Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 468 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288502Likes

post #14011 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
My receiver does have that. This issue only occurs with this Vizio. I have zero problems with my Kuro Elite Pro-111FD or with a Hitachi RP HDTV that preceded the Pioneer.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...s/VSX-1018AH-K
It is as if the lip sync setting does nothing with 24hz signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14012 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
It is as if the lip sync setting does nothing with 24hz signals.
I'm not having the problem with blue rays on an older Samsung player. I've played several movies and all lips are in sync. Just YouTube casting. I assume is my vsx-1130k doing this,haven't hooked it up directly though I must say...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by jopat; 05-26-2016 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Add
post #14013 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeronetFi View Post
Yes set the Tivo to only output 1080P (60 fps). I do not believe this is a Tivo only issue because I have the same issue when I set my LG BD50 BR player to 24hz. You might not be experiencing the issue with your Sony BR player because it is much newer than my BR from 2010. Though I only got my AVR last year, I might sell it later this year and purchase a newer model with HDCP 2.2 support.

To check the Vertical Frequency follow the steps that @DJ Lushious provided in their reply.
I have my Tivo set to include 1080/24. That way it plays 24hz content when available.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14014 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGood View Post
Did you get it?? I'm hoping for a couple more positive reviews on the 55" before I purchase/try one in two weeks when I return from vacation.

Initial thoughts on the P55.

Picture. keep in mind I haven't calibrated anything yet.

- Regular Cable TV is great in my opinion very please with standard broadcasts.
- NETFLIX UHD content looks wonderful still getting used to the deep dark blacks as I never owned such a high end TV.
- Youtube 4k videos looks great and I was very pleased - not totally blown away but very pleased.
- Had a chance to watch the Pens hockey game on Tuesday and was pleased with what I saw, still think I need to tweak the settings to get what I want. Recorded a football game from last year off of the NFL network and I was very upset to see a lot of motion blur practically when the ball is thrown. My other Samsung tv (3 years old) does the same thing and its really annoys me, hoping some tweak to the settings will limit this.
- Haven't had a chance to stream a UHD movie yet. They have some free 10 min content on there but for some reason I cant cast the free preview, anyone else have that problem?

Vizio Tablet Remote

- Im getting used to it and warming up to it. The casting feature is very cool and I haven't programed my cable remote to work with the TV controls yet but once I do I feel like it will be a lot better
- However, what happens if the tablet breaks? Can you buy just the tablet and does anyone know how much that costs. Didn't think of this until I was using the tablet but its a pretty big downfall if you have to pay a good amount of money to get a new one.

Overall - You are looking at a very happy customer you cant beat the quality and price.
jxes84 likes this.
post #14015 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 05:40 AM

OK I'd like to know how the auto brightness has improved with the new update. I use this on high setting and usually works pretty good. I'm still waiting though for the update:/

post #14016 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by fljoe View Post
Didn't know you could do that .. here's some visual pics to do it.

Shoot, tried it and still on old FW. I'm like a kid and its perpetually Christmas Eve waiting for the update lol.
mpgxsvcd, mikestr, jopat and 1 others like this.

Vizio P75-C1
Yamaha RX-A1040
5.1- Def-Tech STS towers, mythos 10 center, mythos gem rears, super cube sub
PS3
Roku 4k
Xfinity X1
post #14017 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Update for firmware 1.1.14.4:

My P50-C1 now recognizes 24FPS content streamed from my Plex server off the tablet and unlocks the RJ option!
post #14018 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:26 AM

Using vivid and looks great with these settings IMO.
Brightness 42
Backlight 75
Contrast 65
Color 63
Tint 0
Temp cool
Black detail off
Reduce judder 5
Motion blur 8
Signal and noise off
Fald on
Gama 2.4
Watching mocking jay 1 looks very good try it out pm me what u think.

fljoe likes this.
post #14019 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytex View Post
@Matt McRae
I have a request for the near future.
Could you please put + and - signs on either end of the faders in the Color Tuner section.
It is impossible to change a value +1 or -1 using your finger and most of the time that's all I need.
Thanks.
Amen brother ... with my fat fingers that was the most frustrating thing I had to do when calibrating this set to some of the settings posted in the calibration thread. Wish the simple remote had the ability to increase/decrease the values.
mpgxsvcd and mchallis like this.
post #14020 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
I have my Tivo set to include 1080/24. That way it plays 24hz content when available.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I believe it is a combination of how my AVR passes the 24hz signal to the P65, and the way the P65 reads that data. It worked ok with my 2010 Samsung LN40C630, but that was an older TV and was more forgiving on low bandwidth / interference in the signal sent to it. Or something is going on with the way the AVR is receiving the lip sync calculation from the TV. Auto Lip sync is a 2 way communication between the TV and the source. Device sends picture and audio sync data to TV, TV calculates the the time it takes to scale the image and create additional frames for 240hz. Then relay that calculation back to the device so it can sync up the audio. This is why when I direct connect my Tivo or BR player to the TV, 24hz auto lip sync works.

This issue is not specific to only one brand / model, they all seem to be few and far between in the same product line. This is leading me to believe the issue might be with the reported AVR's themselves. Something is going on in the AVR that it either is sending a corrupted signal to the TV or the AVR is reading the data incorrectly that is sent back to it.

AVR's are old large computers. Instead of having everything integrated into just 1 chip (like mobile devices), they have larger separate parts that work together but are more forgiving of minor issues (they don't break down right away). It could be a capacitor, relay, DAC, or the HDMI ports themselves, which are also part of their own product lines. With all of that in mind, just remember it is still possible that our individual TV is at fault (not the entire line).

I am happy with the image on my P65 and do not feel like playing the panel lottery. so I will adjust lip sync in my AVR for my BR player and Tivo. Since the new Firmware allows 24hz casting, I might just stick with using Cast for Netflix viewing because IMO it looks better then Netflix from my Tivo.

I wish I had another AVR just to test things out.
Patrick Randall likes this.

Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help

Vizio P65-C1
Denon AVR-X1100w
LG BD570
post #14021 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:41 AM

Last edited by jopat; 05-27-2016 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Delete
post #14022 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braband4 View Post
Initial thoughts on the P55.

- Had a chance to watch the Pens hockey game on Tuesday and was pleased with what I saw, still think I need to tweak the settings to get what I want. Recorded a football game from last year off of the NFL network and I was very upset to see a lot of motion blur practically when the ball is thrown. My other Samsung tv (3 years old) does the same thing and its really annoys me, hoping some tweak to the settings will limit this.

Vizio Tablet Remote

- However, what happens if the tablet breaks? Can you buy just the tablet and does anyone know how much that costs. Didn't think of this until I was using the tablet but its a pretty big downfall if you have to pay a good amount of money to get a new one.
55" owner as well, i watch sports on calibrated, reduce judder 1, reduce motion blur 8. works great for hockey, baseball, soccer and hoops. havent watched football yet.

use another android device if the tablet breaks, honestly, my galaxy s5 is much more responsive and has less glitches than the vizio tablet and i use that most of the time...plus i can do everything one handed.
post #14023 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat View Post
Using vivid and looks great with these settings IMO.
Brightness 42
Backlight 75
Contrast 65
Color 63
Tint 0
Temp cool
Black detail off
Reduce judder 5
Motion blur 8
Signal and noise off
Fald on
Gama 2.4
Watching mocking jay 1 looks very good try it out pm me what u think.

I understand everyone has their own preferences. However, I think you choose the exact opposite of what I would have chosen on every one of those settings. The settings you chose are almost certainly causing color, highlight, and black level clipping. You are missing parts of the content with those settings.

Have you tried "Calibrated" with no additional changes?
post #14024 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:49 AM

Yes I have,I'm trying different settings. Yes visual preference differs person to person. Like I said try them out if you want or don't. People can put them back to the horrible stock vivid mode if they want. I'm noticing more depth with these settings than calibrated setting. I'm watching this movie like this and probably the next. (Part 2)

post #14025 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yes I have,I'm trying different settings. Yes visual preference differs person to person. Like I said try them out if you want or don't. People can put them back to the horrible stock vivid mode if they want. I'm noticing more depth with these settings than calibrated setting. I'm watching this movie like this and probably the next. (Part 2)

PS,not the Dolby vision version just blue ray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I understand everyone has their own preferences. However, I think you choose the exact opposite of what I would have chosen on every one of those settings. The settings you chose are almost certainly causing color, highlight, and black level clipping. You are missing parts of the content with those settings.

Have you tried "Calibrated" with no additional changes?

post #14026 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Pm me your vudu email address if you'd like to see Pacific rim. I have the uhd Dolby vision version, 3 friend openings. Also if you have a Dolby vision movie to share I'd appreciate that but not mandatory. 1st come 1st serve.

Me and another member tried this and, confirmed by Vudu, two master accounts cannot share a library. Basically if you have a library of movies and try to share with someone who has their own library of movies, they would have to unlink from their current account and join yours. You can only do this 2 times per year.

The only way sharing really works is if someone is only "leeched" onto others accounts. You can add them and they can continue to use those other accounts they are linked to. Sharing only works for people without their own movie library.
Brandon B and mpgxsvcd like this.
post #14027 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorBellus View Post
Does anyone have the 65 inch P Series and do you use it for gaming? Like console and PC gaming? How is it? I currently use a 50 inch TV for gaming but I am selling it, it is great but it doesn't do 120hz and I have had it for 1.5 years now. I was thinking a TV bigger than 55 inches might be too big for gaming, I will be sitting on a couch anyway but if I do get the 65 inch version I will be using it for PC and console gaming.

Anyone have any experiences or advice on this?
I play PS4 and PC games on my P75 from about 9 feet away. It works very well. However, at the moment my 2015 M-series is actually a little better for PS4 games because I can turn Game Low Latency on with Clear Action. With the P75 those two settings produce inconsistent results.
post #14028 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Me and another member tried this and, confirmed by Vudu, two master accounts cannot share a library. Basically if you have a library of movies and try to share with someone who has their own library of movies, they would have to unlink from their current account and join yours. You can only do this 2 times per year.

The only way sharing really works is if someone is only "leeched" onto others accounts. You can add them and they can continue to use those other accounts they are linked to. Sharing only works for people without their own movie library.
Ahh crap OK I'll msg them back and see if they need to make a fake account or what have you. Thx!!

post #14029 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Pm me your vudu email address if you'd like to see Pacific rim. I have the uhd Dolby vision version, 3 friend openings. Also if you have a Dolby vision movie to share I'd appreciate that but not mandatory. 1st come 1st serve.

That friend sharing thing doesn't work with the UHD versions of anything unfortunately.
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #14030 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
That friend sharing thing doesn't work with the UHD versions of anything unfortunately.
Double [email protected]#$%. Kids of a rip off to me. I can see their point though from a business perspective.

post #14031 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ahh crap OK I'll msg them back and see if they need to make a fake account or what have you. Thx!!

Quote:
Quote:
Double [email protected]#$%. Kids of a rip off to me. I can see their point though from a business perspective.

Well damn lol!

Like you said, it makes sense from a business perspective. It allows you to share with a few family/friends instead of double dipping on free movies with "master" accounts. Then again, the people I share with I could just as easily give them my username/pass like netflix, amazon, etc.
shoman94 likes this.
post #14032 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Well damn lol!

Like you said, it makes sense from a business perspective. It allows you to share with a few family/friends instead of double dipping on free movies with "master" accounts. Then again, the people I share with I could just as easily give them my username/pass like netflix, amazon, etc.
I'm nice but not that trusting, been ripped off too many times.

post #14033 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anago View Post
If the TV doesn't pair with bluetooth you can skip that step and setup wifi.
Mine has never paired with bluetooth on a fresh setup so I've done this a few times.

htwaits, heavie and Anago, thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. I'm going to give it another go tonight. To date though, the Tablet freezes after the unsuccessful pairing attempt and will not let me skip the step either - so I can't get to the wireless set up screen. I think if I could get to the internet setup then download FW updates I might be OK. I've not been able to find any way to pull up a menu for settings on the display either (using the minimal remote). I may also try downloading the Vizio Smartcast app on my IPhone and see if I can get the display to respond that way. This is probably a silly question, but would BT from a nearby car interfere with the pairing process between tablet and display? I did once get the notice on the tablet that a Bluetooth device was trying to pair and I said yes, but the display has never paired. Also, haven't heard any tones nor buzzing from display nor tablet during the pairing attempts. Do love the display picture, watching The Martian 4K DVD was spectacular...I was in "calibrated" pic mode and the detail/color was incredible...can't even imagine how sweet HDR is gonna be Great Memorial Day Holiday to everyone!

PS I had to get an MRI on my knee this AM and in the display in the waiting room was an old Phillips unit and looked to be in standard def, made me realize how far quality displays have come!!
jopat and tampabayrays like this.

Last edited by HotLap; 05-26-2016 at 07:31 AM.
post #14034 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 1117
It seems like the P55-C1, will the last of the displays to get the update.
post #14035 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
It seems like the P55-C1, will the last of the displays to get the update.
Maybe the p50 ,haven't received the update yet either. Even though I don't have a uhd player there are other benefits I'm looking forward to. But it's the way the cookie crumbles I guess :/

post #14036 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool

Quote:

I just wanted to make sure you understood that the settings you selected may make the colors more fitting to your taste, however you are actually making detail that is in the content disappear. If you understand that fact and choose to do that then that is one thing.

However, if you don’t realize that fact and suggest these settings to other people they may not realize it as well. Just because part of the picture looks good to you doesn’t mean that you haven’t totally destroyed the rest of it.

Also keep in mind that the things I am discussing here are not TV specific. Adjusting the settings as you have done will produce undesirable effects with any TV in that line. You may choose to ignore those undesirable effects but everyone else should be made aware of them so they don't make the same mistake you have.
Brandon B and tampabayrays like this.
post #14037 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Well damn lol!

I have spent way too much time on the phone with Vudu customer support (who are actually really good) to confirm the whole thing about Master libraries etc. But yes, if you've never shared before and somebody sends you an invite you can see their library and anybody else's linked to their account. But you cannot then send an invite to anybody (making you a Master library). I am the Master account holder sharing with two other members here and we have quite a nice collection going so I have two spots left if anybody is interested and isn't a Master account holder.

I have confirmed with both members that are part of my library that my UHD DV versions of Mad Max and Lego Movie both work for them, but not Pacific Rim, Pan, or Great Gatsby. I asked Vudu and they said it varies by title since each movie needs to have a license secured behind the scenes that allow UHD sharing. They confirmed if the license is obtained then it will automatically refresh on that day and allow the sharing of UHD. I will say the two of mine that work over sharing were versions where I bought the UHD Blu Ray at Best Buy and redeemed the virtual code, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it working or not.

Even though UHD sharing might not work for some movies, you do get the HDX versions which still look solid.
post #14038 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I just wanted to make sure you understood that the settings you selected may make the colors more fitting to your taste, however you are actually making detail that is in the content disappear. If you understand that fact and choose to do that then that is one thing.

However, if you don’t realize that fact and suggest these settings to other people they may not realize it as well. Just because part of the picture looks good to you doesn’t mean that you haven’t totally destroyed the rest of it.

Also keep in mind that the things I am discussing here are not TV specific. Adjusting the settings as you have done will produce undesirable effects with any TV in that line. You may choose to ignore those undesirable effects but everyone else should be made aware of them.
I think everyone knows that settings are different per taste and any settings given on here may or may not work for them on their particular panel besides the precalibration settings. I'm repeating myself again. Try them if people want too,they can be put back. Also if you never try how are you going to know? Especially if you don't have the set to begin with how would you know how these settings look? I'm not looking to argue, I made some adjustments and I like them well enough to share them with people that are willing to TRY them out. They can always put them back. I don't know if you've seen vivid mode with these Set's,really this to me looks great. I know I'm not a pro at this but I'd like to think my time spending making these adjustments will benefit others. This is on the old fw BTW.

post #14039 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I think everyone knows that settings are different per taste and any settings given on here may or may not work for them on their particular panel besides the precalibration settings. I'm repeating myself again. Try them if people want too,they can be put back. Also if you never try how are you going to know? Especially if you don't have the set to begin with how would you know how these settings look? I'm not looking to argue, I made some adjustments and I like them well enough to share them with people that are willing to TRY them out. They can always put them back. I don't know if you've seen vivid mode with these Set's,really this to me looks great. I know I'm not a pro at this but I'd like to think my time spending making these adjustments will benefit others. This is on the old fw BTW.

Sorry for taking up a page,with that said I've also adjusted brightness, colour, hue and tint with the mp4 calibration file here on avs with my eyeballs. The fact that you can turn just blue on allows you to make these adjustments to color and tint. In my case both were of by 2 points. Contrast in my case lowered 2 points also brightness.

post #14040 of 64111 Old 05-26-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:

Not sure if you are aware that Vivid mode is not normally used. For sure it makes things have that "wow" look. But it is because it over does colors. It is basically a torch mode that turns everything up and exaggerate things. I am not saying that other people shouldn't try it. Or that you shouldn't leave it like that. But Just letting you know being in Vivid mode means you are not getting an accurate picture. Calibrated or Calibrated dark are how the picture is suppose to look. I do understand some people just want that wow factor so they use Vivid, so to each their own. But was just trying to give you some more information.
htwaits, Ph8te, NeronetFi and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page