Originally Posted by JollyGood
Did you get it?? I'm hoping for a couple more positive reviews on the 55" before I purchase/try one in two weeks when I return from vacation.
Initial thoughts on the P55.
Picture. keep in mind I haven't calibrated anything yet.
- Regular Cable TV is great in my opinion very please with standard broadcasts.
- NETFLIX UHD content looks wonderful still getting used to the deep dark blacks as I never owned such a high end TV.
- Youtube 4k videos looks great and I was very pleased - not totally blown away but very pleased.
- Had a chance to watch the Pens hockey game on Tuesday and was pleased with what I saw, still think I need to tweak the settings to get what I want. Recorded a football game from last year off of the NFL network and I was very upset to see a lot of motion blur practically when the ball is thrown. My other Samsung tv (3 years old) does the same thing and its really annoys me, hoping some tweak to the settings will limit this.
- Haven't had a chance to stream a UHD movie yet. They have some free 10 min content on there but for some reason I cant cast the free preview, anyone else have that problem?
Vizio Tablet Remote
- Im getting used to it and warming up to it. The casting feature is very cool and I haven't programed my cable remote to work with the TV controls yet but once I do I feel like it will be a lot better
- However, what happens if the tablet breaks? Can you buy just the tablet and does anyone know how much that costs. Didn't think of this until I was using the tablet but its a pretty big downfall if you have to pay a good amount of money to get a new one.
Overall - You are looking at a very happy customer you cant beat the quality and price.