Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 460 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288526Likes

post #13771 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious00 View Post
So my local BB just delivered my new P75 TV and I'm loving it so far. The only issue I'm having is that I'm not convinced my USB ports (both) are working properly.

I've read as many posts on here as I can find and from what I've gathered the TV is supposed to play H.265 encoded files as soon as you plug a USB stick into one of the ports.

I've downloaded as many different H.265 encoded files as I can grab (mkv's, mp4's) and I've put them on multiple USB drives of different capacities and formats (NTFS and FAT). And I've yet to get the set to play any of these files. Nor can I find exactly what the right way of playing them is. I don't see anything in the manual about playing USB files and I don't see anything in the settings about playing files on USB. So I've tried every input and have inserted the USB and I get nothing. And yes, I'm running the latest firmware. I also tried to see if it would show some pics (jpg) files and nothing. However I can see that the USB ports are powering because some of my USB drives have lights and they are lighting-up when inserted.

Has anyone successfully viewed any pics or videos from a USB stick on this set? If so, how did you do it?
The USB drive does have to be formatted correctly, and the video files of the correct type. They will then auto play, you have no control over it. I don't remember the details, you'll need to search the thread for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13772 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Post 3514 had some details. Videos need to be in an MP4 container. I would guess format needs to be Fat32 since that is most common.
post #13773 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedgimp View Post
No I don't and I toggled cec on/off on the tv and directv to test if that was the issue and it still happens regardless.
I had an issue that could be the same, I would lose both audio and video, but only when it was on for the first 5 minutes or so, and only on any HDMI input. If yours occurs only on HDMI it could be the same, does it happen on the cast input? Vizio sent a tech out to swap the main board on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13774 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The firmware update didn't fix my ethernet connection problem. I blame my router (Motorola SBG6580), but I was hoping this update would fix it. Oh well, time for a new router.
post #13775 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Think about what it would do if every person who is an owner posts that they bought direct from Vizio and comments about the experience?

On paper the Vizio return policy isn't as good as BB if you just change your mind, but in reality they have worked hard to help customers with trouble including sending out techs and exchanging sets.

Through Vizio there is a wait period before shipping but their information seems to be fairly reliable. You can pick one up yourself at BB if you are lucky, but there can be ambiguous information at BB's web site and in their stores.

To know how many have ordered through VIZIO you could do a search in this thread on the word Vizio, and divide the number of hits by three or something like that.

"How many of you ... ?" questions don't seem to work.
htwaits and Furyus like this.
post #13776 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
@Matt McRae it's still not fixed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
So disappointing. I think many people just don't notice it because it takes a specific situation (cold start, fast pace) and the line itself is translucent so it may be easy to pass by. I don't know what they did to try and address the screen tearing but this problem looks like it's going to be a lot harder to eliminate then we might have hoped.
post #13777 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Wadian View Post
I bought my P65-C1 on April 12th and had no problems (not even yellow banding) at all until today when the entire screen was tearing. So after cycling the power and trying a factory reset, I contacted Vizio and have a new display coming in the next 7-10 days.

But now, after having the display off for about an hour, I turned it back on and there's no screen tearing anymore at all. I'm still going to get the new replacement, but i'm worried that it'll have the yellow banding problem that many people seem to have. Like I said mine has no yellow banding.

Are any of you familiar with the tearing problem and should I worry about the replacement having yellow banding?

Thoughts? Opinions?
The screen tearing is an intermittent problem that probably has always been there. Many people just don't notice it because it requires a certain set of circumstances to present itself. I exchanged a set and the replacement had the exact same issues. I believe the problem is way more widespread. As of now, the only way to get rid of it is to let the TV warm up for 10 minutes and then power cycle. It will disappear as long as the TV is on.
shoman94 likes this.
post #13778 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
We might have spoken to the same guy cozmogeek. He was very helpful and the nice thing was it was against the wall next to the Sony I'm looking at too. It was a nice change from them being stacked next to the LG OLED's display. I definitely agree that is a big mistake in showcasing the Vizio's next to them. Anyway, looks like I'm all caught up on current events. Nothing new. Now I just need to be patient or pick up one of the runner ups. I'm not ready to give my money to Best Buy and eventually they will hit and the price might go down. Appreciate those that have given me useful information in the forum.
post #13779 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I have no stutter. But that scene itself is clearly weird as it is. There are parts of it that have what almost looks like stutter but are actually in the video no matter what you watch it on. But when I just cast it there is no stutter introduced from the tv.
There's no stutter if I watch it from my computer with [email protected] There's very clear stutter though when I cast it, almost as if the background is a slideshow. But that could entirely have to do with the way the movie was filmed/animated and then interacting with reduce judder and reduce motion blur.
post #13780 of 64217 Old 05-24-2016, 11:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5073 Post(s)
Liked: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrarnold4385 View Post
Still haven't gotten the update. Could someone with the update please watch Tears of Steel on YouTube via Cast starting at 4:28 and tell me if you see insane stutter? https://youtu.be/bjYbA1bWjeE?t=268

I'm wondering how much the new update actually fixed and how much is just due to reduce judder/reduce motion.
Wow... weird video...lol. No studder

Quote:
I've read all of Matt McRae's posts today and don't remember him bringing up screen uniformity. Do and advanced user name only search and you can double check his posts in less than ten minutes.
I posted after asking if it was included and he said yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #13781 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
The screen tearing is an intermittent problem that probably has always been there. Many people just don't notice it because it requires a certain set of circumstances to present itself. I exchanged a set and the replacement had the exact same issues. I believe the problem is way more widespread. As of now, the only way to get rid of it is to let the TV warm up for 10 minutes and then power cycle. It will disappear as long as the TV is on.
As you can see in my photos my screen problem was certainly noticeable. I'd never had a problem at all before and it came out of nowhere. But then after being off for about an hour and turning it back on the picture has been fine. I've already contacted Vizio for a replacement.
I'd like to know how such a serious looking problem could come out of nowhere and then go away? I'm also worried that my replacement display will have the yellow banding problem. I did have the option of a repair and i'm wondering if i should take it. Because then I might keep the same screen and not have to worry about the yellow banding.

Also have anyone else had screen problems as bad as in my photos?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	1458746   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	1458754  
post #13782 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2987 Post(s)
Liked: 2830
Quote:
As you can see in my photos my screen problem was certainly noticeable. I'd never had a problem at all before and it came out of nowhere. But then after being off for about an hour and turning it back on the picture has been fine. I've already contacted Vizio for a replacement.
I'd like to know how such a serious looking problem could come out of nowhere and then go away? I'm also worried that my replacement display will have the yellow banding problem. I did have the option of a repair and i'm wondering if i should take it. Because then I might keep the same screen and not have to worry about the yellow banding.

See if it get fix with a board replacement ,you have one year of warranty . They are also replacing the whole units brand new without any trouble.

Try the option 1 first.

Good luck!

Last edited by losservatore; 05-25-2016 at 12:29 AM.
post #13783 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, that's not screen tearing. I would look for a new replacement if it were me.
post #13784 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Which is why slow roll outs are used.
I think its done to insure that the DL isn't corrupt. Which would brick the set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlysmith View Post
No, I do not have audio sync issues between avr and video(gpu). My gpu when connected to denon 2112 via hdmi(sound and video on one cable) will only show 1080p 60fps. Utilizing display port 1.2 adapter-hdmi 2.0 cable- vizio p results in 1080p 120fps and 4k @ 60fps. You will need to use rgb mode on tablet in picture options. If using auto or xbyr whatever its called results in black crush. Rgb only option but looks fantastic... On a side note only audio issues I have with my denon is while casting. I can only use pcm. All other options result in the squirrel noise. Yes cec and hdmi control is on both fronts...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #13785 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I posted after asking if it was included and he said yes.
Good news.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #13786 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone using this as a monitor (P55) ?

Playing back 4K movies (Via VLC or MPC) will make the screen go black, just curious if this is happening to anybody else.

Thanks
post #13787 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:50 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat View Post
I think its done to insure that the DL isn't corrupt. Which would brick the set.
Right. That too.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #13788 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickcheneyx View Post
Anyone using this as a monitor (P55) ?

Playing back 4K movies (Via VLC or MPC) will make the screen go black, just curious if this is happening to anybody else.

Thanks
Do you have subsampling for that HDMI port turned on?

post #13789 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Do you have subsampling for that HDMI port turned on?

Yes i have tried with or without still cuts to black screen when i press play. Afterwards i have to kill the process then powercycle the TV.
post #13790 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Yes i have tried with or without still cuts to black screen when i press play. Afterwards i have to kill the process then powercycle the TV.
Sounds like a handshake issue. Try turning off cec or arc maybe both altogether just to check. If you using a receiver also try pass through.

post #13791 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 01:03 AM

I was having that issue and put the supplied vizio HDMI cord on HDMI 1 and problem was solved. Guess my 5yr old cord wasn't good enough .lol

post #13792 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
I was having that issue and put the supplied vizio HDMI cord on HDMI 1 and problem was solved. Guess my 5yr old cord wasn't good enough .lol

So its an HDMI-5 issue ? i plugged into HDMI 1 & 2 and it works fine. Really hope i can figure something out dont want to have to switch HDMI ports every time i want to play a game @ 120hz.

Thanks for the help btw jopat
post #13793 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 AM

Yes it can be, sorry I didn't mention that. 5 doesn't support 444 chroma and other formats. You'll still get low lag on other ports with gll on. I'm using HDMI 1 with gll and I'm not noticing it. Stated on ratings.com it's below 30 which is lower than most TVs

post #13794 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
So its an HDMI-5 issue ? i plugged into HDMI 1 & 2 and it works fine. Really hope i can figure something out dont want to have to switch HDMI ports every time i want to play a game @ 120hz.

Thanks for the help btw jopat
What video card are you using? I was having the same problem originally with my PC on HMDI 5. After I changed some settings from my GTX 960 the problem went away.
post #13795 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrarnold4385 View Post
What video card are you using? I was having the same problem originally with my PC on HMDI 5. After I changed some settings from my GTX 960 the problem went away.

980ti, What settings did you change ?

Yea the input lag isn't that bad on HDMI-5 but i definitely notice it for CSGO and BF4 on any other port and coming from a PG279Q (2ms/144hz) its super noticeable...#firstworldproblems
post #13796 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
I was thinking about this earlier today. I was wondering why didn't Episode VII show the lip-sync issue? I might have played it on my PS4, whereas Arrow (and now Rick and Morty) showcase the sync problem on my Xbox One with 24Hz.

Clearly we know the issue lies with the P series, but is it an incompatiblity with the players or the discs? Suterusu, did you have any blu-rays that worked fine in 24Hz?

I know the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray has the same lip sync issue in 24Hz, but that, from what I can remember, is definitely an issue with the disc.
Are you passing the 24hz signal through an AVR? Please contact Vizio Support to report the problem. I opened a support ticket with them a couple weeks ago.

Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570

Last edited by NeronetFi; 05-25-2016 at 03:39 AM.
post #13797 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5073 Post(s)
Liked: 3583
Quote:
Good news.
Except it's not fixed.... Whatever they did, didn't work.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #13798 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 04:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyus View Post
It is the SB3831. Is this not the new one? Looks like it is shown as "coming soon" on the Vizio website. I walked into the Maplewood store today when I had a spare 30 minutes and ran across it - and a very upbeat blue shirt who raved about Vizio. They have all three models with the 75 in the Magnolia section playing actual 4K content. Looked very good.
I think the new Smartcast has the slim subwoofer.

post #13799 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlysmith View Post
No, I do not have audio sync issues between avr and video(gpu). My gpu when connected to denon 2112 via hdmi(sound and video on one cable) will only show 1080p 60fps. Utilizing display port 1.2 adapter-hdmi 2.0 cable- vizio p results in 1080p 120fps and 4k @ 60fps. You will need to use rgb mode on tablet in picture options. If using auto or xbyr whatever its called results in black crush. Rgb only option but looks fantastic... On a side note only audio issues I have with my denon is while casting. I can only use pcm. All other options result in the squirrel noise. Yes cec and hdmi control is on both fronts...
Ok, thanks for the info. I guess my next question would be, if I get an AVR that can pass through 1080p120 and 4k60, should I just do the AVR to HDMI5 or is there some other benefit to using the display port directly to HDMI5 and using the HDMI output on the card to the AVR just for audio? Then I would send the rest of my sources from the AVR to say HDMI4 for bluray, cable, etc.? I know the HDMI inputs have different specifications on the TV HDMI 1-4 vs HDMI5. I have a P75-C1 on order and i'm trying to get my setup ready for when it arrives.
The_Donster likes this.
post #13800 of 64217 Old 05-25-2016, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
This may have already been posted and I overlooked it, but I was browsing the verge and saw a new review:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/19/11...le-cast-review
The_Donster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page