Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 510 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes

post #15271 of 64350 Old 06-03-2016, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
NVM, been a while since I played the game but it runs at 1080/30 on both ps4 and X1. Had to look up some old reviews, swear I thought it was updated. So no wonder it has this double image look or blurry look. Does that make sense then? So I guess it's not the TV, I would expect it to do this on Halo or any game that you have to turn or is fast paced. Halo must be 1080/60 and that looks great. I need a PC
Yeah, you should most definitely get on that! I resisted the PC master race for a long time, my friends kept begging me, but I kept resisting. Finally jumped in when I found a good used rig for pretty cheap... holy cow, never going back (though I still adore my Xbox One as a media center, talking to your TV is just awesome, anyone who says otherwise hasn't given it a real try), I've now sank more money than I intended into my PC... but it's still cheaper than buying both consoles outright at launch price and has far more titles than both combined, and of course it'll stomp both in any game (which it did when I bought it for $350).

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlysmith View Post
Yes, the screen will be extremely dark if both gpu and vivio p not set to rgb...
Awesome, I'll fiddle with those settings now then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St0chastic View Post
Yes, I ran into the same issue. Make sure that colorspace is set to full RGB rather than AUTO. Also, you need to change the pixel format in your GPU settings to RBG 4:4:4.

Here is a link to a page with instructions on how to fix HDMI color on Nvidia and AMD GPUs:

I hope that helps!
This helps immensely! Thank you so much, I was ready to just accept it as a fault of the game/TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
So you are basically saying with this post a lot of netflix looks like crap on this TV with out of the box settings? This was the one thing i was worried about lol (my 2015 e series netflix looks like garbage with dark scenes.) I was told sony has by far the best upscaler, guess ill wait til my P55 arrives but it may be going back for a sony. Of course i will try your settings first tho.
Netflix looks fantastic out of the box... I have my Netflix set to the straight out of the box "*Calibrated" setting with the only change being the backlight turned down a bit and it kicks the pants off my old 51" Samsung Plasma, with 4k content it's jaw dropping too... I was in the "who cares about 4K" camp, but it's already changed my opinion on that, Daredevil in 4K looks awesome... though that series was clearly shot with HDR in mind so I can't wait for it to have the DV support

Also, just want to confirm that my casting issues have been fully solved. I've been watching Netflix and Youtube via casting without a single hickup the past couple of nights 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15272 of 64350 Old 06-03-2016, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0chastic View Post
Hmm...I wonder if I'm having the same problem that you did with your second set. Bright images look great, but I feel like darker scenes are too dark sometimes. Maybe I'm just not used to such deep blacks? I'm tempted to exchange the set, but I'm very happy with the panel otherwise and don't want to go through the hassle if it turns out it's just a software issue. Maybe I can post some images to verify whether what I'm seeing is abnormal.
Could you post some pics of said dark scenes? I have a P55 on order, if it renders dark scenes similarly to my 2015 e-series i can still cancel my order lol.
post #15273 of 64350 Old 06-03-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Yeah, you should most definitely get on that! I resisted the PC master race for a long time, my friends kept begging me, but I kept resisting. Finally jumped in when I found a good used rig for pretty cheap... holy cow, never going back (though I still adore my Xbox One as a media center, talking to your TV is just awesome, anyone who says otherwise hasn't given it a real try), I've now sank more money than I intended into my PC... but it's still cheaper than buying both consoles outright at launch price and has far more titles than both combined, and of course it'll stomp both in any game (which it did when I bought it for $350).

Awesome, I'll fiddle with those settings now then!

This helps immensely! Thank you so much, I was ready to just accept it as a fault of the game/TV!

Netflix looks fantastic out of the box... I have my Netflix set to the straight out of the box "*Calibrated" setting with the only change being the backlight turned down a bit and it kicks the pants off my old 51" Samsung Plasma, with 4k content it's jaw dropping too... I was in the "who cares about 4K" camp, but it's already changed my opinion on that, Daredevil in 4K looks awesome... though that series was clearly shot with HDR in mind so I can't wait for it to have the DV support

Also, just want to confirm that my casting issues have been fully solved. I've been watching Netflix and Youtube via casting without a single hickup the past couple of nights 
Right i should have been more clear, im sure 4k content will look fine but how about older 1080 content on netflix? I posted a thread other day where the tv show lost looks absolutely atrocious in dark scenes on my 2015 e series. If its even close to that bad on this new set its going back for a sony lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15274 of 64350 Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Right i should have been more clear, im sure 4k content will look fine but how about older 1080 content on netflix? I posted a thread other day where the tv show lost looks absolutely atrocious in dark scenes on my 2015 e series. If its even close to that bad on this new set its going back for a sony lol.
I also should have been more clear; there's still very little 4K content on Netflix, I've mostly been watching 1080P content (and not even great source content at that, Top Gear mostly) and it looks excellent in my opinion... granted, my plasma was never "top of the line", but it's still a pretty darn good set (far better than any LCD of it's time) and the p65 makes it look almost "bad" by comparison with 1080p content... I will say though that the 720p and 1080i content from my Verizon box looks possibly worse, but I think that's mostly due to it being 15" larger diagonally than I'm used to seeing.
post #15275 of 64350 Old 06-03-2016, 11:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by promike View Post
A 50" 4K viewed at 12' would be a waste of money. Stick to 1080p at that viewing distance.
That's not good advice at all because UHD is hardly just about 4K. WCG and HDR are really important new features that are going to be standard in a few years and getting a 1080p set right now is really more of a waste
callworth likes this.
post #15276 of 64350 Old 06-03-2016, 11:51 PM

One more issue with adjusting my display's color space on PC... it seems the latest AMD drivers don't allow you to go into the settings outside of what's available with the "Crimson" setup. Am I missing something? I just downloaded the latest "hotfix" driver and uninstalled the old ones and reinstalled the new one from scratch and now I can't get into the additional settings window. I downloaded the new driver because prior to that there was no section listed in the "additional settings" to change the pixel format.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the settings, they moved it to the "Home" tab for some reason. I still don't have the "Pixel format" tab though... and I can't seem to create a custom display resolution to match the Vizio, it keeps saying it's not compatible...

Last edited by EverydayGetaway; 06-04-2016 at 12:00 AM.
post #15277 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5154 Post(s)
Liked: 3623
FYI for those that still question Color Gamut. I took it upon myself to measure it. Here is the P75 in Vivid mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P75 Color Gamut Vivid.PNG
Views:	227
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	1476993  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #15278 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 01:09 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Netflix Native Resolutions

This is a question for an owner who watches a lot of material streamed from Netflix.

Does Netflix stream the native resolution of the programs that your are watching?

1. 480i for DVD movies.
2. 1080i for Blu-ray TV based programs.
3. 1080P for Blu-ray film based movies.

Or do you have the option, at Netflix, to have all programs converted to 1080p as they are being streamed.

I'm asking because of the current discussion about Netflix picture quality when streaming to the P-Series displays.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-04-2016 at 01:13 AM.
post #15279 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
This is a question for an owner who watches a lot of material streamed from Netflix.

Does Netflix stream the native resolution of the programs that your are watching?

1. 480i for DVD movies.
2. 1080i for Blu-ray TV based programs.
3. 1080P for Blu-ray film based movies.

Or do you have the option, at Netflix, to have all programs converted to 1080p as they are being streamed.

I'm asking because of the current discussion about Netflix picture quality when streaming to the P-Series displays.
Netflix is a mess tbh. Ive seen it all over the place. Honestly the only things that look good on netflix to me are their original series. Check out this page it tells you how to diagnose what netflix is sending, mind you some browsers cap at 720p (thats correct, you cant get 1080p in chrome browser only edge afaik):
http://qz.com/261426/the-hidden-comm...aming-quality/

Let me be clear i dont have the P55 yet that comes next week, but i have a decent quality 1080p TV from last year and my comments above relate to that. I am not expecting a revolution in netflix quality with the P, just hoping dark scenes arent so blocky on the titles that seem low bitrate (basically everything that isnt a netflix original).

Last edited by Fascinate; 06-04-2016 at 01:41 AM.
post #15280 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
That's not good advice at all because UHD is hardly just about 4K. WCG and HDR are really important new features that are going to be standard in a few years and getting a 1080p set right now is really more of a waste
Just pointing out that at 12' you would not be able to see the difference on a 50" screen. You would need a bigger screen.

Speakers: Klipsch RF-7II(2), RC-64II, RS-62II(2), RP-160M(2), Velodyne HGS-15, HSU VTF-15H, Atlantic Technology IC-6-OBA(4)
AVP: Yamaha CX-A5100, BJC certified cables
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), XPA-3
Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra, Nvidia Shield, Sony UBP-X800
JVC DLA-RS540K, (132" screen), Vizio P75-C1 and Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
post #15281 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Just pointing out that at 12' you would not be able to see the difference on a 50" screen. You would need a bigger screen.
This line of reasoning really needs to go the way of the dodo. It made sense a couple years ago and maybe even last year, but quality 1080 screens are very hard to find for reasonable costs and many times they come with last gen smart interfaces. Its 4k from now on in the middle of 2016 with the rare exceptions being oled.
ataneruo likes this.
post #15282 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
This line of reasoning really needs to go the way of the dodo. It made sense a couple years ago and maybe even last year, but quality 1080 screens are very hard to find for reasonable costs and many times they come with last gen smart interfaces. Its 4k from now on in the middle of 2016 with the rare exceptions being oled.
OLED is all 4K as of this year too except for literally 1 model from LG from last year that they will continue till the end.
post #15283 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a delivery question on my P75-C1. I finally got a shipping confirmation from Vizio last night that it is shipping via Manna freight. It says threshold delivery. When they bring it in will they unbox it and plug it in to make sure it at least comes on? I have ordered a couple of other large screen tv's and they always have done this before I signed for it. What has been the norm for people on here who have bought direct from Vizio as far as what the manna driver is willing to do? Is there a way to turn the TV on without needing to fiddle around with the tablet, like a button on the tv so I can at least get it plugged in and turn it on quickly to at least make sure the screen comes on and doesn't look damaged? Thanks all..
post #15284 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Even at 12' you should easily be able to notice a better contrast and richer colors (HDR+WCG), even if you can't really see the improved 'sharpness' of a 4K image.
There are no HDR capable 1080P sets.
ataneruo likes this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #15285 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamibob View Post
I have a delivery question on my P75-C1. I finally got a shipping confirmation from Vizio last night that it is shipping via Manna freight. It says threshold delivery. When they bring it in will they unbox it and plug it in to make sure it at least comes on? I have ordered a couple of other large screen tv's and they always have done this before I signed for it. What has been the norm for people on here who have bought direct from Vizio as far as what the manna driver is willing to do? Is there a way to turn the TV on without needing to fiddle around with the tablet, like a button on the tv so I can at least get it plugged in and turn it on quickly to at least make sure the screen comes on and doesn't look damaged? Thanks all..
http://www.manna.com/threshold-plus-delivery
htwaits, shoman94 and The_Donster like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #15286 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I actually did read that already, I was just wondering if they normally went above and beyond what they say there. My other deliveries were only supposed to be get the box inside as well, but they always at least helped unbox it and get it plugged in and tested. I can't remember if either one of my other tv's were delivered by Manna, my last one was a 65" panasonic plasma about 6 yrs ago and whoever that was actually helped install the base and get it up on the stand after we tested it.
I Just wanted to hear some current personal experiences that people have had with Manna lately.
post #15287 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I actually did read that already, I was just wondering if they normally went above and beyond what they say there. My other deliveries were only supposed to be get the box inside as well, but they always at least helped unbox it and get it plugged in and tested. I can't remember if either one of my other tv's were delivered by Manna, my last one was a 65" panasonic plasma about 6 yrs ago and whoever that was actually helped install the base and get it up on the stand after we tested it.
I Just wanted to hear some current personal experiences that people have had with Manna lately.
A $20 bill can go a long way.
Egan, htwaits and FLAVOLS like this.

Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #15288 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
Unfortunately, this is the one area where I've had to sacrifice. I use optical out of the motherboard and only get PCM stereo. I've thought about buying a USB sound card but don't really want to spend the money. I run the HDMI straight from the GPU to the TV.
GTX 1080 has 2 HDMI outputs. I'm intrigued to know if you can run HDMI 1 out to HDMI 5 in on the tv and use HDMI 2 out to a avr for 7.1 PCM audio. If so, that's likely the ideal hook up for that card.

If you have a multichannel audio system the last thing you want is a sound card. They provide no value. You're either stuck outputting 2 channel or up to 7.1 using analog outs. When you use 5.1/7.1 analog inputs on an avr, you lose processing ability. So no atmos surround upmoxer, no room correction, and so on. Sound cards are only good for computer speakers and headphones.

Edit: don't forget as well that the 1080 can output HDR for games. Rise of the tomb raider and others support it. Of course we likely need our firmware update first for it to work though.

Last edited by JaremyP; 06-04-2016 at 06:49 AM.
post #15289 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
GTX 1080 has 2 HDMI outputs. I'm intrigued to know if you can run HDMI 1 out to HDMI 5 in on the tv and use HDMI 2 out to a avr for 7.1 PCM audio. If so, that's likely the ideal hook up for that card.

If you have a multichannel audio system the last thing you want is a sound card. They provide no value. You're either stuck outputting 2 channel or up to 7.1 using analog outs. When you use 5.1/7.1 analog inputs on an avr, you lose processing ability. So no atmos surround upmoxer, no room correction, and so on. Sound cards are only good for computer speakers and headphones.
There are posts earlier in this thread where they talk about running DVI converted to HDMI to the tv and HDMI to the AVR on the older 980 card that didn't have 2 HDMI ports so i'm sure you could do the same if the card has 2 HDMI ports.

One question though, why do you want to do this? Because your AVR can't pass 4k HDR through to the HDMI 5 on the TV? The reason I was thinking about doing this was so I could use the HDMI 5 on the tv since it is supposed to be a little less input lag directly from the computer when gaming, but then send it through the AVR and go to HDMI 1 on the TV to have more of the processing to possibly make movies and videos that I stream from my PC look better, using an AVR the supports passthrough 4k HDR of course.

Last edited by Swamibob; 06-04-2016 at 07:06 AM.
post #15290 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I can't seem to find this spec in the manual, on Vizio's website, or using the search function here - what is the width of the silver bezel on the P75?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15291 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

Duplicate post, sorry
post #15292 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Should I have any hesitation getting the 65 or 75" if my main source will be a HTPC? I was happy to see that it supports 4:4:4 1080p120 but annoyed that it was on an input that didn't support 4:4:4 4k. I think to work around this, I could have two outputs from my receiver, one that goes to HDMI1 for basically everything, and then another that goes to HDMI5 for when I want to do 1080p gaming on my PC.

So, that should work around that limitation pretty well. Is there any other concerns I should have with it? I was also looking at the KS8000, but obviously that does support 1080p120 at all, so this would be a nice feature to have over that.

I initially completely ignored this TV due to not having HDR 10 support, but reading that there will be a software update to support it has it back on my list.
post #15293 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHBurN View Post
Should I have any hesitation getting the 65 or 75" if my main source will be a HTPC? I was happy to see that it supports 4:4:4 1080p120 but annoyed that it was on an input that didn't support 4:4:4 4k. I think to work around this, I could have two outputs from my receiver, one that goes to HDMI1 for basically everything, and then another that goes to HDMI5 for when I want to do 1080p gaming on my PC.

So, that should work around that limitation pretty well. Is there any other concerns I should have with it? I was also looking at the KS8000, but obviously that does support 1080p120 at all, so this would be a nice feature to have over that.

I initially completely ignored this TV due to not having HDR 10 support, but reading that there will be a software update to support it has it back on my list.
I use 2 outputs from my AVR... 1 for HDMI 5 and 1 for HDMI 1. You may want something like a Harmony Hub and remote to make switching activities a bit more intuitive.
FlasHBurN likes this.

post #15294 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I use 2 outputs from my AVR... 1 for HDMI 5 and 1 for HDMI 1. You may want something like a Harmony Hub and remote to make switching activities a bit more intuitive.
Nice, yeah I actually already have a Harmony Hub so that won't be a problem. So no other issues that I should be concerned with using this TV with a PC?
post #15295 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
There are posts earlier in this thread where they talk about running DVI converted to HDMI to the tv and HDMI to the AVR on the older 980 card that didn't have 2 HDMI ports so i'm sure you could do the same if the card has 2 HDMI ports.

One question though, why do you want to do this? Because your AVR can't pass 4k HDR through to the HDMI 5 on the TV? The reason I was thinking about doing this was so I could use the HDMI 5 on the tv since it is supposed to be a little less input lag directly from the computer when gaming, but then send it through the AVR and go to HDMI 1 on the TV to have more of the processing to possibly make movies and videos that I stream from my PC look better, using an AVR the supports passthrough 4k HDR of course.
I could be wrong but all the 1080gtx I have seen online have 3 displayport 1.3 , 1 hdmi 2.0b and 1 dvi-d port. The only reason I am using the adaptor is because the denon 2112 I am using is not 4k compatible. I will definitely upgrade gpu and purchase ps 4.5 while a new receiver is my last priority at the moment. The best scenario is from thomasfixit. Use a 4k receiver with 2 outputs for gaming and movies.
post #15296 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 39
For some reason my tablet remote for my P55 won't detect WIFI when pairing. It will pair with the TV, but the next step is to use the tablet remote to join a WIFI network. The tablet can't detect a WIFI network even though it is connected to WIFI. Not sure what is happening. It was working for the last 3 days. ANy thoughts?
post #15297 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHBurN View Post
Nice, yeah I actually already have a Harmony Hub so that won't be a problem. So no other issues that I should be concerned with using this TV with a PC?
Getting the HTPC video board to sync correctly is a recurring theme on this thread. It's almost always a setting or driver issue on the HTPC side. If you're planning on doing 4k from the AVR, beware issues with long cables.

post #15298 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
One more issue with adjusting my display's color space on PC... it seems the latest AMD drivers don't allow you to go into the settings outside of what's available with the "Crimson" setup. Am I missing something? I just downloaded the latest "hotfix" driver and uninstalled the old ones and reinstalled the new one from scratch and now I can't get into the additional settings window. I downloaded the new driver because prior to that there was no section listed in the "additional settings" to change the pixel format.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the settings, they moved it to the "Home" tab for some reason. I still don't have the "Pixel format" tab though... and I can't seem to create a custom display resolution to match the Vizio, it keeps saying it's not compatible...
Windows 10 operating system
Right click mouse on free space on desktop
Left click display settings
Left click advanced display settings on the bottom of page
Left click on display adaptor properties on bottom of page
Left click on list all modes
Select resolution and frame
Left click ok twice to change resolution
post #15299 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Getting the HTPC video board to sync correctly is a recurring theme on this thread. It's almost always a setting or driver issue on the HTPC side. If you're planning on doing 4k from the AVR, beware issues with long cables.
Okay thanks. I'd be using a AMD Radeon Fury with a DP->HDMI 2.0 adapter. Luckily the run is relatively short (10ft).
post #15300 of 64350 Old 06-04-2016, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:

True, it's nicer to do it with straight HDMI though and no conversions or adapters. Less cost, trouble, and chance for stuff to not work.

You'd do this to pass all your other sources through the avr to HDMI 1 on the tv. Then split the connection of the PC to the tv and avr through the 2 output ports. This gives you all your video sources well connected as well as being ARC ready. The PC can then run at the lowest input lag on HDMI 5 directly as well as doing 1080/120 if you like, but the processable multichannel PCM can still get to your avr.

It's not a necessary setup but the easiest to get some that signal capability. I may end up just running my PC through my preamp for 4K/60 gaming on HDMI 1 anyway.

Oh another thing. You can then configure the picture settings for HDMI 1 for video and 5 for gaming. It's all a lot less manual management.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page