Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 657 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288494Likes

post #19681 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1336
I still can't power the TV on from my Galaxy Tab S2...even after this latest update. The Vizio tablet and iOS devices work fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19682 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
I know there's not supposed to be price talk here but I saw the P55 is $100 off at Best Buy right now, does anyone have an idea of how long that sale might last or if it's just a 4th of July sale? Reason being is that I'm about to move but haven't signed a lease just yet. I'd like to grab this deal and get it delivered but I don't have an address to deliver to yet (plus hoping I might get a movers coupon to stack with it), would hate to miss out on the $100 off though...
You know but do it anyway.

There are always more sales. Wait for one that fits your schedule.
NeronetFi and The_Donster like this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 07-06-2016 at 05:03 PM.
post #19683 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If you are asking how to update an app on a phone or tablet then maybe this TV isn't for you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19684 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Is there anyway we can watch the ufc 200 in 4k? I have directv but don't want to extend the contract as I was planning on dropping them in 6 months. I see the Sony has the option to stream 4k through the ufc.tv app. I have looked around and can't find a solution to watch it on my p65 in 4k
post #19685 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 56
So call your Credit Card company tell them what happened and they will take care of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristopherSteel View Post
Wanted to say I love Vizio products but my current issue is really annoying.

Had my P65 delivered by Manna June 16. It was cracked. I called Vizio that night and got the ball rolling. Got a call back a couple of days later and I explained I would just like it picked up and a refund. I am still currently waiting for Vizio to send someone to pick up the TV. I have called 3 times and every time they keep telling me manna is not getting back to them/they can't get in touch with them. Going on 3 weeks now with the TV still sitting here, credit card charged and no idea when/if it will ever be picked up. I am not fond of this situation.
post #19686 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuAscension View Post
I got it to work by enabling HDMI sub-sampling on input 4, and connecting directly to the GPU. It supports full or limited RGB colorspace at [email protected]/60Hz
Ok, that makes sense. Putting pieces together, it sounds like enabling HDMI sub-sampling results in the Vizio returning EDID info containing additional resolution/refresh rates, including [email protected] (and [email protected] 444). This is similar to the way the Samsung JU71000 works -- the option is called "HDMI UHD Color of/off".

Extrapolating a little bit, I now believe the fact HDMI sub-sampling is an option is for compatibility reasons. There are probably thousands of HDMI devices out there, and there are probably as many different ways EDID is interpreted by those devices, many ways for these devices to be confused if there is extra info. So it makes sense to expose these additional info only when the user needs it for a specific device (e.g. a computer with a HDMI compatible GPU).

In summary, it sounds like the Club3d adapter is not needed for the P series -- unless someone wanted to connect more than one TV to their computer that is.
post #19687 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey gang,
I just purchased a Vizio P Series 50 inch. So far I am loving it, however I am not sure about something. I watched my first VUDU UHD HDR movie, Pacific Rim, after reading the advice of people here. It looked absolutely phenomenal! The colors were gorgeous. I then watched Man of Steel and it was so dark and grainy I could barely make out what was going on. I figured that maybe the movie was just that way, but the detail level was poor. I have a 100MB connection and the system info said HDR was present. Today I watched Batman v Superman and while not as bad as MOS, it was super dark and grainy and the detail was lacking. I have since read a few reviews of people who say they watched it on VUDU and it was as good as Pacific Rim, PQ wise. I am not sure what is going on here, maybe it is a calibration issue? I have tweaked a couple settings but no real difference. The color is good but it feels like something is creating noise, when I watch the movie in HDX I do not see the over aggressive grain. Any suggestions? Thanks!
post #19688 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Please return your P50 as soon as possible. It clearly is not the right display for you.

For whomever gets the P50 that turts85 returns. Just enable Clear Action and it will resolve the issue he refuses to correct himself.
+1.. This is hands down the best monitor i have owned for gaming and I have had some good ones. Between the beautiful black levels with fald enabled and the low lag #'s it cannot be beat for my uses...
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #19689 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
I still can't power the TV on from my Galaxy Tab S2...even after this latest update. The Vizio tablet and iOS devices work fine.
Same here . Just picked up the S2 and that stinks Does everything else but that...
post #19690 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmandts View Post
I have the P50 and have seen no ghosting. I have played maybe 10 games(xbone) in the 3 weeks ive had it, from 3rd person(division, resident evil 5, evil within, tomb raider)..1st person such as doom, outlast, battlefield.. no issues here.
Nice. Are you hard wired or wireless in your set up? Whatever I decide is dependent on how well it handles gaming. Seemed to get high marks on rtings.com, but I wasn't sure what system they were using, console or computer? Right now I'm using Xfinity's XB3 wireless router and considering getting my own once I get the new tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaff2001 View Post
I have read every single post in this thread too! I like these updates. It's really interesting to see how popular this thread has become. I am without my 65" until late next week because my house isn't finished yet. I had to move out of my other house last week and have been living at my parent's with my wife and kids until the upstairs in my new house is complete. My dad has a Samsung JS8500 that he purchased before the P series came out. I don't think it compares at all with my 65" p series. First I had to turn off the auto motion plus or whatever setting that caused terrible soap opera effect. I tried adjusting some other things but he got mad at me! So, I left it alone. Maybe if some of the settings were properly set, it look better in comparison to my Vizio but I really miss my TV.

Spoiler!
Yep, I had a similar issue a few weeks back at my cousin's house. It was all that I could do not to grab the remote and give their tv the picture it deserved. It just looked horrible. I know I drive my wife nuts looking up picture settings when we go on vacation. I just can't look at a bad picture on what I'm watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I am actually a big fan of the 65" JS8500. It was a great TV for that size and could be had under $1800 just before the KS series came out. I like the KS series as well but they are a bit more expensive and not necessarily better. There are so many great choices at the 65" size it makes it hard to pick these days.
Yep, I thought once I decided that 65" was as big as I needed in that room all would be good, but NOOOOOO I definitely would love to see the P series outside of BB. Any idea when these are hitting other stores? I think the M's are starting to hit Costco's. So maybe once they launch there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootnylee View Post
My son plays 2k on Xbox 1and one time I came home and it was all over the place but he had it in HDMI 3. Once he put it in 5 and it was fine. Haven't had any issues since. He also plays cod

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
So is it HDMI 5 that is best for gaming. Do you have a separate BD player hooked up? I was considering using the One as a BD player too and wondering if that was even possible? For those using your smart phones Vizio app. Are you casting Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, Xfinity, etc through that app or through the apps themselves? I've got some of these already installed on my phone and was curious how the casting works? Outside of my phone and my son's Kindle Fire I'm not too familiar with the tech as I should be.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
post #19691 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeronetFi View Post
Update via the App Store icon at bottom right of the home screen (unless you moved it )
I love this forum. So much good information. Thanks
NeronetFi likes this.
post #19692 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Nice. Are you hard wired or wireless in your set up? Whatever I decide is dependent on how well it handles gaming. Seemed to get high marks on rtings.com, but I wasn't sure what system they were using, console or computer? Right now I'm using Xfinity's XB3 wireless router and considering getting my own once I get the new tv.

Yep, I had a similar issue a few weeks back at my cousin's house. It was all that I could do not to grab the remote and give their tv the picture it deserved. It just looked horrible. I know I drive my wife nuts looking up picture settings when we go on vacation. I just can't look at a bad picture on what I'm watching.

Yep, I thought once I decided that 65" was as big as I needed in that room all would be good, but NOOOOOO I definitely would love to see the P series outside of BB. Any idea when these are hitting other stores? I think the M's are starting to hit Costco's. So maybe once they launch there?

So is it HDMI 5 that is best for gaming. Do you have a separate BD player hooked up? I was considering using the One as a BD player too and wondering if that was even possible? For those using your smart phones Vizio app. Are you casting Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, Xfinity, etc through that app or through the apps themselves? I've got some of these already installed on my phone and was curious how the casting works? Outside of my phone and my son's Kindle Fire I'm not too familiar with the tech as I should be.
Wireless w hard wire option. I watched deadpool on xbox1 with no problems. My br player is ps4

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
post #19693 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_master View Post
Can someone with a p65 do me a quick favor and get some measurements from the back of their TV...

I'm looking to fabricate a custom center channel mount to affix to my ceiling mount below my TV, but I can't seem to find the specific measurements I need to do it (waiting for Canadian release on the 65, and trying to get everything ready to plug and play).

Here's what I'm looking for:
Width from (center of) left mount hole to (center of) right mount hole -
Height from bottom of TV (without stand) to (center of) top mount hole -
Height from bottom of TV (without stand) to (center of) bottom mount hole -
All you really need is bottom of set to center of bottom hole .
It's a vesa system ....
post #19694 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm1436 View Post
Hey gang,
I just purchased a Vizio P Series 50 inch. So far I am loving it, however I am not sure about something. I watched my first VUDU UHD HDR movie, Pacific Rim, after reading the advice of people here. It looked absolutely phenomenal! The colors were gorgeous. I then watched Man of Steel and it was so dark and grainy I could barely make out what was going on. I figured that maybe the movie was just that way, but the detail level was poor. I have a 100MB connection and the system info said HDR was present. Today I watched Batman v Superman and while not as bad as MOS, it was super dark and grainy and the detail was lacking. I have since read a few reviews of people who say they watched it on VUDU and it was as good as Pacific Rim, PQ wise. I am not sure what is going on here, maybe it is a calibration issue? I have tweaked a couple settings but no real difference. The color is good but it feels like something is creating noise, when I watch the movie in HDX I do not see the over aggressive grain. Any suggestions? Thanks!
There is nothing wrong with your settings. Pacific Rim is just a prettier movie than MoS and BvS. Pacific Rim was shot digitally. But MoS and BvS were shot on very grainy 35mm film (except for the Imax portions in BvS). Zack Snyder likes to create very grainy and desaturated films. So while they are mastered for HDR, they are not very good examples. Check the first post of this thread. Thomas has some ranked suggestions under the Dolby Vision Video Recommendations section.If you want more info on demo material, check this thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-hi...ted-often.html

Last edited by puddy77; 07-06-2016 at 08:06 PM.
post #19695 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 138
99.99% sure it's complete bullcrap but someone at work was telling me they solved some HDMI problems by using an mCable http://digitaltreasures.com/shop-all...ries-94/mcable Anyone used/heard of it?
post #19696 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Test
Ronman79 likes this.

LG 65C7p | Sony PS3 | Sony PS4 | Apple Ariport Express | Emotiva UMC-200 | Parasound HCA2003a | Parasound HCA1000a x 2 | Monster HTS3500 | AC Infinity Aircom T8 x 2 | NHT 1.5 | NHT VS2 | NHT Super Ones | SVS SB16 Ultra | Harmony Elite | Salamander Venice 237 | Sound Anchors Cone Coasters | Vibrapods
post #19697 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab10 View Post
In the market for a new tv, how does the P65-C1 do with sports? I'll be watching a lot of soccer and football this fall. Source will be primarily DirecTv with WatchESPN sometimes. Rtings mentions banding during panning shots, but I wanted to some owners' thoughts on the matter.
I'm not nearly the video connoisseur that many on this forum are. I watch almost exclusively sports on Directv (Soccer, MLB, NBA, and soon NFL) on my P-75. It's fantastic for me.
post #19698 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1712 Post(s)
Liked: 1077
Quote:
Power On/Off requires Bluetooth. Trying Pairing your Galaxy again. Other than power, the Vizio cast app will work other functions over wifi.
post #19699 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 139
So ive owned the 2016 P, M and E series (all 55") and i can only tell a REAL difference in youtube clips like this one:

The blacks are very good on every series, letterbox i can barely tell between any of them. I realize the E series got a terrible rtings review, but ive had this set about 4 hours now and for under 700 bucks after tax i could not ask for more for that money. Admitedly i dont game on my TV, maybe it really is that bad at motion? But watching some baseball earlier i didnt feel any sort of stutter (which i am very sensitive being a PC gamer for over 10 years).
mpgxsvcd and dirtydansv like this.
post #19700 of 64056 Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboedsupe View Post
Is there anyway we can watch the ufc 200 in 4k? I have directv but don't want to extend the contract as I was planning on dropping them in 6 months. I see the Sony has the option to stream 4k through the ufc.tv app. I have looked around and can't find a solution to watch it on my p65 in 4k
Without the 4k hardware, the only other option, officially, is a Sony tv stream.
post #19701 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 03:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5069 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
Apple update just rolled out, details:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its pretty irritating that the Android version never has a change log..... It's been updated at least 20 times since March!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #19702 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 03:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5069 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:

Probably because the tablet doesn't support low power BT. My Dell Venue tablet is the same way.
Schwa, thomasfxlt, naustin and 2 others like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #19703 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
99.99% sure it's complete bullcrap but someone at work was telling me they solved some HDMI problems by using an mCable http://digitaltreasures.com/shop-all...ries-94/mcable Anyone used/heard of it?
I have an mCable, but my picture blinked on and off while connected to my TiVo Bolt - which I think is the Bolt's fault, since I then used it to connect an older Vizio E-series to a TiVo Roamio Pro and it works fine. YMMV.

I have actually had no problems using standard HDMI cables with my P-65.
post #19704 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Why HDMI Color Subsampling?

Dumb question here: assuming my picture looks great and everything is working as expected, is there any reason to turn on HDMI Color Subsampling?

I read in the user guide:

"When connecting a HDMI 2.0 device, HDMI Color Subsampling needs to be enabled to support 4K resolution at 60hz." What sources are 4K, 60hz ,and how would I know this?

Thanks for your patience. . .
post #19705 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 289
After returning 2 TVs last night I finally got a P55 that I am happy with. My first P55 had really bad blooming on the corners. With FALD off you could really see it. Yes, I know FALD off is supposed to look bad, but it highlighted my issue since the corners were overly bright. With FALD on, when the corner zones would come on it would overly brighten up the corner. I expect FALD off to show a more uniform terrible picture. I saw BB had new stock so I packaged up the P55 and drove down. Came home with a new P55. BB did overly grill me about what was wrong though. Anyway I get home, I get the legs on, take off the wrapping. My wife and I kind of thought the same thing "hey there is some kind of protective film on the screen, and its a bit wrinkled". But no, it was not film, it was huge cracks in the panel. It looks like it was T-Boned buy another TV. Cracks at the bottom and the top. So I called BB about it. Now you would think they would take it back in a heartbeat. Nope, management said it was ok because they didn't check the TV (take the TV completely out of the box) before I took it home. So the store is closing, I race down and get TV number 3. At this point if the picture is messed up, I don't think they would take another back from me. So they take the new out out and show me the screen. I agree it looks clean so back home I go.

Long story short, I got the new TV up and running. FALD off shows a terribly uniform picture. Quick testing shows minimal light bleed into the black bars. I am happy.

One strange issue is HMDI 1 where I have my AVR hooked up (no ARC), was having trouble showing the Roku's picture that was hooked into the AVR. The Vizio info showed details on the picture and there wasn't a "No Signal" screen. I toggled between input and it came back. Doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. Maybe its my cables, they were bent bad from the angle they were plugged in at one time.
post #19706 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
I am having same problem, I believe bluetooth pairing doesn't occur in most android devices. Only wifi.
post #19707 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
So ive owned the 2016 P, M and E series (all 55") and i can only tell a REAL difference in youtube clips like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgEHrca6Yj0

The blacks are very good on every series, letterbox i can barely tell between any of them. I realize the E series got a terrible rtings review, but ive had this set about 4 hours now and for under 700 bucks after tax i could not ask for more for that money. Admitedly i dont game on my TV, maybe it really is that bad at motion? But watching some baseball earlier i didnt feel any sort of stutter (which i am very sensitive being a PC gamer for over 10 years).
Can you give us a link to that video?
post #19708 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodon005 View Post
Dumb question here: assuming my picture looks great and everything is working as expected, is there any reason to turn on HDMI Color Subsampling?

I read in the user guide:

"When connecting a HDMI 2.0 device, HDMI Color Subsampling needs to be enabled to support 4K resolution at 60hz." What sources are 4K, 60hz ,and how would I know this?

Thanks for your patience. . .
When we get the HDR update, you can turn it on. I actually have it on now for all of my sources. I really think it should have just been on by default since it will work when it needs to and doesn't effect anything being On and not in use.
post #19709 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 06:51 AM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 626
So I've been researching the P75 to replace my Panny 65VT50 but according to CNET, the black levels (0%) are 0.007 P75 vs. 0.0024 65VT50! Can that be right? From what I've read here, the FALD of these sets are supposed to produce excellent blacks. I really like the size, specs, and price of the P75 but no way am I going to take a huge step backwards in black level! What am I missing?

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
post #19710 of 64056 Old 07-07-2016, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3321 Post(s)
Liked: 6161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
So I've been researching the P75 to replace my Panny 65VT50 but according to CNET, the black levels (0%) are 0.007 P75 vs. 0.0024 65VT50! Can that be right? From what I've read here, the FALD of these sets are supposed to produce excellent blacks. I really like the size, specs, and price of the P75 but no way am I going to take a huge step backwards in black level! What am I missing?

5/1000's difference with a black level of .005 on P75's. I'll leave it at that.

Nobody complains about the black levels on the VA panels.
mpgxsvcd, NeronetFi and toonj64 like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page