Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 564 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288527Likes

post #16891 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganTim View Post
What has your contacts at Vizio said about ARC/Atmos/DD+/Netflix with Pioneer SC-95?
It works in the lab like yours does. I haven't had success with the configuration you're using for DD+ so I turned "off" HDMI Control on the AVR and thus had't discovered the issue with Netflix not working in DD 5.1 with that "On". I can confirm that problem now that I've just tried it.

I could be experiencing a cable length issue the that may never be resolved with HDMI. I'll leave it set I get 5.1 for both Netflix and Vudu for now.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16892 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I want to throw my hat in the ring here for this audio/arc issue.

I picked up the new 5.1 Vizio soundbar setup w/the slim sub. My tv does not support arc so I used the optical cable. Setup like so:

ATV 4 hdmi to tv - optical from tv to soundbar. Sound input was set to optical on the soundbar.

I mostly played Netflix and had no issues with sound.

I tried a new setup per a user here which was this:

ATV 4 HDMI to soundbar - HDMI from soundbar to tv (no other connections). Sound input setting was set to HDMI on the soundbar.

I played Netflix again. Since the switch, Netflix sound keeps dropping out for no rhyme or reason. Stopping/pausing play doesn't bring it back. Audio in the Apple menu works fine and audio in the iTunes movie app works as well. When I play a trailer, it works fine. I go back to Netflix, it still doesn't work. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes it does not.

My point being, this is a super simple setup. It shouldn't be doing this. It works fine via optical but not HDMI and it's only Netflix.

So that means it's either Netflix or something with how the soundbar is decoding the signal from Netflix. It's very strange.

Ive switched back to optical and have had no further issues.

Last edited by KristopherSteel; 06-18-2016 at 12:13 PM.
post #16893 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristopherSteel View Post

I picked up the new 5.1 Vizio soundbar setup w/the slim sub. My tv does not support arc so I used the optical cable. Setup like so:

ATV 4 hdmi to tv - optical from tv to soundbar. Sound input was set to optical on the soundbar.

ATV 4 HDMI to soundbar - HDMI from soundbar to tv (no other connections). Sound input setting was set to HDMI on the soundbar.

I played Netflix again. Since the switch, Netflix sound keeps dropping out for no rhyme or reason. Stopping/pausing play doesn't bring it back. Audio in the Apple menu works fine and audio in the iTunes movie app works as well. When I play a trailer, it works fine. I go back to Netflix, it still doesn't work. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes it does not.

My point being, this is a super simple setup. It shouldn't be doing this. It works fine via optical but not HDMI and it's only Netflix.

So that means it's either Netflix or something with how the soundbar is decoding the signal from Netflix. It's very strange.

I think you have the wrong thread.
callworth likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16894 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
Quote:

I think you have the wrong thread.
You mean the thread with all the arc/audio/avr issues I've seen, along with sound drop outs? You mean this thread right?
The_Donster likes this.
post #16895 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
You mean the thread with all the arc/audio/avr issues I've seen, along with sound drop outs? You mean this thread right?
This thread is directly related to the Vizio P series and its owners. The Arc issue you are having has nothing to do with the issues in this thread. They may be similar but are not the same.
Also Optical would be compressed audio if you are doing 5.1 through your surround sound. The only way for lossless is using HDMI.
Madmax67 and callworth like this.
post #16896 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Nothing in my post had anything to do with "yellow" banding. You've solved your problem I believe.

It's for people who still haven't yet.
Can't forget them.
ataneruo likes this.

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.
post #16897 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Wadian View Post
I've included a photo of the yellow band that goes through the center of my screen. Ive already had my P65 replaced once under warranty because of a different and much worse issue. Ive been trying my best to not notice the yellow band. But because I know it's there and because I like watching hockey and classic movies it's hard to ignore. Plus by the fact that it's in the center of the screen.

If you were in my shoes would you call Vizio again and try to have it replaced under warranty?

My display(P65) looks similar, I contacted VIZIO and they had me send a picture to them. Upon looking at the picture they told me they would send out a replacement. I'm scheduled to take delivery of the new display this Tuesday. Good luck. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jeremy Wadian and thomasfxlt like this.

Samsung 55JS9000
Vizio P65-C1
post #16898 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
It's for people who still haven't yet.
Can't forget them.

So why quote me on an unrelated topic? I'd prefer not to be dragged into a discussion that I have nothing to do with unless I choose to offer something.
rockaway1836, Ph8te and mikestr like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #16899 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
johnnytex, can you please post some info or a link to instructions to how you managed to set DTV as 'Live TV Provider'. I have the same STB and client as you but cannot use my smartcast remote to view the DTV guide. During the setup I see DTV does not have any channels available, so when I click on the 'next' button , nothing happens.
post #16900 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Quote:
This thread is directly related to the Vizio P series and its owners. The Arc issue you are having has nothing to do with the issues in this thread. They may be similar but are not the same.
Also Optical would be compressed audio if you are doing 5.1 through your surround sound. The only way for lossless is using HDMI.
That's my point. I don't have anything hooked up to a Vizio tv. I only have a Vizio soundbar. My issues started exactly when I hooked it up using HDMI and using Netflix.

My point being, perhaps it's a Netflix issue or an issue with the way Vizio handles similar connections.

How do you know they're not the same? Figured I would offer up my experience that only happens via HDMI through my Vizio soundbar. Never an issue before or using optical.
post #16901 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by a61688 View Post
Does anyone with the Smartcast app on their smartphone notice the app searching for the display, even when you aren't home? This is specifically happening on my HTC One M8 (Android) and I wonder if it is wasting battery and eating CPU cycles......

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Check your battery usage to see what percentage Smartcast is using. It shouldn't be using any in idle as Android should be managing your app usage on it's own and will know if your app isn't being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizyo View Post
Has anyone been successful in setting up a live tv provider with their set? I have DTV here in San Antonio and the Vizio CS just informed me that its not working right now.
No problem with my DTV Genie.

2016 Vizio P65-C1
2014 Vizio P50-B1E
2011 Vizio E3D420VX
2016 Vizio Smartcast Soundbar 5.1 SB4551-D5, Xbox One S, Roku 3, Mini-itx HTPC w/i7-6700k Plex Server
post #16902 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Sounds like the sound issue goes further than Vizio, but to the content provider as well. What I have noticed, is the differences between device app integration. The NetFlix app launches differently on my wifes Roku 4 than the P55 in the living room. It launches differently on my daughter's WiiU.

So I wouldn't be surprised if this is a app issue, that Vizio has to work with NetFlix to resolve.
The weird thing is that Setting changes in the AVR for control mode (Allows me to control avr with vizio remote) impacts the sound format with netflix.

Netflix Amazon fire tv app works perfect for DD+.Which I believe Amazon Fire TV runs a special vs. of android os.

Well I have done a 3 way conference call between Vizio and netflix. At one time netflix agent said problem was on there side probably. Vizio said it was not on there side. The next day netflix engineering said that it is on Vizio side. That netflix just supplies the SDK shell program and google spits out a android app. Netflix says the app just links to there web site database, it's just a interface to there website. The web site is all that they program. I also spent hours on the phone with pioneer. They said it is not on there side. Stuck in the finger pointing scenario. At this point Vizio has no feedback on the situation. Probably waiting for there engineering team to find time in there schedule to test and figure out where they think the issue lies. IT has been over 2 weeks since I first reported problem to Vizio, Pioneer, Netflix. You don't want to know how many hours I have spent on the phone with all parties. LOL not fun.
Wow, I doubt it's a hardware issue. Your Pioneer should just decode the signal. Have you tried turning off all the sound option on the display?

When I worked for Directv, we had a issue with receivers not working properly with CEC. Customers would turn off both TV and receiver, TV would say no signal after turning them both back on. ARC may be the issue, it probably requires a chipset or do HDMI cables need to be tested for ARC compatibility.
post #16903 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
That's my point. I don't have anything hooked up to a Vizio tv. I only have a Vizio soundbar. My issues started exactly when I hooked it up using HDMI and using Netflix.

My point being, perhaps it's a Netflix issue or an issue with the way Vizio handles similar connections.

How do you know they're not the same? Figured I would offer up my experience that only happens via HDMI through my Vizio soundbar. Never an issue before or using optical.
I know it isn't the same because the problem has nothing to do with Netflix on the tv. The ARC(hdmi) issue is with every app and or device. It isn't tied to just one thing. It is more related to device compatibility than anything.
post #16904 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizyo View Post
johnnytex, can you please post some info or a link to instructions to how you managed to set DTV as 'Live TV Provider'. I have the same STB and client as you but cannot use my smartcast remote to view the DTV guide. During the setup I see DTV does not have any channels available, so when I click on the 'next' button , nothing happens.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you are trying to do. I have not tried to use the Smartcast app to control my DTV. I'll check it out when I get home though.

2016 Vizio P65-C1
2014 Vizio P50-B1E
2011 Vizio E3D420VX
2016 Vizio Smartcast Soundbar 5.1 SB4551-D5, Xbox One S, Roku 3, Mini-itx HTPC w/i7-6700k Plex Server
post #16905 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_B View Post
Is there any way to hide the "Audio System" volume on-screen display when using ARC/CEC?

It goes on top of my receiver volume overlay and is a little distracting.
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I'm dealing with the same and it's very annoying. I only want the volume control graphic for my Denon AV receiver to appear on screen, not the Vizio "Audio System" graphic!
post #16906 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FYI on 75" availability
Ordered a 75" last night from BB in WI. I was quoted 5 to 6 weeks currently but they said it's possible one my be available in around 2 weeks. My basement is still being finished so I'm not too worried but I hope it doesn't take the full 6 weeks. I'll update everyone if I get one sooner.

So is this TV really popular or just low supply?
post #16907 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Yup. I noticed it with the Oppo screensaver. I figured it was just an inherent side effect of FALD. In my case the Oppo logo was moving across the screen - sometimes directly over one LED, sometimes over two, etc. I figured the brightness of the LEDs was adjusting to keep the overall image brightness as constant as possible.

Glad I don't have to return my set, since a few of you are always experiencing the same thing. Just a note, the isn't inherent in FALD sets, as my Sony X950b does not exhibit this behavior. Having said that, this shouldn't deter anyone from purchasing this set, as I haven't noticed this in any other viewing besides the white screen saver on the Roku. The rest of 1080p and above content is gorgeous and is above my expectations.
post #16908 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have the c61k receiver which is the only one that gives the tv the 4k signal. EMINENT1 is this the same one you are using? And, when you set it up did you see have any problems during it like I am (no channels being displayed for DTv?)
post #16909 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Here are 2 photos of my TV. How does it look to everyone? I'm happy with it and see a faint yellow band in the center but never notice it during normal viewing. Maybe a few times when hockey was on but not distracting. Just curious if anyone else notices it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466289339759.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1504633   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466289355225.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1504641  
post #16910 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Just Re-checked Vudo. Only getting DD not DD+ through ARC. Boo.
post #16911 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaff2001 View Post
Here are 2 photos of my TV. How does it look to everyone? I'm happy with it and see a faint yellow band in the center but never notice it during normal viewing. Maybe a few times when hockey was on but not distracting. Just curious if anyone else notices it.
I see the yellow band in the pictures you posted but a full white screen is basically the worst-case scenario for this problem. If you don't see it during normal viewing and it's not distracting during hockey then chances are the pictures you posted are making it look worse than it really is. If you're happy with the display that's really all that matters -- why play the panel lottery and risk getting a replacement set with a different or worse issue that you're not happy with?

Last edited by Schwa; 06-18-2016 at 05:34 PM.
post #16912 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi, does anyone here know or not if any of the high end Logitech Harmony remotes such as the "Harmony Ultimate One" is compatible with the chrome cast os? Just so I can use it instead of the other two remotes (at least in theory) was my original plan.

Anyways thanks in advance to anyone who answers my question!
post #16913 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Thinking about theses issues further. I am just not happy with this product. Does some things good, and other things bad. Monday I will have to have a come to Jesus conversation with Vizio and Best Buy. Time to return these products and go back to the drawing board. I have owned the TV for over 2 months. Vizio has know about my specific problem for over 2 weeks. This products should works as designed out of the box. It is no longer acceptable to me to sit here and wait for a phone call from Vizio on a maybe solution or for that matter no solution. 3 un answered PM's to Matt McRae. When he specifically said to PM him on Dolby atmos issues. Too much money out layed for a science project. Sorry Vizio, not acceptable. Now it's time to voice my displeasure by getting a refund and returning this half baked product to you. You just lost a first time customer that gave you a shot that you blew.

Thanks to Thomas and everyone here for your help and support. It's been great working with you guys and reading your informative posts!
post #16914 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

I see the yellow band in the pictures you posted but a full white screen is basically the worst-case scenario for this problem. If you don't see it during normal viewing and it's not distracting during hockey then chances are the pictures you posted are making it look worse than it really is. If you're happy with the display that's really all that matters -- why play the panel lottery and risk getting a replacement set with a different or worse issue that you're not happy with?
Definitely don't want to risk getting a worse panel. I've had it for a couple of months and besides the endless arc issues, we have been pretty happy with it. My wife doesn't see the band at all. Thanks for the reply.
post #16915 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Thinking about theses issues further. I am just not happy with this product. Does some things good, and other things bad. Monday I will have to have a come to Jesus conversation with Vizio and Best Buy. Time to return these products and go back to the drawing board. I have owned the TV for over 2 months. Vizio has know about my specific problem for over 2 weeks. This products should works as designed out of the box. It is no longer acceptable to me to sit here and wait for a phone call from Vizio on a maybe solution or for that matter no solution. 3 un answered PM's to Matt McRae. When he specifically said to PM him on Dolby atmos issues. Too much money out layed for a science project. Sorry Vizio, not acceptable. Now it's time to voice my displeasure by getting a refund and returning this half baked product to you. You just lost a first time customer that gave you a shot that you blew.

Thanks to Thomas and everyone here for your help and support. It's been great working with you guys and reading your informative posts!
Sorry to hear that. I'm fortunate in that I really haven't encountered any of the teething pains that seem to be connected to the new SmartCAST platform. I've been able to get DD+ and Atmos from Day One -- I know I'd be just as frustrated as you if I'd been having similar issues.

Good luck with whatever display you decide to go with next. I hope you have success getting Best Buy to refund your purchase but unfortunately I think they're going to tell you to pound sand.
post #16916 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

As long as you want to exchange the Vizio for another display at Best Buy (as opposed to a refund) you shouldn't have any problem at all. The trick is exchanging not returning. And, you should be able to do all of this with only a receipt and have them pick up the Vizio when your new display is delivered. Don't settle for anything less!

Just my 2 cents
Heinz68, ataneruo and The_Donster like this.
post #16917 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofDoubleD View Post
As long as you want to exchange the Vizio for another display at Best Buy (as opposed to a refund) you shouldn't have any problem at all. The trick is exchanging not returning. And, you should be able to do all of this with only a receipt and have them pick up the Vizio when your new display is delivered. Don't settle for anything less!

Just my 2 cents

With they way they love to push the Samsung and Sony's over the P Series, I wouldn't be surprised if he has all the Tv salesmen in the store lined up to do that transaction with huge I told you so grins all over their face.
ataneruo likes this.

LG 55C9, Samsung 55KS8000, Panasonic 50VT25
post #16918 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hello!

First post here and I wanted to ask a question about this TV. I recently got the 50 inch version and was wondering what I can do to get the best out of Video games? Sorry if this was covered but That is a lot of pages and I only got through about 200 of them before making this post
post #16919 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
With they way they love to push the Samsung and Sony's over the P Series, I wouldn't be surprised if he has all the Tv salesmen in the store lined up to do that transaction with huge I told you so grins all over their face.
That's exactly right!

And, BTW, every time I head downstairs I walk past the P65 - no issues - wife loves the casting/tablet - we've got Atmos over ARC - all is well!

Just need that HDR10 update and I'd give this display 10/10 - c'mon Matt don't keep us waiting!
pos1121, thomasfxlt and mikestr like this.
post #16920 of 64230 Old 06-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaff2001 View Post
Here is a photo of my P65. As you can see it looks very much like yours. I don't really notice the yellow when watching anything in color. But when watching hockey or black and white movies it's hard not to notice. (Plus the fact that the yellow is in the center of the screen where the camera and your eyes focus the most.)

I'm going to contact Vizio about mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 3.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1504809  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page