Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 826 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288450Likes

post #24751 of 63864 Old 08-02-2016, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Yup, same here. I can only get them to play in HDX. All of my purchased UHD/DV content works fine.
I am the same. I haven't been able to test out uhd yet so I thought I'd give them a try...nothing but hdx or lower.

Has anybody had any instances where the P is getting slower speeds than other devices? I'm using a switch for it and my 2 consoles but it's capping out at 14mbps while the other 2 are getting 50mpbs.
Johnnyice426 likes this.

Last edited by vulsker; 08-02-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24752 of 63864 Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1111 View Post
Anyone get HDR working with a P65, XB1S and a Denon X4200W in the chain?

When I try to enable HDMI Color Subsampling on HDMI 1 I get a black screen / no signal. The XB1S says the TV doesn't support HDR... I've performed the download HDR update for the TV.

Really puzzled
Are you connected to HDMI 1-4?

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #24753 of 63864 Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6253 Post(s)
Liked: 5880
Quote:

When I try to enable HDMI Color Subsampling on HDMI 1 I get a black screen / no signal. The XB1S says the TV doesn't support HDR... I've performed the download HDR update for the TV.

Really puzzled

Bypass the AVR to see if that works. If it does then you know it's either a handshake or setting issue with the AVR.

Sent from nowhere
thomasfxlt and Bootnylee like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24754 of 63864 Old 08-02-2016, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Not sure if this is the place for this question, but I checked first post and didn't see anything regarding this. I didn't go through the last 10 pages or so that I've missed either, so I apologize in advance if it's been answered.

I've got the P50-C1, my new Xbox One S is plugged into HDMI-1 on the P50 using the HDMI cable that came with the XBOS. It's telling me it doesn't support 4k 10-bit at 50Hz and that some content may not play properly.

How will this affect me? I've tried playing Into the Heart of the Sea 4k disc using the XBOS and the tablet settings screen said it was 4k and HDR. I've also been playing Rainbow 6 all night and it's been in 4k so it doesn't seem to be affecting any of the functions I've tried so far. I haven't tried Netflix on the XBOS yet, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160802_184525.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	587.6 KB
ID:	1581465  

Sent from Outpost 31
post #24755 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My initial experience with the Xbox One S:

Upscaling my Dish Hopper signal is an significant improvement over the regular Xbox One pass through. The picture is less noisy with a natural looking sharpness. Text in particular is greatly improved in quality.

I did the USB update on my TV and played Max Mad Fury. The HDR10 was working and everything looked great. There were some "pauses" and "no signal" after the disc was inserted and after play was pressed. I assume this was the TV enabling HDR.

I tried playing Marco Polo and some other content on the Netflix app that is marked Ultra but the TV would not register HDR for anything so far. Toggling HDMI sampling made no difference. I am connected on port 4. In fact for me turning on HDMI sampling made the colors wash out.

I am unsure what content on Amazon Video is HDR but it Man in the High Castle did not turn on HDR on the TV. Maybe somebody can let me know if there is HDR content on Amazon Video streaming?
post #24756 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here is what Netflix support had to say regarding HDR not turning on on their app for the Xbox One S:

Quote:
Oh, I see, that's an excellent question, and you have nothing to worry about. You're correct, the content is not displaying in HDR, mainly because the app and the new Xbox are fairly new, a firmware update will be released soon, to make sure your Netflix app on your new Xbox has access to all the features, and you can enjoy the content in HDR10, I don't have an ETA yet, but it shouldn't be very long.
I have read that others are experiencing the opposite issue where HDR is incorrectly triggered for all content. I have not experienced it.
DJ Lushious, vulsker and Canady117 like this.
post #24757 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 02:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
Liked: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotnick View Post
Update totally broke ARC on my Denon X2200, it's worked twice after the update and CEC has gone all kinds of wonky now where it sometimes works sometimes doesn't. The old version worked perfect and was dream to use ARC and CEC, now I can't even get ARC to work with everything else off turning things on and off.

I have to read back about 500 posts so hopefully I'll find an answer in there, but just wanted to express my disappointment with the update.
On you denon go to setup, video, HDMI, and turn tv audio switching off
Andrew_B and thomasfxlt like this.
post #24758 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 04:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Liked: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canady117 View Post
Not sure if this is the place for this question, but I checked first post and didn't see anything regarding this. I didn't go through the last 10 pages or so that I've missed either, so I apologize in advance if it's been answered.

I've got the P50-C1, my new Xbox One S is plugged into HDMI-1 on the P50 using the HDMI cable that came with the XBOS. It's telling me it doesn't support 4k 10-bit at 50Hz and that some content may not play properly.

How will this affect me? I've tried playing Into the Heart of the Sea 4k disc using the XBOS and the tablet settings screen said it was 4k and HDR. I've also been playing Rainbow 6 all night and it's been in 4k so it doesn't seem to be affecting any of the functions I've tried so far. I haven't tried Netflix on the XBOS yet, though.
It won't affect you at all......In the U.S. nothing is in 50hz.....that is for different Countries.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Bootnylee, vulsker and Canady117 like this.
post #24759 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by needleseye View Post
It looks like the Netflix app on the Xbox One S is broken on the the P series. Others have noted it is washed out, turning off sub sampling (which we shouldn't need to do) makes it less washed out, but it still looks nowhere NEAR as good as the Netflix App on my 4K Fire TV. People using the app on other manufacturers sets do not seem to be experiencing the washed out problem. The interesting thing is that if the Netflix app is open, even in the background, everything is washed out including the Xbox UI. When I close the app, everything reverts back to the way it should be.
Another +1 that I see this too. As soon as the app starts everything goes wash out.

I also started Marco Polo which had the HDR tag showing in the app, but the system info on the Vizio app never showed it actually as "HDR Yes".

Matt commented that they were getting the system this week as well. I'm sure they will find all this too and hopefully we get fixed pushed out ASAP.
post #24760 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 04:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Lushious View Post
I'm reading all over the One S can't properly do 30/32-bit full range RGB. The symptoms are that, as well as a picture someone posted a few pages ago.

No one has outright confirmed it, though. And I don't want to open my Xbox One S, if it is not displaying colors right. My Samsung UHD player is doing a bang-up job so far!
I read this too, but I was able to set my system for 30-bit output in standard color mode and that looked ok to me. It didn't seem to change the black level to be out of range.
post #24761 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene22n View Post

Upscaling my Dish Hopper signal is an significant improvement over the regular Xbox One pass through. The picture is less noisy with a natural looking sharpness. Text in particular is greatly improved in quality.

I did the USB update on my TV and played Max Mad Fury. The HDR10 was working and everything looked great. There were some "pauses" and "no signal" after the disc was inserted and after play was pressed. I assume this was the TV enabling HDR.

I tried playing Marco Polo and some other content on the Netflix app that is marked Ultra but the TV would not register HDR for anything so far. Toggling HDMI sampling made no difference. I am connected on port 4. In fact for me turning on HDMI sampling made the colors wash out.

I am unsure what content on Amazon Video is HDR but it Man in the High Castle did not turn on HDR on the TV. Maybe somebody can let me know if there is HDR content on Amazon Video streaming?
Yeah it seems Netflix on the S is broken. Amazon's interface is different than its TV apps which have a UHD section. Its important, for as far as the TV is concerned, because its not like Netlfix where a show will scale to your TV capabilities. Amazon has two entries for some, maybe all, shows that have UHD versions. Maybe its more unified in the S app, but on my LG TV if I search for "Red Oaks" it will be the 1080p version that tops out at 1080p. But if I scroll all the way down the app to the UHD section, there I will find the 4K version. Its a mess. So if you are streaming 4K from Amazon on the S and its not kicking in the HDR either the app is messed up like Netflix or they haven' updated the S app for HDR. If you are unable to get even 4K streaming from Amazon, its probably an issue with Amazon's app being unintuitive.
post #24762 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I would say this... based on comments here in the first few days, the trend seems to be toward "too dark". That's consistent w my calibration specifically in the 0-40%.

To get accurate luminance at 2.1-2.2 gamma, you need to either use a 2pt or 11pt enhancement. Since I don't use "offset", you have to make the adjustments in 11pt. I approached this way for a reason related to how the panel responds to adjustments, and it's much more "targeted".

I would forego the Hue, Saturation and Brightness settings and try the "gain" and "11pt" settings I've posted if you have a P75. It will bring the curve up where it's most needed. If you don't like it, zero it out.
So which settings affect each other in the calibration. Does Gain and 11pt go together and the Hue Saturation and Brightness go together. Or will changing one, or not changing one, have an impact on all other them or just a subset?
post #24763 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 3288 Post(s)
Liked: 6112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Character_Zero View Post
So which settings affect each other in the calibration. Does Gain and 11pt go together and the Hue Saturation and Brightness go together. Or will changing one, or not changing one, have an impact on all other them or just a subset?
Gain and 11pt work together in my calibration. Those are the "gray balance". You can forego the Hue, Saturation and Brightness settings if you want. I'd personally adjust the Red values in each because Red saturation and hue impact skin tones the most.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #24764 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I will say that when I was calibrating with the HDR10 workflow that turning backlight to 100 got me a lot closer to the eotf......that's why there is still some confusion for me..........also colors calibrate further which is why I had to turn color up to 63 at one point.....I don't know if what I was doing was right though. Just trying it out.....maybe @Matt McRae or @WiFi-Spy can chime in?
I tried your HDR10 settings (except for individual color mapping) on my P75, and it looks fantastic!!!

I did have my gamma set to 1.8 as had previously been recommended for HDR, but 2.2 with backlight on 100 looks much better to my eyes. Really appreciate you guys with diagnostic tools sharing your settings.
buju22 likes this.
post #24765 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
It was also stated clearly more than a month ago that HDR10 would be released in 2 phases... 1st for HDMI and later for casting/streaming.
Sorry must have missed that, probably got mixed in with the 20,000 plus posts here. Stupid me...should of read every page.
TinyRK likes this.
post #24766 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
UHD players have dropped to about 300 USD. Have you received or downloaded the 2.0.13 update? Matt said some other bug fixes & enhancements are included.
Nope no update for me yet...cant manual it either. I doubt the fixes or enhancements or whatever is mixed in with this new FW does not fix the FALD pulsing issue since it doesn't seem to affect everyone. Maybe the P50 shows it more since its the smallest of the bunch and the zones are closer together idk. Its whatever at this point, if I cant get a refund or some type of fix, I'm stuck with this set, and if I can get rid of it, I wont be buying anything until the end of the year, and that will be an OLED.
post #24767 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene22n View Post

hmm. I may have to run my WMC box through again to see what it looks like. I loved the integration but eventually had to skip the hdmi in due to uncorrectable lip sync on dolby digital.

Sony 55X900e
Vizio P50-C1 - My Calibration Settings
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #24768 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If HDR10 looks "darker" with titles that are also supporting DV/HDR, then I much rather watch DV. I watched a few DV titles, and found them to be a little darker than I wanted, if HDR10 is "darker" than DV then I don't think I will be liking HDR10 very much. Also seen that HDR10 is darker by comparison to DV is some DV vs. HDR10 reviewer vids. Only reason I want the update is to hoping it fixes the FALD issue I am having.
post #24769 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyonvin View Post
Thanks, I'm going to try these settings tonight and see how they look.
@Character_Zero @ThomasF ixit. I used Thomas's calibration for his P-75 on my P-55 for DV material and my god what a difference it made. BvS was typically too dark under the previous settings but after the calibration it was much better. Just wanted to say thanks to both of you.
post #24770 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
I tried your HDR10 settings (except for individual color mapping) on my P75, and it looks fantastic!!!

I did have my gamma set to 1.8 as had previously been recommended for HDR, but 2.2 with backlight on 100 looks much better to my eyes. Really appreciate you guys with diagnostic tools sharing your settings.
I have recently found out that it is better to use the DV settings for it. I have recalibrate my HDR settings.....these settings were just a trial with the HDR10 workflow. The colors did pop a lot more with these and it was a lot brighter! If you like it, that is all that matters.

adpayne likes this.
post #24771 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
If HDR10 looks "darker" with titles that are also supporting DV/HDR, then I much rather watch DV. I watched a few DV titles, and found them to be a little darker than I wanted, if HDR10 is "darker" than DV then I don't think I will be liking HDR10 very much. Also seen that HDR10 is darker by comparison to DV is some DV vs. HDR10 reviewer vids. Only reason I want the update is to hoping it fixes the FALD issue I am having.
I honestly see no problem with HDR10 and the DV settings......I did find they they will need a revisit or if you copied settings see if they have updated on my set colors and Brightness changed with the Firmware.....it looks like color was the only thing on @thomasfxlt set. His is 75 though and mine is 65.

post #24772 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 3288 Post(s)
Liked: 6112
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I honestly see no problem with HDR10 and the DV settings......I did find they they will need a revisit or if you copied settings see if they have updated on my set colors and Brightness changed with the Firmware.....it looks like color was the only thing on @thomasfxlt set. His is 75 though and mine is 65.

Additionally, everything above 80% in my DV calibration is specific to the P75 as this model has a unique characteristic in this range that's entirely different on the P65. It only affects "light" in HDR so it's not a huge deal but I'd use model specific settings.
Ph8te likes this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #24773 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Really puzzled
I'm running my sources including the new Xbox through a Marantz AV7702mkII. This setup is not robust to changing setting at all, else risk getting stuck with no signal. Even just starting things up any given time is a bit of a dice roll if I get picture right away or no signal.

I found that shutting off all the video professing on the Marantz helped. Denon should have the same settings. Turn off video conversion entirely and such.

With any of those settings on after these new firmware, I cannot get a picture through the Marantz at all if HDMI subsampling is also enabled.
post #24774 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Additionally, everything above 80% in DV calibration is specific to the P75 as this model has a unique characteristic in this range that's entirely different on the P65. It only affects "light" in HDR so it's not a huge deal but I'd use model specific settings.
I totally agree......I would copy same size settings for best accuracy.

thomasfxlt, mikestr and Bootnylee like this.
post #24775 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Are you connected to HDMI 1-4?
yep, I got it working. Thanks for the help!!! Watching The Martian, the blacks and red got so much deeper and richer. I love it!
htwaits and Ian c2 like this.
post #24776 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 128
P50-C1
Denon X1200W

I have CEC (ARC only) enabled. Ever since the update, whenever I turn my TV on, my receiver defaults to an input called "TV Audio" , even though I only have 2 inputs enabled in its options - neither of which are TV audio. Anyone else?
Andrew_B and Bevmo like this.
post #24777 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canady117 View Post

My Xbox One S was reporting the same thing. Everything was checked except the 50 Hz settings. If you're in the US though it really shouldn't matter. We don't have any 50 Hz content sources that I can think off.

Still odd to me that it reports unsupported. No reason really the tv shouldn't take that input just fine. Maybe you have to specify PAL mode?
Canady117 likes this.
post #24778 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
Liked: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel975 View Post
P50-C1
Denon X1200W

I have CEC (ARC only) enabled. Ever since the update, whenever I turn my TV on, my receiver defaults to an input called "TV Audio" , even though I only have 2 inputs enabled in its options - neither of which are TV audio. Anyone else?
on the Denon go to:

setup--video---HDMI--TV audio switching: OFF
post #24779 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
on the Denon go to:

setup--video---HDMI--TV audio switching: OFF

I will do that when I get off work. Thanks!
post #24780 of 63864 Old 08-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
I'm running my sources including the new Xbox through a Marantz AV7702mkII. This setup is not robust to changing setting at all, else risk getting stuck with no signal. Even just starting things up any given time is a bit of a dice roll if I get picture right away or no signal.

I found that shutting off all the video professing on the Marantz helped. Denon should have the same settings. Turn off video conversion entirely and such.

With any of those settings on after these new firmware, I cannot get a picture through the Marantz at all if HDMI subsampling is also enabled.

I'm running a Fios box, Oppo Blu-Ray, Samsung UHD Blu-Ray and an Apple TV thru my 7702mkii up converting to 4K 60hz and have subsampling on my P75 and all display fine. I did have to change Oppo to RGB output because subsampling made other settings look pink or purple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page