Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 508 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15211 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nantucket ....
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
A link could be added to page one ...

Put your model number in here :
https://support.vizio.com/s/search/All/p65

Then hit "model information" to end up here :
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...el-Information

Then hit the download manual button to end up here :
http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/p50c1/um-p50c1.pdf

mpgxsvcd and shoman94 like this.
Ian c2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15212 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Member
 
scarylarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
yea im pretty sure right when i got this panel i checked for blooming on both letterboxes and when i hit the info button on a black screen and it was good, but that was before the firmware update, now its blooming to the point of distraction. still cant find anything on the internet that says if ips panels bloom worse than va or if its just an lcd thing. id be willing to jump to the 65 and trade off viewing angle/color for more screen and darker blacks, but not if it doesnt eliminate the blooming variable. or id be willing to keep this panel if blooming was somethin that could be addressed with the next firmware update.
I mentioned this upthread, but my P50 had great blacks on letterboxed content out of the box, running firmware 6.12, and this seemed to change once it updated to 14.4. Now there's medium-to-heavy blooming on letterboxed content, even with FALD on. Gray bars, especially the top bar. It's weird, but I think it's a firmware issue, not a hardware issue, and hopefully it will get addressed down the line. Doesn't mean the contrast on the IPS will be as good as on the VA panels, but if you noticed this only after the firmware update, I think it's reasonable to think that's what caused it.
Patrick Randall likes this.
scarylarry is offline  
post #15213 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,346
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
yea im pretty sure right when i got this panel i checked for blooming on both letterboxes and when i hit the info button on a black screen and it was good, but that was before the firmware update, now its blooming to the point of distraction. still cant find anything on the internet that says if ips panels bloom worse than va or if its just an lcd thing. id be willing to jump to the 65 and trade off viewing angle/color for more screen and darker blacks, but not if it doesnt eliminate the blooming variable. or id be willing to roll the dice on this panel if blooming was womethin that could be addressed with the next firmware update.
Since VA panels have higher native contrast than IPS panels, it follows that they'd be better able to "hide" blooming because of their better native black performance. In other words, given the same backlight brightness, a VA panel should be able to display a darker black level. If so, then it follows that you'd get less blooming with a VA panel compared to an IPS panel.

I haven't seen an IPS Vizio panel in person, and I'm sure I'm oversimplifying things, but I'd personally expect that the VA sets would have less blooming than the IPS sets.
Patrick Randall likes this.
Schwa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15214 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,220
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4792 Post(s)
Liked: 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I am never suggesting that you should “ignore” anything. Instead I am suggesting that you should validate everything. Including everything I say.

RTINGS.com makes some good recommendations and some not so good recommendations.
Unfortunetely, I have to rely on members of these forums for information prior to validating anything on many occasions. The only way to validate is to actually buy the TV and test it out yourself. I'm currently searching for information prior to my taking delivery. I'm sure there are lots of people on these forums searching for answers prior to making a purchase and they don't know who to believe and who not to believe and can't do any validation until the take delivery of the particular product.

lujan
584 Ultra HD
720 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #15215 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Member
 
eabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Is this just content that has been cast? You have to be careful, if you play the content before casting, you'll get what is sent to the tablet.
Casting is the only thing I've used since the latest firmware update. I'll re-test some other sources I have (HTPC, Amazon Fire TV 4k). I always make the cast connection before playing the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
yea im pretty sure right when i got this panel i checked for blooming on both letterboxes and when i hit the info button on a black screen and it was good, but that was before the firmware update, now its blooming to the point of distraction. still cant find anything on the internet that says if ips panels bloom worse than va or if its just an lcd thing. id be willing to jump to the 65 and trade off viewing angle/color for more screen and darker blacks, but not if it doesnt eliminate the blooming variable. or id be willing to keep this panel if blooming was somethin that could be addressed with the next firmware update.
I think the blooming was better before the latest update as well. I've had a lot of IPS/VA displays and IPS definitely does bloom more than VA panels. It's part of the technology and known as IPS "glow".
eabeck is offline  
post #15216 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Unfortunetely, I have to rely on members of these forums for information prior to validating anything on many occasions. The only way to validate is to actually buy the TV and test it out yourself. I'm currently searching for information prior to my taking delivery. I'm sure there are lots of people on these forums searching for answers prior to making a purchase and they don't know who to believe and who not to believe and can't do any validation until the take delivery of the particular product.
The art of using AVS well is helped by reading enough to figure out which contributors provide the most reliable information. Unfortunately there is no short cut and it depends on each seeker's judgment.

I have no experience buying a display on short notice for the very reason you point out. Anyone in a time bind just has to go with the advise that they think is best.

I started reading about the P-Series in the expectation thread, and switched here on day one. In those two plus months and 15K posts I've recognized a list of posters who give well founded information.

My AVS Hero poster lives mostly in the OPPO Blu-ray threads. He consistently provides detailed suggestions that are well written and completely thought out. Even if he uses saved boiler plate, he adapts the text to the person asking the question. He is also in contact with OPPO. The OPPO threads also have several other Beta testers who also are very helpful. The Denon AVR threads have "local" AVS based experts that provide great information. Many times these people are the one's that started the threads.

I'm sorry that there isn't an official identified authority available for this or other significant threads at AVS, but it is possible to come up with useful advisors if your time constraints aren't too short. If I were king of the AVS domain, maybe I could have the most reliable contributors labeled. For members who have been here since the last software change, when the "like" feature was added, there is a kind of indicator of something positive.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-03-2016 at 05:21 PM.
htwaits is offline  
post #15217 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Member
 
MichiganTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Casting ARC Dolby Digital with Pioneer elite SC-95. Any update on Getting Dolby Digital working?

I had thought this latest firmware update would have resolved problem. Vizio said to contact pioneer, due to communication issue on Pioneers end. Waiting on the phone now on hold....
MichiganTim is offline  
post #15218 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nantucket ....
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
The art of using AVS well is helped by reading enough to figure out which contributors provide the most reliable information. Unfortunately there is no short cut and it depends on each seeker's judgment.

I have no experience buying a display on short notice for the very reason you point out. Anyone in a time bind just has to go with the advise that they think is best.

I started reading about the P-Series in the expectation thread, and switched here on day one. In those two plus months and 15K posts I've recognized a list of posters who give well founded information.

My AVS Hero poster lives mostly in the OPPO Blu-ray threads. He consistently provides detailed suggestions that are well written and completely thought out. Even if he uses saved boiler plate, he adapts the text to the person asking the question. He is also in contact with OPPO. The OPPO threads also have several other Beta testers who also are very helpful. The Denon AVR threads have "local" AVS based experts that provide great information. Many times these people are the one's that started the threads.

I'm sorry that there isn't an official identified authority available for this or other significant threads at AVS, but it is possible to come up with useful advisors if your time constraints aren't too short. If I were king of the AVS domain, maybe I could have the most reliable contributors labeled. For members who have been here since the last software change, when the "like" feature was added, there is a kind of indicator of something positive.
It has NEVER been mentioned afaik , but there are vizio beta testers on this thread .
There are also lots of knowledgable people .
Contrary to the unwritten laws of the Internet ,
Knowledge has never been about how much typing you do .
TinyRK likes this.
Ian c2 is offline  
post #15219 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turts85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
Are you sure GTX V is running at a solid 60 FPS? Most games on Xbox One can't even maintain close to that. Not even Rocket League. I play on PC and motion looks good at 60FPS and amazing at 120FPS. Turn on Reduce Judder and Blur Reduction if you can handle the lag.
NVM, been a while since I played the game but it runs at 1080/30 on both ps4 and X1. Had to look up some old reviews, swear I thought it was updated. So no wonder it has this double image look or blurry look. Does that make sense then? So I guess it's not the TV, I would expect it to do this on Halo or any game that you have to turn or is fast paced. Halo must be 1080/60 and that looks great. I need a PC
turts85 is offline  
post #15220 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Tablet Case and/or Glass Screen Protector?

Other than the BestSkinEver screen protector anyone have any luck finding any tablet cases (or folios)? How about any compatible glass screen protectors?

I got the 75" a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it. No regrets. Minor issues that seemed to work themselves out (software updates?). I'm a AVS newbie so I am still learning a lot about this stuff.

I have a teenager and two hyper Huskys and I fear the tablet getting damaged.

Anyway, ordering the BestSkinEver for now.

Thanks!
Xcel101 likes this.
JrasikCdub is offline  
post #15221 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Newbie
 
erukian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Googlecast over ethernet

Hi all, I have the C65-P1 and I hooked it up to ethernet today to get faster streaming via Vudu, less buffering etc because the TV is somewhat far away from my WiFi router.

I did a factory reset and when I paired the tablet with the TV I "skipped" the WiFi section and now I can no longer cast to the TV.

Even disconnected from WiFi and connected via ethernet, I'm getting an IP address from my router.. If there's some trick I'm not aware of to use this TV over ethernet please fill me in, otherwise it kinda sucks I'll have to deal upgrading the wifi and buying wireless repeaters or bridges.
erukian is offline  
post #15222 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Anago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by erukian View Post
Hi all, I have the C65-P1 and I hooked it up to ethernet today to get faster streaming via Vudu, less buffering etc because the TV is somewhat far away from my WiFi router.

I did a factory reset and when I paired the tablet with the TV I "skipped" the WiFi section and now I can no longer cast to the TV.

Even disconnected from WiFi and connected via ethernet, I'm getting an IP address from my router.. If there's some trick I'm not aware of to use this TV over ethernet please fill me in, otherwise it kinda sucks I'll have to deal upgrading the wifi and buying wireless repeaters or bridges.
You can't "skip" the wifi setup.
Wifi has to be setup through the app for casting to work.
htwaits and shoman94 like this.

Vizio P75-C1, P50-C1, P65-C1- FW 8.0.20.3
Samsung UHD Bluray K8500 - LG UBK90 DV Bluray player
Vizio SB46514-F6 Soundbar - Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
Directv Genie HR34 - Chromecast Ultra
Anago is online now  
post #15223 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Member
 
friendlysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
What settings have you used for noise reduction on both sets?
digital noise reduction off on samsung and vizio. Have reduce block noise on medium on the vizio. Seems to improve jaggies a hair..
friendlysmith is offline  
post #15224 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nantucket ....
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by erukian View Post
Hi all, I have the C65-P1 and I hooked it up to ethernet today to get faster streaming via Vudu, less buffering etc because the TV is somewhat far away from my WiFi router.

I did a factory reset and when I paired the tablet with the TV I "skipped" the WiFi section and now I can no longer cast to the TV.

Even disconnected from WiFi and connected via ethernet, I'm getting an IP address from my router.. If there's some trick I'm not aware of to use this TV over ethernet please fill me in, otherwise it kinda sucks I'll have to deal upgrading the wifi and buying wireless repeaters or bridges.
Try going into tablet settings and toggling the wifi "switch" .
It should find your tv as an Internet device and you can connect to it .
If that doesn't work , next try two things .
First , set up as a hotspot .
Then try the Netflix app .

If that doesn't work , reply back and I'll re-trace my tracks on my set in case I got it wrong .

Or , you can do another display reset , this time with the tv on wifi and hardwire it once you're up and running .

Last edited by Ian c2; 06-03-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Ian c2 is offline  
post #15225 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Member
 
friendlysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
I run all my devices through my TV and back through the AVR so I can have individual picture modes for each. I also appreciate that I have less handshake problems (black screens) when I take the AVR out of the video equation. I may purchase a new Pioneer SC-95 or 97 but I am hesitant to gamble that a new AVR will have better luck.
hi garden, just wondering how you handle your sound and video with your new nvidia 1080gtx and avr. Thanks
friendlysmith is offline  
post #15226 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Member
 
friendlysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Doh! Thanks for the reminder! I wonder if this is why I can't get the gamma to look right with The Witcher 3...


I haven't booted up GTA V on the Xbox One on my p65 yet, but I own it for both PC and Xbox One and can tell you with full confidence that at no point does the Xbox One version of the game run at 60fps. Also, I have tried the PC version on my p65 and I didn't see any of what you're describing.



Yeah, it for sure doesn't run at 60fps on the Xbox One, I don't think the devs ever even claimed that it does, pretty sure it's locked at 30fps, at least that's what it feels like to me coming from the PC version.

Back to my Witcher 3 dilema... I'm not home for a few more hours so I can't test the full RBG settings to see if that helps, but does anyone know if that might be why the gamma is so dark in game that I can't even make out the symbol in the gamma adjustment (in game) at full brightness? I have to set the TV's brightness setting up to at least 55 to even see the faintest outline of the symbol in the gamma adjustment, which makes things look too flat to me.
Yes, the screen will be extremely dark if both gpu and vivio p not set to rgb...
friendlysmith is offline  
post #15227 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Newbie
 
erukian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c2 View Post
Try going into tablet settings and toggling the wifi "switch" .
It should find your tv as an Internet device and you can connect to it .
If that doesn't work , next try two things .
First , set up as a hotspot .
Then try the Netflix app .

If that doesn't work , reply back and I'll re-trace my tracks on my set in case I got it wrong .

Or , you can do another display reset , this time with the tv on wifi and hardwire it once you're up and running .
I don't need to set up a hotspot, the wireless I have is in range, it's just the signal is weak in my HT room.

So I didn't see a way to "disconnect" the wireless once ethernet was connected via the Smartcast app. Once I complete the TV/Tablet pair and setup, then configure the wireless then Googlecast works and I get the beautiful screensavers from google. But I can't tell the TV to forget the wireless and only use the ethernet.

If i'm misunderstanding something please let me know.

Thanks
erukian is offline  
post #15228 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Anago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by erukian View Post
I don't need to set up a hotspot, the wireless I have is in range, it's just the signal is weak in my HT room.

So I didn't see a way to "disconnect" the wireless once ethernet was connected via the Smartcast app. Once I complete the TV/Tablet pair and setup, then configure the wireless then Googlecast works and I get the beautiful screensavers from google. But I can't tell the TV to forget the wireless and only use the ethernet.

If i'm misunderstanding something please let me know.

Thanks
The display can work only on wireless but even with it hardwired you still need to setup wireless through the app to cast.
The tablet communicates with the display through wifi.
To tell whether the display is using ethernet or wifi press the input button on the physical remote and on top of the screen next to the clock will be an icon. If it's hardwired it will show an ethernet icon, if not it will show a wifi icon.

Vizio P75-C1, P50-C1, P65-C1- FW 8.0.20.3
Samsung UHD Bluray K8500 - LG UBK90 DV Bluray player
Vizio SB46514-F6 Soundbar - Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
Directv Genie HR34 - Chromecast Ultra

Last edited by Anago; 06-03-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Anago is online now  
post #15229 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nantucket ....
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
I don't need a hotspot either , but it worked for me after a reset earlier today when both Bluetooth and wifi wouldn't connect the tablet .

You don't have to try it , obviously .
I'm not trying to force you to do anything that you know won't work , I'm only trying to help ....
Ian c2 is offline  
post #15230 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Newbie
 
erukian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c2 View Post
I don't need a hotspot either , but it worked for me after a reset earlier today when both Bluetooth and wifi wouldn't connect the tablet .

You don't have to try it , obviously .
I'm not trying to force you to do anything that you know won't work , I'm only trying to help ....
Sorry if I came across as hostile, I really do appreciate any feedback and suggestions. I just don't see the point of them implementing an Ethernet port if the TV only uses wifi for Googlecasting.
erukian is offline  
post #15231 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
EMINENT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by erukian View Post
But I can't tell the TV to forget the wireless and only use the ethernet.

Thanks
Power cycle the tv, it should show ethernet working.

2016 Vizio P65-C1
2014 Vizio P50-B1E
2011 Vizio E3D420VX
2016 Vizio Smartcast Soundbar 5.1 SB4551-D5, Xbox One S, Roku 3, Mini-itx HTPC w/i7-6700k Plex Server
EMINENT1 is offline  
post #15232 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nantucket ....
Posts: 540
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
You didn't c0me across that way , sorry if I gave an impression of otherwise , but I was "burst typing" as I'm enjoying the last of today's sun out by the pool with a mimosa !!

If you try it and it doesn't work , I'm prepared to reset mine again to replicate the problem just in case I remembered the fix wrong .

I had a little bit of weirdness when I originally hard wired whilst on wifi , but that could have been down to a "loaded" system .
I'm stripped down to just the tv and a pre-pro right now so don't have any problems apart from resetting after I got the update this morning .

Up top of the screen there is a symbol saying you're hard wired .

I'll take a snapshot next time I'm indoors !11!

Good luck !!
Ian c2 is offline  
post #15233 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Newbie
 
erukian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMINENT1 View Post
Power cycle the tv, it should show ethernet working.
Tried power cycling. In the smartcast app it even showed an IP address in the network settings (via Ethernet). But whenever the input was set to cast it gave me an error "your Vizio smartcast display is not set up for casting"
erukian is offline  
post #15234 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c2 View Post
It has NEVER been mentioned afaik , but there are vizio beta testers on this thread .
There are also lots of knowledgable people .
Contrary to the unwritten laws of the Internet ,
Knowledge has never been about how much typing you do .
I thought you were down near Tijuana today. Was it too hot?

When I finished flight school, I picked Rapid City SD over El Paso Tx because I didn't want to be doing preflight inspections inside the wings of a B-36 in Texas heat. Summer time in Rapid City was hot too.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-03-2016 at 09:58 PM.
htwaits is offline  
post #15235 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Anago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by erukian View Post
Tried power cycling. In the smartcast app it even showed an IP address in the network settings (via Ethernet). But whenever the input was set to cast it gave me an error "your Vizio smartcast display is not set up for casting"
That's because it's not setup for casting, you skipped that step.

Vizio P75-C1, P50-C1, P65-C1- FW 8.0.20.3
Samsung UHD Bluray K8500 - LG UBK90 DV Bluray player
Vizio SB46514-F6 Soundbar - Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
Directv Genie HR34 - Chromecast Ultra
Anago is online now  
post #15236 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GardenVariety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlysmith View Post
hi garden, just wondering how you handle your sound and video with your new nvidia 1080gtx and avr. Thanks
Unfortunately, this is the one area where I've had to sacrifice. I use optical out of the motherboard and only get PCM stereo. I've thought about buying a USB sound card but don't really want to spend the money. I run the HDMI straight from the GPU to the TV.
GardenVariety is offline  
post #15237 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Is there less judder and motion blur on the p75 than on the vizio m75? I have the m75 right now, and can't get the judder and motion under control.
mdodds is offline  
post #15238 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Anago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
Unfortunately, this is the one area where I've had to sacrifice. I use optical out of the motherboard and only get PCM stereo. I've thought about buying a USB sound card but don't really want to spend the money. I run the HDMI straight from the GPU to the TV.
Can't you get sound through HDMI. That's how I do it. It shows up under playback devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture - Copy.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1476681  

Vizio P75-C1, P50-C1, P65-C1- FW 8.0.20.3
Samsung UHD Bluray K8500 - LG UBK90 DV Bluray player
Vizio SB46514-F6 Soundbar - Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
Directv Genie HR34 - Chromecast Ultra

Last edited by Anago; 06-03-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Anago is online now  
post #15239 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by erukian View Post
Tried power cycling. In the smartcast app it even showed an IP address in the network settings (via Ethernet). But whenever the input was set to cast it gave me an error "your Vizio smartcast display is not set up for casting"
Instead of trying to unscramble what I think was in the series of post about your problem, I'm just going to state four things that I think to be true.

1. The tablet uses WiFi to connect with the source providers, navigate their menus, and obtain the URL of your choice.

2. The tablet then uses WiFi to send the URL to the display.

3. The display can either use WiFi or Ethernet to obtain the stream from the provider.

4. WiFi is required and WiFi plus Ethernet is desirable for the reasons you stated.

Others, with more network and P-Series experience than I, have recommended starting over in situations like yours. They have also suggested that it's a good idea to get Vizio Support involved in the steps necessary to get a fresh start.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
htwaits is offline  
post #15240 of 64351 Old 06-03-2016, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,346
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Looks like I spoke too soon. HORRIBLE audio dropouts while casting Netflix this evening. It always seems like it's during peak hours, but casting and/or internet streaming just ain't ready for prime time if you can't do it reliably no matter the time of day.
Schwa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off