is offline  
post #64726 of 64743 Old 06-29-2020, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,486
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatz8 View Post
I just started a claim with SquareTrade about the Clear Action feature. They said Costco concierge will be handling the "Repair" lol
Good luck. If you get anywhere I might move on it. I purchased the TV in Dec 2017, and I have a 4yr warranty. Sad that they borked Clear Action not even a year into me owning the TV.

Amex is something else entirely. I'm sure if I filed a claim with them I'd probably get a newer model (refurbed) or the depreciated price of the TV (a few hundred?). I have all the emails from my interactions with the Vizio rep, so it's not like I haven't tried. I even emailed the William Wang (Vizio President). My back is really bad and I'm not sure if it's worth the bother.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64727 of 64743 Old 06-29-2020, 07:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
As he already explained numerous times before, but seems to be ignored by your post is that the feature was working at one point, but was broken after a firmware update. Vizio claimed to have a fix in the works, but has not come to fruition.

Ever since Matt left, the loyalty to customers also went out the door.
You can say that again. I got a Vizio instead of a Samsung or LG because Matt was communicative. I have that new TV itch now, though.
skschatzman likes this.
BucDan is offline  
post #64728 of 64743 Old 06-30-2020, 06:19 AM
Senior Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRivlin View Post
(Side note, I bought a cheapo Hisense last week for the game room, I'm convinced it is better than the P65-C1)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Side Note to your Site Note: I have a 10-year-old 55" Hisense model in my living room. It is still spectacular. If I didn't know it wasn't a 4K, I swear that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
But, I have to admit there are moments with my Vizio P65-e1 that pop my eyes out of my head (ex. Gemini Man 4K 60fps)! It all depends on the material.

-

Have a great day and be kind to each other,
-B
Denon AVR-X4400H AND VIZIO P65-E1
Polk PSW505 and FOCAL Cube subs, Polk RTA 11TL towers anchoring a 7.2.4 Setup, Philips BDP7502 4K/UHD Player, FiOS One Gbps Internet
b5fan001 is offline  
post #64729 of 64743 Old 06-30-2020, 06:35 AM
Senior Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
I have all the emails from my interactions with the Vizio rep, so it's not like I haven't tried. I even emailed the William Wang (Vizio President). My back is really bad and I'm not sure if it's worth the bother.
IN the past with companies, I've found that email doesn't work. Writing a letter and sending it through the USPS mail to the executives (president AND vice-president) of a company has always gotten a response. Three out of the four times I've done this, the letter received a response from the executive office. About half the time, there was a VERY positive result. Sending your issue with supporting documentation through the mail will get a response that email will not. Everyone with the ClearAction Issue, please send mail, but be very positive, with concise short sentences, no coarse language with only negative comments about the issue while remaining positive about the company.


I've sent positive reviews about employees to a couple companies via twitter. One of the employees got company-wide recognition. Didn't follow up with the other.

Just my two cents!

Have a great day and be kind to each other,
-B
Denon AVR-X4400H AND VIZIO P65-E1
Polk PSW505 and FOCAL Cube subs, Polk RTA 11TL towers anchoring a 7.2.4 Setup, Philips BDP7502 4K/UHD Player, FiOS One Gbps Internet
b5fan001 is offline  
post #64730 of 64743 Old 06-30-2020, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SW USA
Posts: 9,797
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked: 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
IN the past with companies, I've found that email doesn't work. Writing a letter and sending it through the USPS mail to the executives (president AND vice-president) of a company has always gotten a response. Three out of the four times I've done this, the letter received a response from the executive office. About half the time, there was a VERY positive result. Sending your issue with supporting documentation through the mail will get a response that email will not. Everyone with the ClearAction Issue, please send mail, but be very positive, with concise short sentences, no coarse language with only negative comments about the issue while remaining positive about the company.

I've sent positive reviews about employees to a couple companies via twitter. One of the employees got company-wide recognition. Didn't follow up with the other.

Just my two cents!
This is true! I did this when I found an insect stuck inside the screen of my P75 and Vizio sent me a brand new TV. I won't do this for the Clear Action matter because I really don't care all that much about getting it on a 4-year old TV.
b5fan001 likes this.

lujan
697 Ultra HD
742 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #64731 of 64743 Old 06-30-2020, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,486
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
IN the past with companies, I've found that email doesn't work. Writing a letter and sending it through the USPS mail to the executives (president AND vice-president) of a company has always gotten a response. Three out of the four times I've done this, the letter received a response from the executive office. About half the time, there was a VERY positive result. Sending your issue with supporting documentation through the mail will get a response that email will not. Everyone with the ClearAction Issue, please send mail, but be very positive, with concise short sentences, no coarse language with only negative comments about the issue while remaining positive about the company.


I've sent positive reviews about employees to a couple companies via twitter. One of the employees got company-wide recognition. Didn't follow up with the other.

Just my two cents!
You do realize it’s the same exact people reading the emails that are reading the snail mail? During the problem with the white flickering line issue (for over the first 6mos) they sent me a free sound bar.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64732 of 64743 Old 07-03-2020, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
d34dl1n3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001;59881552
[B
(ex. Gemini Man 4K 60fps)[/B]

To each their own, but I don't know how anyone could enjoy watching a movie in 60fps. 48 was bad enough when they did it for The Hobbit. And Gemini Man was originally 120fps? Haha. The fact that it's a Will Smith movie doesn't help any either. :P
d34dl1n3r is offline  
post #64733 of 64743 Old 07-03-2020, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SW USA
Posts: 9,797
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked: 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post
To each their own, but I don't know how anyone could enjoy watching a movie in 60fps. 48 was bad enough when they did it for The Hobbit. And Gemini Man was originally 120fps? Haha. The fact that it's a Will Smith movie doesn't help any either. :P
I loved "Gemini Man" in 60fps. I had never seen a movie so crisp and clear before. I also like a lot of Will Smith movies.
b5fan001 likes this.

lujan
697 Ultra HD
742 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #64734 of 64743 Old 07-03-2020, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1978 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post
To each their own, but I don't know how anyone could enjoy watching a movie in 60fps. 48 was bad enough when they did it for The Hobbit. And Gemini Man was originally 120fps? Haha. The fact that it's a Will Smith movie doesn't help any either. :P
I wouldn't mind 30 fps, I enjoyed Gemini Man myself.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #64735 of 64743 Old 07-03-2020, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,438
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2024 Post(s)
Liked: 1371
I see we will be getting SmartCast 4.0 soon. See bottom of linked article.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/vizio-2020-tv-lineup
naustin is offline  
post #64736 of 64743 Old 07-03-2020, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,009
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1978 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I see we will be getting SmartCast 4.0 soon. See bottom of linked article.



https://www.tomsguide.com/news/vizio-2020-tv-lineup
I think it's going to cause some problems, especially if the more frequently used web links aren't updated to support 4.0. Which is I guess is the best route, make sure services like Vudu, Prime, etc have already updated their servers to support 4.0. Then push it to display support.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #64737 of 64743 Old 07-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Wink Don't want to go backward......I want to go ever forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post
To each their own, but I don't know how anyone could enjoy watching a movie in 60fps. 48 was bad enough when they did it for The Hobbit. And Gemini Man was originally 120 fps? Haha. The fact that it's a Will Smith movie doesn't help any either. :P
Well, I suppose it all goes back to the so-called "soap opera effect." The "effect" doesn't bother me at all. Clarity and definition are my goal!

For me, watching grainy old film just isn't something I care for. I don't understand buying the latest display technology, then wanting everything to look like an old 24 fps film*. I want "Hyperreality" not a dull, judder-filled presentation.

But, in the end, it is a matter of taste. Since I discovered in 1982 how much better mono TV sounded when pumped through my hifi, I've been on a quest for the best sound and picture that I could afford (not rich). Incremental steps have led me to 4K HDR and 7.2.4 Atmos at home. I don't want to go back to what I heard and watched pre-1980s. I certainly don't want to watch 1927 technology on a 4K HDR platform.


*Since 1927, the standard frame rate for film has been 24 fps (frames per second). - MPAA

For the record, I am a fan of Will Smith's movies.


-B
blatz8 and DisplayCalNoob like this.

Have a great day and be kind to each other,
-B
Denon AVR-X4400H AND VIZIO P65-E1
Polk PSW505 and FOCAL Cube subs, Polk RTA 11TL towers anchoring a 7.2.4 Setup, Philips BDP7502 4K/UHD Player, FiOS One Gbps Internet
b5fan001 is offline  
post #64738 of 64743 Old 07-06-2020, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
b5fan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
You do realize it’s the same exact people reading the emails that are reading the snail mail? During the problem with the white flickering line issue (for over the first 6mos) they sent me a free sound bar.
I can tell you that from my experience, that is not true in many cases. Sending a complaint email puts the email in the department that does customer relations/support.
When you send mail, it must go to the office it was sent. Many companies' headquarters and the customer support are in different buildings, cities and in some cases, different parts of the country. I can tell you from experience, sending mail to the main office is not the same as an email complaint.

Everyone has a right to believe what they wish.

Have a great day and be kind to each other,
-B
Denon AVR-X4400H AND VIZIO P65-E1
Polk PSW505 and FOCAL Cube subs, Polk RTA 11TL towers anchoring a 7.2.4 Setup, Philips BDP7502 4K/UHD Player, FiOS One Gbps Internet
b5fan001 is offline  
post #64739 of 64743 Old 07-06-2020, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,486
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post
I can tell you that from my experience, that is not true in many cases. Sending a complaint email puts the email in the department that does customer relations/support.
When you send mail, it must go to the office it was sent. Many companies' headquarters and the customer support are in different buildings, cities and in some cases, different parts of the country. I can tell you from experience, sending mail to the main office is not the same as an email complaint.

Everyone has a right to believe what they wish.
I’m telling you in this case it is because I’ve dealt with them quite a few times over the years.

Oh, and I’ll believe what I want, yes- and it’s nice when people aren’t being jerks about it.
b5fan001 likes this.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #64740 of 64743 Old 07-11-2020, 10:09 AM
Member
 
mtthwgrms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthwgrms View Post
New boards from TV Parts Today arrived about half an hour ago.
I tried the power board first but no change so I swapped in the main board and it's good!
I decided for this price I'll leave both the boards in rather than chancing that my power board is what damaged the main board.


Thanks again.

4 months later and I'm having issues again. Yesterday I had to fight to get the TV to turn on successfully, happening again this morning.
I'm done, off to shop for a new set ;/
mtthwgrms is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off