Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 514 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288471Likes

post #15391 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by bin01123 View Post
New owner here. Just got the TV today and I'm loving it so far. I just have to find calibration settings that I like.
Read post number one.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15392 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1545 Post(s)
Liked: 891
Quote:
Right now I'm on calibrated dark with the settings I found from this website. Picture seems a bit too dark so I'm still looking for something I like and I'm open to any suggestions. I'm sure its just me not knowing how calibrate this properly.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/viz...-2016/settings
I think they calibrate to 100 cd/m2 which is pretty dark to most....you could check out the Calibration forum and post 1 has settings per size. Also you just just keep the settings you have and just increase the backlight, that will help a bunch with it being too dark.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #15393 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Right now I'm on calibrated dark with the settings I found from this website. Picture seems a bit too dark so I'm still looking for something I like and I'm open to any suggestions. I'm sure its just me not knowing how calibrate this properly.
Click here to check out the P-Series calibration thread.

I'm not involved directly, but there are members who do not like the rting.com settings.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15394 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I think they calibrate to 100 cd/m2 which is pretty dark to most....you could check out the Calibration forum and post 1 has settings per size. Also you just just keep the settings you have and just increase the backlight, that will help a bunch with it being too dark.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks
post #15395 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Click here to check out the P-Series calibration thread.

I'm not involved directly, but there are members who do not like the rting.com settings.
Thanks. I'll take a look and give that a try.
post #15396 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 124
used the p55 settings from the thread(the bright spot is an illusion it looks fine in person, camera exaggerates things in night mode for some reason)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160604_215729843.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1478929  

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #15397 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngs428 View Post
For some reason my tablet remote for my P55 won't detect WIFI when pairing. It will pair with the TV, but the next step is to use the tablet remote to join a WIFI network. The tablet can't detect a WIFI network even though it is connected to WIFI. Not sure what is happening. It was working for the last 3 days. ANy thoughts?

I had a similar issue with my P65. Factory reset of the display did the trick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I ended up doing a factory reset. After the reset it did not work initially. For some reason the "Starting WiFi scan failed" error on the tablet cleared and it actually connected. Not sure what I did to make it work, but it did work.

Pairing when you hold near the bottom right was working no problem. The next step in the process, connecting via WiFi was the issue.
post #15398 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Netflix Dolby Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c2 View Post
I don't think the android device being stereo is really an issue with Netflix limitations .
You can get the Netflix app built into 5.1 products .
I have a Samsung bluray with Netflix app .

Afaik Netflix have only ever streamed lossy 5.1 max .
That might have changed recently as it takes around the same bandwidth for atmos , but I don't have any atmos products to check .
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/tel...-of-4k-1255214
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NetflixAtmos.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1478969  
post #15399 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2987 Post(s)
Liked: 2826
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post
used the p55 settings from the thread(the bright spot is an illusion it looks fine in person, camera exaggerates things in night mode for some reason)

I agree is color noise from the camera. Any clouding or light bleed should be gray.

The camera sensor always struggle in the dark even on professional cameras and that's a very bright tv in a dark room ,the camera will also struggle on trying to focus at both bright and dark at the same time.

You have a very good ips panel.

Last edited by losservatore; 06-04-2016 at 08:23 PM.
post #15400 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganTim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
Streaming services do not work that way. With Netflix the quality of the stream will be based on the level of service you are paying for and then how well the internet is between you and their servers.
The quality levels are:
•Low (0.3 GB per hour) 480p
•Medium (SD: 0.7 GB per hour) 480p
•High (Best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD (720p to 1080p24) and 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD (UHD))
•Auto (Adjusts automatically to deliver the highest possible quality, based on your current Internet connection speed)
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-th...ng-hd-netflix/
Internet connection speed recommendations:
•0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
•1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
•3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
•5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
•25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

Amazon Prime works the same way but there is not an extra charge for the HD versions of 720p or 1080p24. I don't know if UHD is available.

Vudu is different as there is no subscription fee as it is a pay as you go system. You pay depending on the level of video quality you choose and then the ability of your internet connection.
The video quality selections are SD (480p), HD (720p), and HDX (1080p24). I use all HDX so you will need a constant 6meg to 9 meg connection in order to get a stable stream. Since I have a substantial investment in my HDX library as it mirrors my Bluray library, I have no interest to start buying any UHD even if I have a UHD capable device. I honestly don't believe UHD will be taken up by the general population as they will not pay the price for the content.
In my opinion Vudu is the best service of them all as the video quality is the best available of all the streaming services.

One thing worth noting is the content owners have been mastering all movie and non live TV shows in 1080p24 since around 1999. This was an idea that Sony came up with in order to save storage space, responds to compression very well, reduce bandwidth demands to transport, and to also provide constant high quality video playback no matter what method of transport would be used. So basically anything you are watching on a DVD, Bluray, OTA, cable, satellite, or any streaming service is coming from the same 1080p24 master. So if you are only getting an SD feed from Netflix it is coming from the 1080p24 master and then down converted to send to you.
Here is an article that was released in December of 1998 discussing how 1080p24 came about for digital communications.
http://www.tech-notes.tv/Jim/Articles/24vs48sF.html
Other interesting articles related to this:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/Jim/homepage.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
I believe there are to many variables with some of the streaming issues that are being reported here. First you have to look at the persons internet setup in their home. Then you have to start to look at possible issues with the internal wiring if the person is using cable. Then you have to move outside the home to see if there is issues with the wiring outside. You then also have to take into account of just to much congestion on the network from the subscribers home to the servers at Netflix.

A lot of ingress happens inside the customers home as the cable companies do not have control of the wiring in the home. About 90% of the signal issues are in the home. This can be old wiring, improperly installed wiring, wrong grade of wiring, old or improperly installed F connectors, old or poor grade of splitters, to many splitters. Outside it will be mainly weather damaged equipment.
Ingress comes from many sources. Ham radios, CB radios, two way radios, emergency services radios, pagers, OTA signals, the uplink and down link of long term evolution. Long term evolution is becoming the biggest problem for those systems that are operating in the 700Mhz to 800Mhz range. A lot of cable boxes and modems are not shielded from the signals, so you combine this with poor wiring in the home, the LTE signal is back fed into the distribution system and then is amplified at the first active and then sent back down stream to all the homes in the neighborhood. And the service that takes the biggest impact from all this is the downstream internet if it happens to be in that frequency spectrum.

A big issue with cable is most of the customers belong to very large providers and those systems are actually to large to manage and maintain. For example, Comcast is a large corporation that is made up of about 200 to 300 small cable systems that they bought up over the years. Each of those systems has their own headends and distribution systems and are of various bandwidth sizes. Some are 850Mhz, 750Mhz, 700Mhz, 650Mhz, 600Mhzm and even a few that are around 550Mhz. They are also comprised of two different systems being Arris (Motorola) and Cisco (Scientific Atlantic).
This is why you always hear of inconsistent feed back from Comcast users.

My cable system is made up of only 3 headends and is privately owned. They are in the middle of a upgrade to the Arris E6000 platform. Just to upgrade the 3 headends to 1Ghz and build three fiber hubs they have spent over 150 million dollars. When the upgrades are complete the price tag will be around 250 million dollars. There is also two other family members with 3 headends each and the total cost for everything will be north of 900 million dollars. Just figure what it will take for Comcast to do the same thing to all their headends. Also the time it will take to cover that many systems.
Before the upgrade there was some evenings that I could not even stream internet radio as the network on my system was so congested. Now with the upgrade I have absolutely no issues at all. I can stream Vudu HDX at any time of the day or night and never have my internet connection slow or drop out.
If that 3D audio is lossless it would sell me, but there is the problem that Jed1 has pointed out in these two posts lurking in the background.

We need a way around all the bottle necks. Does anyone know a way to bring fiber optics speed to a neighborhood and then go wireless with that speed to users? I live in Silicon Valley so it should be implemented here right away.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:
post #15401 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgive me for not reading the entire thread but I am curious if anybody has done any extensive comparisons between the 55" and other sizes to compare how the IPS compares to the VA panels?

Since i'm looking at mounting the Vizio above my computer monitors as a movie/stats/video panel.. The extra viewing angle of the IPS might be better for my setup than if I mounted a VA above.

I'd imagine even though it's IPS, since it's still full array backlit, it should still have amazing contrast although I realize not as much as VA due to the manufacturing process and the way it allows light to pass through.

Thanks in advance,

-Div

Vizio P50-C1
Vizio M50-C1
Vizio E701i-A3
Vizio D40u-D1
post #15402 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post
Your panel does indeed look very good and similar to what my panel looked like with SDR content prior to the .14.4 firmware. What firmware version are you on? Do you have any blooming into the letterbox areas when the edges of the actual video are bright? Have you tried any Dolby Vision content and seen blooming in the letterbox areas?
post #15403 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
So when you said Netflix was only stereo because of the android tablet you really meant???? ....

Quote:
P-series, ARC, Dolby Atmos, Vizio Dolby digital setting. Problem solved.

Nut shell. Vudu is the only app that supports Vizio DD setting. If you set Vizio audio setting to DD. Then play Vudu Dolby atmos experience through cast. It all works.

I have been using netflix. Based on discussion in forum, I never thought to think that Netflix android app does not support 5.x.x/7.x.x. If you think about it, it does make total sense. What devices does android run on that has surround sound? tablet's, Phones? Nope. They are at best 2 speaker systems. So there is no problem on my end with Pioneer or Vizio. Well maybe slightly Vizio. The problem is Netflix. But Why didn't Vizio work with netflix to more harmonious integrate netflix just like Vudu into there app. Guessing it will be 6 months to a year before netflix app would support 5.x.x.

After getting the run around from 7:30 to 10:30pm tonight. Talking to Pioneer, Vizio, Netflix. All of them pointing fingers at each other. I pulled conference call between netflix and Vizio. By 11:45 Netflix accepted blame. I am exhausted. But glad we found the problem. Wow, what a night.

Thanks for your help,
Tim

Last edited by Ian c2; 06-04-2016 at 08:51 PM.
post #15404 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Which driver version is this that you're running? I think I'm just going to revert back to that edition for now since AMD gimped the latest drivers

Also, does anyone know why my default resolution always says "3840x2160" instead of the full 4K resolution?
I actually took that image from the link I provided, but to get to these settings you have to go to the "home" page of the driver settings and then click on preferences at the bottom. Apparently AMD hasn't incorporated these options into their new UI, but they are still there.
tampabayrays likes this.
post #15405 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0chastic View Post
Yes, I ran into the same issue. Make sure that colorspace is set to full RGB rather than AUTO. Also, you need to change the pixel format in your GPU settings to RBG 4:4:4.

Here is a link to a page with instructions on how to fix HDMI color on Nvidia and AMD GPUs: https://pcmonitors.info/articles/cor...-and-amd-gpus/

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. Should I have HDMI color subsampling on or off on the vizio for the pc input (hdmi 5 for me)?
post #15406 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I just purchased the P65 yesterday. It just updated to the latest firmware today. I'm having 4:4:4 60Hz chroma issues with an Nvidia GTX 960 . Once I enabled the "HDMI color subsampling" option, I was able to get Nvidia to keep the settings (YCbCr444 or RGB @ 60Hz), but it is not displaying the standard chroma test (quick brown fox) properly...colors are a bit washed out (especially the green and yellow) and the bottom two lines are blurry. I called Vizio and spoke to their support (level 2 I think), and they are aware of others reporting the issue with GTX cards. Additionally, I am having dropped frames and syncing issues using the tests at testufo.com regardless of the refresh rate I set the card at.

Here is a picture of what it looks like. I have the preview .png next to it for comparative purposes to show how off the color and chroma subsampling is.

Here is a pic of the settings in the Nvidia control panel:

The chroma problems is the same if I switch the color format to RGB with full dynamic range.
Bahn Yuki likes this.

Aren't you gonna take your skates off?
post #15407 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0chastic View Post
I actually took that image from the link I provided, but to get to these settings you have to go to the "home" page of the driver settings and then click on preferences at the bottom. Apparently AMD hasn't incorporated these options into their new UI, but they are still there.
Nope, I know how to get into those settings, but the pixel format option is no longer there. I'll link a screenshot tomorrow, way too tired from wrenching on my car today to do it now 😉
post #15408 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Forgive me for not reading the entire thread but I am curious if anybody has done any extensive comparisons between the 55" and other sizes to compare how the IPS compares to the VA panels?

Since i'm looking at mounting the Vizio above my computer monitors as a movie/stats/video panel.. The extra viewing angle of the IPS might be better for my setup than if I mounted a VA above.

I'd imagine even though it's IPS, since it's still full array backlit, it should still have amazing contrast although I realize not as much as VA due to the manufacturing process and the way it allows light to pass through.

Thanks in advance,

-Div
I've read the complete thread and I don't recall any extensive comparisons. Just comments from owners that are generally in line with your expectations. There are a few people who wouldn't have an IPS screen for any reason.

I don't know if the vertical viewing angels are as good as the reports about horizontal viewing angles.
Ph8te likes this.

My Components:
Calibration Resources:

Last edited by htwaits; 06-05-2016 at 11:02 AM.
post #15409 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
So I just want to got on record that I likely messed up the method for measuring DCI-P3 and go further to say that Vizio's claim of 96% of Gamut may not be true from my results. I know @Matt McRae posted the chart with results using the CIE1976uv so that may be what they claim the 96% to. I found where to really set DCI-P3. Previously I think when I selected the P75 it was bringing up the colorspace of the Vizio. Hopefully Matt will see this post and elaborate more on this.

Attached is CalMAN's DCI-P3 Gamut based on the CIE1931xy Colorspace read on my P75 in Vivid mode. I also attached the REC.2020 chart. I'm also attaching my xy numbers that can be compared with Matt's details in the first post of this thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-06-05.png
Views:	190
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	1479529   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-05 (1).png
Views:	162
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1479537   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-05 (2).png
Views:	184
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	1479545   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-05 (3).png
Views:	188
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1479553   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-05 (4).png
Views:	189
Size:	490.4 KB
ID:	1479561  

Name:	ColorspaceDCIp3.PNG
Views:	177
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1479569  
MCaugusto, VBB and tampabayrays like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+

Last edited by shoman94; 06-04-2016 at 10:12 PM.
post #15410 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 408
is it true IPS panels have much higher brightness? I wonder if the 55" version has better brightness levels and in turn possibly more "pop" on some content. I know Panasonic is releasing a FALD LED with IPS panels that was supposed to have insane black levels. Which tells me perhaps FALD IPS panels might be the "new plasmas". IE: cheaper but great quality alternatives to expensive OLEDs.

Upstairs - Sony 75x940e: soundbar - Klipsch R-20B
Basement - BenQ HT3050: screen - Elite 125" motorized ATS: speakers - RF-7IIx2, RC-64II, RS-41IIx2, RS-42IIx2, AVR Denon x4000 -- subs PC-12NSD + RW12D
Bedroom - LG 65eg9600: soundbar - LG SH3K
post #15411 of 63936 Old 06-04-2016, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
is it true IPS panels have much higher brightness? I wonder if the 55" version has better brightness levels and in turn possibly more "pop" on some content. I know Panasonic is releasing a FALD LED with IPS panels that was supposed to have insane black levels. Which tells me perhaps FALD IPS panels might be the "new plasmas". IE: cheaper but great quality alternatives to expensive OLEDs.
It supposed to be able, to acheive a higher %(IPS) of the color gamut. Maybe the Honeycomb configuration, and a better algorithm helps but I noticed in pic posted that they used a white material to house the leds, which isn't because it reflects white. Maybe they saw the error and changed the housing to a mat black material.
post #15412 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have been using my P50 and it has worked great as a PC monitor. I just have one issue, while playing Diablo 3 it will randomly (usually after 20 minutes to two hours later) minimize my game. It does not close the game, just minimizes it and I am at the desktop. Any ideas why?
post #15413 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
So i have a P55 on order and was just thinking about 4k netflix stuff. I go to netflix type 4k and 59 titles come up, awesome. Then i got to my phones netflix app and type 4k....there are only 20 titles there. What gives? Obviously i can search for the ones that didnt show up, but why it doing that? This is on a standard android phone with most updated netflix app.
post #15414 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by eabeck View Post
Your panel does indeed look very good and similar to what my panel looked like with SDR content prior to the .14.4 firmware. What firmware version are you on? Do you have any blooming into the letterbox areas when the edges of the actual video are bright? Have you tried any Dolby Vision content and seen blooming in the letterbox areas?
using firmware version 1.1.14.4; didnt really notice any blooming when watching star wars and revenge of the sith blurays, was specifically looking for it with the scenes on the ship with the bright, white interior. ATM I do not have access to Dolby Vision or HDR content(receiver does not support ARC or 4k and im looking into how much adding 4k streaming to netflix will be).

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #15415 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Am I correct in saying that creating picture modes is global and not per input? I wanted to have slightly different settings for the Cast input vs my AVR input, but keep the picture names the same. However it seems like changing the settings does it for both inputs.
post #15416 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
So I just want to got on record that I likely messed up the method for measuring DCI-P3 and go further to say that Vizio's claim of 96% of Gamut may not be true from my results. I know @Matt McRae posted the chart with results using the CIE1976uv so that may be what they claim the 96% to. I found where to really set DCI-P3. Previously I think when I selected the P75 it was bringing up the colorspace of the Vizio. Hopefully Matt will see this post and elaborate more on this.

Attached is CalMAN's DCI-P3 Gamut based on the CIE1931xy Colorspace read on my P75 in Vivid mode. I also attached the REC.2020 chart. I'm also attaching my xy numbers that can be compared with Matt's details in the first post of this thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting that your 84% measurement for CIE DCI-P3 color space coverage is so close to rtings.com measurement of 81.5%.

Matt McRae from Vizio mentioned expected measurement variations from sample to sample but keep in mind that the chart he provided with Vizio's own measurements of different models of the P-Series between 91.5% up to 99% coverage use the CIE 1976 color space, not CIE DCI-P3 color space.
I imagine both color spaces are very similar as far as color coverage amount is concerned ?

On a side note, the original CIE 1931 measurement is essentially a chart of the full spectrum of colors that the human eye can see, or 100%.
NTSC/PAL/SECAM from the 1950's covers approximately 47% of that amount, Rec.709 digital standards from the 1990's and sRGB cover about 34%, Adobe RGB covers 50%, DCI-P3 covers about 46% and Rec.2020 covers 67%.

Shocking that NTSC color spectrum coverage was actually much larger than current Rec.709 (47% vs. 34%) and the fact that DCI-P3 (46%) merely restores previous better standards !
Surly73 likes this.

Last edited by MCaugusto; 06-05-2016 at 06:32 AM.
post #15417 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdrock View Post
I just purchased the P65 yesterday. It just updated to the latest firmware today. I'm having 4:4:4 60Hz chroma issues with an Nvidia GTX 960 . Once I enabled the "HDMI color subsampling" option, I was able to get Nvidia to keep the settings (YCbCr444 or RGB @ 60Hz), but it is not displaying the standard chroma test (quick brown fox) properly...colors are a bit washed out (especially the green and yellow) and the bottom two lines are blurry. I called Vizio and spoke to their support (level 2 I think), and they are aware of others reporting the issue with GTX cards. Additionally, I am having dropped frames and syncing issues using the tests at testufo.com regardless of the refresh rate I set the card at.

Here is a picture of what it looks like. I have the preview .png next to it for comparative purposes to show how off the color and chroma subsampling is.

Here is a pic of the settings in the Nvidia control panel:

The chroma problems is the same if I switch the color format to RGB with full dynamic range.
I am on hdmi 5 connected to Amd 7950 crossfire with club 3d displayport adaptor to amazon 10 foot basics hdmi cable. When using this adapter, I think displayport always implies full range 4:4:4. The lazy dog photo shows perfect text but the pink 4:4:4 test only shows 4:2:2. I have the same results with input 2. This same discussion in more detail can be found on hardforum under display section...

Here are the links to the 2 tests... http://www.geeks3d.com/20141203/how-...our-4k-uhd-tv/ - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172292
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160605_094557.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	419.4 KB
ID:	1479905   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160605_094617.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	1479913   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160605_100709.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1479921  
post #15418 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi, have a quick couple of questions

I've read some posts here from people complaining about the upscaling of non 4k content to be sub par on the p series (i am a new p55 owner). will upscaling from an AVR make any difference in this or this is actually down to the TV itself? Is it really or actually that bad as people say it is?

Thanks.
post #15419 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just purchased a P65-c1. The TV looks fantastic and I really want to love this tablet remote.. But so far it's terrible. Running current firmware. With the set off I pick up remote. Open Vizio app and press power. Nothing happens. It just spins. I have to use the smaller remote to turn the set on. Even once it's on the tablet still doesn't do anything for a good minute or so. I see the wifi bars moving so I know it's TRYING to do something.

But if this thing can't reliably even turn the display on, then it's not ready for prime time. Does anyone else see these or other connection issues with the tablet?

I do not want to be Vizio beta tester. They should have worked these bugs out.
post #15420 of 63936 Old 06-05-2016, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoflick View Post
Just purchased a P65-c1. The TV looks fantastic and I really want to love this tablet remote.. But so far it's terrible. Running current firmware. With the set off I pick up remote. Open Vizio app and press power. Nothing happens. It just spins. I have to use the smaller remote to turn the set on. Even once it's on the tablet still doesn't do anything for a good minute or so. I see the wifi bars moving so I know it's TRYING to do something.

But if this thing can't reliably even turn the display on, then it's not ready for prime time. Does anyone else see these or other connection issues with the tablet?

I do not want to be Vizio beta tester. They should have worked these bugs out.
Read through page 1, post 1 and see if there aren't a few things you can try there. Honestly, the tablet has been a pretty reliable component here. Wifi, bluetooth and casting issues exist but most often resolved by resets or fixing some internal network issue in the home.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page