Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 524 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288511Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15691 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBlue View Post
Looking for a suggestion from fellow owners that know more about all of this than me...

About to get my new P65 set up, but I was wondering about how best to set up the audio. I've got an older Denon AVR that does 7.1, but not 4k, so I was thinking about using the TV's HDMI ports for my devices and then sending the audio back down to the AVR through ARC. Do I have the right idea here, or is there a better way to do this to get my surround sound along with the 4K picture?

Thanks!
Do you have any 4K devices? You'll get better audio by connecting any devices that are not 4k directly to your AVR.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
htwaits is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15692 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Jackson View Post
Just wanted to share my experiences thus far in case anyone else was having similar issues.
Be sure to let us know how your third set works out. Your two sets seemed to have totally different problems.

Good luck.
tampabayrays likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
htwaits is offline  
post #15693 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngf1sh View Post
We've had various Harmony remotes over the years and always liked them. I decided to get a Harmony Hub to go with my P65's tablet and I love it. Don't have to worry about pointing the tablet at anything, the app panels are customizable, the whole thing works great. It takes having one remote for everything to the next level.
Thanks for the info! I'll probably pick one up when my remote dies or I get sick of it and save it as a backup. Does the harmony app on android have widgets that you can put on the home screen to avoid launching the full app? That would make the process a little smoother.
tampabayrays is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15694 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Member
 
eabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxes84 View Post
Wow you still have your vizio?! Weren't you that would get them out of business?
Anyway, I'm not liking my p55 after the update. Sucks that I only have 1 day off. By the time that I got to do some testing I couldn't get in contact with vizio support. Didn't want to do it by email but it's probably what I'm gonna have to do.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
I wasn't happy with my P55 after the .14.4 update either. Had a lot more blooming than pre-update. Did some more testing and found that lowering the backlight to between 10-14 in Calibrated Dark for dark room viewing solved my issues (at least for SDR content, haven't had a chance to checkout letterbox HDR content yet). It was still plenty bright at this setting. They must have increased light output in the latest firmware.
eabeck is offline  
post #15695 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Member
 
Strangelove1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganTim View Post
+1
Hurrah it works!!!!
Thank you so much! I had played around with this at one time. But it did not work. Maybe I needed to power off the system to get it to re-sync flags. Which I did not do before. You must also select the input TV. For it to work. What a pain the butt. Well I am happy now sort of. A bit bum I lost the control. But I will give that up for surround sound!

Thanks Again!
Can you tell me whether it recognizes your receiver in the system/cec menu? Mine used to but no longer does. So now in order to get audio through ARC I have to manually switch the speakers from off to on back to off. Was on the phone with tech support for 50 minutes to no avail.
e03179 likes this.
Strangelove1 is offline  
post #15696 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turts85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Haven't heard from any P55 owners...that's either because they are enjoying their sets or returned them.

I am getting some weird motion effects on all content not just casting any more. With all the motion issues being discussed across the board I can't tell if this is because the set is 60hz (120hz effective) or if it's the motion processing in general. I'm starting to lean back towards the P55, just cause of sheer size and it's 120hz. The P55 was great minus some of the LB bar issues.

Love my P50 as far as blacks and especially price wise but can't find a good ground with motion for all content. Any suggestions from fellow P50 owners? What's the best settings for our 60hz set?
turts85 is offline  
post #15697 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Member
 
buntcake72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Jackson View Post
Greetings everyone, I have been browsing these forums for a long time but first time poster. I purchased the P65 about a month and a half ago, managing to snag the only one that the local best buy had in inventory that was pegged for store demo but they gave it to me brand new and un-opened. I was inititally very impressed with the picture of the unit, having come from a Panasonic VT-60 plasma. the picture was great and watching Pacific Rim on Vudu in HDR was a great experience, especially after some brief initial calibration using this site as a guideline. Unfortunately my joy was short lived as I began to have issues. Used it for a few weeks and began to have a terrible banding that covered the right 50% of the screen. the issue wasn't tied to any particular HDMI port, whether it was directly to the TV or through the AVR. I tried unplugging all and the result was the same. It would pop up and randomly disappear and work fine till the next time.

I spoke with Vizio and did the usual troubleshooting steps and after that plus pictures I provided, they decided to send me a replacement. A week later the new TV arrived and before they left, we powered it up to make sure it was good. TV looked fine, but the new tablet wouldn't boot at all, so I just kept my original. The following day I went to turn it on and there was nothing but a black picture on any input. I could load up the on-screen display, casting apps etc and could see vudu/netflix just fine as far as the base program, but the moment you tried to play an actual movie you would only see black screen. If you paused it, the pause menu item would display but nothing of the video would show. After about 10-15 minutes of this you would start seeing flashes of the video and it would stay on the screen longer and flash more frequent until it would finally stay. Almost seemed like whatever it was, was doing a warm-up of sorts and would finally stay on once the TV had warmed up. Weird that it would only affect actual video and not the on-screen portions of the program.

Another phone call and trouble shooting to vizio and they once again could not resolve the issue and decided to send another replacement which will be arriving on the 15th. So this will be my 3rd TV in the span of less than 2 months. I've been told that if this one has an issue, they will put in for a refund. I'm not hear to slam the TV or vizio by any means. I can't say I'm not disappointed in the issues I've had in such a short period of time, but they have at least been good about getting it replaced. hopefully the third times a charm as they say. If not then I will move on and try something else.

Just wanted to share my experiences thus far in case anyone else was having similar issues. For reference firmware was updated to newest version anytime there was an update and the usual troubleshooting steps were tried, but the issues were never tied to anything connected to the tv and hard reset had no affect on either issue.
My third p75 is due by the 16th. Vizio is spot on with service but I won't accept a fourth replacement if this one has issues. First set was an Arc problem. This one, vertical split, banding (both grey and yellow...looks like a tic tac toe board on white scenes!), and bad backlight blooming. My Samsung 65 4K from 2014 whom I sold to a friend performs better and that makes me sad.
buntcake72 is offline  
post #15698 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Member
 
jxes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eabeck View Post
I wasn't happy with my P55 after the .14.4 update either. Had a lot more blooming than pre-update. Did some more testing and found that lowering the backlight to between 10-14 in Calibrated Dark for dark room viewing solved my issues (at least for SDR content, haven't had a chance to checkout letterbox HDR content yet). It was still plenty bright at this setting. They must have increased light output in the latest firmware.
I tested with some 4k trailers on YouTube and Marco Polo on Netflix. I can definitely notice black bars going from black to grayish. Also glowing corners. Never had that problem before 14.4.


Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
jxes84 is offline  
post #15699 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 11:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fanboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,036
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 167
YELLOW BAND UPDATE: It's color temperature specific, it doesn't manifest in "Computer" or "Cool" modes. How does that help? No idea, it means it's light based-not panel based.

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.
Fanboyz is offline  
post #15700 of 64175 Old 06-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestr View Post
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but VIZIO has the new Smartcast sound bars up on their site. It says coming soon and is listed for $499.99 for the 5.1 model and $449.99 for the 3.1 model.
http://www.vizio.com/audio.html


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WOW thats messed up, the 40" wont fit under my P55. Soundbar is 40" long measurement between my stands is 39.24". Really was hoping they were going to design them to fit with P series at least, i was banking on this i guess they said screw it.
Fascinate is offline  
post #15701 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:04 AM
Member
 
EverydayGetaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by buntcake72 View Post
My third p75 is due by the 16th. Vizio is spot on with service but I won't accept a fourth replacement if this one has issues. First set was an Arc problem. This one, vertical split, banding (both grey and yellow...looks like a tic tac toe board on white scenes!), and bad backlight blooming. My Samsung 65 4K from 2014 whom I sold to a friend performs better and that makes me sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
YELLOW BAND UPDATE: It's color temperature specific, it doesn't manifest in "Computer" or "Cool" modes. How does that help? No idea, it means it's light based-not panel based.
Can anyone post a link to a picture of this yellow banding... I suspect my set may have this problem too!

I was watching Daredevil tonight and in one scene in a garage there was a weird faint yellow band going across part of the screen... I couldn't tell if it was a weird effect the director was going for or if it was the screen, or stream... unfortunately the scene was a tripod shot, so no camera movement to help distinguish what was causing the band. I haven't seen it on any other content though, including several other shots from the episode in the same location with the same lighting. I'm also typing this from my PC displayed on the p65 and I don't see any banding unless I really, really look closely to see the very faint vertical yellow bands that I saw one user complaining about many pages ago.

I really don't feel like dealing with exchanging this set... but if I have to I will. Overall I love this TV, definitely don't want to swap to anything else (unless 4K OLED prices randomly plummet). I'm totally new to LCD though, so I'm still trying to determine the extent of normal "issues" that shouldn't be worried too much about (like temporary burn in and buzzing with Plasmas).
EverydayGetaway is offline  
post #15702 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Anago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
WOW thats messed up, the 40" wont fit under my P55. Soundbar is 40" long measurement between my stands is 39.24". Really was hoping they were going to design them to fit with P series at least, i was banking on this i guess they said screw it.
I'm going to try the 45" above the TV.

http://www.amazon.com/Soundbar-Mount..._detailpages00

Vizio P75-C1, P50-C1, P65-C1- FW 7.0.8.2-1
Samsung UHD Bluray K8500 - LG UBK90 DV Bluray player
Vizio SB46514-F6 Soundbar - Vizio SB4551-D5 Soundbar
Directv Genie HR34 - Chromecast Ultra
Anago is online now  
post #15703 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
WOW thats messed up, the 40" wont fit under my P55. Soundbar is 40" long measurement between my stands is 39.24". Really was hoping they were going to design them to fit with P series at least, i was banking on this i guess they said screw it.
You seem to have a very consistent view of the world you live in.

By the way, one of the standards for placing the front speakers in a 5.1 set up is to have them a little bit in from of the screen. My center channel is 12" in front of the screen, and the two towers are 9.5" in front of the screen. Our audio system was calibrated by Jeff Meier (UMR here at AVS). A couple of inches in front of the screen should work for you, and it might even sound better even though it's a sound bar.

Another standard is to avoid placing speakers on a surface that extends out past the drivers. Sound reflects off of hard surfaces in ways that can muddy things like human voices.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-07-2016 at 12:19 AM.
htwaits is offline  
post #15704 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
You seem to have a very consistent view of the world you live in.

By the way, one of the standards for placing the front speakers in a 5.1 set up is to have them a little bit in from of the screen. My center channel is 12" in front of the screen, and the two towers are 9.5" in front of the screen. Our audio system was calibrated by Jeff Meier (UMR here at AVS). A couple of inches in front of the screen should work for you, and it might even sound better even though it's a soundbar.
I saw in a video on youtube (cant seem to find it now) they were planning on making these new sound bars to fit underneath the TV's. I mean ya i would be able to put it in front of the TV its just a shame it wont fit right under it, would have looked so nice that way.
Fascinate is offline  
post #15705 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:24 AM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
I saw in a video on youtube (cant seem to find it now) they were planning on making these new sound bars to fit underneath the TV's. I mean ya i would be able to put it in front of the TV its just a shame it wont fit right under it, would have looked so nice that way.
Those pictures would have come from the marketing department. I doubt that Vizio has much real interest in good quality audio. Sound bars are, as you say, intended to make the room look better. I wouldn't knock that, but I put in a few years to get an audio system that made me and my wife happy. Jeff Meier was a big help, because my wife hit it off with him right away. He's a clever dog.

Read the last sentence of my speaker post. I added another way to get better audio for human voices.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-07-2016 at 12:28 AM.
htwaits is offline  
post #15706 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland,Ohio
Posts: 7,042
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2987 Post(s)
Liked: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
YELLOW BAND UPDATE: It's color temperature specific, it doesn't manifest in "Computer" or "Cool" modes. How does that help? No idea, it means it's light based-not panel based.
Are you 100% sure that the cool temp is not masking the yellow bands? but I agree ,It could be an uneven color temp on the led strips.

Last edited by losservatore; 06-07-2016 at 12:39 AM.
losservatore is offline  
post #15707 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Those pictures would have come from the marketing department. I doubt that Vizio has much real interest in good quality audio. Sound bars are, as you say, intended to make the room look better. I wouldn't knock that, but I put in a few years to get an audio system that made me and my wife happy. Jeff Meier was a big help, because my wife hit it off with him right away. He's a clever dog.

Read the last sentence of my speaker post. I added another way to get better audio for human voices.
Oh for sure, im just looking for upgraded audio from stock its for a bedroom afterall. But honestly i may actually look into a hi-fi system these new sound bar prices are kind of absurd. I could probably go to a pawn shop and do it for under the 370 asking price for the 3.1 model lol.
Fascinate is offline  
post #15708 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:48 AM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
Oh for sure, im just looking for upgraded audio from stock its for a bedroom afterall. But honestly i may actually look into a hi-fi system these new sound bar prices are kind of absurd. I could probably go to a pawn shop and do it for under the 370 asking price for the 3.1 model lol.
It should be easy to find two small and good sounding high efficiency bookshelf speakers for $50 to $100 each that would sound better running simple stereo from the display, but they certainly wouldn't look as good.

There is a lot information in the AVS speaker forums.

I just looked at a stock picture of a P-Series set. I think that it's possible that, with the difference in the height of the screen and the height of the sound bar along with the angle of the feet, the sound bar will just fit under the screen. No way to tell without the two objects in hand. The only demo P-Series sets I've seen have been hanging on a wall.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-07-2016 at 01:01 AM.
htwaits is offline  
post #15709 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 12:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
It should be easy to find two small and good sounding high efficiency bookshelf speakers for $50 to $100 each that would sound better running simple stereo from the display, but they certainly wouldn't look as good.

There is a lot information in the AVS speaker forums.
Yup just made a post over there lol. Id prefer bookshelf to tower but my stand does not have a good place for bookshelf. Gonna try and find slimmest tower speakers i can get my hands on as well as center channel (will fit on my stand) and a powered sub to put under the bed.

Hmm just saw your edit, i guess id have to see one in store to be sure. Ill wait it out a bit til best buy or my local stores start getting them. In meantime gonna price out a hifi system cause boredom

Last edited by Fascinate; 06-07-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Fascinate is offline  
post #15710 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
Yup just made a post over there lol. Id prefer bookshelf to tower but my stand does not have a good place for bookshelf. Gonna try and find slimmest tower speakers i can get my hands on as well as center channel (will fit on my stand) and a powered sub to put under the bed.
I added another thought again. All you need is 3/8" on each side from the angle of feet sloping away from the center if the screen.

If you put my sub under your bed it would bring a whole new dimension to watching action movies or what ever.
driven2perl likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 06-07-2016 at 01:33 AM.
htwaits is offline  
post #15711 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 02:44 AM
Member
 
Shakesa7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
Haven't heard from any P55 owners...that's either because they are enjoying their sets or returned them.

I am getting some weird motion effects on all content not just casting any more. With all the motion issues being discussed across the board I can't tell if this is because the set is 60hz (120hz effective) or if it's the motion processing in general. I'm starting to lean back towards the P55, just cause of sheer size and it's 120hz. The P55 was great minus some of the LB bar issues.

Love my P50 as far as blacks and especially price wise but can't find a good ground with motion for all content. Any suggestions from fellow P50 owners? What's the best settings for our 60hz set?
TBH i'm just not having, or at least not noticing a lot of these issues some are having with the p50.

Motion seems fine to me. I just keep reduce judder on 1 and that's pretty much it. I'm not sure if you were the same person that was seeing double imaging while panning the cam in GTA5 on the Xbox1? I played it on my PS4 and it looks great, just like every other game i've played. Someone said the colors seem kinda dull, but I see plenty of color punch and brightness on my TV.

Not sure if it's a person to person thing, or if my panel is just much better than some others.
Shakesa7 is offline  
post #15712 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 04:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMINENT1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
It's in the YouTube app. Go into the YouTube settings and enable stats for nerds then when you hit the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner you can select the stats.
Wait, I must've missed this post. Are you only checking the YouTube app for resolution or the Smartcast app or both?
I was checking both.
Helmzz2 is offline  
post #15713 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 04:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Surly73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto-ish, Canada
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
FYI, I've also experienced a slightly different version of the tearing problem while gaming at 120 FPS with the new firmware. The screen is essentially slightly darker on one side. I hope they are working on a fix. The problem goes away after the usual warm up and power cycle.


I'm curious if cycling to another picture mode (eg vivid) and back fixes it too...
Surly73 is offline  
post #15714 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Surly73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto-ish, Canada
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
I tried last night at 1am and it didn't change. I've done speed tests while playing one and my speed stays right around 30-35 mbps.


There's a whole lot of Internet between you and the content provider, including many traffic shaping and packet inspection devices. Just because the link to your home is uncontested and your speed test traffic is allowed unmolested doesn't mean it's not a congestion or engineered limitation somewhere.
Ph8te, toonj64 and Bevmo like this.
Surly73 is offline  
post #15715 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,209
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5072 Post(s)
Liked: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Can anyone post a link to a picture of this yellow banding... I suspect my set may have this problem too!

I was watching Daredevil tonight and in one scene in a garage there was a weird faint yellow band going across part of the screen... I couldn't tell if it was a weird effect the director was going for or if it was the screen, or stream... unfortunately the scene was a tripod shot, so no camera movement to help distinguish what was causing the band. I haven't seen it on any other content though, including several other shots from the episode in the same location with the same lighting. I'm also typing this from my PC displayed on the p65 and I don't see any banding unless I really, really look closely to see the very faint vertical yellow bands that I saw one user complaining about many pages ago.

I really don't feel like dealing with exchanging this set... but if I have to I will. Overall I love this TV, definitely don't want to swap to anything else (unless 4K OLED prices randomly plummet). I'm totally new to LCD though, so I'm still trying to determine the extent of normal "issues" that shouldn't be worried too much about (like temporary burn in and buzzing with Plasmas).
It's not something that is noticeable during dark content like daredevil and usually not during any normal content really. You likely saw something the director wanted.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
mpgxsvcd likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #15716 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 05:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz2 View Post
I tried last night at 1am and it didn't change. I've done speed tests while playing one and my speed stays right around 30-35 mbps.


There's a whole lot of Internet between you and the content provider, including many traffic shaping and packet inspection devices. Just because the link to your home is uncontested and your speed test traffic is allowed unmolested doesn't mean it's not a congestion or engineered limitation somewhere.
That doesn't explain why vudu and Netflix 4k work 100% of the time. 4k YouTube has never showed a 4k resolution and I've owned the set since May 3rd. I said in a previous post that I'm pretty sure now that I'm receiving 4k resolution on youtube it's just that my system info incorrectly reports 1080p.
Helmzz2 is offline  
post #15717 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 06:49 AM
Member
 
sbrentn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 55
So, I started noticing this band in content on my P50-C1 last night on solid colors (the Plex loading screen, for example) then noticed it during a panning shot. I brought up a grey screen in the color calibration mode to check uniformity and this is what I saw - two giant dark bands at the top and bottom, similar to letterbox bars but double the size. This isn't normal, right?



Last edited by sbrentn; 06-07-2016 at 06:55 AM.
sbrentn is offline  
post #15718 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Member
 
fljoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 83
New Vizio Soundbar article on "The Verge" : http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...ounced-pricing
fljoe is offline  
post #15719 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 07:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello forum. Noob poster here. I have had my P-50 for about a week now and I don't know if what I am experiencing is normal for Active LED zones on this P-SERIES or not, but the only way to solve the problem is turning the Active LED zones off which I don't want to do during night viewing because those blacks are too sexy. Anyway, the problem is I notice too often the screen is getting brighter or dimmer during some camera angle changes to the point where its make me want to turn the LED zones off. It happens like 3-4 times in a 20 second time frame, sometimes more, sometimes less. I don't know if its worse on my particular set or not. Will you guys please tell me if you notice what I'm talking about on your sets. Maybe its not that distracting to you or maybe my set is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. I want me zones though, its nothing like seeing logos (Naughty Dog, Vizio) pop out the screen in a dark room.
Prozart is offline  
post #15720 of 64175 Old 06-07-2016, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GardenVariety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by buntcake72 View Post
My third p75 is due by the 16th. Vizio is spot on with service but I won't accept a fourth replacement if this one has issues. First set was an Arc problem. This one, vertical split, banding (both grey and yellow...looks like a tic tac toe board on white scenes!), and bad backlight blooming. My Samsung 65 4K from 2014 whom I sold to a friend performs better and that makes me sad.
I don't want to burst your bubble but chances are you aren't going to see any improvement with a replacement. The vertical split is a known issue that will be remedied through firmware. The banding is inherent with FALD and doesn't deviate a whole lot between set to set. The blooming is is software related. Did your first set have all of these issues as well?
GardenVariety is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off