Originally Posted by htwaits
There are several examples of calibration threads associated with a display model line. The members of those threads participate in both the calibration (specialist) thread and the owner's thread.
I believe that those who use computers for their source material are just as much specialists as those who invest in the equipment to do their own calibrations. If someone starts a computer thread for the P-Series, I expect that those interested will also stay active in the owner's thread. We are all subject to HDMI problems at any moment.
Vizio P observations
1. 720p and 1080i sources look significantly worse on this tv versus my Samsung 2011 UN60D7000 60-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV via Comcast cable
2. Dolby Digital does not work when casting Netflix, vudu and hbo go. It does work with 4k youtube. Denon 2112… Yes I have tried several different cables; Amazon basics newest cables, cable mart elite 22 gbps, and various other high speed cables lying around. For some reason with Vudu hdx movies I received DD but not 4k.
3. 1080p 120fps 10bit on desktop looks significantly worse than 1080p 60fps and of course 4k 60 fps. It looks like it is a lower chroma 420 versus 444.
1. Finally watched a dolby vision 4k movie last night (pacific rim), OH MY!! The details and colors were outstanding… 4k youtube excellent
2. Even though 1080p
fps is gimped with subsampling, the feeling of control using a mouse is ridiculously good. I am on top of the leader boards consistently now with fps multiplayer games where as before with D7000 I was avg. to above avg. player.
3. In a dark room, black levels are incredible.
I wrote this as a reality check to potential buyers who say they “mainly watch cable during the day and occasionally play a game or watch a movie”, I personaly believe you should go with a 1080p oled or Samsung ks8000 for the better upscaling. If you watch movies at night and or love gaming, this set is for you. In addition, I think it’s funny that some people on this forum believe there is too much talk about pc or gaming while they are shooting the Sh_t and telling every noob that asks a question on this forum to check post 1 in a rude manner….