Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 408 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288681Likes

post #12211 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageMcRamage View Post
My apologies if this has been asked before I looked a bit and didn't find an answer:

I run my playstation 4 through an onkyo tx-nr 737, should I still use input 5 on the Vizio for the best response time? Or should I plug the playstation directly into input 5 and use SPDIF for audio to the receiver?

I have been gaming on a M65-C1 with the PS 4 hooked up to the receiver and have noticed no real lag or other issues.

Thanks!
If I were you and you're not having any issues I would just rock on. But if the curiosity is killing you to know and it not a PITA to experiment. Then experiment and let us know what you think.
DamageMcRamage likes this.

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12212 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone looking at the NBA game between the Heat and Raptors? It]s picture quality like what I am seeing on my P75 that says I made the right purchase it looks amazing. I hope the HDR10 comes soon.........
Patrick Randall likes this.
post #12213 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chukronos View Post
Who knows how many sales best buy has cost vizio, in regards to the P series. Vizio marketing made a terrible mistake when they inked that deal. The best buy near me won't even turn the TV on. Said they don't have anything to hook it up to at the moment. But, they really wanted me to check out the new $8K LG OLED.
It really is mind-boggling. At least my local BB had some in-stock, availability has been an issue for many areas. It'll get better once Vizio builds up some stock and can sell them everywhere. That's crazy they won't even turn it on though, they really aren't prepared to sell this display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Everyone's personal preference is that much different. There are basically an infinite number of ways one can set up the different devices and set up their rooms. This doesn't even take into factor ones eyesight. You find what works for you and go with it.
It absolutely makes sense. To me, though, the contrast is so low when my backlight is set that low (its not just a brightness issue). The picture doesn't even look good, just gray-ish...it doesn't seem watch-able at that level. I guess eveyones setup and eyesight, etc is just that different. As long as I am happy with my tv and everyone else finds settings that work for them, it is a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEXXX View Post
I would recommend any of the LG 4K demos or any of the Sony 4K demos in YouTube for demonstration purposes; properly set up, this TV murders all those demos stone-cold dead.
I also like costa rica 4k! If you have a chance, check out Moving Art in 4k on netflix. Looks awesome. The flowers episode really pops on this TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmikew View Post
Lots of discussion here about poorly setup P series sets and incompetent sales people at BB. While I'm sure that there are plenty of incompetent sales people, I would guess that there are also some of the usual annoying and manipulative sales tactics being employed.

It's to their advantage to use a simple "good," "better," and "best" comparison, along with with escalating prices, to promote the higher priced and higher margin units. This tactic falls apart if the "best" performing set is the least expensive. Using a combination of different source materials, along with some creative setting tweaks, it is easy to confuse customers and push them toward the most expensive or highest margin set.

I just avoid the annoying tactics in the same way that I buy new cars. Buy online, have it delivered, and send it back if it sucks. The day after the set was announced I placed a BB order at the nearest warehouse and received it the next day. After six weeks ownership I'm still really impressed by how much better it looks compared to my perfectly calibrated old Kuro plasma.
A lot of it does come down to corporate culture/policy. Combined with the fact that the TV is so new, they are just not prepared yet to sell this TV. When you add in the lower margins on Vizio sets, its not a priority for them. (This is why I have mentioned that I am surprised at Vizio for making a poor choice for a BB exclusive) I would have purchased directly from Vizio, but I wanted to take it home myself. At least I was able to snag one and have been very happy with my purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12214 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 2268
Quote:
It's to their advantage to use a simple "good," "better," and "best" comparison, along with with escalating prices, to promote the higher priced and higher margin units. This tactic falls apart if the "best" performing set is the least expensive. Using a combination of different source materials, along with some creative setting tweaks, it is easy to confuse customers and push them toward the most expensive or highest margin set.
So are you saying that Vizio has absolutely nothing to do with the LEGO loop that's running on their sets in many of the BB stores? If that's the case, then one must also assume that Vizio salespersons never frequent the very stores that they place their displays in (for if they did, they would surely ask BB why they are assigning the worst demo to their display).
tampabayrays likes this.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
post #12215 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2988 Post(s)
Liked: 2832
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
Once again you misunderstood my post. I have been wanting to see the Vizio P-Series "up close and personal" ever since they came out, for I am seriously considering getting the 75" (you can check my post history to confirm this). I was NOT expecting to see an set up at BB, and I was NOT going to judge my purchase based on what I saw in the store, but I WAS surprised to see just how bad their demo was. Why didn't Vizio give BB a decent 4K loop to run like Sony and LG did? Beats me, but for the "average Joe" out there they would never pick the Vizio based on their comparing demos.

As far as making a remark about how good the Sony and LG demos looked; I stand by that statement. They did look good; in fact, they looked amazing. Blacks levels on both were stellar! What made the difference between them and the Vizio? The demos that were used. So again, Vizio is shooting themselves in the foot by giving BB one of the worst demos I've ever seen in a B&M store.

Is ok and I apologize if I misunderstand , Here is the disadvantage of vizio in the show room , No artificial enhancements settings to attract peoples eyes plus the screen doesn't have the dark coating that fool our eyes into believe that the display have deep black levels ,Many of us know that to truly test back levels it have to be done in a totally dark environment.also the lack of demos that are also made to trick the eyes. Demos with artificial boosted blacks , boosted sharpness and boosted colors.

here a list of those artificial enhancements that will on in store torch mode.

Sony

live color

black adjust

advance contrast enhancer

reality creation

resolution

mastered in 4k

not sure If I missed another one.

samsung

Dynamic contrast

Black tone

flesh tone

Any calibrator will not use any of those enhanments because it makes the image inaccurate.

Last edited by losservatore; 05-15-2016 at 04:02 PM.
post #12216 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
My apologies if this has been asked before I looked a bit and didn't find an answer:

I run my playstation 4 through an onkyo tx-nr 737, should I still use input 5 on the Vizio for the best response time? Or should I plug the playstation directly into input 5 and use SPDIF for audio to the receiver?

I have been gaming on a M65-C1 with the PS 4 hooked up to the receiver and have noticed no real lag or other issues.

Thanks!
On the PS4 Dead Star on the tutorial for the campaign is where I went to see what settings I liked. When circling the station and the interact text pops up, I want to be able to read it without blur. Also the circling ship shouldn't look like it is studdering as it circles. Unfortunately with GLL/CA mode on I can't stand how poorly the motion is handled. I ended up using Reduce Judder 1 and Reduce Motion 7 to get the motion to be at at acceptable state for me.

I did notice a slight increase in input lag when using these settings though, so using HDMI 5 to get a little reduced lag was a help to me.

I don't know of any good tests to really measure input lag since its probably something in the sub 100ms range but its something that is noticeable. For me it was slamming the stick in the opposite direction of the ship. With GLL on when I heard the stick hit, my ship was facing that direction. With the motion correction on the ship would still be rotating when I heard it hit. I could also tell a difference when firing the guns but that was more of a visual correlation vs having the sound in my other test to help make the correlation.
tampabayrays likes this.
post #12217 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
After six weeks ownership I'm still really impressed by how much better it looks compared to my perfectly calibrated old Kuro plasma.
After reading your post, I'm not going to bother you with the great bridge deal I offered the poster who bought (reported with a straight face) the line that BB was required by Vizio to show only the store LEGO loop on the P-Series sets from Vizio.

We don't have the space to bring in the Vizio P65 next to our old Kuro which was calibrated two years ago, after a dead main board, by D-Nice.

I wouldn't mind buying the P65 from a local Costco. There are never any salesmen around, and they never try to make one brand stand out over another brand.
tampabayrays likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #12218 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
So are you saying that Vizio has absolutely nothing to do with the LEGO loop that's running on their sets in many of the BB stores? If that's the case, then one must also assume that Vizio salespersons never frequent the very stores that they place their displays in (for if they did, they would surely ask BB why they are assigning the worst demo to their display).
Yes. That's right. In our area I've never seen the 2016 P-Series running the LEGO loop.

The LEGO loop runs in banks of displays that I've seen in BB stores. Vizio, through Matt, announced that they were getting people into the field a few weeks ago with their own demo.

As I pointed out earlier, one of the two stores where I was able to see a P75, it was running the same signal as all the other sets in the Magnolia area of the store. They were running "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and my wife, who has never paid the least bit of attention to PQ, made me rent the movie after watching it on the P75. I had to drag her out of the store. She thought the Sony next to the Vizio was "washed out." I didn't like either one the way they were set up. That was a month ago before Vizio had started sending reps out to BB stores.

The P65 in the BB area of a different store had a USB thumb drive in it with Vizio's actual demo on it. Their demo is as gorgeous and meaningless as any LG, Sony, or Samsung demo that I've ever seen. The thing was that I had to ask to see anything at all on that set.

I have no idea how many people Vizio has to do setups at BB stores. They don't seem to have been in that part of the marketing game prior to the 2016 P-Series.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:

Last edited by htwaits; 05-15-2016 at 03:47 PM.
post #12219 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachima View Post
On the PS4 Dead Star on the tutorial for the campaign is where I went to see what settings I liked. When circling the station and the interact text pops up, I want to be able to read it without blur. Also the circling ship shouldn't look like it is studdering as it circles. Unfortunately with GLL/CA mode on I can't stand how poorly the motion is handled. I ended up using Reduce Judder 1 and Reduce Motion 7 to get the motion to be at at acceptable state for me.

I did notice a slight increase in input lag when using these settings though, so using HDMI 5 to get a little reduced lag was a help to me.

I don't know of any good tests to really measure input lag since its probably something in the sub 100ms range but its something that is noticeable. For me it was slamming the stick in the opposite direction of the ship. With GLL on when I heard the stick hit, my ship was facing that direction. With the motion correction on the ship would still be rotating when I heard it hit. I could also tell a difference when firing the guns but that was more of a visual correlation vs having the sound in my other test to help make the correlation.
Wow, you really pay attention. I am bothered by lip sync issues but so far with gaming; not so much. To be honest, when I get the TV I'll probably just hook it up the way I have it now and not even notice anything unusual.

I like Ice Cream!
post #12220 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Yes. That's right. In our area I've never seen the 2016 P-Series running the LEGO loop.

The LEGO loop runs in banks of displays that I've seen in BB stores. Vizio, through Matt, announced that they were getting people into the field a few weeks ago with their own demo.

As I pointed out earlier, one of the two stores where I was able to see a P75, it was running the same signal as all the other sets in the Magnolia area of the store. They were running "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and my wife, who has never paid the least bit of attention to PQ, made me rent the movie after watching it on the P75. I had to drag her out of the store. She thought the Sony next to the Vizio was "washed out." I didn't like either one the way they were set up. That was a month ago before Vizio had started sending reps out to BB stores.

The P65 in the BB area of a different store had a USB thumb drive in it with Vizio's actual demo on it. Their demo is as gorgeous and meaningless as any LG, Sony, or Samsung demo that I've ever seen. The thing was that I had to ask to see anything at all on that set.

I have no idea how many people Vizio has to do setups at BB stores. They don't seem to have been in that part of the marketing game prior to the 2016 P-Series.
"Live" marketing would really work for vizio at the moment .
A couple of stickers on the screen displaying select quotes from the r-tints and cnet reviews would work better than any half-assed loop running through a set .

Best Buy wouldn't like it one bit though
The best the salesmen could then do would be to dismiss the review websites and hope the punter buys there and then , but I guess most would try to remember the names then go home to look at the reviews online and would then come to the conclusion they couldn't trust the bestbuy rep ....

If you don't trust the employees , you can't trust the company ...

Like auto manufacturers do , vizio need to get strait in the stores and cash-in on the reviews rather than wait til the end of the year

Another option that would work with bestbuy would be a joint-deal with monster .
" Get $5 off a monster HDMI lead when you buy a new vizio !!! "
That would keep the salesmen happy and the customers that NEED a monster cable happy .....

It would only be guys like me that would question bestbuy on why a $xxxx.xx tv will only work properly if I also buy a $xx.xx cable ....

Last edited by Ian c2; 05-15-2016 at 04:03 PM.
post #12221 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Question DLNA Streaming vs Casting...Ease and quality

Is there anyone who is using DLNA to stream and/or Cast content from their home PC??? How does the tv handle various video files such as .mkv, .avi, .mpg, etc? Just curious the difference in quality of streaming via DLNA vs Casting from tablet (possibly from PC). Lastly any difference in picture quality or any buffering or connectivity issues?
Golf Nut likes this.
post #12222 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Just for people that are wondering......I actually just went through orientation at BB and didn't end up working there. I can tell you that although they are not on commission they have to sell 450$ or so and hour to be considered doing a good job....they also get really good discounts on brands (like half off) for recommending the products they buy with the discount......a guy got the 65inch LG OLED for 2500. He also said Vizio doesn't offer deals like that to employees......
post #12223 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
Just for people that are wondering......I actually just went through orientation at BB and didn't end up working there. I can tell you that although they are not on commission they have to sell 450$ or so and hour to be considered doing a good job....they also get really good discounts on brands (like half off) for recommending the products they buy with the discount......a guy got the 65inch LG OLED for 2500. He also said Vizio doesn't offer deals like that to employees......
How could they?

When you look for help at BB you get what you pay for in kickbacks. BB was where plasma died from the same sales approach. Redirected sales by manipulation. Monster cables or bust.
Golf Nut likes this.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
post #12224 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Hi P-series owners. I will be purchasing one soon.

I would like to use my Harmony 650 remote with it. I anyone currently doing that? If so, how is it working?

Thanks.
post #12225 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

How do they track how much you have sold ?
They "help" you decide on the product , then off you go to the cashier ....
post #12226 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngs428 View Post
Hi P-series owners. I will be purchasing one soon.

I would like to use my Harmony 650 remote with it. I anyone currently doing that? If so, how is it working?

Thanks.
works fine. you can do just about everything besides change settings. there are side buttons for netflix and vudu, you can pause and play when casting those apps. eliminates the small remote. still need the tablet for casting and changing settings though.but yea, its integrated.

Last edited by Patrick Randall; 05-15-2016 at 04:50 PM.
post #12227 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It just goes to show you the mark ups on these tv's. Vizio never played that game, they have always come in with a MSRP that's not inflated, and then discount it so you feel you got a deal.

Living Room Sam. UN65KS8000 / 2017 Roku Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ920 7.2.4 / M-5010 Amp. /Sam. UBD-M8500 Blu-Ray Player.
DEN TCL 65R617 65-Inch 4K Ultra / Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.2.4 / Philips 4K UHD Dolby Vision Player (P7502) BEDROOM Sam. 55JS8500 / 2016 Roku Ultra / LG UP870 3D Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray 4K Player
post #12228 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Another question for the P series owners:

Am I correct in understanding that this TV, or the tablet that controls it, does not have the Amazon Prime app? If this is true, how do you stream Prime content that has HDR? What sort of device or workaround do you use? I noticed the Roku 4 also does not support HDR.
Golf Nut likes this.

I like Ice Cream!
post #12229 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi -

New to the forum. Trying to read as much as possible. Lots of pages to go through. I have the 2016 P Series 55". Started with the 50" and returned it for the 55". I can definitely tell a difference in the contrast with the IPS panel but still looks pretty fantastic.

Couple questions I'm sure were addressed here already. If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction that would be helpful.

*First, I tried to copy the calibration settings on the first page of this thread on Calibrated Dark. I did this during a Vudu 4k HDR film I was watching that I learned shortly after wasn't the best time to make any adjustments. Should I reset the TV back to factory settings and restart?

*Second, I'm getting a pretty grainy/noisy picture. I thought it was only on blu-rays - which was helped dramatically using the noise reduction settings. However these settings don't appear to be available when casting content. The 4k HDR content really has a lot of noise. Any ideas as to how to correct this?

Again - if this is already referenced throughout this thread or elsewhere please let me know.

Thanks!
post #12230 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Another question for the P series owners:

Am I correct in understanding that this TV, or the tablet that controls it, does not have the Amazon Prime app? If this is true, how do you stream Prime content that has HDR? What sort of device or workaround do you use? I noticed the Roku 4 also does not support HDR.
You can use the Samsung K8500 UHD Blu-Ray player my amazon prime app was just update to play HDR
buju22 likes this.

post #12231 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
You can use the Samsung K8500 UHD Blu-Ray player my amazon prime app was just update to play HDR
Thanks, I didn't realize that was an option. I'll probably be purchasing that player when the promised update for hdr10 comes.

Any cheaper alternatives in the interim?
bargervais likes this.

I like Ice Cream!
post #12232 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
works fine. you can do just about everything besides change settings. there are side buttons for netflix and vudu, you can pause and play when casting those apps. eliminates the small remote. still need the tablet for casting and changing settings though.but yea, its integrated.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like it works like I thought it would.
post #12233 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
It just goes to show you the mark ups on these tv's. Vizio never played that game, they have always come in with a MSRP that's not inflated, and then discount it so you feel you got a deal.
Went to my local BB and it was disgusting. Sales reps were insisting on me buying a different tv and saying all kinds of horrible things about Vizio. Like how they only sold one of them last week and that one was returned. And of course how other brands offered much better tv and Vizio is just a bargain brand.
One of the reps was trying to prove to me that 930 is a FALD set. They also told me not to believe anything I see about Vizio on the internet, lol. I left without buying anything.
I really wish Vizio chose a different retail partner , I hate dealing with BB.

How is experience ordering Vizio P from BB.com ? I don't really want to expose myself to this salesm bs again.
post #12234 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 28
It's unfortunate for Vizio that BB isn't giving Vizio the respect and attention it deserves. When I bought my P50 in early April they had none on the floor and didn't even realize they had them in stock. I told them they did and they went in the back and got it for me. The salesman asked me why I wasn't getting a Samsung. I told him I had already done rye research and to please just go get the tv. So he did. To this day they STILL don't have a p series on display at my local store.
tampabayrays likes this.
post #12235 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekojutsu View Post
Went to my local BB and it was disgusting. Sales reps were insisting on me buying a different tv and saying all kinds of horrible things about Vizio. Like how they only sold one of them last week and that one was returned. And of course how other brands offered much better tv and Vizio is just a bargain brand.
One of the reps was trying to prove to me that 930 is a FALD set. They also told me not to believe anything I see about Vizio on the internet, lol. I left without buying anything.

How is experience ordering Vizio P from BB.com ? I don't really want to expose myself to this salesm bs again.
If you're not in a big hurry, there will be other places to buy the P-Series.
bargervais likes this.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
post #12236 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Ridiculous. Such a shame for vizio. Many have had success with online ordering from BB. A few have complained about rough handling delivery men, but BB will deliver a new one if you have problems with the set. A lot of the stores won't report having any in stock if you check online. Something about it automatically is reported out of stock if they have less than the minimum stock number. But many stores have 1 or 2 in the back. You have to call and ask. You can also order from the vizio website and not deal with BB at all. I think I remember reading about a new production run finishing up about now, so hopefully you wont have to wait as long for delivery. All of my local BB stores said 1-2 weeks for delivery, but I found one at my local BB last week and took it home the same day.
post #12237 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 38
No stores in my area have the P65 or P75 in stock. It seems to me they are selling as fast as they can produce them despite BB's efforts.
If they were setup in stores w proper displays to compete w Sony, LG, and Sam....we may have a much longer wait.
post #12238 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Why couldn't you just buy it? Why didn't you just tell the guy, "give me the vizio, I don't want any other tv?" lol
post #12239 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Off topic ,
But Debbie decided to give her beetle to her daughter and as she's doing more miles now , her Boxster isn't economical or practical enough as a commuter car .

She wanted a new car and narrowed the choices down to a Honda Fit or Ford Fiesta .

We went to ford first .
No pressure , and gave us spec. Figures and finance figures on a new fiesta .
Then we went to Honda ...

Typical salesman bs .
I showed him a printout showing my company fleet discount price . He didn't even look at it but said they couldn't match it .
I then showed him the printout price from their internet sales manager .... He could match that one , and quickly re-scribbled his figures .
The one he agreed to was less !!

I got a little anoyed with the amateur psychology and said to the closers " you won't sell us the car , the specs and cash figures will " ...

Yet still they carried on , even trying the age-old "getting the sales manager technique"

It was like being trapped in an elevator with a Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman

We left and bought a ford the next day ....

Moral of the story ?

There isn't one , I'm just rambling on the Internet .
But I did buy my p65 direct from vizio before bestbuy even had it on the floor
Furyus and a61688 like this.

Last edited by Ian c2; 05-16-2016 at 04:50 AM.
post #12240 of 64594 Old 05-15-2016, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I think one of the things we can do is make sure you share your experience with best buy by writing a detailed review of the tv like I did on best buys website. I got my p75 from best buy and I returned a Sony 850c to get it. The best buy associate who helped me do the return wasn't to enthusiastic when I said I wanted the vizio. He didn't say anything but his body language and facial expressions said it all. It was my 3rd Sony that I returned. I too wasn't very impressed with the demo that was playing on the p75 at best buy but I bought it anyways based on reviews and what I've read on here. In my review I warned people not to go off of what they see in the store. I think giving a detailed review of the tv can really help people out. I think a lot of people have a general idea of what size tv they are looking to buy before they go to the store and with vizios competitive pricing I'm sure a lot of people look at them to see how other people have liked them. Just a thought.
tampabayrays likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page