Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please - Page 972 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288562Likes

post #29131 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post
I think everyone would be best served with an exhale and some patience. I think we are all frustrated due to all the inconsistencies and incompatibilities with current HDR10 implementations. It reminds me of the hand wringing prior to the HDR10 firmware update-some people were convinced it was an outright lie and support was never coming. We need to face the fact that it's still early in the game and owners of all displays, not just this one, are going to run into issues where we are essentially the guinea pigs working out bugs. The Vizio CTO acknowledged issues with the xbox around the launch of the One S and that they were looking in to it. Believe me, I'd like it fixed as fast as the next person and I'll be a bit bummed if HDR isn't working when Horizon 3 comes out. The bottom line is that there's no reason why it won't be fixed at some point relatively soon. In the meantime, make your voices heard to Vizio that you want HDR gaming to work properly on your P series. We sometimes forget that this forum does not reflect the general public. I can only imagine Vizio CSR's being constantly flooded with tablet/casting issues from the less tech savvy owners, so it's quite possible some of these HDR10 issues are lower on the totem pole. It sucks for you and me, but that's reality. The One S has only been out for about 6 weeks and the first HDR console game came out TODAY. Can't really fault Matt McRae from being quieter in the thread..no matter what info he gives he can't win. Give a specific date, people get out the pitchforks as soon as it draws near...give a less clear answer like "we're working on it", and those same pitchforks are out because we aren't given anything more specific.

and c'mon. people should know better than to freak out over what some customer support person tells them. They are reading off a script, and most likely don't even know what the hell HDR10 is. They are trained to read the script and the script isn't going to include any features that aren't yet implemented or fixed.
Well, if they've told CSRs to change their language, and are now only saying "it was only ever meant for UHD Blu-ray support," that tells me it may never be fixed. I had a 2014 P-series, and it took months to finally fix 120Hz support via firmware. When they finally did, it broke 60Hz at 4K. When I brought that fact up to them, they were suddenly telling me the set never supported 60Hz at 4K, and nothing was wrong.

Gabby: I did just verify our TVS will not work on [email protected] only [email protected] What you would have to do is contact your computer manufacture to verify the graphics cards in order for it to work properly.
Visitor: Haha, when did that become the case? Mine has always worked at 4K/60Hz with an Nvidia GTX 970.
Visitor: It's an HDMI 2.0 card and should work on the HDMI 2.0 port.
Gabby: It should have never worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29132 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I wish @mattmc rae or Vizio would create a product blog to provide updated info. I can't find anything in this thread if it's not in the first post.

Patiently waiting for the next firmware update. I feel like that will sure up a lot of the issues.
post #29133 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Am I reading incorrectly, or does that article imply the "under $1000" 50" P-series is a 120Hz panel?
I was just going to post the same thing. Oopsy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29134 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by scitek View Post
Well, if they've told CSRs to change their language, and are now only saying "it was only ever meant for UHD Blu-ray support," that tells me it may never be fixed.
This is my concern as well. If this was just a bug that Vizio had to fix I would not like it but I would not be concerned. The fact the the language used when I and many others contacted support is what worries me.
post #29135 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandstormGT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svtcobrastang View Post
What the ...I just bought a P series TV for HDR gaming and streaming and if it doesn't work with gaming I'm screwed because I'm past the window to return it.
Then you didn't just buy it. Research your products before investing large sums of money.
Are you kidding me? How was anyone supposed to know that the P Series was really going to get a "HDR4.5" and that it won't support anything but UHD Blu-Ray? I don't think anyone knew there was a difference between the HDR10 we got and the HDR10 that everything else uses.

Quote:

Also, hopefully all the gamers bitching about HDR input lag have returned their TV because they are most likely ignored by everyone in this thread that spends their time giving advice, so when they do have a "real" problem with their TV, nobody will notice.
Please put us on ignore. We don't want close minded attitude ridden people on this forum. Keep your opinions to yourself
post #29136 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Well, if they've told CSRs to change their language, and are now only saying "it was only ever meant for UHD Blu-ray support," that tells me it may never be fixed. I had a 2014 P-series, and it took months to finally fix 120Hz support via firmware. When they finally did, it broke 60Hz at 4K. When I brought that fact up to them, they were suddenly telling me the set never supported 60Hz at 4K, and nothing was wrong.

Gabby: I did just verify our TVS will not work on [email protected] only [email protected] What you would have to do is contact your computer manufacture to verify the graphics cards in order for it to work properly.
Visitor: Haha, when did that become the case? Mine has always worked at 4K/60Hz with an Nvidia GTX 970.
Visitor: It's an HDMI 2.0 card and should work on the HDMI 2.0 port.
Gabby: It should have never worked.
The whole "HDR10 only for physical media" is a bit strange. Its a standard, if the source follows it and the destination follows it, it should work. I mean thats the whole point of a standard. Its like having a PS4 and games not displaying and then saying "oh our TVs only display HDMI content from Blu Rays", that makes no sense. The data encapsulation should look the same on the wire regardless of the content. Of course I know only little about HDR10, but it just seems strange to only support one specific delivery as if there is a difference. How does the TV (or monitor, whatever) know the origination of the HDR metadata.
post #29137 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
My new P65 has the same yellow splotch

New TV

Just received my P65 finally today and I have the exact same problems. The center is slightly yellow and the sides of the screen have a weird grey/pink hue to them.

Really disappointing for this price. If the colour on the screen isn't brown/green I can't tell, but this is going to eat me up inside.

How are you liking your M series? I'm thinking of calling Costco and returning this TV for the 65" M series.

Lastly can anyone confirm if the HDMI Cable that comes with the P65 or the Xbox 1S are highspeed and support HDR? I cant seem to get my Xbox to say my tv is compatible on HDMI 3.
post #29138 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldicon12 View Post
So i went to bestbuy to check out the vizio p and the salesman was telling me how bad the vizio p was and that sony x930d is way better. Also i was telling him how vizio has full array local dimming and he said no it did not and i said yes it does and he said no it does not lol. so after going back and forth i just left the store empty handed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigxboss View Post
A ton of us had a similar experience. When the P series was completely out of stock and couldn't be ordered at the end of June/Early July, a few Best Buy reps tried shoving Sony down my throat. I asked him what the input lag was on one of the sets and he had no idea what input lag was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayanythingrock View Post
yep same convo here in Miami. Oh vizio is crap . we have sold 2 and 1 came back. Sony never comes back yada yada. tried to push the 65 inch which was edge lit that cost $500 more than the vizio which made no sense

not interested in paying $5k for the full array 75 inch

wonder if they get spiff or incentive to push sony/samsung
I must have the best Best Buy lol. I bought my tv in Augusta GA. The two sales guys I talked to, over the course of two hours while looking at all my options there, said the P65 is the best for the money and getting three times priced LG OLED might not be what I would want. This was with the idea that I gave them that money wasn't a factor. I wanted the best 65" display for UHD blu ray and gaming. They didn't have any in stock and they went searching around stores for me. Found one in a store an hour away lol. While trying to complete the order and I'd go pick it up, it was snatched in store. Well, they went ahead and factory ordered it and it took three days.

They were really good with going over all the different brands, what they featured, and ended up promoting the Vizio. /shrugs
pcp7 likes this.
post #29139 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:54 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I wish @mattmc rae or Vizio would create a product blog to provide updated info. I can't find anything in this thread if it's not in the first post.

Patiently waiting for the next firmware update. I feel like that will sure up a lot of the issues.
If you want Matt McRae to be notified you MUST use his actual AVS screen name.
Ph8te and Patrick Randall like this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #29140 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I must have the best Best Buy lol. I bought my tv in Augusta GA. The two sales guys I talked to, over the course of two hours while looking at all my options there, said the P65 is the best for the money and getting three times priced LG OLED might not be what I would want. This was with the idea that I gave them that money wasn't a factor. I wanted the best 65" display for UHD blu ray and gaming. They didn't have any in stock and they went searching around stores for me. Found one in a store an hour away lol. While trying to complete the order and I'd go pick it up, it was snatched in store. Well, they went ahead and factory ordered it and it took three days.

They were really good with going over all the different brands, what they featured, and ended up promoting the Vizio. /shrugs
No one ever said that it was impossible to get good service at BB. No one ever said that winning the lottery was impossible either.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #29141 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Well, if they've told CSRs to change their language, and are now only saying "it was only ever meant for UHD Blu-ray support," that tells me it may never be fixed.
It's no doubt frustrating, but again I think we really just need to take what CSR's say with a grain of salt. They were saying some strange things and changed up language back in June that had people all in a tizzy that HDR10 support wasn't coming. Something about it never being promised or that it was never listed as a supported feature. We have proof that HDR10 works on this display, so logically this stuff will all be worked out eventually. The device inconsistencies are what they are...an unfortunate consequence of HDR10's open standards..so until there's more consistency/compatability between devices, consumers are just going to have to deal with it. We're the early adopters, it sucks but it kinda is what it is.

Sony 55X900e
Vizio P50-C1 - My Calibration Settings
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro

Last edited by chad473; 09-16-2016 at 01:11 PM.
post #29142 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Character_Zero View Post
The whole "HDR10 only for physical media" is a bit strange. Its a standard, if the source follows it and the destination follows it, it should work. I mean thats the whole point of a standard. Its like having a PS4 and games not displaying and then saying "oh our TVs only display HDMI content from Blu Rays", that makes no sense. The data encapsulation should look the same on the wire regardless of the content. Of course I know only little about HDR10, but it just seems strange to only support one specific delivery as if there is a difference. How does the TV (or monitor, whatever) know the origination of the HDR metadata.
The Customer Service person is wrong, I get Netflix HDR10, from my Philips UHD players app. You have heard of the LCD panel lottery? There is also a CSR lottery.
post #29143 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
AANNDDD here we go again...
Too bad that every review site out there disagrees with you about the KS8000 vs the P series.
So why exactly are you comming to the owners thread to post this? Will it make you happy to change someone's mind? Can't wrap your head around the fact that many owners are very satisfied with their P Vizio??
I'm confused. i have seen 0 reviews say the p series was better than any1. especially a ks8000
post #29144 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
To anyone with fears about XBox One S HDR gaming, it is an older post, but on his twitter back in August Matt mentioned HDR gaming. (Can post the link since I am fairly new here.) There is another post he retweeted that talks about playing Gears of War 4 on a P Series. If anything it indicates that it is not something they are ignoring at least on Matt's end. Best to just wait this one out to see how it goes.
post #29145 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Am I reading incorrectly, or does that article imply the "under $1000" 50" P-series is a 120Hz panel?
You are reading it correctly. It is they who are categorically incorrect and have undermined their own credibility. Less of a review and more of a marketing material regurgitation (since as we all know Vizio most misleadingly boasts "120Hz clear action" on the 50").
post #29146 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is what a Vizio rep just told me:

Quote:
The following devices have been tested & will show some content in HDR10 the Samsung UBD-K8500, Xbox One S (HDR UHD Discs ONLY) and the Phillips BDP7501 (HDR UHD Discs ONLY).
We are evaluating support for additional devices and content as they become available, but we have only tested HDR UHD movies through discs.
So that tells me they ARE working on getting more support, but that's all they can guarantee for now.
DaverJ likes this.
post #29147 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
wehn i called vizio to inquire why my upscaling blu ray player was intermittently not recognizing the tv as 4k they told me to plug it into hdmi 1 (i have it in 3) because thats the only port that supports 4k. the second he said this i immediately asked politely to speak to the next levle up support person.

you gotta realize its the first layer of tech support for vizio, who still sells most of their tvs to non tech savvy price shoppers at places like costco and sams that call in for very basic things. i would never try to talk to a first level tech support person about hdr between the xbox one s and p. you gotta ask for someone more senior.
post #29148 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmons View Post
I'm confused. i have seen 0 reviews say the p series was better than any1. especially a ks8000
cnet
pcp7 likes this.
post #29149 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
wehn i called vizio to inquire why my upscaling blu ray player was intermittently not recognizing the tv as 4k they told me to plug it into hdmi 1 (i have it in 3) because thats the only port that supports 4k. the second he said this i immediately asked politely to speak to the next levle up support person.

you gotta realize its the first layer of tech support for vizio, who still sells most of their tvs to non tech savvy price shoppers at places like costco and sams that call in for very basic things. i would never try to talk to a first level tech support person about hdr between the xbox one s and p. you gotta ask for someone more senior.
Yeah, I got the HDMI 1 and "make sure subsampling is on" thing, too. I tried it, anyway. Didn't work. :P
post #29150 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Stuttering/Judder on P65-C1

I have the latest firmware (2.0.13.13), reset to factory multiple times. Set at Calibrated*, reduce judder at 3 or 4 (depending on source) and reduce motion blur at 5-10 depending on source, active LED on, Clear Motion off, etc.

I have had random stuttering (I'm assuming that's judder) from every source - regular Sony Blu Ray player, streaming netflix, XBox One S Blu Ray with and without HDR10 or HDR enabled (latest firmware and blu ray player updates), cable at 1080i, etc. It doesn't matter for me if it's 4K, HDR or not, on panning scenes it almost always has some judder. The only way to minimize it from very noticeable to slightly noticeable is to use reduce judder, which I only have set at 3 most of the time to avoid soap opera effect. I have a 300Mbs connection via Ethernet, tests at 330mbs download speed, so on the streaming I know it's not bandwidth.

This appears to be an issue on other threads I've read over time. For me, the P65-C1 has way more judder natively than I've had on any other TV, such as a 5 year old higher end LG 1080p or a new 55" Roku TV by TCL. On the LG's I've owned, I've never had to use features that enabled soap opera effect to reduce judder on panning scenes, etc.. The P65-C1 had this issue since day one.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any suggestions or work-arounds? I bought mine direct from Vizio in May and assume I'm past the return timeframe.
post #29151 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1971 View Post
I have the latest firmware (2.0.13.13), reset to factory multiple times. Set at Calibrated*, reduce judder at 3 or 4 (depending on source) and reduce motion blur at 5-10 depending on source, active LED on, Clear Motion off, etc.

I have had random stuttering (I'm assuming that's judder) from every source - regular Sony Blu Ray player, streaming netflix, XBox One S Blu Ray with and without HDR10 or HDR enabled (latest firmware and blu ray player updates), cable at 1080i, etc. It doesn't matter for me if it's 4K, HDR or not, on panning scenes it almost always has some judder. The only way to minimize it from very noticeable to slightly noticeable is to use reduce judder, which I only have set at 3 most of the time to avoid soap opera effect. I have a 300Mbs connection via Ethernet, tests at 330mbs download speed, so on the streaming I know it's not bandwidth.

This appears to be an issue on other threads I've read over time. For me, the P65-C1 has way more judder natively than I've had on any other TV, such as a 5 year old higher end LG 1080p or a new 55" Roku TV by TCL. On the LG's I've owned, I've never had to use features that enabled soap opera effect to reduce judder on panning scenes, etc.. The P65-C1 had this issue since day one.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any suggestions or work-arounds? I bought mine direct from Vizio in May and assume I'm past the return timeframe.
Turn off the SOE features. All you need is Game Low Latency ON. I have a P65 and it has fixed it for me on casting, discs, video streamers etc . Weird but necessary.
reallynotnick likes this.
post #29152 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
http://referencehometheater.com/revi...p65-c1-review/

http://gizmodo.com/this-future-proof...000-1785028426

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/

Quote:
We’ve finished testing a new group of TVs, and the Vizio P65-C1 is replacing the Samsung JU7100 as our new top pick. It offers the best image for the money, with support for all the new HDR standards and picture quality that beats the competition. This set takes the novel approach of replacing internal apps with Google Chromecast support, allowing you to use the included tablet or your own smartphone to stream content to it. We recommend only the 65-inch and 75-inch sizes, as the smaller models are missing features we think are essential. If you need a smaller TV or want one with integrated apps, the Sony X930D series offers an image that isn’t quite as good on most content as the Vizio’s, but it’s still better than other displays we tried. The Sony model uses Google Android TV and supports a wide range of streaming services along with good integrated voice search. Our initial thoughts on the TVs we tested this year are in the What to look forward to section below. Stay tuned for the full update to this guide.
goldicon12 and mattdr like this.

Last edited by thrustbucket; 09-16-2016 at 02:25 PM.
post #29153 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigxboss View Post
Seriously? The main reason I got this TV was for HDR gaming. This is ridiculous.
Exactly why I posted what I did. So people looking to buy this TV for gaming don't spend their hard earned cash on a HDR gaming TV that is not optimal.

Someone got all salty over my above review...ha.
post #29154 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/

Quote:
We’ve finished testing a new group of TVs, and the Vizio P65-C1 is replacing the Samsung JU7100 as our new top pick.
Brandon B likes this.
post #29155 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdr View Post
Exactly why I posted what I did. So people looking to buy this TV for gaming don't spend their hard earned cash on a HDR gaming TV that is not optimal.
So your mission is to warn others about something you couldn't have possibly tried? Didn't you return your P Series before HDR gaming existed?

Seriously, who trolls a TV forum? That's just weird.
Schwa, Brandon B, Ph8te and 1 others like this.
post #29156 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 PM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
Just received my P65 finally today and I have the exact same problems. The center is slightly yellow and the sides of the screen have a weird grey/pink hue to them.

Really disappointing for this price. If the colour on the screen isn't brown/green I can't tell, but this is going to eat me up inside.

How are you liking your M series? I'm thinking of calling Costco and returning this TV for the 65" M series.

Lastly can anyone confirm if the HDMI Cable that comes with the P65 or the Xbox 1S are highspeed and support HDR? I cant seem to get my Xbox to say my tv is compatible on HDMI 3.
Agreed, 95% sure I'm going to call Costco this weekend to return mine as I think I only have a week left even though I didn't take delivery until mid July. While I don't see it with a lot of content, I'm sure if I do decide to game on the set it would be significantly more noticeable. Plus I notice a lot of DSE with sports in general, especially hockey but also baseball, football, soccer. May play the panel lottery and order another, or live with my old plasma a bit longer until HDR/Dynamic HDR/DV etc play out. But then, that could be another year or two.

It's one of those things were 90% of the time the set is stunning to me, and then 10% of the time I'm noticing the DSE and screen uniformity issues at the edges....then I tend to focus more and more on those vs the 90% of the time. Plus with hockey season starting soon, that 10% will become 30-50% of my viewing.

I do loathe the thought of packing up the 65" TV and figuring out how to return it, or figuring out a day I can take off to have Costco come pick it up if that's how it works.
b_rad4 likes this.

My DIY Subs ... https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #29157 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 02:33 PM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Forgot this one...

Best HDR TVs

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-features/hdr/best

Quote:
The Samsung KS8000 is one of the best 4K TVs available right now. It’s really versatile, it does great in brighter rooms and is the best alternative to the Vizio P Series if your usage is more gaming heavy.

My DIY Subs ... https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #29158 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
IF you have an uber high quality video (I remember an amazing Costa rica "nature" 4K youtube vid) and you play it back in 1080p, the TV will upscale to 4K and it will look amazing.
Then if you set the video to 4K, you will have a real hard time knowing you are now seeing TRUE 4K. It's just the nature of the beast. Very little difference in cases like this with high quality video.

If a video is darker, with grain and lots of smoke and shadows then it would probably be more obvious when seeing source 4K.

As many have said, it's all about HDR and WCG were even grandma will say "wow! what a difference!". 4K resolution alone is a bust unless you sit 4 feet from an 80+ screen
So if I have an upscaling 4k TV and a blu-ray player, it would be almost redundant to get a 4k blu-ray player unless I have HDR content.
Bevmo likes this.
post #29159 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

I have had 3 P65s. 1st and 3rd had this issue and the 2nd was just completely broken out of the box. My 1st was definitely worse, but I have the yellow tint in the center with blue tint at the side frames and have seen this in a lot of screenshots in this thread.

I have had some luck reducing the blue tint at the frames by wiping or 'massaging' the screen. I just wipe the screen along the frame from top to bottom and work my way towards the middle. It hasn't completely fixed the problem, but it has reduced it. I used the Martian to test out the picture because like you said, the orange really brings out the issue which makes the screen look green depending on how bad the tint issue is. I just put the movie on last night and after about a week of wiping once a day its hardly noticeable.

I think it may have something to do with the cabinet putting pressure on the screen at the edges because you see similar discoloration whenever you put any pressure on the screen.

To answer your HDMI question, yes, both cables should support 4k and HDR. Make sure your HDMI inputs in the TV settings have subsampling turned on.

I am using a 10' amazon basics cable and have not had any issues with 4k/HDR if you need to try another cable.
Karnis2 likes this.
post #29160 of 64351 Old 09-16-2016, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

The M series doesn't support wide color gamut so HDR may not look as good when compared to the P series. I went through the same thing with my P65 plus vertical banding. I ultimately ended up returning it because I couldnt get around it. It was distracting and for $2k I want to be satisfied with my purchase.

I did get the samsung KS8000 and the panel uniformity was better. The P65 was better when it came to the motion blur and the black levels are better IMO.

But for me the banding and color shifts were something I couldn't adjust to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2016/2017 vizio p-series - nice pic(k)! / netflix , best value , D7000 , dolby vision , latest firmware - 6.0.18.1 - previous 5.0.16.1 , Vizio , Vudu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page