Have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread to get the Shield TV and Vizio show HDR but no dice so far
1. I had gotten the "HDR" badge in Netflix on the Shield but no HDR showing on the VIZIO (HDR=No)
2. Have some Demo HDR content loaded onto the Shield but no HDR showing on the VIZIO (HDR=No)
3. Now, somehow I no longer get the "HDR" badge in Marco Polo Netflix on the Shield either.
4. For me, turning on subsampling causes the TV to blank out with "No Signal" at 4k, 60hz. Enabling Subsampling only works at 4K 24hz.
5. Have tried all possible combinations of modes and tricks like enabling disabling subsampling while playing marco polo etc.
6. Using HDMI 2 and Using DIRECT connection of the supplied Shield HDMI Cable to Vizio TV
Bottom line is this this eagerly awaited firmware update w/ HDR10 has been a total bust (for me) since I am not able to view a single video in HDR10, be it the countless HDR demos or Netflix HDR content.
I guess so far this HDR10 update is only meant for the two devices in play: ie Samsung and Philips 4k BluRay Disc Players . Unfortunately, the only HDMI capable HDR device i have is the Nvidia Shield TV
1. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the HDR badge on Netflix on the Shield TV without doing a hard/factory reset on the Shield to get the badge)? Hope to find warmth and comfort in the glow of that HDR badge till the companies and experts figure it out.
2. Any tips or tricks I can try to re-attempt getting HDR on the VIZIO<-->SHIELD TV for some of the HDR Demo files that i want to see work?
3. Any idea on why enabling Subsampling doesn't work for me at 4K 60hz @ HDMI 2(Display goes blank - no input) ?